Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have (1926 Views)

PHOTOS: Meet The 25-year-old Model Who Wants To Have The World’s Biggest Bum / Share Your Funny And Weird Phobias Here!!!...(list Of Mine Below) / Where Is The Strangest Place You've Had Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2017
Ablutophobia

If you have ablutophobia then you had better go grab some deodorant because you are probably too scared to take a bath or clean yourself.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2017
Ergophobia

In what is probably one of the most convenient phobias on this list ergophobia is the fear of work or the workplace environment. On a serious note however, psychologists believe it is a combination of various fears such as failing at assigned tasks, social anxiety, and public speaking.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by makydebbie(f): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2017
cool
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by shizzy7(f): 11:11am On Jan 06, 2017
I have ablutophobia..

I bath once a week. grin
coming back to edit.
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2017
Nomophobia

Short for no-mobile-phone phobia, this is the constant fear of not having service and according to researchers in the UK a whopping 50% of people have it. Third world…we apologize.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2017
Philophobia

Although butterflies in the stomach are often associated with love, for someone with philophobia those butterflies are more like deadly scorpions, as they are petrified of falling in love. Unfortunately many people in this category end up living a life of solitude and fear of commitment

1 Share

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by Nobody: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2017

I'm a bit katsaridaphobic. undecided embarassed
like I could Kiss A scorpion, Touch an Earthworm but Cockroaches just scare the living fück outta me. cry

The Craziest Of all them is Homophobia.grin I mean basically, It's Stùpid asfuck.

2 Likes

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2017
Somniphobia

Also known as hypnophobia, this is the abnormal fear of falling asleep. Oftentimes it can be the result of people feeling as though they are losing control and nightmares have been known to cause it as well.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2017
I have philophobia...

But who love epp? undecided
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by dollyjoy(f): 11:15am On Jan 06, 2017
I wonder how this topic is related to romanceundecided
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:16am On Jan 06, 2017
Heliophobia

In a sort of modern day vampirism, heliophobia is actually defined as fear of the sun. Although it sounds harmless, it can actually be quite serious and lead to vitamin D deficiency as a result of staying indoors.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by SFSNIPER(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2017
They only phobias I have are of girls who don't want sex on the first date, and girls who want fish on every date. What do we call that please? Yes, phobias for SKINNY GIRLS and girls who flash and ask for airtime when I call. I prefer you call or text then ask for the airtime.
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:17am On Jan 06, 2017
Chaetophobia

Although some people with chaetophobia only fear loose or detached hair, others can be terrified by the hairs on their very own bodies

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Arachibutyrophobia

Although you’ve probably heard this one thrown around, the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth is actually a made up phobia. It was first mentioned in the Peanuts comic strip and pop culture has run with it ever since.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2017
Haphephobia

Whatever you do just make sure you don’t get too close to anyone with haphephobia…it’s the fear of being touched.

1 Like

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Oikophobia

Imagine being scared of your toaster…and your oven, and your refrigerator, and every other household appliance you own. For people with oikophobia, c’est la vie.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2017
Phil phobiacry cry

Love made Romeo loose his precious life cry . Ain't in for that shiit undecided

1 Like

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Coulrophobia

Generally found in children, coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. Some phobias are just so sad

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2017
Aibohphobia

For those of you who don’t know, a palindrome is any word that is spelled the same both forwards and backwards. “Racecar” would be a good example. Aibohphobia is the fear of palindromes, which is intentionally a palindrome itself. This, however, is yet another made up phobia created by computer nerds in the early 80s.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2017
Neophobia

Generally found in the elderly, neophobia is classified as the fear of new things and in its milder form consists of an unwillingness to part with old habits.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:23am On Jan 06, 2017
Hylophobia

It’s the irrational fear of wood, forests, and trees and as with most of the phobias on this list it is often the result of some long forgotten traumatic experience such as being beaten with a piece of wood or attacked in a forest.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:23am On Jan 06, 2017
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

The longest town name in the world belongs to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in the United Kingdom and if you have hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia you might want to steer clear of that place. Why? Because you are afraid of long words. Seriously though, this is a joke phobia that often gets thrown around on the internet. There are no recorded cases…as of yet.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:24am On Jan 06, 2017
Decidophobia

While some of you may just be indecisive and apathetic, there are people out there who are genuinely terrified of making decisions, they are known as decidophobes.

1 Like

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:25am On Jan 06, 2017
Gephyrophobia

If you have this phobia just make sure you don’t live close to the river because you would probably be too scared to cross any of its bridges. Some cities, however, provide services where they will actually drive your car across the bridge for you.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:26am On Jan 06, 2017
Trypophobia

If looking at the picture to the left gives you chills then you may be a trypophobic, or someone scared of clustered holes usually found on various biological organisms

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:27am On Jan 06, 2017
One of the stranger phobias on this list, chronophobia is the fear of time passing. Not surprisingly it is often found mostly in prison inmates or the elderly but it can also occur in people who experience a lot of stress and anxiety.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:28am On Jan 06, 2017
Phagophobia

This one could truly be hard to live with. Phagophobia is the fear of swallowing and in some cases it can actually lead to weight loss and malnutrition.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:34am On Jan 06, 2017
Omphalophobia

Is it an innie or an outie? If you suffer from omphalophobia you probably don’t know and you don’t care because belly buttons terrify you.

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by RoyalBlak007: 11:35am On Jan 06, 2017
Phobophobia

It’s hard to believe but this is literally a phobia of phobias. If you managed to get through this list though, you’re probably in the clear on this one.

1 Like

Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by Twaci(f): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2017
Weird sad
Re: The 25 Strangest Phobias You Could Have by AfroMighty(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2017
What is the fear of mother chicken with chicks
This is the one I think I have

(1) (2) (Reply)

The First Day I Toast A Girl / A Man Caught His Wife Having Sex On Their Matrimonial Bed (photo) / When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.