Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,956 members, 7,825,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man (1822 Views)

"I Love Another But I'm Still Here With You Because I'm Grateful" (screenshot) / My Boyfriend Has Never Satisfied Me Sexually But Expects Sex Everytime From Me / True Love: Another Nigerian Man Marries White Woman Older Than Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by PenAStory: 8:11am On Jan 05, 2017
https://penastory.com/2017/01/05/advice-me-my-boyfriend-has-been-there-for-me-through-hard-times-but-i-dont-love-him/

Happy New Year to everyone! This is our first edition of Tell Tale Thursday for the year 2017 and we are starting off with the issue of cheating and as usual, we have someone in a love dilemma. Read the dilemma of Shalewa and drop your mature comments only.

Dear Admin,

My name is Shalewa and I am 25 years of age, I have been dating this guy now for about a year and I have to admit that he has been a very good boyfriend but the problem is that I do not love him. Honestly, I only started dating him because the guy I truly love only wanted to be friends with benefits and seeing that I am 25 and time is not on my side for very long, I didn’t want to put myself in a situation of being with someone who only wants me for sex.

Shortly after I started dating my current boyfriend, I started experiencing some financial issues which has left me in a bad place because I lost my job and heavily in debt. My boyfriend has however been there for me as good boyfriend should and always encouraging me that things would get better. I only like him as a person and not really in love and I do not want our relationship to lead to the intensity that would make him propose to me.

Please what can I do? This guy is all that a girl could possibly ask for but I just don’t find myself falling totally in love with him the way he deserves and it is tearing me up inside doing this to such a good bye. Please I need candid advice on what I can do because I suspect if I do not do something quickly, things would get to a point where I might no longer be able to control it. Should I let go of a good guy because I do not love him and hope I would come across another good person or should I keep on with the relationship.

Thank you and I would be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Please be reminded that we do not publish the identity of those that send in their relationship problems except otherwise requested and we advise that you have only mature comments and responses to the mail as rude comments would not be approved. You can also send in your relationship issues by sending us an email via submissions@penastory.com or contact@penastory.com

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by alatbaba1(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2017
funny hw sum Ppl think. Nw ur debt hv been paid off. He stayed wit u wen nobody care, God is watching u. karma is a bitch remember.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by greenermodels: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2017
alatbaba1:
funny hw sum Ppl think. Nw ur debt hv been paid off. He stayed wit u wen nobody care, God is watching u. karma is a bitch remember.
if this story is true, the girl need serious brain capsules, most Nigerian ladies are perpetually childish with an evil mindset.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Haniel18: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2017
I understood wat u are saying perfectly but the truth is dat u are wicked.y didn't u tell d good guy u didn't love him all dis while yet u allowed him spend all he had on u,u don't deserve him.i will advice u tell him nw and break up with the both of dem and think abt ur life.becuz d outcome might be disastrous.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 05, 2017
didn’t want to put myself in a situation of being with someone who only wants me for sex.

I do not want our relationship to lead to the intensity that would make him propose to me.

Bītch, what do you want?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by LordZero(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2017
CorGier:

Bītch, what do you want?

She's confused AF. Anyways, most of them are confused..

If it's a dude now, you'll see them flooding in to call men all sort of names..
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by fergieboy: 9:50am On Jan 05, 2017
Reason why I hardly spend on ladies. Other foolish guys do the spending while I do mine in the oz ozer room

tongue
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 05, 2017
LordZero:

She's confused AF. Anyways, most of them are confused..

If it's a dude now, you'll see them flooding in to call men all sort of names..

It's sad what some guys go through. If only he knew the girl he's trying to make an honest woman out of, is busy salivating over anoda dude's cōck. . .

Beta bucks, Alpha bleeps indeed.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by LordZero(m): 10:03am On Jan 05, 2017
CorGier:

It's sad what some guys go through. If only he knew the girl he's trying to make an honest woman out of, is busy salivating over anoda dude's cōck. . .

Beta bucks, Alpha bleeps indeed.
An average Nigerian dude is brought up with the white knight mentality. . The knight in shinning armour BS and some other faulty mindset.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Fuqman(m): 10:20am On Jan 05, 2017
It sounds like you care about him a great deal, you just don't feel "in love." It may be that you just haven't gotten there yet, or it could be that there is no chemistry on your part. How long have you been together? If it hasn't been that long, I would give it a chance. Otherwise, you may want to let him know you want to be just friends. But a word of warning. Sometimes when a man is really nice and affectionate, it turns a woman off. But coming from someone who dated some real a**holes, a nice guy like that is hard to find, and you may want him after he is gone. Ask yourself if he has other characteristics that you like, or if he is really nice, and just plain boring. Good luck!!

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 05, 2017
LordZero:

An average Nigerian dude is brought up with the white knight mentality. . The knight in shinning armour BS and some other faulty mindset.

Then they have no one to blame but themselves when the said damsel in distress turns around and treats them as dirt.
Back in the day I wud get so angry at stories/girls like this u know, but nah - not anymore. It's like getting mad at a child for peeing his pants.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by mediocre(m): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Harmthe(m): 10:30am On Jan 05, 2017
because am a man I need to be heartbroken
after d one she thinks she loves turn her to sex machine, she will still come back to him abi.
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by LordZero(m): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2017
CorGier:

Then they have no one to blame but themselves when the said damsel in distress turns around and treats them as dirt.
Back in the day I wud get so angry at stories/girls like this u know, but nah - not anymore. It's like getting mad at a child for peeing his pants.
Same here. But once you understand it's their nature, you just laugh.
It's up to men to wisen up and stop falling for their cheap tricks.

What annoys me is when u try to explain shii to those white knights, they start calling you names and telling you about karma (only few are ready to better themselves.

This is not about being a player or PUA (am not in for that), it's abour being a better man. Someone that knows his worth, that knows pursuing his own happiness first is not a crime e.t.c..
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 05, 2017
LordZero:

it's abour being a better man. Someone that knows his worth, that knows pursuing his own happiness first is not a crime e.t.c..

Very true, that.
Mehn, nice having this discussion wit you - it's bn a while I had a chat on here wit smone who "gets".
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 05, 2017
Nooo! Don't break up with the good guy oh! shocked
Please keep on dating him for the fun of it, enjoy every single moment.... life is too short. When it reaches the time of proposal, say No...if he doesn't want to take no for an answer, just dump his ass grin cheesy
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by LordZero(m): 11:16am On Jan 05, 2017
CorGier:

Very true, that.
Mehn, nice having this discussion wit you - it's bn a while I had a chat on here wit smone who "gets".
same here bro.....

I've met dudes here who 'gets' and ready to help dudes but it seems people are lazy to change...

Nice meeting you. ...
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2017
LordZero:

same here bro.....

I've met dudes here who 'gets' and ready to help dudes but it seems people are lazy to change...

Nice meeting you. ...

Abi, well u know what they say about taking horses to the stream. . .

1 Like

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by seunny4lif(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2017
Ooòoh wait

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by sats: 12:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Another afonja spotted
This girl head no correct

Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by datyrone(m): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
so after he has brought you back to your feet...you now realise you dont love him.this is wat we call "chop clean mouth"
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Defaramade(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
You get better boyfriend you wan leave am, later you will be shouting that men are wicked undecided
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by boboLIL(m): 12:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
set of confused beings
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by gsparks01(m): 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Similar story to what my ex told me, the only difference is that she said God said she should end it
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by Sierusvirus(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2017
can the ladies please say something.......
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by njiasi30(f): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
gsparks01:
Similar story to what my ex told me, the only difference is that she said God said she should end it
Toor, grin grin grin
Re: Advice Me: My Boyfriend Has Been There For Me But I Love Another Man by FreeSpirited: 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
This is why many guys don't want to commited relationship......chop and clean mouth...friends with benefit is the best...

(1) (Reply)

Must See This Beautiful Lady Video Herself Having Sex In Court During Work(photo / Come And See What The Slay Queen In Doing In A Night Club / Am In Luv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.