Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Because I Am A Woman! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because I Am A Woman! (44740 Views)

My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
ianSweet:

Mtcheew. Must everyone comment?
Some people just cannot withstand reality.
the person you quoted. did he say something wrong?

10 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by basilo102: 11:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
you get into an argument, you slap him, he beat you mercilessly, how about that??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
ianSweet:

Mtcheew. Must everyone comment?
Some people just cannot withstand reality.

You can always change your gender if you are not happy. Its now allowed.

8 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Rick9(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
Feminists or no feminists she raised some valid points

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
cococandy:
100 percent correct

I know you would jump in. Especially You.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
PaperLace:

What's the comparison there?
Understanding is deep sha sad
Women wants to be compared with men, thats the fact, some women are evil thats why they are not given enough platform to show it

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Toks2008(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Xensity:
The woman forgot to mention these:

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to pay for you when you both go out, while you just eat and enjoy.

Because you are a woman, a man is not expected to hit you.

Because you are a woman, it's expected of men to do the physically challenging and strenuous jobs, while you do the easy ones.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to protect you like they were your bodyguards.

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to provide for you and take care of you, even if you can provide and take care of yourself.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to defy their natural programming, take medications, do exercises and practice hard, just to spend an inordinate amount of time pleasing you during sex.

I despise posts like this. The writer is painting a hyperbolic picture of what women experience while demonizing men in the process. She is also victimizing her gender in such a dishonest way, and making it seem like all she said is a true representation of how majority of men view or treat women in our present day.

All you feminist apologists should just shut the fuuuck up. There has never been a better time for women in the history of human civilization than now. The world is getting better for your female gender. Fuuucking remove the ideological blindfolds from your eyes and see.

Why don't you borrow a time machine and take your disingenuous thread to the 18th century. That's where it would make sense.

Hmmm..you make so much sense..

Very insightful. As I wrote...all she wrote applies to women in the uncivilized world but in the present civilized society it's a misrepresentation.

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by teamv: 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
you cant eat your cake and have it girls its a mans world and can never be changed no matter what you say

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Mruwa: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
cheesy grin na true talk sha sorry ladies notin u can do to change the story the other way round
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2017
obataokenwa:
I don't see her comparing with men... she's just trying to make us understand that women are to be respected and also prone to faults and mistakes. they deserve forgiveness also cos they're not Angels as we want them to be.
women are to be respected you say,then what about men,they should be trampled on abi......preach respect to both genders not only the female....each gender should respect the other...period

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Doctorfitz: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Come this gender card didn't work in America it won't work in Nigeria..... U know wetin men dey pass through for una hand?, Buh u don't c us crying over it...

Abeg this gender crap Is stale. Respect urself every other person will.

And .......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by kidakuz: 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
bcus I am a man I am the head of the family you can only work to support me bcuz you are a woman...................stress of being a..... bcuz know body pays me salary

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
Xensity:
The woman forgot to mention these:

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to pay for you when you both go out, while you just eat and enjoy.

Because you are a woman, a man is not expected to hit you.

Because you are a woman, it's expected of men to do the physically challenging and strenuous jobs, while you do the easy ones.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to protect you like they were your bodyguards.

Because you are a woman, a man is expected to provide for you and take care of you, even if you can provide and take care of yourself.

Because you are a woman, men are expected to defy their natural programming, take medications, do exercises and practice hard, just to spend an inordinate amount of time pleasing you during sex.

I despise posts like this. The writer is painting a hyperbolic picture of what women experience while demonizing men in the process. She is also victimizing her gender in such a dishonest way, and making it seem like all she said is a true representation of how majority of men view or treat women in our present day.

All you feminist apologists should just shut the fuuuck up. There has never been a better time for women in the history of human civilization than now. The world is getting better for your female gender. Fuuucking remove the ideological blindfolds from your eyes and see.

Why don't you borrow a time machine and take your disingenuous thread to the 18th century. That's where it would make sense.
we are expected to shower gifts, kneel to propose(preferably publicly which is disgusting if you ask me), we are expected to go to battle fields and protect borders, etc
every gender has merits and demerits. things are changing unlike the old so what the hell are they talking.
nice point brother

8 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Origin(f): 11:31pm On Jan 04, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
This might be true, but in Nigeria here and right under our noses, many "successful" ladies of nowadays are actually runs girls.

Don't get me wrong, we have the likes of Okonjo, Ezekwesili, Amina, etc etc, but the younger ones now mix hustling and runs together. Every way na way to them. No dignity. No self respect.

If you cannot say the same of many successful young men as run boys. Then the OP was right. Stop the hypocrisy. And stop generalizing most successful women work hard.

5 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
Zceesneh:
Women wants to be compared with men, thats the fact, some women are evil that's why they are not given enough platform to show it
No one wants to be compared to a man.
Most women just want to be seen as human too_ stop having ideas in your head.

Humans are evil. It's not gender specific...

5 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by michaelismenten: 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
lawrenzi:
If you get into an argument with a man and he slaps you, leave him and never come back into his life. why on earth would a man slap a woman? what kind of man is that? Can you slap a man? If you are wrong in a relationship apologize and don't get things complicated for yourself. Never underestimate the place of ' i am sorry" in your relationship. As a human being, you have a right to be angry, even animals too get angry at some point. Ask my friend Victor Ladi Arantes what his dog did to him. If your husband cheats on you and you are not ok with it, it is advisable you talk to him about it or better still walk away from his life. No body at this stage should tolerate a cheating partner. Even these days women are also guilty of cheating as men too, just that they are more careful with it. you should slim down(for yourself), dress better(for yourself), cook better(for yourself), pray harder(for yourself) and be more pleasant to him(maybe for him), if that is what is required to make your family fabulous why not do it? in as much as he does what you also want. As a human being You should not depend on one partner for all emotional needs, you just have to be careful with the kinds of need you get outside your partner. If at 28 you run a company and you are happy with it, why care about what people are saying, it's your life to live and not their's. After all marriage does not determine a successful life. As a woman you have a right to be successful, rich, be happy and be treated with respect without a man. The truth is that there are ladies who work hard to get their money without the help of any man and there are generous leg opener who got their money through runs or opening legs. It's their life. A man loses his wife after year and remarries, dear it's his choice and a woman remarries after four years, it's his choice too. different strokes for different folks. This post is not controversial because you are a woman, it is controversial because a lot of women are building their reality on some one else's foundation. i am sure this post was copied and this does not apply to you. A lot of ladies have lost happiness because they are trying to act the script written by someone else. Why not write your own script and act it

U just nailed it. I think this is the best comment I'm reading on nairaland this year so far

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by obataokenwa(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
kevinberry:
women are to be respected you say,then what about men,they should be trampled on abi......preach respect to both genders not only the female....each gender should respect the other...period
She's talking about women and she never said men don't deserve respect. you're already angry. for what really?

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
Wetin dis one dey talk def. Mtcheeew undecided
johnson232:
I am a woman!!! I am a woman.... lolzz
na man u be before?
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by pennytrate: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
♣ • → because y'all are the only ones capable of being alive after bleeding for 3days undecided °°
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by seggzz(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....

Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.

So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age.

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.
I'm really surprised at what women do say about the inequality in our society today. I can list over hundred ways where women or females are more favoured than men. Is it until you turn men to slaves before you realised you're favoured? check the following few samples...

(1) Women or females are gainfully employed than makes... Check the rate of unemployment in Nigeria. You would discovered that male unemployment rate is higher.

(2) women like themselves than man like themselves... I had discussion with someone, I told him that when you slap a female, it is your fellow male that would fight you or slap you without knowing who is at fault.

(3) With current recession in Nigeria, I would say it affects mostly the males. It is in this country we see a female working in oil company but the man working as a roadside mechanic. This man pays his children school fees, house rents, pay millions for bride price and others. She would even ask the poor man to give her pocket money. Females are taking over the juicy jobs and yet not satisfied.

(4) Women raping men, who can tell me punishment for raping men in Nigeria? We can't hear of this.

The society we have now favours women more than men. What I see in this your write-up is inequality but this is not 100% true.

10 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by obataokenwa(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2017
SonsOfLiverpool:
we are expected to shower gifts, kneel to propose(preferably publicly which is disgusting if you ask me), we are expected to go to battle fields and protect borders, etc
every gender has merits and demerits. things are changing unlike the old so what the hell are they talking.
nice point brother
You guys are derailing the major point she raised. She never disrespected men, she just want respect for the women also cos they're not Angels that are not prone to faults. Even in the Old Testament, Angels that came down those days pregnanted women and they gave birth to giants cos the temptation was much on them

8 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Omeny: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
MrsMurphy:
This is the true definition of what mainly African women go through

Do u want to be a man?

Come on, where did this generation women got this madness from?

Our women has collected everything from us yet not satisfied.

What do they really want for God sake?

3 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Okikioluwa27(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:
But it has to stop
ok
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Odkosh: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2017
elitejosef:

But it has to stop
Come stop am na.....

Abeg in other news, An Afonja just ended chelsea winning streak. grin

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Because you are a woman , u shouldn't have COMMON SENSE again....??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Abbeytoy(m): 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
As much as this make sense, you are still a woman. Cos that's how God want it to be... I feel your pain but Pele grin grin

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AfroKnight: 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2017
Simplistic and merely emotional. The last paragraph is actually nonsense. You cannot say we will try to correct you just because of your gender. That is sentimental nonsense at best.

If this originated from a woman who has been hurt and abused before, then this defeatist composition is the worst way to address it.

It is beautiful but still rubbish. No one has time to hate on you because you're a woman.

5 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2017
because you are a woman nairaland beach party organisers asked you to pay less you did not complain.

fools.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Sunglow: 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
Cullinane:
When all these Femi-nazis reach 35 now never marry, dem go run reach Shiloh dey scream..."I am not a woman". Mtschewww sad
oh please just shut up!

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2017
because you are a woman, we pay bride price and buy engagement ring and kneel for you. you no complain.

fools

9 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
PaperLace:

No one wants to be compared to a man.
Most women just want to be seen as human too_ stop having ideas in your head.

Humans are evil. It's not gender specific...
they want to be compared with men, eve was a woman, adam never disobeyed God on his own, eve was to be blamed, thats why God said eve will be under adam, women are meant to be controlled

4 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by ahamonyeka(m): 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2017
You remind me of one of dolly parton's lyrics.just because I am a woman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Mother Of Nine Who Is Not A Fan Of Family Planning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.