Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Because I Am A Woman! - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because I Am A Woman! (44741 Views)

My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
MarieSucre:

What's my business with whether you have eaten or not? Is that how you just throw out irrelevant information? Who your food epp?
k
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
uzolexis:

ok.
all i'm saying is that the ideal thing we should fight for is equity not equality cos within genders pple are not equal talk less of across genders.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
VeeVeeMyLuv:
uzolexis:

ok.
all i'm saying is that the ideal thing we should fight for is equity not equality cos within genders pple are not equal talk less of across genders.
five star comment, the best on this thread

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Obason22(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
i dont drag Argument with females, if u realy want to no d dofferences betwen a male child and a female child then visit Ur dictionary or Better still Check any closes doctor and find out.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by rose54321: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Oh please, the only real reason any female suit fan ever likes Harvey is because he is drop dead, i notice how you tried to leave that part out so you wont look basic. If think i'm lying? replace Harvey's character with Loius and vice versa. also Harvey is nothing without Mike (he even admitted it to mike), Harvey has made soo much mistakes i don't even know how he made partner in that firm, it just has to be the looks and swagger (that guy has swag for days). Harvey only got by on his looks, even Zoloft knew this. if you talk about smart people on suit then Donna, Mike, Litt, Charles Forstman, then maybe zoloft and miss Gibbs. the rest are just alright.

Seriously, you must be freaking kidding me? Louis?
You sound very naive concluding that all "women" would like someone or something for the same reason. A very flawed argument, humans are distinct, our likes, dislikes and preferences.

That said, we all love what's pleasing to the eye, might be muscles for some, looks for others, curves, etc etc. Appearance matters, why do you think high end restaurants pay so much attention to food presentation, or manufacturers to the packaging, its all the same concept.

Harvey however is way more than his looks, trust me if he was dumb or just some boring football fan he would lose his appeal.
Louis has extremely low self esteem that's a major turn off in both guys and girls. He's emotional which is cute, but not a tad bit confident.
How can you say Harvey is nothing without Mike, for you info. Mike knows what he knows because of Harvey, its called grooming. Mike aint intelligent he just has a photographic memory, it takes way more than that to be a lawyer.

Ask yourself, what gives Harvey so much confidence? Long before Mike joined the Firm he had a reputation of being the best closer, as the professor put it " he can go any length to win". You can't be dumb and confident that just makes you a fool. When you are good and you know you are good you can afford to be confident.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 06, 2017
rose54321:

You sound very naive concluding that all "women" would like someone or something for the same reason. A very flawed argument, humans are distinct, our likes, dislikes and preferences.

well, believe it or not, you can like something and not even "FULLY" know why you like it, the brain is truly a fascninating masterpiece
from the way harvey walks, to how he places his hands in pocket to how he sits, they are very distinctive. He gives out this vibe that is really difficult to explain but it would be easy for people to see him as intelligent just from his body movements alone, let me give you an example: Suits S5 Episode 9 [16:05 to 16:50] havery and ross talking about Fletcher Engines. with every word he says there is this sort of movement he makes that people can't see through, i'm not saying harvey is dumb but if you've read some online forums about suits, harvey is described as an Everyday white american lawyer but he has swagger and is charming. his intelligence level is not top-tier like Mike.

How can you say Harvey is nothing without Mike, for you info. Mike knows what he knows because of Harvey, its called grooming. Mike aint intelligent he just has a photographic memory, it takes way more than that to be a lawyer.

just lol, mike isn't intelligent? lol i know you probably think intelligence is about understanding and stuff, but it's much more than that. tell me, what is the point of understanding anything if you can't recall it with memory? memory and logic is number1 factor taken into consideration when taking MENSA IQ test. if this where an engineering firm, mike will ace it (because memory), if it was an architectural firm, mike will ace (because memory). Granted, Harvey has more experience than mike. but when it comes to intelligence, Ross is the equivalent of Micheal scofield from prison break (and don't tell me scofield has been breaking out of prison all his life thats why he's so good. he also has Ross memory condition)

Ask yourself, what gives Harvey so much confidence? Long before Mike joined the Firm he had a reputation of being the best closer, as the professor put it " he can go any length to win". You can't be dumb and confident that just makes you a fool. When you are good and you know you are good you can afford to be confident.

the only reason Harvey was such a good closer is because he is a grinder, just like luis except without the emotional overload package.
and he can charm his way into most judges heart. but when it comes to logic and brain it's Ross.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2017
rose54321:

That said, we all love what's pleasing to the eye, might be muscles for some, looks for others, curves, etc etc. Appearance matters, why do you think high end restaurants pay so much attention to food presentation, or manufacturers to the packaging, its all the same concept.

Harvey however is way more than his looks, trust me if he was dumb or just some boring football fan he would lose his appeal.
Louis has extremely low self esteem that's a major turn off in both guys and girls. He's emotional which is cute, but not a tad bit confident.
How can you say Harvey is nothing without Mike, for you info. Mike knows what he knows because of Harvey, its called grooming. [b]Mike aint intelligent he just has a photographic memory,[/b]it takes way more than that to be a lawyer.

Wha shocked shocked Tha Bleep is that; Mike isn't intelligent ke? The dude has an eidatic memory which is a sign of high intelligence on its own. He is so good he can decide the score to get on a SAT test. The dude passed the bar without got to law school for Bleep sake!! angry

I guess you can say he's not savvy and his naviete and overprickly consience irritates you and limit him but to say he's not intelligent is fecking slander.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
SirWere:

Wha shocked shocked Tha Bleep is that; Mike isn't intelligent ke? The dude has an eidatic memory which is a sign of high intelligence on its own. He is so good he can decide the score to get on a SAT test. The dude passed the bar without got to law school for Bleep sake!! angry

I guess you can say he's not savvy and his naviete and overprickly consience irritates you and limit him but to say he's not intelligent is fecking slander.

An excellent memory has no correlation whatsoever, nor is it symptomatic of a high intellect.

FYI, Albert Einstein had a terrible memory. He didn't even know his formulas offhand and had to read them from a book. Whenever he – Einstein – boarded a bus he also had to write his destination on a paper because he tended to always forget it. You can confirm this if you think it's côck-and-bull.

Mike Ross is of borderline average intelligence, and Harvey Specter is more intelligent than him. Even Louis, if you look past his quirks, is more astute than Mike.

Intelligence is not the ability to belt out oodles of memorized facts, nor does having a photographic memory make one intelligent—a photographic memory which by the way is only a myth.

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by kerryjossy(f): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
I am proud to be a woman. I'm tough, i'm ambitious n i know exactly what i want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
DarkRebel101:

[b]An excellent memory has no correlation whatsoever, nor is it symptomatic of a high intellect.
I find this to be very dishonest. While it might be wrong to collude that all eidetic person[s] are intelligent, there has been a pattern of intelligent persons having very strong memories

FYI, Albert Einstein had a terrible memory. He didn't even know his formulas offhand and had to read them from a book. Whenever he – Einstein – boarded a bus he also had to write his destination on a paper because he tended to always forget it. You can confirm this if you think it's côck-and-bull.
You do realize Einstein was borderline intelligent, right

Mike Ross is of borderline average intelligence, and Harvey Specter is more intelligent than he is. Even Louis, if you look past his quirks, is more astute than Mike.[quote]
Now this is where the crap accumulates. How many years has harvey been a lawyer Louis too Mike is a stripling cub compared to them but you compare the two of them together?? You serious bruv undecided.
Even Harvey admitted that Mike was a "good kid" once somewhere; Louis alternated between being a dick and a pussy throughout the season. While this has no bearing to his "closing" skills, it is noteworthy that he wanted Mike to work for him throughout the series. Why, because he was a dullard abiundecided

Keep in mind Mike never actually went to law school

[quote]Intelligence is not the ability to belt out oodles of memorized facts, nor does having a photographic memory make one intelligent—a photographic memory which by the way is only a myth.
[/b]
I agree intelligence is not about remembering what "the Daily sun" said on page 51,Novemeber 1999 but having a strong memory does indicate "good" intelligence.

Oh; and people with a photographic memory exist, even though they are incredibly small. Developer of Game theory, John Neumann, is a prime example
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
SirWere:

I find this to be very dishonest. While it might be wrong to collude that all eidetic person[s] are intelligent, there has been a pattern of intelligent persons having very strong memories

You do realize Einstein was borderline intelligent, right

agree intelligence is not about remembering what "the Daily sun" said on page 51,Novemeber 1999 but having a strong memory does indicate "good" intelligence.

Oh; and people with a photographic memory exist, even though they are incredibly small. Developer of Game theory, John Neumann, is a prime example

You find an empirically tested fact that's been certified by experts in the fields of neuroscience and neuropsychology to be dishonest? Such hubris.

Having an excellent memory is not an indicator of high intellect, nor is it related in any way to a person's intelligence. Just because we have highly intelligent people with excellent memories doesn't mean it's a norm. Correlation is not the same as causation.

Why are you so adamant in your belief especially when you're only a tenderfoot in the subject?

FYI, Einstein had an IQ of 162 or thereabout --- same as Stephen Hawking. How is that a borderline average intelligence? You are talking applesauce, mister.

The persons rumoured to have eidetic memories turned out only to be master mnemonists---of which I am one. That or they have hyperthmesia, or synaesthesia like Solomon Shereshevsky. Those on the autism spectrum, like Kim Peek, also have something close to an eidetic memory due to their disorder(s). At the end of the day, it isn't really a photographic memory --- only something close.

John Von Neumann too doesn't have an eidetic memory.

Even Wikipedia lists Abubakar Shekau as among those believed to have an eidetic memory; so, does that make Shekau intelligent?

Photographic memory is a myth and has been proven not to exist by experts in the field of neuroscience. If you don't know that by now and still choose, despite after being corrected, to believe otherwise based on what you saw in some unrealistic TV drama, then I should leave you to continue to wallow in your folly.

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Fkforyou(m): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

You wouldn't want to be Mike Ross? Dude is a genius. He never went to law school but he is better than those Harvard graduates. I haven't watched past when he was arrested for fraud. He needs to go to law school to kill this torture he is subjecting his fiancee to. She is so scared of him being caught. It's gonna happen one way or another .

Louis: He is my favourite character . His facial expression is something else. He is a clown. Lol. Why he allows Harvey treat him the way he does ,beats me. For Christ sake, they are both on the same organizational hierarchy. He thinks so much of Harvey's opinion of him and tries to win his approval all the time.

Jessica - To me, her character isn't exceptional. Just there. Being one of the most successful black lawyers in New York is an achievement so I understand why you would rather be her.

Harvey- The guy who wanna be me.Lol. On a serious note, dude is good at what he does. He is confident not arrogant. Confident people tend to show a little bit of arrogance when their competence is questioned. My immediate boss is like Harvey, people dislike his person but they love his output. What else matters in the corporate world?

Good to know that there are[b]" suits" addict[/b] here on Nairaland. grin

We are many here, I think there's a thread for it. From you post it seems you still in season 5, they now in season 6 and also currently on mid season break, the show would continue Jan 27th.

Trust me, Suits is one series I can never get tired of.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by HarveySpecter1: 12:13am On Jan 07, 2017
Fkforyou:

We are many here, I think there's a thread for it. From you post it seems you still in season 5, they now in season 6 and also currently on mid season break, the show would continue Jan 27th.

Trust me, Suits is one series I can never get tired of.

To me , it's one of the best series there is . I have just started watching season 6.

Any link to the thread on " suits"?
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Tabbaz(m): 4:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by bukatyne(f): 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
AngelsAndStars:
I know. my message is channeled at the male. the female can rant for all I care no wahala.

funny thing is when you meet them real life they drop all their feminist bullsh\ts.and we own them.

there!s this girl on my facebook posting all sort of pictures and comments like, we don't need sicker, we cray, we slay, bla bla bla. met her last week in a cool bar, she saw package, I give her trips. she just behave normal. smooched her in public sef French kiss her well. I owned her and I can do more if I wish.

next day she went back to roar on facebook, well, I just keep giving her my likes. these girls are lions online but when you meet then they are puppies.

my comments are meant to educate young guys. thanks man

I am trying to correlate the girl's posts to you 'owning' her.

Except she out rightly said she hates men, I don't see how she acted differently from what she believes in.

Except it is rape, I believe that both parties consent verbally and otherwise to the act.

Maybe your 'packaging' tripped her and she wanted you to do those things to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.