Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,214 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model (28282 Views)

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? / 7 Types Of Punishments We Had In School We Can Never Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
In this Video, Google map is used to proof that Earth is FLAT.

A must watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr0pKj_ulhc

Google Map my friends. Earth surface we walk on is flat. May be something else is round. Not the Earth I walk on. I dont see curvature from Afghanistan to Australia, from Kazakhstan to South Africa.

Measure the distance from South Africa ground to ISS using laser and go to Kazakhstan, Asghanistan and Australia, then the distances are relatively the same when the ISS orbits these locations.

Are we so dump to believe these lies ?

Earth is FLAT.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Fidelismaria: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
following
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
OFFICIAL NASA PICTURES OF EARTH OVER A PERIOD OF TIME.

ABI PLANET DEY CHANGE ? AMERICA IS BIGGER IN SOME.... grin grin grin

Same Globe size at Different distances. Is it not funny ? Check out the different sizes of continents yet same size of globe. Go to NASA website, they say its computer generated. They should show us real pictures.

Someone had to justify the Budget expenses naaah

hahahaha Shame!
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
Fidelismaria:
following

Dont just follow, google the facts. I discover that there are lots of people on this research, I just stumbled on it cos certain things didnt add up. Now I see that there are millions of people who had doubts.

With the advent of internet, one can only be stupid to remain ignorant and be lied to.

I do not even believe it if someone tells me "Good morning". I have to check the time to believe it.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TWOYANSH: 9:09pm On Jan 06, 2017
Sir, i hope you realize that most of these space pictures are not to scale.

I also hope you know that the earth rotates at its axis and also revolves around the sun following an elliptical path. Sir, if the earth was flat, then all parts would experience sunlight at the same time. Seasons, Eclipses would be absent.

Sir, maybe you are counting out the atmosphere and just focusing on the walking ground which is wrong.

You said the sun revolves round us. How would you explain the concept of TRIANGULATION. Venus (round) obstructs the sun while following a particular orbit in *quite remember now*....That was how the earlier scientists measured the distance from the earth to the sun.

HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN POLES....NORTH AND SOUTH?

sir, i could go on and on. You are simply wrong this time.

4 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Jan 06, 2017
Flat Earth Conspiracy

Pointing out the absurdity of “flat Earth” theory…is it really necessary? I’ve noticed that there are more and more videos popping up on YouTube touting a number of related ideas, that the Earth is actually flat (or some other non-spherical shape), and that the fundamental nature of the cosmos is radically different than that presented by modern science, namely, that the Earth is a planet that orbits the Sun with the other planets and bodies of the solar system, and that the Sun is one of many stars in a galaxy which is but one of many. It seems preposterous that anyone at the dawn of the 21st century would believe the Earth is flat, or that anyone would promote such an idea as more than a joke, but apparently some do.

The spherical shape of the Earth has been well-known for over two thousand years. It was a well-understood concept in Greek science as early as the 5th century BC. Eratosthenes produced a fairly accurate estimate of the Earth’s circumference around 240 BC using simple geometry and some basic measurements. Besides simple measurements, there are many obvious observational phenomena that indicate the Earth must be round, such as the fact that different stars are visible to people in different lattitudes. This would not be the case if the Earth were flat. Flat-Earthers will make excuses and talk about “distortion”, “perspective”, or other absurd ideas, but they can’t explain such obvious things away in a scientifically consistent manner.

Flat-Earthers will also claim that the Sun and Moon are relatively small bodies that circle a few miles overhead. They claim that sunset is simply the sun “moving farther away” until it disappears. Any rational person can see that this is not the case, if the Sun or Moon were moving farther away, they’d get smaller, and they don’t. In fact, they appear as large at the horizon as at the zenith. Flat-Earthers will say this is also due to atmospheric “distortion” or some such nonsense, even though such distortion is somehow never apparent or measureable in any other sense. Of course, they have no rational hypothesis for just what kind of magic holds their flat-world cosmos together, either.

http://stupidconspiracies.org/flat-earth-conspiracy/

2 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
TWOYANSH:
Sir, i hope you realize that most of these space pictures are not to scale.

I also hope you know that the earth rotates at its axis and also revolves around the sun following an elliptical path. Sir, if the earth was flat, then all parts would experience sunlight at the same time. Seasons, Eclipses would be absent.

Sir, maybe you are counting out the atmosphere and just focusing on the walking ground which is wrong.

You said the sun revolves round us. How would you explain the concept of TRIANGULATION. Venus (round) obstructs the sun while following a particular orbit in *quite remember now*....That was how the earlier scientists measured the distance from the earth to the sun.

HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN POLES....NORTH AND SOUTH?

sir, i could go on and on. You are simply wrong this time.

I will assume you didnt watch the videos. The beam of the sun can not even cover the whole planet at the same time. The Sun is not as far as we are made to believe, neither is the moon. In fact just watch the videos. These are self explanatory. Like I stated, do not believe what I say untik you are convinced. This is Education section, I post here cos we are all students of life. I can assure you, i am not careless in research. I pondered on all parameters, my realization of truth affected my being even up till this moment. This is not fair to the world. I dont know what they stand to gain with these lies or they are simply stupid.

I had to get back to the computer the type better, been on tablet.

Allow Every other planet on the Solar System in place. Think about Earth as flat, then every other things make sense. Just flat Earth, Sun not far as we think. Watch the Sun pierce the sky. It is hot on the skin, we sweat under the sun. That is common sense. Then during lunar cycle, you can actually observe our shadow that moon cast on the ground.

The way the sun beat me some days, I no sure say the Sun was far until Science told me so
The way moon cast small shadow of my image on the ground, I didnt believe the moon was far off until science lied to me.

I will advise that we use our common sense, that is what makes sense the most this time.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Then of course, there is the matter of space travel, and the numerous photos, films, video, and of course personally witnessed views of a round, rotating Earth from space. Here’s where it gets tricky. Flat-Earthers will claim several things, one being that what we’re seeing is in fact a flat “round” Earth from above (though they can’t explain why it appears to rotate, or why the continents can’t all be seen at once), or they’ll take the position that ALL images of the Earth from space are faked, and that indeed all space programs and space travel is faked as well, and that all scientific information pertaining to the concept of a round Earth, orbiting the Sun, is all part of some huge plot or conspiracy to somehow control or dominate humanity, usually orchestrated by…Satan.

Well, claims like that are hard to address directly, Satan being an unprovable supernatural entity, but the idea of a conspiracy that spans every scientific, government, and educational institution on the globe, and has gone on for centuries, seems a LITTLE far fetched, one might think. Some will claim that giant hologram projectors run by this mysterious conspiracy are actually creating the cosmos we actually see (what people saw before the hologram projectors were built is something they can’t answer).

Naturally, when it comes to conspiracy theories, most Flat-Earthers are on board with many, if not most of the ones current in the popular culture. This is very typical conspiracy-theorist behavior, and it’s very rare that they are invested in one conspiracy without being invested in many others, usually with an elaborate narrative to tie them all together.

The idea they nurture and cultivate among themselves, namely that they are privy to secret knowledge of a great and ominous nature that the rest of humanity is too blind, stupid, or indifferent to grasp is a very important factor in understanding the mindset that allows people to make preposterous assertions such as the Earth being flat, and do it with complete confidence.

The fact that modern flat Earth theory is usually grounded (and evolved from) Biblical literalism and Christian fundamentalist beliefs that simply deny not only basic science and the evidence of one’s own eyes also tends to make it a very ingrained belief system in those who are partial to it, once they’ve convinced themselves of it’s theological correctness.

Flat-earthers are never science people. In fact, I’ve never heard of or seen any science credentials offered or claimed from any person claiming this belief…but then, how could they have such? They’d fail a 7th grade science class with their level of “knowledge”. I suspect that many of these people have little formal education at all, no higher education, and that many of them are “home-schooled” (i.e., religiously brainwashed and indoctrinated from an early age).

The crucial thing that will be noted about people who believe in these conspiracies and “fringe” (to say the least) ideas like a flat Earth, is that they will almost never debate their ideas seriously.

When confronted with uncomfortable facts, like orbiting satellites and space stations that are clearly visible, laser ranging that places the distance to the moon much larger and farther than they imagine and shows it orbiting the Earth at over a kilometer a second, or simple logical fallacies like the fact that it’s impossible to create a map of a “flat” Earth that has distances and travel times that remotely correspond to reality. The simple fact that a person can book a few flight and actually fly around the world themselves doesn’t seem to phase them at all.

They apparently accept the idea that all the pilots in the world fly in circles and never realize it. I’ve noticed that when you start laying out some simple facts in an attempt to get these people to recognize their mistake, the response is generally that I’m a “shill”, “agent”, etc., quickly followed by silence or some attempt to ban or block me.

With these people who are so totally and completely deluded, living in a complete state of denial, debate is generally a futile activity. As the saying goes, you’ve been warned. Let the insanity commence.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2017
but the idea of a conspiracy that spans every scientific, government, and educational institution on the globe, and has gone on for centuries, seems a LITTLE far fetched, one might think.

Now this is hilarious.

2 Likes

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Then of course, there is the matter of space travel, and the numerous photos, films, video, and of course personally witnessed views of a round, rotating Earth from space. Here’s where it gets tricky. Flat-Earthers will claim several things, one being that what we’re seeing is in fact a flat “round” Earth from above (though they can’t explain why it appears to rotate, or why the continents can’t all be seen at once), or they’ll take the position that ALL images of the Earth from space are faked, and that indeed all space programs and space travel is faked as well, and that all scientific information pertaining to the concept of a round Earth, orbiting the Sun, is all part of some huge plot or conspiracy to somehow control or dominate humanity, usually orchestrated by…Satan. Well, claims like that are hard to address directly, Satan being an unprovable supernatural entity, but the idea of a conspiracy that spans every scientific, government, and educational institution on the globe, and has gone on for centuries, seems a LITTLE far fetched, one might think. Some will claim that giant hologram projectors run by this mysterious conspiracy are actually creating the cosmos we actually see (what people saw before the hologram projectors were built is something they can’t answer). Naturally, when it comes to conspiracy theories, most Flat-Earthers are on board with many, if not most of the ones current in the popular culture. This is very typical conspiracy-theorist behavior, and it’s very rare that they are invested in one conspiracy without being invested in many others, usually with an elaborate narrative to tie them all together. The idea they nurture and cultivate among themselves, namely that they are privy to secret knowledge of a great and ominous nature that the rest of humanity is too blind, stupid, or indifferent to grasp is a very important factor in understanding the mindset that allows people to make preposterous assertions such as the Earth being flat, and do it with complete confidence. The fact that modern flat Earth theory is usually grounded (and evolved from) Biblical literalism and Christian fundamentalist beliefs that simply deny not only basic science and the evidence of one’s own eyes also tends to make it a very ingrained belief system in those who are partial to it, once they’ve convinced themselves of it’s theological correctness. Flat-earthers are never science people. In fact, I’ve never heard of or seen any science credentials offered or claimed from any person claiming this belief…but then, how could they have such? They’d fail a 7th grade science class with their level of “knowledge”. I suspect that many of these people have little formal education at all, no higher education, and that many of them are “home-schooled” (i.e., religiously brainwashed and indoctrinated from an early age).

The crucial thing that will be noted about people who believe in these conspiracies and “fringe” (to say the least) ideas like a flat Earth, is that they will almost never debate their ideas seriously.

When confronted with uncomfortable facts, like orbiting satellites and space stations that are clearly visible, laser ranging that places the distance to the moon much larger and farther than they imagine and shows it orbiting the Earth at over a kilometer a second, or simple logical fallacies like the fact that it’s impossible to create a map of a “flat” Earth that has distances and travel times that remotely correspond to reality. The simple fact that a person can book a few flight and actually fly around the world themselves doesn’t seem to phase them at all.

They apparently accept the idea that all the pilots in the world fly in circles and never realize it. I’ve noticed that when you start laying out some simple facts in an attempt to get these people to recognize their mistake, the response is generally that I’m a “shill”, “agent”, etc., quickly followed by silence or some attempt to ban or block me.

With these people who are so totally and completely deluded, living in a complete state of denial, debate is generally a futile activity. As the saying goes, you’ve been warned. Let the insanity commence.

The entire write-up there sounds like a rant from some emotional freak. Let us be calm and take each subject at a time. The issues raised on the link you pasted are not reflected on my postulate except that Earth surface is flat, which I can bet with my balls. Every other thing falls in place. So, lets take a deep breath and understand that there is no curved surface on Earth.

The video of space rocket clears shows the optical illusion from limited line of sight of human eyes. A pair of telescope clears that up easily. Watch Red Pull Sky Diving, you will see the same mirage. Sky Diving is a clear example of how to understand it. When a plane flies up there, you clearly see a curve atmosphere, NOT curved ground Earth, but when the plane flies to the location that seemed curved and you jump down, you land on a flat Earth. Its just the atmoshere. Illiterate Flat Earthers could say there is a glass dome. That is bullshit. Its ionosphere

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TWOYANSH: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2017
I didnt watch the videos sir.

The equator...SOLSTICE....EQUINOX....these are physical evidences that you and I can see which are features of a spherical earth.

You saying that the sun won't cover all parts of the erath if it was flat is a bit odd. If so, how are rays of sun getting to mars??.

HAD IT BEEN YOU SAID THE EARTH IS NOT "SOLIDLY" ROUND BUT COVERED WITH LAYERS(OZONE) AND GASES WHICH TAKE THAT SPHERICAL SHAPE DUE TO REASONS NOT YET KNOWN. i could have watched in the background as usual. But saying that the earth is flat...citing wall cracks, falling skycrappers et all (which has an explanation) is out of context.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
TWOYANSH:
I didnt watch the videos sir.

The equator...SOLSTICE....EQUINOX....these are physical evidences that you and I can see which are features of a spherical earth.

You saying that the sun won't cover all parts of the erath if it was flat is a bit odd. If so, how are rays of sun getting to mars??.

HAD IT BEEN YOU SAID THE EARTH IS NOT "SOLIDLY" ROUND BUT COVERED WITH LAYERS(OZONE) AND GASES WHICH TAKE THAT SPHERICAL SHAPE DUE TO REASONS NOT YET KNOWN. i could have watched in the background as usual. But saying that the earth is flat...citing wall cracks, falling skycrappers et all (which has an explanation) is out of context.

Listen, we are not quareling here. I asked if you watched the videos because all of the questions you ask are already answered. All of them. I asked similar questions too, and the explanations are on the videos 100%. When you have time, try and watch the video with an open mind, after all we keep an open mind to believe Jesus Christ Ascended to Heaven with physical body and that Mary was pregnant without Sex. Just use an open mind and the truth is just very factually explained.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Edenoscar(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2017
felixomor:
I love this write up
smh so you're part of those conspiracy theorist undecided

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by forray(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
I forgot to tell you that we can not go to the edge of the planet, you know why ? GOVERNMENTS BANNED access to Antartica, you cant go there. They know what is there. Now, it makes sense why American Businesses and Government behave the way they do. And they mean it when they say they are the greatest country on Earth. Russia knows the truth too. Only if the everyone knows that this system is about divide and control.

Been trying to make sense of u explanation, but still cant find anything meaningful in what u are saying. ur reason of saying the earth is flat is based on ur water melon Theory, ur telescope and ur own assumptions.

Any lame uneducated man can come up with same argument like u are doing right now. No pun intended.

Bro the earth is spherical in shape as been a long standing theory, proving from so many stand point. Pls try get into space first before u try proving. This ur kind argument Na wetin an uneducated person go give.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Edenoscar(m): 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
SirWere:

The flat-earthers have found Nairaland undecided
hehehe shocked
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:

The entire write-up there sounds like a rant from some emotional freak. Let us be calm and take each subject at a time. The issues raised on the link you pasted are not reflected on my postulate except that Earth surface is flat, which I can bet with my balls. Every other thing falls in place. So, lets take a deep breath and understand that there is no curved surface on Earth.

The video of space rocket clears shows the optical illusion from limited line of sight of human eyes. A pair of telescope clears that up easily. Watch Red Pull Sky Diving, you will see the same mirage. Sky Diving is a clear example of how to understand it. When a plane flies up there, you clearly see a curve atmosphere, NOT curved ground Earth, but when the plane flies to the location that seemed curved and you jump down, you land on a flat Earth. Its just the atmoshere. Illiterate Flat Earthers could say there is a glass dome. That is bullshit. Its ionosphere

Did you get the simple fact that if you draw a circle and magnify it a million times, a part of the circumference will look like a straight line? How you want a sky diver to see curve beats my imagination. I knew this when I was like six. Expecting to see a curve explains you do not even get what you are arguing.

His first paragraph nails your point to a cross and sets it on fire. A fact scientifically proven hundreds of years ago does not need a debate.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Edenoscar(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2017
ElectGINeer:

Your signature.
wink wink
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
TheGoodJoe:

Did you get the simple fact that if you draw a circle and magnify it a million times, a part of the circumference will look like a straight line? How you want a sky diver to see curve beats my imagination. I knew this when I was like six. Expecting to see a curve explains you do not even get what you are arguing.

His first paragraph nails your point to a cross and sets it on fire. A fact scientifically proven hundreds of years ago does not need a debate.

Your last line sounds like laziness. You said the fact was established some hundreds of years ago. I know the scientist that designed the globe model, his work was published the day he died. He probably wanted not be questioned that was why he kept the journal till he died.

The scientific community picked it up and celebrated it just like celebrating Pluto as a planet before it was known not to be true. Just like stating we have 3 States of Matter when we clearly have seen 15 States of matter at the moment.

If you were told when you were 6 yrs old that Earth is round and you will believe that notion at 40 without fact-checking what does that make you ? Will you just swallow everything you are told because a Scientist say so ? Well, I am a scientist, this is what I studied in the University and I can tell you its a lie. If you did not study Astronomy, Astrophysics,Quantum mechanics, Advanced Physics, well, I did. And I am telling you that the 'truth' we have been taught is a lie.

Even if you want to use the current Big Bang model and study the Micro Wave Background in the cosmos using the flat earth model, everything checks out, but using the globe model, scientist are still trying to pitch together the String Theory to understand the origin of the universe. Well, I know it now.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
forray:

Been trying to make sense of u explanation, but still cant find anything meaningful in what u are saying. ur reason of saying the earth is flat is based on ur water melon Theory, ur telescope and ur own assumptions.

Any lame uneducated man can come up with same argument like u are doing right now. No pun intended.

Bro the earth is spherical in shape as been a long standing theory, proving from so many stand point. Pls try get into space first before u try proving. This ur kind argument Na wetin an uneducated person go give.

Watch the videos and decide what you wish. I am not asking you to believe me. I am just saying global Earth model does not make sense. It is night now where I am and if the Earth is revolving I am supposed to be turning now and computer wouldnt balance. May be it would have thrown my computer to the ceiling. Gravity does not make sense here.

Why not look at a football, there is no kind of gravity that can hold an ant to the surface of the ball when it is rolling. It is common-sensical.

The only thing that makes sense is if the round shape is our ionoshere while Earth surface must be Flat. We fly in circle around when traveling by air. We always bend to left or right. So you can actually return back to the starting point. Just like playing a gramophone those days, just like playing CD. The laser point will always come back 360 degrees. That is what I mean. If you insist that Earth is spherical then you mean the amosphere I guess, but the soil I walk on is flat from edge to edge. Even ocean surface tested with lase shows flat earth surface.

Look at this picture. The curvature is the atmosphere but the soil we walk on, is a flat surface. Looks like a bubble. I hope you understand what I mean.

You can see the clouds, you can see the atmosphere. Its like a bubble with flat soil under your feet.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TWOYANSH: 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
LET ME NOW BELEIVE THE EARTH IA FLAT.

How did my flat earth is not falling infinitely in space...wondering.... there must be a force holding it....LET ME BELEIVE IT IS GRAVITY

Gravitational force of what is acting on my flat earth??
If you were reading thiis post on your phone, do you know that you are attracting your phone with a force directly proportional to your mass and the phones mass divided by the square of the distace between them...and your phone is also attracting you...but these forces are too small to be noticed.
A scientist once tried to dispute this by hanging a bob through a thread down the face of a mountain.

Back to my flat earth....What massive body is close by? The sun, the moon, other planets and probably space junks

I NOW BELIEVE THAT THESE BODIES ARE ACTING ON MY FLAT EARTH, KEEPING IT IN PLACE.

here comes the tricky part. My flat earth also contains stuffs in it....oceans, mountains, hills, houses even YOU AND I. These masses are so massive that they would tend to attract my flat earth. The mass of earth ia approximately in billions billion trillion tons.

Now these masses would tend to atrract the flat earth BUT MAINLY TO THE CENTER. THIS IS WHERE GRAVITY LIES...center of gravity. Automatically, any material solid, liquid, gaseous, plasmid around my flat earth would tend to asbe attracted to the center thereby forming a round object.

But since the earth rotates, it becomes slightly fatter at middle and this gives me a spherical earth!!!

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Your last line sounds like laziness. You said the fact was established some hundreds of years ago. I know the scientist that designed the globe model, his work was published the day he died. He probably wanted not be questioned that was why he kept the journal till he died.

The scientific community picked it up and celebrated it just like celebrating Pluto as a planet before it was known not to be true. Just like stating we have 3 States of Matter when we clearly have seen 15 States of matter at the moment.

If you were told when you were 6 yrs old that Earth is round and you will believe that notion at 40 without fact-checking what does that make you ? Will you just swallow everything you are told because a Scientist say so ? Well, I am a scientist, this is what I studied in the University and I can tell you its a lie. If you did not study Astronomy, Astrophysics,Quantum mechanics, Advanced Physics, well, I did. And I am telling you that the 'truth' we have been taught is a lie.

Even if you want to use the current Big Bang model and study the Micro Wave Background in the cosmos using the flat earth model, everything checks out, but using the globe model, scientist are still trying to pitch together the String Theory to understand the origin of the universe. Well, I know it now.

As a kid, I drew a circle on a plain sheet of paper and put a magnifying glass to it. The curve was no more as round as it was on a plain sheet of paper. That is how I understood why the earth is spherical but it looks flat to us.

Watching a movie and seeing a ship disappear at the horizon, I could understand that the ship was not moving straight.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

As a kid, I drew a circle on a plain sheet of paper and put a magnifying glass to it. The curve was no more as round as it was on a plain sheet of paper. That is how I understood why the earth is spherical but it looks flat to us.

Watching a movie and seeing a ship disappear at the horizon, I could understand that the ship was not moving straight.
Why is it that you guys dont like watching the video. The optical illusion and mirage caused by the line of sight is clearly explained. Should I be blamed for your inability to just click 'Play' on a video.

All the issues you raised are explained in clear and undisputed scientific terms. There are even scientist whose life works are to proof that the Earth surface is flat, even though the horizon appear curve. Compelling explanations are offered.

Why is it just do difficult watching the videos ? Na wa o TheGodJoe. The surface of the earth is flat except for mountains and valleys and trees. The curvature you see is atmosphere when observed from space. The land we walk on, is a flat stretch across all the continents.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2017

Look at this picture Again, It is from NASA. Does it look like the other graphic pictures on NASA website ? Hell No.

Look at the clouds on the atmosphere. Is the cloud part of your circular landscape ? The cloud is just underneath the curved layer of atmoshere, which means it is NOT the surface of earth. It is like bubble. That is what some flat earthers say is a dome. But I say no, its just atmosphere, but the surface of the Earth we walk on, that we build on, that our cars drive on. Is a flat surface through out the entire continents. Simple

The picture is clear. Why are you conjuring another image that we were lied to all the time,when we can see clealy that it is a bubble of air with flat land ? WHY WHY WHY ?
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by felixomor: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Edenoscar:

smh so you're part of those conspiracy theorist undecided

Na u know.
Say what u may.
I only said, i love the write up

Besides, Everything should be scrutinized just like the way also skeptically tackle religious views
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
Why is it that you guys dont like watching the video. The optical illusion and mirage caused by the line of sight is clearly explained. Should I be blamed for your inability to just click 'Play' on a video.

All the issues you raised are explained in clear and undisputed scientific terms. There are even scientist whose life works are to proof that the Earth surface is flat, even though the horizon appear curve. Compelling explanations are offered.

Why is it just do difficult watching the videos ? Na wa o TheGodJoe. The surface of the earth is flat except for mountains and valleys and trees. The curvature you see is atmosphere when observed from space. The land we walk on, is a flat stretch across all the continents.

From the videos you posted, give me the link that is bang on the best to help your argument.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:

You have been talking video. Now I say show me your favorite, you are wasting time.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You have been talking video. Now I say show me your favorite, you are wasting time.

Watch your emotions bro. I am not cut out for attitudes. I have pasted several videos there. Do your search and live with your conclusions. Do I owe anyone a favor ? Hell No!
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by forray(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:

Watch the videos and decide what you wish. I am not asking you to believe me. I am just saying global Earth model does not make sense. It is night now where I am and if the Earth is revolving I am supposed to be turning now and computer wouldnt balance. May be it would have thrown my computer to the ceiling. Gravity does not make sense here.

Why not look at a football, there is no kind of gravity that can hold an ant to the surface of the ball when it is rolling. It is common-sensical.

The only thing that makes sense is if the round shape is our ionoshere while Earth surface must be Flat. We fly in circle around when traveling by air. We always bend to left or right. So you can actually return back to the starting point. Just like playing a gramophone those days, just like playing CD. The laser point will always come back 360 degrees. That is what I mean. If you insist that Earth is spherical then you mean the amosphere I guess, but the soil I walk on is flat from edge to edge. Even ocean surface tested with lase shows flat earth surface.

Look at this picture. The curvature is the atmosphere but the soil we walk on, is a flat surface. Looks like a bubble. I hope you understand what I mean.

You can see the clouds, you can see the atmosphere. Its like a bubble with flat soil under your feet.

U keep asking people to watch video, when u didn't try to prove ur point with any video but sounded like someone who has properly done his research before coming on here to make us see things otherwise.

U called urself a scientist, but one who doesn't believe the law of gravity exist. Tells much about u. Den u wld say u are not asking anybody to take ur idea, but ur topic says otherwise.

U keep making noise on datas and research ur have done ....lol. all ur ranting just show how uninformed ur are. U know nothing about science. And it's a shame to the name scientist since u pride urself as one, no pun intended

My suggestion to u since u claim to have the time and the resource to read and watch internet video,pls do dis:
* take ur time to read about gravity in general, and if u are actually a clever scientist that thinks indepth, more Dan just words u read. U will never doubt the existence of gravity, just that statement about u not believing gravity exist, killed all my interest in ur argument.
* den read up on earth, it's size, rotation and revolution , speed at which it rotates, longitude and latitude etc.

Pls get enlightened, read up properly and stop dragging the name scientist on mud.

1 Like

Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:

Watch your emotions bro. I am not cut out for attitudes. I have pasted several videos there. Do your search and live with your conclusions. Do I owe anyone a favor ? Hell No!

See me see trouble. You said, I do not watch videos. I said give me your most convincing and you are warning me.

Leave the threats and show me your most convincing. You posted some. I am not ready to watch all. Point a convincing one and let me see if it holds water. Leave the threats for LAWMA.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
Gentlemen and ladies, my decision to open this thread, was not to confuse anyone. It was based on my observation of the atmoshere at the beach and after pondering for a week, I could relate the shapes of cracks on the wall of my property that was one directional. It looks entire structures had similar cracks. It was startling when I thought it has to do with rotation of earth. That is when I started searching.

I want you all to visualize a water melon cut in half. One half placed on a table in such a way that the cut half faces the ceiling, then all continents, oceans and mountains on the flat surface. Just assume that the other half is made of transparent glass that you can see through. Place the transparent half on the one with on the table. That is the round shape you have been taught. Except that the half cycle on top is your dome shaped half with atmosphere.

Unlike other flat earthers, I believe the following based on science.

1. That the Sound barrier that is broken when rockets is fired out of space is actually the shield formed by electromagnetism, I think its called ionosphere due to presence of ions that causes lightening and thunder to balance the charges

2. I believe the Earth actually rotates on its axis but very slowly and the other planets move faster, just like holding long strings with round balls tight to the end. So, the person holding the ropes with balls at the end of the robe turns in circular motion the balls move faster. But this time, centripetal and centrigual forces hold the planets together in space. I believe that Earth is pulling the other planets around. If Earth stops rotating the wahala go dey.

3. That the ISS (International Space Station) is actually outside outside of our atmosphere, true. But its location should be called VOID. Not space cos space has air, but VOID has no air which is why astronauts cant hear each other even when they are together except they use radios. Sound can not travel through void. Bible is right there.

4. Etc

Peace out.

your thread was an eye opener.
everything you wrote makes sense. it was difficult at the first.
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

See me see trouble. You said, I do not watch videos. I said give me your most convincing and you are warning me.

Leave the threats and show me your most convincing. You posted some. I am not ready to watch all. Point a convincing one and let me see if it holds water. Leave the threats for LAWMA.
You dont watch Videos or you dont have data to watch videos. You should then go to bed. Your Earth is round. Mine is flat. I am sure we have no problems now, do we ?
Re: Forget Everything That Geography Taught You About The Solar System Model by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Billyonaire:
You dont watch Videos or you dont have data to watch videos. You should then go to bed. Your Earth is round. Mine is flat. I am sure we have no problems now, do we ?

Continue deceiving yourself. I said show me your favorite video let me watch. Leave the story and pick one you feel is convincing.

I am not ready to waste time watching obvious lies. So pick one of the lying video that convinced you. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know / Exxonmobil Entry Level-ond Holders Recruitment 2017 / Explosion At Enugu State University Of Science & Technology Injures One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.