Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants (7403 Views)

FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries / FG Begins Payment Of Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by naijaking1: 12:47am On Dec 01, 2009
ono:

These things aren't just the way many of us here paint it. While I sympathise with the woman whose 7 year-old daughter was raped, it should be clear to us all by now that we are in a country where the folks leading us are really not after our welfare. Besides, the sins of the past is what, I think, we're paying for today. How?

We (and I use the word in the Nigerian context - I am a Nigerian, albeit a Niger Deltan to the core) have allowed rogues to lead us this far. Today, we even have a university lecturer leading us. But, we're worst for that. I have decided its not an ''education thing'' that's our major problem. There's more to it.
Nigeria is reaping what she has sown over the years - seeds of discords, lies, violence against her people all over the nation, not only in the delta (where we all know it is worst), theft of the people's god-given resources, falsehood, etc. These are the ''ingredients'' this country is built on. It is only natural that we begin to see these manifest in our peoples/society with time. Maybe we have reached that point where we have to decide if indeed, this is where we want to be.

I understand that some of these militants are graduates of engineering, sciences etc etc from some of our universities. I used the word ''some'' because I have heard/read so. We all know that when Jomo Gbomo ''speaks'' from the creeks, we all are at attention. He writes with such passion and clarity of purpose, you cannot say that whoever Jomo Gbomo is, he's an illiterate. Many of us read his briefs/notes on their planned attacks with fear and trembling, knowing fully well that MEND acts with such brute force, and our source of livelihood in this country could be blown to shreds within minutes by these people. No, some ex-militants are not dafts, rogues, illiterates etc.

I think the FG is just trying to make the best of a very bad situation. But how long this will drag on is what I don't know.

My brother, how do I become an Ex-militant?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by dfkay: 3:23pm On Dec 03, 2009
For how long would the government pay?
Re: Fg Begins Payment Of N65,000 Monthly Allowance To Ex-militants by roodest: 8:16pm On Dec 04, 2009
seriously?
and how are they identified again?
btw what's the minimum wage in nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari/bakare 2011 Pictures From OYO State / There Is Fire On The Mountain Here In Aba / APC Members To Hold Support March For Tinubu, Dapo Abiodun In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.