Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,367 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Because I Am A Woman! - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Because I Am A Woman! (44739 Views)

My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / My Husband Not Talking To Me, Because I Gave A Man Wrong Number / ‘Family Cut Me Off Because I Married A Woman On Wheelchair’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MarieSucre(f): 12:35pm On Jan 05, 2017
porozhniy:
You have shown you lack a basic understanding if who the Taliban are or what they stand for.
Fact is, most of the people killed thus far are men & boys fighting as child soldiers.
In some cases, these men & boys fight with virtually nothing to protect their women, children & freedom.
So for every woman & child enslaved by the taliban, hundreds of men died fighting to protect them & hundred are still dieing to free them.

Last time I checked, Kurdish women were fighting Isis in Syria while about 43 Afgan women are gearing up to join the fight against Taliban.

So Mariesucre, since u're obviously concerned about the plight of the oppressed Afgan woman, when are you joining the fight to end their oppression?

Hahahaha It's important to know the context of a discussion before jumping in to spew rubbish making one look like a fool.

As you can see my comment is in regards to him saying that "Nigerian women don't have a problem compared to Afghanistan women". So I told him that since the problem of Afghan women were men. He should go and talk to his fellow men.

NOW TO YOUR POINTS.

1) My point is not what Taliban stands for or who they kill. My point is the systematic oppression of their female populace. If men are killed in wars started by other men, how is that the fault of women. You talk as if these men are doing the women a favour.

2) For every woman enslave by some men, hundreds of men are dying and fighting for them. It seems to me that the women are not the problem. I'm sure they'd rather not be at war at all or need saving if men could just stop fighting.

Now let me hit you with some facts: These happened in the time of peace sef

1) AFGHAN WOMEN ARE USUALLY MARRIED OFF AS EARLY AS 8 OR 9 YEARS OLD TO MEN THAT ARE AT LEAST TWICE THEIR AGE.

2) WOMEN ARE USED AS A FORM OF PAYMENT BETWEEN MEN IN THE FAMILY E.G IF I OWE YOU SOME DEBT I CAN PAY WITH MY DAUGHTER.

THEY ARE ALSO USED TO SETTLE GRIEVANCES BETWEEN FAMILIES. E.G YOU KILLED ONE OF MY SONS, HERE IS MY DAUGHTER AS WIFE FOR YOU.

3) WOMEN HAVE ACID POURED ON THEIR FACES BY MALE RELATIVES OR MEN THEY REBUFFED. SOMETIMES THEY HAVE THEIR NOSE CUT OFF.
Check the cover one of Times magazine. Just Google it.

4) A WOMAN CAN BE KILLED BY HER MALE RELATIVES IF SHE IS DEEMED TO HAVE SOILED THE FAMILY HONOUR. E.G TALKING TO STRANGE MEN.

5)TERRORIST EXCLUSIVELY TARGETS FEMALE SCHOOLS FOR SUICIDE BOMBING. IT WAS ESTIMATED IN 2013 THAT 229 FEMALE TEACHERS DIED IN DRIVE BY SHOOTINGS AND OTHER FORMS OF TARGETED ASSASSINATIONS.

Do you even know why Kurdish women are fighting? Isis invaded their homelands and took a lot of women as sexual slave. They believe that they as believing MEN are entitled to infidel WOMEN as slaves to their sexual needs and then they killed their father's and brothers.

-Do you not see the problem or are you being willfully ignorant?

In your last paragraph let me get something straight.

MEN CREATE AN OPPRESSIVE SYSTEM FOR THESE WOMEN BUT WOMEN SHOULD GO AND FIX IT?

My friend you are not serious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Matoni: 12:43pm On Jan 05, 2017
But a woman contested in the Last presidential election.

lady2lady:
It's in Nigeria or Africa we see such things , no regard for Woman and they're always disregarded in all things.

It's Only in America and all the rest of them , Woman are Respected.
They have equal rights etc

It's only in abroad that you'll see a Woman Take a Man out and Pay the Bills.

It's Only in Abroad that you will see Woman contest for presidential Elections. But Here In Nigeria , We're often told we know nothing and can't rule.

#God Help Us
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by bukatyne(f): 12:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
Toks2008:

You got it twisted once again...I remember reiterating that I give realistic opinion so YES they are MY realistic opinion which should never be juxtaposed to my persona.

For instance I have never cheated on my ex of many years but does that mean guys don't cheat or should that make me start deceiving ladies guys are faithful?

Let me state emphatically that I am a thorough breed in terms of sexual decency,respect for women and believe it or not, im the type of man ladies will fast and pray to have but when it comes to writing stuffs...I will rather stick to reality rather than fictions.

@Hmmm....

Interesting!

Don't you think if you post reflecting your 'real' self, some people might learn from them.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MarieSucre(f): 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
seggzz:

(1) Since there is no law against women raping men, it shows that your gender is favoured.

(2) No law is against women for being voted for. Women hardly contest for politics in Nigeria, does this show any form of inequality here?

(3) Check the military and other life threatening Jobs sector in Nigeria,they are mostly occupy by male. Do you know the reasons for this? one of the reasons is that you hardly see female applying for such job. And even if you see any of them in such sector, they are usually given the juicy and less threatening posts just because of 'she is a woman'. Banks do employ females singles than men even in Nigeria.

(4)Can threads opening on bride price make you pay your husband or boyfriend family groom price? Is it not still inequality? Who is benefiting more here?

(5) Taking care of children is natural law and not society inequality. It is one of the natural things that makes you a woman. Of what use is your breasts and other of your organ if not for a natural purpose. Men do care for their children as well...

1) How is that the fault of women? The House of Assembly is 97.8 male, should you not be lobbying them about this injustice they are perpetrating against themselves instead of trying to shut anonymous women up online.

2)I never said that. Are you just pulling stuff out of your ass.

3)Because biologically men have what is called "upper body strength", which is essential for this job. It's just like asking me to go and join the Navy when I cannot swim. How do you think that will turn out? At least swimming is a skill that can be learned. Upper-Body strength is an evolutionary trait that cannot learned anymore than men can grow wombs. Even at that a lot of women are now joing the Nigerian Army, which is a good thing.
-A lot of women are employed in low level jobs in the bank. Alot of them don't make it to CEO.

4)Then if a thread will not work what will work? Why don't the young men complain to the father's, uncles, chiefs, elders, heads of community, Eze's, Alaafins, Obas etc Every single custodian of tradition and culture, every single person who can make any significant change is a MAN. Why are you online replying to me instead of doing this? What can one woman do? I don't even have a say in my own family. You know what do. Do it.

Who benefits from it? Did you really ask this question? Who collects the bride price? When the father is dead who is allowed to collect the bride price? Even when the father is a dead-beat absentee, he is still called back to collect it. So please don't give me that crap about women benefiting for shit wey dem no dey see collect sef. Something her husband will later use over her as "ownership".

5) This is true not a problem, a woman's body is built to birth a child and feed it for the first 2 years. That's all biology says. But are you saying a man's scrotum is just to hold sperm for 4 days and that's all a man is good for in this life?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by bukatyne(f): 12:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
JuneOctober:
One thing I know is that respect has to come from both sides to make things work out. Some ladies don't have respect and the crave for respect. Also the men as well. Who go give you respect wey you no get?
Everyone deserves to be respected, Even kids gan sef. wink

A married couple once came to iron out their differences in our home sometimes back. My mom decided to settle their dispute after the man complained his wife was about sending him to his grave with her attitude. We all knew the man to be over gentle. They sat outside to talk. Not less than five mins later, the lady had started raising her voice. It got to a time that she started shouting "shut up! Keep shut! I will beat you". I could hear them from our parlour. The next time I heard was GBOOAA. It was as if a couple of bricks fell in our compound. Alas, it was the woman that slapped her husband. The man even fell from his seat. cheesy

And this are the kind of people looking for respect up and down. I even wished the man had given her a thunderous deafening aka nti (slap) but he didn't. Such disrespect! That's why when men see women shouting for gender equality, they will be like ' undecided STFU' because some men know what their wives and gfs can do. grin

The men are not free oo. Some disrespect their wives and other women around them and still be daydreaming about earning respect like one kabiyesi. If I start to type stories, my hand go break. Imagine one, beating his wife and his wife's sister like kindergarten kids at the slightest mistake. I can't respect such individuals. Some men melt out unfair treatment to females cos they are 'WOMEN' and what can they do?

Bottom line, Everyone wants respect but how many of them have the respect they want from others?!
If you want so much respect, have so much respect. Don't be fantasizing about one man that will be kneeling down for you when you don't give him respect, don't be fantasizing about a woman that will be kissing your feet if you don't have respect.

Beautiful!
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2017
AfonjasMustDie:

No, not because you're a famale

It's because you're dumb as Buhari
wetin dis one talk sef, Mtcheeew mumu
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by wizard007(m): 1:02pm On Jan 05, 2017
Estharfabian:
So, we're talking Anatomy.
I have Boobs, You don't.
I've got Vagina, You don't.
High levels of oestrogen, you don't sweetie.
Progesterone...
A Uterus. You don't.
great Ass, You don't.
So, Let's see. I have all these things That you don't. Isn't it fair enough to say we ain't even equal? that I am in fact way Superior than you'd ever be. that I own you. smiley
Like seriously, dude, I Own you..grin

What is this one saying? You don't even know me or seen me before and you are concluding you've got great ass and I don't, for the record you might be going about with a clapperboard derrière, I know you've got big boobs which you still probably flaunt to attract who? Still the same men, but hey girl I've got breast too I just don't have to flaunt it to attract anyone.

Your taking pride in Vagina, that's like the easiest thing to buy/rent in this world despite the recession Womanliness is still cheap as fvck.

I don't even want to argue with you too much on this cos you've probably not even be with a man before, but saying you own me shows how much of a control freak and despotic creature your specie is, I bet even if you are given the so call same rights you will always strive for more.

...You made sense a little here.

I don't need you to acknowledge whether I did or not, the part you cancelled is actually the biggest sense I made there, stop fighting a lost battle, ever heard of predestination? That's how men came to be superior

Well, You've not seen all the women in the world, have you?

I never said all women, so what are you even asking me? This girl sef

look, No one is disputing the fact that People want a family. which comprises, the woman, the man, the children. so, I don't really see Your point here.

Exactly! Both of them lead. they're their own Boss. smiley
they compliment each other!

There is heirachy in leadership, Boss get level, we all know there wouldn't have been the word queen if there is no King.

Lol. grin

well, whatever makes You sleep at night birdie. grin
Women are no lesser beings than You BOYS. That's what the Fight's about. what's good for the goose should also be too for the gander.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by rose54321: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Harvey Specter is just like me though we are in different professional fields. Lol.

The only difference is that Jessica Pearson loves his bullshit but my own boss doesn't but he can't do without me, at least now.

Btw, replace arrogant with confident.

If it's true, it's isn't boasting - Harvey Specter.

Which one are you? Louis Litt or Mike Ross?

Definitely not Louis, I feel for him though, Harvey is always so harsh on him. The guy to me is just too emotional, probably has some self esteem issues.
It's like whatever he does no matter the intentions always messes things up.

I love Harvey (first of he's intelligent; I love smart people. his work ethics, unorthodox ways of handling issues and most importantly his loyalty to people he cares about), It's good to be good and know you are good but there's also the pride or arrogance and self centered-ness

There's always a very slim line between over confidence and pride.

As a lady I'll rather be Jessica, she's a badass. One important attribute is knowing when to draw the line between sentiments and business. She does it so effortlessly.

It's a wonderful show, best after GOT. Currently on season 5.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
Big bros, abeg leave story. You were used and dumped like a roadside trashundecided. Why else would take your frustrations on women thread after thread or is there something I am missing?

Man up by accepting that you have a serious problem then we can both look for a way out for yousmiley

Ciao!
Toks2008:

You see why ladies like you will forever be dumb.

Any lady who allows a man to screw her just once and latter leaves the man to say she used and dumped him should just start mourning the death of her dignity.

Only a lady with a LovePeddler mindset will say she used and dumped a man so for you to write this confirms my ascertion...you are either a LovePeddler or has the potential to be one...GOD have mercy on you.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Toks2008(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
bukatyne:

@Hmmm....

Interesting!

Don't you think if you post reflecting your 'real' self, some people might learn from them.

Pastors preach everyday but does that stop fornication and adultery?

Sometimes it's better we say it as it is...

BTW I also have threads that centered on how to live a decent life but haters will be haters...people will see what they want to see...the bottom line is that reality is better than fiction and I will rather be a realist rather than be an optimist or persimist..
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MarieSucre(f): 1:12pm On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
actually I think it does. people just go online to say stupid things. young guys can see these things and feel they are true.

this gender bullsh\t is not getting past me. anytime I see an argument of such I attack.

thanks anyway

Clap for yourself. You are making a real change arguing with anonymous people online compared to those who are on ground fighting for actual rights. Smh
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by wizard007(m): 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
naijaboiy:

Oh baby! I'm sorry you think it's hogwash but I cannot be held responsible for your inability to see it as it is. grin

I can't believe you think your argument actually held water. I was only using your logic to give it back to you.

And how did I tag those people as lesser beings hunnay? It's the same way you think low of paedophiles and rapists et all, that's how we guys think low of prostitutes and baby mamas.[b] And even if you wanted to be superior you can't be generally superior to men, maybe to your gateman and gardener at home
. grin

You really played yourself. gringringrin[/b]

Exactly what I was trying to tell her, Estherfabian hurray! You've finally found someone who spelt it out for you kid.

And whenever you have that gateman or Gardner better be you footing the bills and not your husband.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by wizard007(m): 1:16pm On Jan 05, 2017
naijaboiy:

Oh baby! I'm sorry you think it's hogwash but I cannot be held responsible for your inability to see it as it is. grin

I can't believe you think your argument actually held water. I was only using your logic to give it back to you.

And how did I tag those people as lesser beings hunnay? It's the same way you think low of paedophiles and rapists et all, that's how we guys think low of prostitutes and baby mamas.[b] And even if you wanted to be superior you can't be generally superior to men, maybe to your gateman and gardener at home
grin

You really played yourself. gringringrin[/b]

Exactly what I was trying to tell her, Estherfabian hurray! You've finally found someone who spelt it out for you kid.

And whenever you have that gateman or Gardner better be you footing the bills and not your husband.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Galaxie: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
Ok
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
MarieSucre:

Clap for yourself. You are making a real change arguing with anonymous people online compared to those who are on ground fighting for actual rights. Smh
I just had a good meal. ain't got no time to argue with you baby. I need rest.
bye
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
naijaboiy:

Lool...I've been around o, but with an alternate. The mods dealt my moniker a two weeks break which began 22nd last month. I just got released last night.

Good to have you around. Keep giving us wahala you hear. gringrin

Oh, these yeye mods. grin
You must've really struck a nerve. I trust you.

LoL. You know nah. there's no other reason I login to nairaland nah. looking for trouble is Good business. grin

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by HarveySpecter1: 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
rose54321:

Definitely not Louis, I feel for him though, Harvey is always so harsh on him. The guy to me is just too emotional, probably has some self esteem issues.
It's like whatever he does no matter the intentions always messes things up.

I love Harvey (first of he's intelligent; I love smart people. his work ethics, unorthodox ways of handling issues and most importantly his loyalty to people he cares about), It's good to be good and know you are good but there's also the pride or arrogance and self centered-ness

There's always a very slim line between over confidence and pride.

As a lady I'll rather be Jessica, she's a badass. One important attribute is knowing when to draw the line between sentiments and business. She does it so effortlessly.

It's a wonderful show, best after GOT. Currently on season 5.

You wouldn't want to be Mike Ross? Dude is a genius. He never went to law school but he is better than those Harvard graduates. I haven't watched past when he was arrested for fraud. He needs to go to law school to kill this torture he is subjecting his fiancee to. She is so scared of him being caught. It's gonna happen one way or another .

Louis: He is my favourite character . His facial expression is something else. He is a clown. Lol. Why he allows Harvey treat him the way he does ,beats me. For Christ sake, they are both on the same organizational hierarchy. He thinks so much of Harvey's opinion of him and tries to win his approval all the time.

Jessica - To me, her character isn't exceptional. Just there. Being one of the most successful black lawyers in New York is an achievement so I understand why you would rather be her.

Harvey- The guy who wanna be me.Lol. On a serious note, dude is good at what he does. He is confident not arrogant. Confident people tend to show a little bit of arrogance when their competence is questioned. My immediate boss is like Harvey, people dislike his person but they love his output. What else matters in the corporate world?

Good to know that there are " suits" addict here on Nairaland. grin
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Mznaett: 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
Edipee:
My Babe will love this, Mznaett.

Lol..u wan hear my mouth bah? Ok,I came across this post few weeks ago...
Truth is: Treat others the way you would want to be treated.. Since we're all humans
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by bukatyne(f): 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
elitejosef:
#copied#

I AM A WOMAN!!! -

So what?

Nothing

elitejosef:
I get into an argument with a man, he slaps me, I feel the pain, yet they tell me I provoked him. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

I get into an argument with a man, I slap him, they tell me I have no respect, no home training. I should have been quiet, I should have been patient. I should apologize to him.

Depends on the people around you. Some people would want to know what happened and not just demand you apologize because you are a woman

elitejosef:
Because I am a woman, I don't have a right to be angry. So, the degree of my innocence is directly proportional to the degree of my silence in the face of oppression and brutality.....
Same as above... depends on the environment.

elitejosef:
Because I am a woman, my husband cheats on me, I am told to tolerate it to save my marriage. The barbaric and stupid excuse is that ''it is in their nature to cheat, I should slim down, dress better, cook better, pray harder and be more pleasant to him"

I cheat, and I am called a LovePeddler, I have committed an abomination, I have no right to look elsewhere for the love and emotional support I lack at home, I am an irresponsible mother.
So I am sent packing, from the home we both built, with all my earthly possessions stuffed into a tiny box on my head. I am henceforth forbidden from seeing my two older children, I'm lucky to be allowed to go with my little one still suckling on my left breast. Three years later, the little one is tagged a bastard. Now, my new name is "after-three", because I am a woman.

The sole decision to remain in a cheating marriage is yours....

People are nicknamed according to their circumstances.... it's yours to accept or reject. As for the home, you can fight legally if you have prove you both built the home.

elitejosef:
He is 28 and runs a company. He's tagged wonderful, hardworking, focused, career oriented, successful at a very young age

I am 28 and I run a company " Hmmmm, she is not even married, unserious, can not order her priorities right, a hustler, loves money, let her go and get a husband oh"
And I wonder if being successful has anything to do with a person's gender.

We now have young women doing well for themselves... Kunbi had April before marriage, etc. Also, people of marriageable age esp. when successful are pressured to get married.

Also, it is believed a husband should be richer/better than the wife so when a woman is going very very well at a certain age, her family might be worried about her marriage prospects. (This also depends on her social status); DJ Cuppy at 30 might not lack suitors; a rich Titi in the village might.

Now a woman who has means should be able to position herself to get desired suitors if she is so inclined.

elitejosef:
Because I am a woman,
I am not allowed to have wits or be a prodigy, I cannot be financially buoyant, professionally successful or be treated with respect without a man beside me.

Then I am tagged a generous leg opener, "a runs girl". They never see the possibility that I actually had to go through ups and downs to get to where I am.
Because I am a woman.

Forget all the 'go and marry' people whine here... Queen Elizabeth wasn't married; Genevieve, Rita Dominic, etc are very respected and have influences men with 7 children can never dream of. Oprah Winfrey is another woman with a lot of influence.

If you carry yourself well and with respect, your martial status will no longer matter; If you are 'single' and fucki.ng around, please get married

elitejosef:
A man looses his wife to death and remarries a year after, he did the right thing, he's being praised and congratulated for moving on, afterall life is for the living.

A woman looses her husband to death and remarries after 4yrs, "ahhh! so early? Are u sure she wasn't sleeping with that man even when her husband was alive? That was why she killed her husband. She's a witch! " Because she's a woman.

Who stops a woman from re-marrying? Perhaps the man's will and some of the women have men who warm their beds.

elitejosef:
Because I am a woman, this post will be considered controversial, and everyone will try to correct me.
But don't forget, that I am a woman and it does not make me less human!!! Happy new year.

My thoughts:

The 'inequality' we women experience are more of mental which can be overcome if you are married to the right husband. All the a woman can't be president; a woman can't do XYZ is largely dependent on who born you and who you marry grin

Again, if a woman is willing to look beyond what the phantom society says, live her life as she deems fit & willing to bear the consequences (no society will bear the consequences with you even if you what they say) she will be better for it.

And I interestingly don't think American women have it any better. Don't get me wrong, they have all the right 'laws' in theory like we do (if we dig deep in our constitution) however, people believing or doing them is something else.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by bukatyne(f): 1:46pm On Jan 05, 2017
Toks2008:

Pastors preach everyday but does that stop fornication and adultery?

Sometimes it's better we say it as it is...

BTW I also have threads that centered on how to live a decent life but haters will be haters...people will see what they want to see...the bottom line is that reality is better than fiction and I will rather be a realist rather than be an optimist or persimist..

Ok o.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by HarveySpecter1: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Estharfabian:
So, we're talking Anatomy.
I have Boobs, You don't.
I've got Vagina, You don't.
High levels of oestrogen, you don't sweetie.
Progesterone...
A Uterus. You don't.
great Ass, You don't.
So, Let's see. I have all these things That you don't. Ij

Lol. .

Wow. I never thought I would see a girl spew this in this era. What has your a$$, booty,vaglna and your menses got to do with the development of the world. You see why most girls who think like you are regarded as "cum basket".

For those who say there are limits to what a woman can achieve, you have it here. How can this one achieve anything when she would rather use her "perishables" than use her brain. In the bedroom, you can achieve a lot but when the " cum is cast", you are shlt

Let me come down to your level, a dlck beats all that . grin

Let me cc the defenders of universe.
Bukatyne
Cococandy
Op

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Zane2point4(m): 1:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
MarieSucre:

So she's painting it like majority of men of view women like this??

So its not a majority of men that view women like this? Hmmmnnnn

You're right that women have it better. But did they just magically have it better?? Some people had to fight to for these rights that make the plight of women of this century "better".

Instead of trying to shut her up, why not join the fight? Afterall you agree that some "minority of men" are like this. You would do a lot of good talking to them man-to-man.

And the women under Taliban are being oppressed by men. This is not a fight between feminist and Taliban men but between Men and Men.

Pls I urge you to stand up to the Taliban. They are MEN like you, they would understand your language better than some physically weak, financially dependant, INFERIOR women. Thanks.

Go to afghanistan and struggle with taliban with succide belts on activated mode?
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

Wow. I never thought I would see a girl spew this in this era. What has your a$$, booty,vaglna and your menses got to do with the development of the world. You see why most girls who think like you are regarded as "cum basket".

For those who say there are limits to what a woman can achieve, you have it here. How can this one achieve anything when she would rather use her "perishables" than use her brain.

Let me come down to your level, a dlck beats all that . grin

Let me cc the defenders of universe.
Bukatyne
Cococandy
Op

Please, Stfu. and Quote the full gist.
He said I've got Fewer ribs than He does. Which makes me automatically beneath him. Having fewer ribs is obviously Yardstick for superiority in his Dictionary.

You're beating a dead horse.grin
Go play with your diick or something.

2 Likes

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
if there were no Biro there'd be nothing for me to write,

if there were no phone there'd be no need to chat you.

if there were no planes there'd be no need for me to fly to the states.

if there were no TV I wouldn't care what happens in Syria.

people have lived thousands or millions of years without them. they lived happier. I always wish if I were re_born I'd be born a bush man. yes. you saw right. a bush man.

you are too unintelligent for me to deal with trust me. I am a god.

Wrong. Contradictions everywhere
you just said you didn't need any of those modern tech and that you will be happier without in
but in that same post you unironically wished for some sort of Time-Machine (that doesnt even exist yet) to go and leave with your forefathers.
No matter how comfy you think life was then, they always "Needed" something new.
i wont be surprise when you go hunting with them and they give you just a pebble, you will wish to the stars that you had a knife.

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MarieSucre(f): 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2017
Zane2point4:

Go to afghanistan and struggle with taliban with succide belts on activated mode?

So its better to argue baseless arguments with anonymous usernames online? Mtchewww
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MarieSucre(f): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
AngelsAndStars:
I just had a good meal. ain't got no time to argue with you baby. I need rest.
bye

What's my business with whether you have eaten or not? Is that how you just throw out irrelevant information? Who your food epp?

1 Like

Re: Because I Am A Woman! by sweetrace(f): 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
Xensity:

No, the fact that many share my opinion, gives a kernel of truth to it and validates my points. I don't have to be a woman to understand the reality of what women pass through, and the op painted a dishonest picture of this reality.

It's this victim complex you women have that actually annoys me, and you have just erected this complex in your post. What successful women are being called who.res? Is Chimamanda adichie being called a who.re? Is Ngozi okonjo Iweala being called a who.re? Was the late Dora Akunyili called a wh.ore before she died? How about Deola Sagoe and Folake Cooker? I don't see anyone calling them who.res
It's only irresponsibe women who exhibit who.re-like characteristics that are being called whores. The women who gain their wealth from hard work and the overt addition of value to society, can never be called whores.

Another aspect of conversations with feminist apologists like yourself, is that you bring up really trivial and non-sequitor issues, and then you fixate on them like they are the most consequential issues there are, and like they have anything to do with gender inequality or subjugation and marginalisation of women.
So because people tell Linda Ikeji and Genevieve to get married, that's a form of female oppression in Nigeria? Lol. Don't men also get told to get married? And why shouldn't they be told to get married? Isn't it for their own good? Or is it when they are above 50 that they would get married, since they have made it open that they want husbands? And you are making it seem like it's only NL males that admonish them to get married, NL females also say the same thing. Go to LIB and see the number of women daily who tell Linda to hurry up and get married.

Nope! The fact that many share your opinion gives credence to the write up pasted by the op. And, yes you need to be a woman to understand her point of view. As for the successful women you quoted, they've had their struggles. They just chose to be persistent and dauntless. Moreover, society is somewhat kinder to successful women because they "can" ascribe part of their achievements to their husbands. Here on nairaland, Chimamanda has been called names simply because she is a strong woman who isn't afraid to air her views.

No one has the right to tell a grown woman what to do with her life. Even family and friends can only make suggestions or advice one. Harping on ladies like Linda Ikeji, Rita Dominic... single status instead of celebrating their achievements is actually what I'm talking about.

That you actually wrote "It's only irresponsibe women who exhibit who.re-like characteristics that are being called whores." Left me speechless. That someone who exhibits a measure of intelligence can think this way is sad. Vey sad!

Victim complex? That's certainly not me. Neither do I see myself as a feminist apologist. More of a feminine apologist. But, I seriously appreciate the bra burning feminists whose struggles have helped women evolve to today's woman. Still evolving though. This struggle is real. You just DON't get it.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by dealslip(f): 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2017
Marsnizz:
@ obbason22 is right because no sane man ll waste his precious time,money and energy on such a woman who is trying so hard to fight for gender equality. My sisi be wise, don't be deceive even the so called western world and the world super power only shout-scream about gender equality but you see my beloved sister,it's not in their hearts to do so.Hillary Clinton suppose to be the president of America. Note, the power of a woman shouldn't be underestimated.

I get you. I just want to know the very reason why women are not equal to me as another human being.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2017
rose54321:

Oh please, the only real reason any female suit fan ever likes Harvey is because he is drop dead, i notice how you tried to leave that part out so you wont look basic. If think i'm lying? replace Harvey's character with Loius and vice versa. also Harvey is nothing without Mike (he even admitted it to mike), Harvey has made soo much mistakes i don't even know how he made partner in that firm, it just has to be the looks and swagger (that guy has swag for days). Harvey only got by on his looks, even Zoloft knew this. if you talk about smart people on suit then Donna, Mike, Litt, Charles Forstman, then maybe zoloft and miss Gibbs. the rest are just alright.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by MVLOX(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2017
elitejosef:

Nice piece and I love the way you made it so real
But some people will never agree with you

True they won't unless they have experienced something similar or they knw someone who has.... I wouldn't have agreed too but am a living witness
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by Omeny: 4:55pm On Jan 05, 2017
uzolexis:

what exactly have women collected from you, so women requesting to be treated as humans or women wanting that gender equity be upheld is taking everything from you

We cherish and adore our women and there has never be problem.

We attach more value and respect to our women.

Why are ladies of nowadays carry this equality tin on their head?

U only see the negative side and fails to see the other side.

Do u know how many men out there that don't do anything till their women approve of it?

It is well oooo.
Re: Because I Am A Woman! by AngelsAndStars(m): 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2017
Admin401:

Wrong. Contradictions everywhere
you just said you didn't need any of those modern tech and that you will be happier without in
but in that same post you unironically wished for some sort of Time-Machine (that doesnt even exist yet) to go and leave with your forefathers.
No matter how comfy you think life was then, they always "Needed" something new.
i wont be surprise when you go hunting with them and they give you just a pebble, you will wish to the stars that you had a knife.
read well, I said if I were re_born. how does being re_born equals time travel? if I meant tine travel I won't cure the pain of knowledge of this time? I would be miserable because I already know phones, planes, cars, etc. but being re_born to the old I would have no memory of these things so no need for them.

and yes, I would wish? no matter the level of technology human sadness will never go away so the more you solve more problems the more problems you create. and more problems more "needs" or desires which is of cos insatiable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / My Wife Sleeps With My Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.