Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French (7472 Views)

Obasanjo, Adenuga, Okoya Welcome Buhari To Ogun State (Photos) / You Need To Read What Obasanjo Wants Nigerians To Do On April 11 / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by vislabraye(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
Can he speak French? French is a beautiful language to learn, they should make French courses more accessible to the general populace
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
.;
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by kuramo: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
Bon apres-midi,

Est-ce que quelqu'un parle anglais ici ?
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
and if you people want to speak french there is already a long on going thread with people discussing in french.
just to let you know.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Bongoman1: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by tanimz(f): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
Etes-vous jaloux ?
Comment ce vous ennuie ?
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by tanimz(f): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
Bongo_man:

Nigerian Bussiness Mogul are so full of crap i bet another Idiot would advice us embrace to German Language pretty soon,

LOL!! That is true
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
Nigerian Bussiness Mogul are so full of crap i bet another Idiot would advice us embrace to German Language pretty soon,

He didnt put a gun to anyones head to learn French, its not that Okoya would benefit from it,
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Bongoman1: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by texazzpete(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
All the man has done is to recommend that Nigerians learn french as a second language? considering the occassion and venue for that speech, there's absolutely nothing wrong in what he said.

learning a new language is a personal decision and a personal choice. I wonder why someone is bringing up the fact that our primary education is in a shambles. How does that make a difference in this case?

Perhaps you may wish to bring up these same objections when your Pastor asks you to read the Bible.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by mamagee3(f): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
Nigeria should learn French. angry
Leaders go back to school for fuc.k sake
! angry angry
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
someone made a suggestion, we jumped on him and knock him down, it seems like we have this "lack mentality" engraved into Nigerians, learning french wont add to Okoya's bank balance, but hey, its part of our personal development, Nigeria is country that has grossed over a trillion $$$ from oil but nothing to show for it, I guess we are happy about that situation than someone asking us to acquire more knowledge,
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
omar22:

someone made a suggestion, we jumped on him and knock him down, it seems like we have this "lack mentality" engraved into Nigerians, learning french wont add to Okoya's bank balance, but hey, its part of our personal development, Nigeria is country that has grossed over a trillion $$$ from oil but nothing to show for it, I guess we are happy about that situation than someone asking us to acquire more knowledge,

Keep your Essay short
You're not writing a letter to the president
. cool

1 Like

Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Bongoman1: 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 8:45pm On Nov 23, 2009
@Omar, what has oil got to do with it,

you do the maths
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2009
Keep your Essay short
You're not writing a letter to the president.

?
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by blackspade(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
Learning Spanish would make more sense in my opinion. With large Spanish speaking nations expected to represent some of the worlds largest economies in the not too distant future, I would seriously reconsider French, and go towards learning Spanish (I'm about to go to Spanish 2 btw). Learning Mandarin would make sense too, but I doubt that China's economic rise would put it on the level of English, especially considering over 300m Chinese already know it, with many more learning. I also hear Mandarin is one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn and it takes years to master for non-native speakers- another reason why I don't think it will be as prominent as English.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
Learning Spanish would make more sense in my opinion. With large Spanish speaking nations expected to represent some of the worlds largest economies in the not too distant future, I would seriously reconsider French, and go towards learning Spanish (I'm about to go to Spanish 2 btw). Learning Mandarin would make sense too, but I doubt that China's economic rise would put it on the level of English, especially considering over 300m Chinese already know it, with many more learning. I also hear Mandarin is one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn and it takes years to master for non-native speakers- another reason why I don't think it will be as prominent as English.

I dont mind actually if i could speak French, Spanish, Portugal or German or Japanese, I could speak a little Italian, but not fluently
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by profb: 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2009
a good idea. in benin republic nigerian are there major business men(kudos to the igbokwenus with french speaking prowess) cheesy
ther economy depends largely on export to nigeria.

let the laid of bankers tap into this french learning opportunity as a step to self employment through importation from this french speaking nation.

okoyas idea is not a total write-off, it is relevant.

i love french language
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 24, 2009
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 12:59am On Nov 24, 2009
Bongo_man:

i agree! what is learning french going to do? like someone else said what benefits will come from it?
RUBBISH!
whats next?

omar22:

i really dont see how knowing how to speak french is acquiring more knowledge. WOW!! you can speak another language, WOOPEE!! does that then make you smarter than the next person? does it? NO. it just means you know another language.
thats like saying someone who knows yoruba and english is smarter than someone who only knows english just because they can speak two languages,
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by texazzpete(m): 1:12am On Nov 24, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

i agree! what is learning french going to do? like someone else said what benefits will come from it?
RUBBISH!
whats next?
i really dont see how knowing how to speak french is acquiring more knowledge. WOW!! you can speak another language, WOOPEE!! does that then make you smarter than the next person? does it? NO. it just means you know another language.
thats like saying someone who knows yoruba and english is smarter than someone who only knows english just because they can speak two languages,

Learning another language is part of PERSONAL development.
Do i really need to explain to you the added benefits from speaking another language? Especially one as popular as French?
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:13am On Nov 24, 2009
Nope.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by dinggle: 1:24am On Nov 24, 2009
Whats this??, the english language our british colonial masters brought upon us, "are we fit speak am well"? If they want us to learn and speak french, they should tell the french embassy to grant visa to french graduates to continue their studies in France. I tell y'all Nigeria will turn a french country over nite. Telling me to learn french in order to communicate with Senegalese, Malians, Ivorians, Togolese is an INSULT!.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by Nobody: 1:29am On Nov 24, 2009
^^ gbam
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by udezue(m): 2:09am On Nov 24, 2009
How about we learn our own languages?
Not a terrible idea to learn French but that should not be our priority.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2009
i really dont see how knowing how to speak french is acquiring more knowledge

Dont start me off, I have promised not to be rude to you

The advantages of speaking another language (most especially the one of the 5 major ones) is huge, they are so many jobs that indicates that another European language is an advantage
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2009
yeah i know there are more job opportunities but, woopee!
like i said before English is the international language.
almost all these countries are learning English to be able to trade and communicate with the world.
why waste our time learning another language?
and i also kinda see from the point of dinggle up there.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2009
why waste our time learning another language?
and i also kinda see from the point of dinggle up there.

Girl its not a waste of time! If I could learn, I would, may be Spanish, I know Ghanaian a lady that we used to work together got a role with the United Nations only because she could speak both Dutch and German. acquiring knowledge is not a waste of time ooooooo if you read Dr Wayne Dyers book its clear like day in it, do not stop learning,

1 Like

Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:56am On Nov 24, 2009
no im not whoever that is.
wrong person.
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by omar22(m): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2009
I should have asked this question on Facebook, I know its you

anyway i have taken the name off, great fan of a certain book, nice picture as well,
Re: Okoya-thomas Wants Nigerians To Learn French by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2009
lmao! i dont even have a facebook account.
im not Amaka Eze.
lol are we alike or something? do i remind you of her?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 / Breaking News: Aftermath Of Rivers State House Of Assembly Crisis / Plateau Blood Bath: CNN's Christine Amanpour's View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.