Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage (1166 Views)

Lady Who Aborted 5 Babies Shares Their Pictures. Says 'I Love My Babies' / 35 Common Body Languages That Says ‘i Love You’: Everyone Takes No 1 For Granted / Lady Shows Off Her Money, Says “I Am Too Busy To Impress Haters And Fake People” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by lawrenzi(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2017
Dear lawrenzi,
I will be 30 by March 2017 and my dad says I am not yet ready for marriage, he seems not to have any specific reason for this position and I am already losing sense. My boyfriend of 7 years has been patient enough, and we have gone to meet him and to appeal to him and what he kept saying is that when I am ready he would know. unfortunately my mum don’t stay with us and even when she comes around she does not have much say on what happens. Should I move away from the house, please I need your advice.

Thanks,
Horlar.
08068367###
http://www.lawrenzi.com/2017/01/03/at-30-my-dad-says-i-am-not-yet-ready-for-marriage/
you can also drop your comment on our comment box on lawrenzi.com.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 03, 2017
You are indeed not yet ready. When your dad control you like a teenager and makes decisions on your behalf offcourse he's gonna think you are still a kid hence the reason he's treating you this way.

There's respecting your parents n then been foolish and letting them ruin your life.

You are doing the later very welll bravo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by famousbowale: 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Age is not maturity

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Papasmal(m): 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bae menopause is knocking.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:
You are indeed not yet ready. When your dad control you like a teenager and makes decisions on your behalf offcourse he's gonna think you are still a kid hence the reason he's treating you this way.

There's respecting your parents n then been foolish and letting them ruin your life.

Hmmmn cos you already have someone servicing your big bum thats why you talking thrash.. Which parent won't wish his/her child well!? Instead of you to advice em on how to cajole or psych the parent so if theres a secret, the cat wud be let outta tha bag, u here talking gibberish.. Mehn your a confirmed Sadist

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by BlackDBagba: 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
You're not ready. When you are, you'll walk away and he ready to face life without him.
Right now, you're still under his control and two men can't be controlling you at the same time.

Move out and get married when you're ready.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by sweettease(f): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2017
Justdulla:

Hmmmn cos you already have someone servicing your big bum thats why you talking thrash.. Which parent won't wish his child well!? Instead of you to advice em on how to cajole or psych the parent so if theres a secret, the cat wud be let outta tha bag, u here talking gibberish.. Mehn your a confirmed Sadist
Why you come take am personal now? Is there no freedom of opinion here again? Shuo cheesy
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by beycity(m): 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2017
Just get pregnant, then 80% of this issue is solved.

3 Likes

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
Justdulla:

Hmmmn cos you already have someone servicing your big bum thats why you talking thrash.. Which parent won't wish his/her child well!? Instead of you to advice em on how to cajole or psych the parent so if theres a secret, the cat wud be let outta tha bag, u here talking gibberish.. Mehn your a confirmed Sadist
dude stfu! There are parents that love to control their children. A 30 yr old woman and her dad is saying she's not yet ready and you are here talking through your anus. Think you with your fu..cki.ng brain.

There comes a time in one life when one has to take control of your own life. Let your parent guide you with their blessings but not control your life. Unless offcourse you are an adult with a teenage brain like yourself.

2 Likes

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
sweettease:

Why you come take am personal now? Is there no freedom of opinion here again? Shuo cheesy
Some people tend to abuse freedom of speech.. instead of suggesting ways in which the lady can forge agead, she add insukt join. some people just like to judge quick like they wear the same shoes with everyone. they dont know that in everybodys household , the system varies.

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Yhelay(m): 5:06pm On Jan 03, 2017
There are a lot of things that determines your maturity, far from age, being responsible one of them, try and do a genuine test on your maturity and answer yourself if you are truly mature and ready for a lifetime journey without your parents being fully involved in germane matters of your life

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:
dude stfu! There are parents that love to control their children. A 30 yr old woman and her dad is saying she's not yet ready and you are here talking through your anus. Think you with your fu..cki.ng brain.

There comes a time in one life when one has to take control of your own life. Let your parent guide you with their blessings but not control your life. Unless offcourse you are an adult with a teenage brain like yourself.
so you adult with the adult brain in your mind you have spoken well aite? your so dumb like our Sports Minister mehn.
So cos you priviledged to hold an internet enabled phone you typing thrash here. Even your grammatical presentation is below par.
Someone seeks for advice, instead you quick to point their fault and insult the.. Your problem must be a problem.
Anewaiz i dont waste time dispatching 'Psychiatric Patients with special needs to tha Thrash, Be Gone Dirt.

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2017
Justdulla:

so you adult with the adult brain in your mind you have spoken well aite? your so dumb like our Sports Minister mehn.
So cos you priviledged to hold an internet enabled phone you typing thrash here. Even your grammatical presentation is below par.
Someone seeks for advice, instead you quick to point their fault and insult the.. Your problem must be a problem.
Anewaiz i dont waste time dispatching 'Psychiatric Patients with special needs to tha Thrash, Be Gone Dirt.
ouch I can see I really hit a nerve with a grown man probably still living in his mother basement. grin grin grin grin grin You have watch the 40 year old virgin haven't you? lipsrsealed pathetic loser! grin
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:

Don't forget she leaves with her father, age-wise she may be ready for marriage, but psychologically she may not really be ready: parents know their wards better.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by sweettease(f): 5:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
Justdulla:

Some people tend to abuse freedom of speech.. instead of suggesting ways in which the lady can forge agead, she add insukt join. some people just like to judge quick like they wear the same shoes with everyone. they dont know that in everybodys household , the system varies.
anyway this is you exercising your freedom of speech cheesy
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:
ouch I can see I really hit a nerve with a grown man probably still living in his mother basement. grin grin grin grin grin You have watch the 40 year old virgin haven't you? lipsrsealed pathetic loser! grin
Hahah no be only nerve na muscle.
How about yah nairaland slut, cumming insane on erri post yah cucumber fanatic. Mind your business Mrs aproko stopping poking nose in people posts if you aint intelligent enough to comment. it saves time and makes Nairaland abound with wise folks.
Deranged Sadist
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
sweettease:
anyway this is you exercising your freedom of speech cheesy
Yup only that i fight for common sense. grin
I dont start beef, I kill it.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Splinz(m): 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2017
sweettease:

E pain am sey no be him dey bang that arse... cheesy

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Quintessential1(f): 5:32pm On Jan 03, 2017
The truth is, for your father to insist you aren't yet ready for marriage, then it means you aren't. You've probably been exhibiting some traits that suggest irresponsibility or the incapability to sustain a marriage. I wouldn't like to believe that your father doesn't wish you well. You've got to look inwards and find out what is wrong.

Better still, talk to him as a child would talk to a father. Pour out your heart to him, let him know that more than anything else, you desire to get married, and he should let you know why he feels you aren't, so you can make the necessary changes.

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
Justdulla:

Hahah no be only nerve na muscle.
How about yah nairaland slut, cumming insane on erri post yah cucumber fanatic. Mind your business Mrs aproko stopping poking nose in people posts if you aint intelligent enough to comment. it saves time and makes Nairaland abound with wise folks.
Deranged Sadist

Fu...c.k off my mentions man. You're just a jobless loner. Not wasting my time on you anymore.

Talking about I must win beef online beef? I didn't know I w2as indeed dealing with a jobless computer nerd. Fu....ck off!
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
After reading his write up, I stand with his dad. Young man, please wait for more 10yrs.undecided

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by ailehwise(m): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
your mum is not always at home right?since your mum is not always at home, i guess that's why he is keeping you.
cooking, washing of plates, cleaning of rooms.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Chanchit: 5:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:

Her dad was right, if not she won't come and ask anonymous people online whether to marry or not.

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 03, 2017
Chanchit:

Her dad was right, if not she won't come and ask anonymous people online whether to marry or not.
thanks jare.
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Cornerstone2020(m): 5:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Please wait till you are forty

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 03, 2017
rokiatu:

Fu...c.k off my mentions man. You're just a jobless loner. Not wasting my time on you anymore.

Talking about I must win beef online beef? I didn't know I w2as indeed dealing with a jobless computer nerd. Fu....ck off!
yoh call me jobless fuckface but you have been replying all along yiu b1tch ah know you love ma style.. Fake ass b1tch ass bitch. Your wana seem different but your the same punk ass hypocrite.
Be Gone Daughter of Jezebel

1 Like

Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by gunners160(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
hmm,just here 2 rid comments and all i kan read is 2 people having an e fights and claimin 2 b adults
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
It is either her father saw something in her or he is just being over possessive. Whatever it is the Lady should talk to him to find out. If he remain adamant, she should get other family members involved. I wont suggest eloping with the man because, the parent's blessing matters a lot, The man may later in the future abuse her and it is never the right thing to do. smiley
Re: At 30, My Dad Says I Am Not Yet Ready For Marriage by wordbank(m): 6:05pm On Jan 03, 2017
Op knows herself, she knows the attitude she put up when she's at home with her parents have, she knows her class of friends and so on.
First you have to clear all doubts your parents. I said parents cos your mom is bias and need to be honest. Should you have some setbacks, try to catch up. You don't necessarily have to leave the house to prove your point as in the case of men. Make plans (short term) and actualise them. Marriage is not everything but can fulfil oneself.
I wish you well

(1) (Reply)

I know boys will not notice this cute Baby Boy? (pic) / Check Your Relationships. / Lol! When Boyfriend And Girlfriend Are Fooling Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.