Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Because I Am A Woman! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because I Am A Woman! (44732 Views)

My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
Just marry a man/be around men that respect you, that's all. Every one can never reason or agree with you.

It's on Nairaland I see men that reason this way in bulk, in reality I see them once in awhile, that's because I have learned to select the people I associate with, I don't associate with archaic never-do-wells.

Even women are involved in some of these things_ no one should see it as a woman Vs man thing, it's all individual ideologies which can be traced most times to upbringing.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by boman2014: 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
people dey vex for chelse match u dy there dey claim feminist

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by pennywys(m): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
I dey come
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by feodan: 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pack Well

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by pryd(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrsMurphy:
This is the true definition of what mainly African women go through

In the hands of men and other WOMEN.

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Martinola(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
Chipappii:
grin
u just nailed it

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by obataokenwa(m): 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2017
After reading a book by Late Myles Munroe 'Understanding the Power and purpose of a woman', and one from Steve Harvey titled Treat her like a lady", From that day henceforth my mentality changed about women. They're meant to achieve all they want to achieve. I've read so many books but Where the hell is my wife to be?

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by ultimate73(m): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
100 percent correct
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Jayjay0(m): 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.
Total rubbish from the start to the end undecided.

Men don't compare our lives to women and we don't try to take or replace them and we have been living fine ever since..ladies should learn the same and not compare or try to be like men cause it make them look stupid..your a woman. Live and act like a woman and watch things happen in your favour

20 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrsMurphy:

Would you like to change your Color or Gender instead ?

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by kazyhm(m): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
malls/shops selling women's stuffs sells more than those selling men's stuffs,
why ? women buy more

on whose money ? >92% of women spend men's money on personal stuffs

who should protect women ? men
who should respect women ? men
who should carter for women's needs ? men
who is evil ? men
who is a cheater ? men
who should be more romantic ? men
who should be caring ? men
who should have humility ? men
who should be humble ? men
who should not have ego ? men
who should be stronger ? men
who should work harder ? men
who should take all the risks ? men
who should have control over emotions ? men
who should sacrifice ? men
who should pound harder in bed ? men
who should be train now to do house chores ? men
to be
who should be responsible ? men
who should take all the insults ? men
who should be maltreated ? men
who should not argue with women ? men
who should die first ? men
who should be verbally abused ? men
and who is not satisfied ? women

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AlphaStyles(m): 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
I am a woman I am a woman we know na

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jayjay0:

Men don't compare our lives to women and we don't try to take or replace them and we have been living fine ever since..ladies should learn the same and not compare or try to be like men cause it make them look stupid..your a woman. Live and act like a woman and watch things happen in your favour

What's the comparison there?
Understanding is deep sha sad

6 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by solidman59(m): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nonsense. How many times we go hear this talk? Woman this, woman that.

If you don't like men, stay away from us, haba!!

6 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by stan241(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Trying to play the "victim" card again i see, this was/is totally unnecessary if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by modaink333: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
And so fucking what?....how does that change the fact that chelshit loosed?......scroll down you will see where the peopl who gave a Bleep took their bath

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by babyfaceafrica: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
So should we fry beans?....nansense!!!

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by darichlife: 11:18pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nonsense I feel like slapping somebody right now

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by lawrenzi(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
If you get into an argument with a man and he slaps you, leave him and never come back into his life. why on earth would a man slap a woman? what kind of man is that? Can you slap a man? If you are wrong in a relationship apologize and don't get things complicated for yourself. Never underestimate the place of ' i am sorry" in your relationship. As a human being, you have a right to be angry, even animals too get angry at some point. Ask my friend Victor Ladi Arantes what his dog did to him. If your husband cheats on you and you are not ok with it, it is advisable you talk to him about it or better still walk away from his life. No body at this stage should tolerate a cheating partner. Even these days women are also guilty of cheating as men too, just that they are more careful with it. you should slim down(for yourself), dress better(for yourself), cook better(for yourself), pray harder(for yourself) and be more pleasant to him(maybe for him), if that is what is required to make your family fabulous why not do it? in as much as he does what you also want. As a human being You should not depend on one partner for all emotional needs, you just have to be careful with the kinds of need you get outside your partner. If at 28 you run a company and you are happy with it, why care about what people are saying, it's your life to live and not their's. After all marriage does not determine a successful life. As a woman you have a right to be successful, rich, be happy and be treated with respect without a man. The truth is that there are ladies who work hard to get their money without the help of any man and there are generous leg opener who got their money through runs or opening legs. It's their life. A man loses his wife after year and remarries, dear it's his choice and a woman remarries after four years, it's her choice too. different strokes for different folks. This post is not controversial because you are a woman, it is controversial because a lot of women are building their reality on some one else's foundation. i am sure this post was copied and this does not apply to you. A lot of ladies have lost happiness because they are trying to act the script written by someone else. Why not write your own script and act it

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by 2ScrewsLoose: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
You argue with me with insults, i go beat you wella whether you be man or woman... angry
Make sure you get strength before you go de sharp mouth.. sad

Realize that marriage is not a competition, just because a partner cheats don't mean you should do same...

Abroad where women are given more leverage, they lie, cheat, slander, destroy their men and even throw him out of his own house, what do you call that...

I no de like the way people go about posting things anyhow,, women are given so much leverage yet they want more... The good things men do for and to them they never say.. Always making men look bad... Na wa o sad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by free2ryhme: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:

Only wish it could be moved to front page for some ladies out there to draw strength from

is it a well ?

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by obataokenwa(m): 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
Jayjay0:

I don't see her comparing with men... she's just trying to make us understand that women are to be respected and also prone to faults and mistakes. they deserve forgiveness also cos they're not Angels as we want them to be.

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by ianSweet(f): 11:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
Xensity:
You forgot to mention these:

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to pay for you when you both go out, while you just eat and enjoy.

Because you are a woman, a man is not expected to hit you.

Because you are a woman, it's expected of men to do the physically challenging and strenuous jobs, while you do the easy ones.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to protect you like they were your bodyguards.

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to provide for you and take care of you, even if you can provide and take care of yourself.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to defy their natural programming, take medications, do exercises and practice hard, just to spend an inordinate amount of time pleasing you during sex.

I despise threads like this. You are painting a hyperbolic picture of what women experience while demonizing men in the process. You are also victimizing your gender in such a dishonest way, and making it seem like all you said is a true representation of how majority of men view or treat women in our present day.

You feminist apologists should just shut the fuuuck up. There has never been a better time for women in the history of human civilization than now. The world is getting better for your gender. Fuuucking remove the ideological blindfolds from your eyes and see.

Why don't you borrow a time machine and take your disingenuous thread to the 18th century. That's where it would make sense.

Mtcheew. Must everyone comment?
Some people just cannot withstand reality.

7 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by madridguy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2017
Women again?

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.
This feminism is beginning to eat up peoples brain. I wanna ask those that lived way long before this civilization (westernization) of a thing spread everywhere did marriages had these cracks like we are seeing today? All I can see is people chasing wind, instead of the real deal.

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Idrismusty97(m): 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
See them, Them don start again. Forming feminists...And na their fellow women dey guilty pass o. Your fellow women are still the ones that will insult you for doing all that stuff you listed there so you don't really have a point.

12 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Chrisrare: 11:22pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrsMurphy:

But when we start voicing out, we will be tagged feminist.

Check my signature
Blame those silly girls like estherfabian giving feminism a bad name.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Toks2008(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrsMurphy:

No not African women but bush women.

In an enlightened society all she wrote does not hold water cos enlightened people see things differently.

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by obataokenwa(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
lawrenzi:
If you get into an argument with a man and he slaps you, leave him and never come back into his life. why on earth would a man slap a woman? what kind of man is that? Can you slap a man? If you are wrong in a relationship apologize and don't get things complicated for yourself. Never underestimate the place of ' i am sorry" in your relationship. As a human being, you have a right to be angry, even animals too get angry at some point. Ask my friend Victor Ladi Arantes what his dog did to him. If your husband cheats on you and you are not ok with it, it is advisable you talk to him about it or better still walk away from his life. No body at this stage should tolerate a cheating partner. Even these days women are also guilty of cheating as men too, just that they are more careful with it. you should slim down(for yourself), dress better(for yourself), cook better(for yourself), pray harder(for yourself) and be more pleasant to him(maybe for him), if that is what is required to make your family fabulous why not do it? in as much as he does what you also want. As a human being You should not depend on one partner for all emotional needs, you just have to be careful with the kinds of need you get outside your partner. If at 28 you run a company and you are happy with it, why care about what people are saying, it's your life to live and not their's. After all marriage does not determine a successful life. As a woman you have a right to be successful, rich, be happy and be treated with respect without a man. The truth is that there are ladies who work hard to get their money without the help of any man and there are generous leg opener who got their money through runs or opening legs. It's their life. A man loses his wife after year and remarries, dear it's his choice and a woman remarries after four years, it's his choice too. different strokes for different folks. This post is not controversial because you are a woman, it is controversial because a lot of women are building their reality on some one else's foundation. i am sure this post was copied and this does not apply to you. A lot of ladies have lost happiness because they are trying to act the script written by someone else. Why not write your own script and act it
Nice one.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by prinsam30: 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
is this supposed to be a poetic justice or rhythm

just asking ooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / 19-year-old Boy Won N38 Million Bet ,his Father Insists He Return The Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.