Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,158 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

A Twisted View Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Twisted View Of Marriage (1167 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / Help! A Friend Of Mine @31 No Boyfriend Not To Talk Of Marriage. / A Twisted View Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Twisted View Of Marriage by Ibiyomee(f): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2017
People will see a man washing his clothes and instead of minding their business, they will say "Ah, oga Ejike, go and marry so you will stop washing".

They will see a man cooking and be like "Bro Ade, you need to get married so you can stop cooking".

A mother will look at his 35years old son who cannot wash his own boxers, boil water for tea or even make his own bed....a 35years old that cannot take his own plate to the kitchen after eating and tell him "James, you need to settle down...get a woman to take care of you"

In different ways, the society subconsciously tell men they don't marry women for any reason other than cleaning, cooking and childbearing.
I begin to wonder, does average Nigerian men need a wife or glorified maid?
Many women looks 3times their age because of stress and exhaustion.
You sit down in front of TV with your phone and watch your wife work until she is about to pass out.

Men, who told you that it is wrong to wash plates?
Who told you it is wrong to wash your own clothes?
Who told you it is wrong to dress your bed when you wake up?
What will it take to help your partner with the chores in the house?
If a man wanted to be adopted as a child to be pet, pampered, fed and nursed. Then he need not to seek marriage, he should rather offer himself up for an adoption at a motherless home to be pick up.

If you want a wife, then get a wife.
But if you are getting married because you feel you are becoming too old to do your own chores, then get a MAID.

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Heavance(m): 9:59am On Jan 05, 2017
Women can talk about this all day, but I assure you the op will still do all these for her man......
I keep wondering why some women still end up with such guys, he can't wash his clothes yet won't get a machine, he can't cook or take care of himself, yet the good ladies still pick such men
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Timossa(m): 10:17am On Jan 05, 2017
Hi op, I think you are right. Men needs to be a man enough and not to be pampered. I think there are set of men who never got a thorough home training as how a house or home should be kept conducively for living and co-habiting. They cannot even cook, do house chores, go errands and all, because their mother never made them go through these things and make them realise the importance.

As for me, I am condemed to helping my wife as her husband, Lord, King, brother, Uncle, Son and every other thing she can call me.

Let guys think about it, when you want to have s*xx (lay with your wife), do you do it alone? When you want to have a baby does your wife manufacture the baby alone? Then, why not also help her in the home the way she helps you out and gives you different styles when you are having s*Bleep with her in bed?

Guys, men and husbands, please lets help our wives at home, lets stoop low and be teachable if we don't know how to do house chores and I believe a good wife will show you way round.

And for Girls, ladies, wives and women, please don't take your husband for granted if he starts to doing these things. You don't have any right to impose on him to doing something and I believe where there is love, two of you will work together. In a case where the wife is cooking on Saturday, the husband is busy cleaning and making sure that the house is in order; very SIMPLE.

I love married people, but I envy loving and happy homes.

#LetsHelpOurWives

Thank you for reading my own contribution.

1 Like

Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 05, 2017
In different ways, the society subconsciously tell men they don't marry women for any reason other than cleaning, cooking and childbearing.

Sista. If you've got any qualms with that, then in your matrimonial home, by all means have at it. Show husby how much your wifey credentials are in no way commensurate with that of a maid's.
That said, It's no business if yours to question the reason(s) a man has to seek out a wife, it's just not your place.
Marriage is an agreement, if after weighing your options and you still find him wanting, then when he bends the knee to propose - decline. It's not by force. Even that "glorified maid" had/has a choice, lots of girls out there who would eargerly take dat apron off her neck.
Re: A Twisted View Of Marriage by Timossa(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2017
Hi bro,

I understand your point. Please, I have two questions for you.

1. Can you marry a woman who cannot cook, do house chores and take good care of your kids?

2. Would you help your wife in the house as her husband?

Thank you.

CorGier:

Sista. If you've got any qualms with that, then in your matrimonial home, by all means have at it. Show husby how much your wifey credentials are in no way commensurate with that of a maid's.
That said, It's no business if yours to question the reason(s) a man has to seek out a wife, it's just not your place.
Marriage is an agreement, if after weighing your options and you still find him wanting, then when he bends the knee to propose - decline. It's not by force. Even that "glorified maid" had/has a choice, lots of girls out there who would eargerly take dat apron off her neck.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Gushes Over Another Man's Husband On Facebook (Photos) / Why Would Girls Admire A Broke Guy? / Tiwa Savage Flaunts Her Boobs On Camera! (MUST WATCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.