Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Because I Am A Woman! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because I Am A Woman! (44738 Views)

My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by jericco1(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok kudos. but you guys want to be equal with your male counterparts?
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2017
It's in Nigeria or Africa we see such things , no regard for Woman and they're always disregarded in all things.

It's Only in America and all the rest of them , Woman are Respected.
They have equal rights etc

It's only in abroad that you'll see a Woman Take a Man out and Pay the Bills.

It's Only in Abroad that you will see Woman contest for presidential Elections. But Here In Nigeria , We're often told we know nothing and can't rule.

#God Help Us

5 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
lady2lady:
It's in Nigeria or Africa we see such things , no regard for Woman and they're always disregarded in all things.

It's Only in Abroad that you will see Woman contest for presidential Elections. But Here In Nigeria , We're often told we know nothing and can't rule.

#God Help Us
where is it written in the constitution that you know nothing?

and who stops you from taking a man out and pay the bills?

7 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
simplistic. Hyperbolic. On the whole, trash

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
Origin:

If you cannot say the same of many successful young men as run boys. Then the OP was right. Stop the hypocrisy. And stop generalizing most successful women work hard.
runs guys? iffa i hear

5 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by KingSango(m): 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.

Oppressing our mothers and daughters was the downfall of our great civilization. This is actually in the prophecy of Heru where the Gods question his hitting his mother Isis once as reason not to give him back the throne. We thought beating a woman and making her a slave was the right thing to do because we saw the Asiatic, the Arab and the European do that and they were great warriors. We will never get back to the glory of Africa until we educate girls and lift up our women. Ase.

Ayaba Oloori Iku Baba Yeye.

http://gullahgeecheeworldtradeunion..com/2016/12/reclaim-your-honor-as-independent.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLmtMck9yM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLmtMck9yM

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2017
lady2lady:

#God Help Us
is true thats why Guys are meant to control women

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by pocohantas(f): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
seggzz:

I'm really surprised at what women do say about the inequality in our society today. I can list over hundred ways where women or females are more favoured than men. Is it until you turn men to slaves before you realised you're favoured? check the following few samples...

(1) Women or females are gainfully employed than makes... Check the rate of unemployment in Nigeria. You would discovered that male unemployment rate is higher.

Very funny. It's only on post like this you guys remember women are gainfully employed. Other times, Nigerian women don't work...they just marry and spend their husband's money.

(2) women like themselves than man like themselves... I had discussion with someone, I told him that when you slap a female, it is your fellow male that would fight you or slap you without knowing who is at fault.
We hear you.
Same way men form gangs to rape and rob women.

(3) With current recession in Nigeria, I would say it affects mostly the males. It is in this country we see a female working in oil company but the man working as a roadside mechanic. This man pays his children school fees, house rents, pay millions for bride price and others. She would even ask the poor man to give her pocket money. Females are taking over the juicy jobs and yet not satisfied.
I guess only women are working in oil companies. You even had to use a male-dominated sector.
For every man doing mechanic work, there are 5 women selling fish, oranges, groundnut to support their families.

(4) Women raping men, who can tell me punishment for raping men in Nigeria? We can't hear of this.
There are very few reported or known cases of women raping men. Maybe when you guys speak out on it more and not see as bruising your egos, actions would be taken.

The society we have now favours women more than men. What I see in this your write-up is inequality but this is not 100% true.

Stop lying. Nigerian society is built on patriarchy, yes we are evolving and women just have to live with it or change their circle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by lawrenzi(m): 11:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
Nice one.

thanks
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by JONITEZ(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2017
Xensity:
The woman forgot to mention these:

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to pay for you when you both go out, while you just eat and enjoy.

Because you are a woman, a man is not expected to hit you.

Because you are a woman, it's expected of men to do the physically challenging and strenuous jobs, while you do the easy ones.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to protect you like they were your bodyguards.

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to provide for you and take care of you, even if you can provide and take care of yourself.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to defy their natural programming, take medications, do exercises and practice hard, just to spend an inordinate amount of time pleasing you during sex.

I despise posts like this. The writer is painting a hyperbolic picture of what women experience while demonizing men in the process. She is also victimizing her gender in such a dishonest way, and making it seem like all she said is a true representation of how majority of men view or treat women in our present day.

And I find it quite funny that the minority of women who are actually facing subjugation, like the ones in the Taliban aren't the one's creating this kind of post, it's these trend seeking, brazilian hair-wearing, face-painting, dress-slaying, gadjet-flaunting opportunists that know nothing about their world, and who have it easier than their Nigerian male counterparts, that are the ones passionately championing feminism on social media.

All you feminist apologists should just shut the fuuuck up. There has never been a better time for women in the history of human civilization than now. The world is getting better for your female gender. Fuuucking remove the ideological blindfolds from your eyes and see.

Op, why don't you borrow a time machine and take your disingenuous thread to 18th century Nigeria. That's where it would make sense.

I am sure the OP is not going to quote you. You just showed them the right path that they ignored.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by lawrenzi(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2017
michaelismenten:

U just nailed it. I think this is the best comment I'm reading on nairaland this year so far

AWWWW. thanks
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
Zceesneh:
they want to be compared with men, eve was a woman, adam never disobeyed God on his own, eve was to be blamed, that's why God said eve will be under adam, women are meant to be controlled
No offence to you, when I am having a logical argument with someone and he/she brings in the bible_ I just see that person as not having anything to say.
Makes no sense to me, you all remember the bible when it favours you.

7 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
Great Write up , Great woman. Unfortunately premature nairaland boys will not understand. Empty brains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by jaywhoco(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.
should be 'loses'...
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by rowbee(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2017
Playing the race, gender, disability or religion card is an act of cowardice and a sign of a low self esteem. You want respect? Fine!! Give valid resons you should get it through your actions and not through long speeches and essays. I will never truly respect a lady who spreads her legs for every Chinedu, Ahmed and Bayo, neither will I respect a guy who intentionally has an outrageous "body count." All your essays and speeches will simply be propaganda and go unheeded unless backed up by actions.

7 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Iamhoypete(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2017
It's so funny how African females craves for equal recognition with their male counterpart.
This is no way a bad thing ,but many of these females love to enjoy all the awesome things in the world being provided by a male party all in the name of because 'I AM A WOMAN' and never assume any responsibility on their own.
75% of African Women craves to tie a knot with a successful man rather than aiming to be successful themself.
It high time African women woke up and know that equal recognition equals to equal responsibility.
Ya'll can assume a lesser responsibility and expect equality. It's not done.

9 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by cybriz82(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2017
upon d whole wahala wey eve cause u still dey shout u are a woman u are a woman...sheybi if to say eve no chop dat apple by nw na from tree to tree we for dey see ourself...n una for dey easily knw who get d biggest casava...

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by cococandy(f): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2017
truthsayer007:

I know you would jump in. Especially You.
You get an award for being correct.

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2017
rowbee:
Playing the race, gender, disability or religion card is an act of cowardice and a sign of a low self esteem. You want respect? Fine!! Give valid resons you should get it through your actions and not through long speeches and essays. I will never truly respect a lady who spreads her legs for every Chinedu, Ahmed and Bayo, neither will I respect a guy who intentionally has an outrageous "body count." All your essays and speeches will simply be propaganda and go unheeded unless backed up by actions.
don't mind them.

you see them paint faces cos of low self esteem.

you see they run after we rich guys

you see them eat to full when on a date without paying a dime

you see them, very dull and totally lost on intelligent discussions

you see they cue up for freebies.

just the NL beach party guys were asked to pay higher, I opened a thread to protest but they attacked me.

they are not serious. when they are ready for equality they will be serious about it in all ramifications.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by DriveByKiller: 12:06am On Jan 05, 2017
[s]
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?

Because I am a woman,

Because I am a woman.

[/s]

Another feminist bullcrap from women with hormonal imbalance and gender identity crisis.

Keep blackmailing your way into position of authority. Lazy, scheming lots.

You want to be given certain percentage in political appointments because of your gender.

You want to be given certain positions in government parastatals and banks because you're a woman.

You want to take from society without giving back.

Bunch of thieving imposters and manipulators.

12 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2017
See all NL ladies supporting the write up! smiley
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by cococandy(f): 12:08am On Jan 05, 2017
Toks2008:

No not African women but bush women.

In an enlightened society all she wrote does not hold water cos enlightened people see things differently.
So Nigerian women are bush women?

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:09am On Jan 05, 2017
obataokenwa:
She's talking about women and she never said men don't deserve respect. you're already angry. for what really?
it either she isn't educated or she does not know her right,because i am a man,i am told not to insult women when they do same to me,i am told not to hit a woman when she hit me....instead of you guys to champion no violence in general irrespective of the gender involved,you all go shouting stop violence against women,stop rape against girls.....do you know how many boys that have been raped and is still been raped by aunties and sisters all over nigeria,what about the ones still been raped in countries like Pakistan.......you stink of shit...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:10am On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
where is it written in the constitution that you know nothing?

and who stops you from taking a man out and pay the bills?
Try to get my point !
It wasn't written in any constitution neither did anyone stopped A Lady from taking a man out.

Speaking of , Based on experiences and what I mostly see around , Woman can't go for presidential election , even if they wana go, that would be #waste of time, Because most people will disregard that fact. While some will say something like :

Hah! , who is this woman? What does she know? What can she do ?

It's high time , we realized that "What A Man Can Do,A Woman Can Do Much Better"

If you're a lady, try and go for presidential election and see if Most Nigerians won't see you as a New Fool In Town.

Now, Back to your second question .. ,that's why I said, You didn't get my point .. " I didn't say woman can't take guys out and pay the bills on a date maybe"

Buh I clearly stated that " Women Have Much Right In America etc "
They can do mostly all the things a man can do and do it better.
They're often Respected Like No Other!

Now listen : "A Woman can take a man out on a date and even pay the bills comfortably"

If all of a sudden , your gf takes you out in 9ja and she pays the bills and the public noticed it .. People will say " Lol .. See his sugar mummy .. Lmao.

Now, what's my point about woman?

Nigerians Are Bewitched by the African Tradition that existed some time ago as regards to Woman.

They never sent them to school , says they belong to the kitchen and other room.

It's cool that Development are now coming our way.. Buh some useless traditions which existed are yet to be erased.

From my own level of perception, I think Women are often given different Negative Views In Nigeria etc !

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Respect55(m): 12:11am On Jan 05, 2017
Xensity:
The woman forgot to mention these:

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to pay for you when you both go out, while you just eat and enjoy.

Because you are a woman, a man is not expected to hit you.

Because you are a woman, it's expected of men to do the physically challenging and strenuous jobs, while you do the easy ones.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to protect you like they were your bodyguards.

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to provide for you and take care of you, even if you can provide and take care of yourself.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to defy their natural programming, take medications, do exercises and practice hard, just to spend an inordinate amount of time pleasing you during sex.

I despise posts like this. The writer is painting a hyperbolic picture of what women experience while demonizing men in the process. She is also victimizing her gender in such a dishonest way, and making it seem like all she said is a true representation of how majority of men view or treat women in our present day.

And I find it quite funny that the minority of women who are actually facing subjugation, like the women in the Taliban, aren't the ones creating this kind of post, it's these trend seeking, brazilian hair-wearing, face-painting, dress-slaying, gadjet-flaunting opportunists that know nothing about their world, and who have it easier than their Nigerian male counterparts, that are the ones passionately championing feminism on social media.

All you feminist apologists should just shut the fuuuck up. There has never been a better time for women in the history of human civilization than now. The world is getting better for your female gender. Fuuucking remove the ideological blindfolds from your eyes and see.

Op, why don't you borrow a time machine and take your disingenuous thread to 18th century Nigeria. That's where it would make sense.

Bros ehn, if I were to be central bank, I wudnt mind doing business with u at exchange rate of #100 for 1 dollar. U get mouth abeg. Don't mind dem... Lazy attention seekers always playing the victim whereas in the actual sense, they are their problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Toks2008(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2017
cococandy:

So Nigerian women are bush women?

No you got it twisted...I mean no sane guy that is truly educated and civilized will see women the way she portrayed them only bush men see ladies that way.

BTW I have a terrible habit of checking the profile pics of ladies who quote me...are you the one in that pics?
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Damfostopper(m): 12:13am On Jan 05, 2017
Nonnsense

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 12:16am On Jan 05, 2017
lady2lady:
Try to get my point !
It wasn't written in any constitution neither did anyone stopped A Lady from taking a man out.

Speaking of , Based on experiences and what I mostly see around , Woman can't go for presidential election , even if they wana go, that would be #waste of time, Because most people will disregard that fact. While some will say something like :

Hah! , who is this woman? What does she know? What can she do ?

It's high time , we realized that "What A Man Can Do,A Woman Can Do Much Better"

If you're a lady, try and go for presidential election and see if Most Nigerians won't see you as a New Fool In Town.

Now, Back to your second question .. ,that's why I said, You didn't get my point .. " I didn't say woman can't take guys out and pay the bills on a date maybe"

Buh I clearly stated that " Women Have Much Right In America etc "
They can do mostly all the things a man can do and do it better.
They're often Respected Like No Other!

Now listen : "A Woman can take a man out on a date and even pay the bills comfortably"

If all of a sudden , your gf take you out in 9ja and she pays the bills and the public noticed it .. People will say " Lol .. See her sugar mummy .. Lmao.

Now, what's my point about woman?

Nigerians Are Bewitched by the African Tradition that existed some time ago as regards to Woman.

They never sent them to school , says they belong to the kitchen and other room.

It's cool that Development are now coming our way.. Buh some useless traditions which existed are yet to be erased.

From my own level of perception, I think Women are often given different Negative Views In Nigeria etc !

oh because of what people say? low self esteem if you ask me.

as long as there are no rules as to that what ever society says has no binding effect. the only problem is yourself.

each gender has its merit and demerit. do you know what we men go through? please spare us.

talking about American women Lolz. have you seen the divorce rate? people now have sex with dolls, people now commit suicide and suffer depression you know why? the traditional family structure gas been altered.

one day we shall get there, and then we will all lose. until then please work on yourself. last time I checked there are women in politics.

I really don't have time to say much.

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Respect55:

Bros ehn, if I were to be central bank, I wudnt mind doing business with u at exchange rate of #100 for 1 dollar. U get mouth abeg. Don't mind dem... Lazy attention seekers always playing the victim whereas in the actual sense, they are their problems.
Shut that thing you call mouth !
The Ladies Point was in coronation to " RIGHT "
And not to " MATERIALISTIC" things !! .. Mtchew
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Mcowubaba: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
because you are a woman nairaland beach party organisers asked you to pay less you did not complain.

fools.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

On topic, I solidly stand by my stance on Feminism and gender equality in Nigeria.
My stance is that most Nigerian Feminist or gender equality activists are obviously deluded in no small way.

I can't be equal with a girl that demands so much from me, how can u girls beg us for almost everything, then turn around to claim equality with us......

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
oh because of what people say? low self esteem if you ask me.

as long as there are no rules as to that what ever society says has no binding effect. the only problem is yourself.

each gender has its merit and demerit. do you know what we men go through? please spare us.

talking about American women Lolz. have you seen the divorce rate? people now have sex with dolls, people now commit suicide and suffer depression you know why? the traditional family structure gas been altered.

one day we shall get there, and then we will all lose. until then please work on yourself. last time I checked there are women in politics.

I really don't have time to say much.
oh plss, spare me that .. Who doesn't know women are in politics .. I transfixed my point to "presidential election"
Even in the Bible,God Said Men Go suffer tire .. So it's not a new thing ..
And that's why men mostly carry the burden in some affairs ..
For all I know , "Women are often disregarded"
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by sirfee(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2017
The true definition of a feminist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Wife Sleeps With My Boss / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.