Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? (1925 Views)

Genotype Wants To Ruin Me, But I Am Fighting Back / My Fiancée Is Pregnant For Me. We Both Have AS Genotype / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hello nairalanders! When is the best time to ask about your partner's genotype in a relationship? Someone suggested before even starting the relationship while someone else said like a month into the relationship.. What are your opinions?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by izzou(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
May 29

That's the best time
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Mimshel: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
One month
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2017
I always ask on the first date just to make conversation even though i am AA. The issue is not asking but going to the hospital for a test
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
funmisticqueen:
I always ask on the first date just to make conversation even though i am AA. The issue is not asking but going to the hospital for a test
did u just type "i always"?

how many dates have you had?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
Why wait until he/she becomes your partner before asking about his/her genotype?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Datingtips: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2017
It is strongly advised that you declare your genotype upfront and immediately before going into a marriage bound relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by hresso: 4:58pm On Apr 13, 2017
Msteew ..

If you or your partner has an inheritable genetic birth defect then you can worry about genotype.
Typing can't detect most mental illnesses and isn't a perfect science.

Marriage doesn't produce offspring, mating/sex does. I bet you guys ask every person you bang their genotype.. katikati! angry
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Michellla(f): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
when you are ready to take the Marriage leap.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Mimzyy(f): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
Before any form of fever starts to catch you in the name of love, please ask, it's very important so you don't allow love to cloud your sense of judgement.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-WRAf7m8cDeA/Uw0YESoxYNI/AAAAAAAAAC8/MpwEXOqtsdI/s1600/punnet%20square.png[/img]

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Mimzyy(f): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
mynd44 thanks smiley
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Mimzyy(f): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2017
What do you think you just said postedundecided

At emboldened, is that how you go banging every object that has a hole

hresso:
Msteew ..

If you or your partner has an [s]inheritable genetic birth defect then you can worry about genotype[/s].
[s]Typing can't detect most mental illnesses and isn't a perfect science[/s].

Marriage doesn't produce offspring, mating/sex does. I bet you guys ask every person you bang their genotype.. katikati! angry
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
hresso:
Msteew ..

If you or your partner has an inheritable genetic birth defect then you can worry about genotype.
Typing can't detect most mental illnesses and isn't a perfect science.

pls read wat u typed again cos I can't comprehend a single tin!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2017
2kaybiel:
did u just type "i always"?

how many dates have you had?
just 3, but the number of dates doesnt equal the number of relationships. E.g a blind date that eventually leads nowhere.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by hresso: 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
angry
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by hresso: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
cutiem:
pls read wat u typed again cos I can't comprehend a single tin!

Genotype does not define whether or not someone can marry the other person.

You understand?
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Mimzyy(f): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Get you facts right.

As long as your partner is AS and you are either AS or SS, then you should not be blinded by love thereby putting the unborn children at risks that could have been avoided in the first place. Just break up already.

hresso:

Genotype does not define whether or not someone can marry the other person.

In the western world, absolutely. There are no genetic restrictions on marriages. For one thing, [s]the sickle cell gene is pretty rare in most of the world[/s]. This is due to the fact that having a single recessive gene for sickle cell makes one less prone to malaria infection....

To be continued angry
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by hresso: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Royal rumble
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
funmisticqueen:
just 3, but the number of dates doesnt equal the number of relationships. E.g a blind date that eventually leads nowhere.
perhaps you made the blind date to lead nowhere with too much expectations which usually frustrate.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Martinscov(m): 7:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
5 `o clock is the best time
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
If you are AS, always ask immediately you start dating but if you are AA, no need for that.

#TeamAA
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2017
2kaybiel po
st=55543233:

perhaps you made the blind date to lead nowhere with too much expectations which usually frustrate.
i didnt say i went on a blind date, i only cited an example.
Re: When Is The Best Time To Ask About Your Partner's Genotype? by Frolic: 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
The period between the first date and I think he/she's the right one. That is before an affair metamorphosises into a commitment.

(1) (Reply)

Believe It Or Not, Half Of Men Do NOT Know Where The Vagina Is - Survey / Share Your First Experience Buying A Condom. / Please Married Men Should Kindly Own Up In This Romance Section.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.