Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

She Tried To Change Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Tried To Change Me (1820 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Rape Allegation: Lawyers Want Fatoyinbo Tried In Lagos / Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Tried To Change Me by pesty100(m): 8:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
There is this girl I like, i told her that am an Atheist, she was flabagasted at first then she tried preaching to me. But when I won't yield she changed the topic. After that instance i told her i liked her but then i didn't really get any affirmative response but then we are still talking and we were still like on good terms, But then i can't just get it out of my head that the only reason we are still talking is because she is hopeful that she would one day change me.
I just feel and i want her to want me for who and what i am. The thing is I have no problem with her being a Christian and all...
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Anas09: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
pesty100:
There is this girl I like, i told her that am an Atheist, she was flabagasted at first then she tried preaching to me. But when I won't yield she changed the topic. After that instance i told her i liked her but then i didn't really get any affirmative response but then we are still talking and we were still like on good terms, But then i can't just get it out of my head that the only reason we are still talking is because she is hopeful that she would one day change me.
I just feel and i want her to want me for who and what i am. The thing is I have no problem with her being a Christian and all...
First off, If she is a Christian she should not date you. Christians do not have sex outside of marriage. Secondly, What has Light got to do with Darkness?

She's just being human to keep a friendly disposition towards you.

If Christ lives in her, you are wasting your time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: She Tried To Change Me by delishpot: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dating or even marrying someone who doesn't hold dear all one considers important is risky. She may fear that you would restrict her in her religious life in future which is quite understandable. It is easier for a man to have his way in a relationship than the woman. Rsp in African homes.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

First off, If she is a Christian she should not date you. Christians do not have sex outside of marriage. Secondly, What has Light got to do with Darkness?

Please F off. where did he say anything about sex? Resist your urge to be an a-hole once in a while.

Anyway Op its unfortunate she feels that way but lots of christians and muslims too are like that, wont even date a theist from another religion. If you're serious about her best thing is to let her know she can't change you or you wont change her and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. You might get lucky and find a nice liberal christian/muslim etc girl or someone who doesnt really mind.

4 Likes

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Anas09: 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Please F off. where did he say anything about sex? Resist your urge to be an a-hole once in a while.

Anyway Op its unfortunate she feels that way but lots of christians and muslims too are like that, wont even date a theist from another religion. If you're serious about her best thing is to let her know she can't change you or you wont change her and if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. You might get lucky and find a nice liberal christian/muslim etc girl or someone who doesnt really mind.
Ogbolor, see slowness.
Shey he wants a Christian to play cheers game with?

@Op, What happened to witches and satanists? Don't you know they won't object? Wait, why can't u just look for atheist/Satanists already? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Tried To Change Me by hopefulLandlord: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

First off, If she is a Christian she should not date you. Christians do not have sex outside of marriage.

Nairaland 65:5

and when he's come to the thread he saw this post devoid of sense and intellect

Nairaland 65: 6

Hopefullandlord wept

9 Likes

Re: She Tried To Change Me by pesty100(m): 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

cool down... I haven't said anything about sex, Liking someone and wanting to be liked back isn't about sex. Remember not everyone is like you.

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by pesty100(m): 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
LightandDarkness:

thanks. Been struggling with letting go.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by pesty100(m): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

Ogbolor, see slowness.

@Op, What happened to witches and satanists? Don't you know they won't object? Wait, why can't u just look for atheist/Satanists already? grin
for someone like you I know it's hard been an a=hole. For the sake of humanity just try

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord wept
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

Ogbolor, see slowness.

And why not? Don't assume everyone has the same desires as you
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Anas09: 10:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
LightandDarkness:

And why not? Don't assume everyone has the same desires as you
My desire is to see everyone saved. But anyone who wants to remain obstinate in sin, but wants a Christian whom he will pull down, I say FIRE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Anas09: 10:34pm On Jan 07, 2017
pesty100:
for someone like you I know it's hard been an a=hole. For the sake of humanity just try
Go look for a sinner on her way to hellfire like you, leave Christians out of your filth.

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Anas09: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2017
pesty100:
cool down... I haven't said anything about sex, Liking someone and wanting to be liked back isn't about sex. Remember not everyone is like you.
Everyone is not like me who is Celibate you mean? Am a christian, so if your stupid mind is running wild, then sorry.

And, Sharrrap, Sinners don't like girls for liking sake.

3 Likes

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Superpower(m): 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2017
Anas09:

Everyone is not like me who is Celibate you mean? Am a christian, so if your stupid mind is running wild, then sorry.

are you o.k?

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Sibe007(m): 12:49am On Jan 08, 2017
Superpower:
are you o.k?

He obviously is not OK. Religious paranoia
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Sibe007(m): 12:52am On Jan 08, 2017
OP
I will say free her, or else you feel she is worth the stress, because, trust me, it will be hard work coping when the both of you are at odds in belief systems.

Or else you are willing to convert her to something closer to your belief system.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by oluwalfa: 1:45am On Jan 08, 2017
There's nothing wrong with sex, even between opposing beliefs

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:09am On Jan 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord wept

I respect good sarcasm.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:20am On Jan 08, 2017
Anas09:

Hmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: She Tried To Change Me by bennyann: 5:33am On Jan 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The first page of this thread is a comic relief.

But seriously, OP, if she's a devoted Christian just forget it.

There are some that are lukewarm and there are some that are very hot.

If it's the hot one just stay away, except you're ready to be refined or burnt by that fire. It depends on your motive behind playing with the fire, that will either refine you or burn you.

Anas09, I sight you.

Happy Sunday everyone.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by bennyann: 7:05am On Jan 08, 2017
Seun, sonofluc1fer, LiberaDeus, hopefullandlord, Ranchhoddas........ Make sure you all go to church today, please. wink
Re: She Tried To Change Me by randomperson: 7:10am On Jan 08, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord wept
FSM has really imbued u with wisdom with a touch of sarcasm... I dab for FSM grin

3 Likes

Re: She Tried To Change Me by Ranchhoddas: 7:26am On Jan 08, 2017
Hahaha.
hopefulLandlord:

Hopefullandlord wept
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Ranchhoddas: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2017
bennyann:
Seun, sonofluc1fer, LiberaDeus, hopefullandlord, Ranchhoddas........ Make sure you all go to church today, please. wink
I no get tithe and offering to give anybody. Na recession we dey.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by pesty100(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2017
bennyann:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The first page of this thread is a comic relief.

But seriously, OP, if she's a devoted Christian just forget it.

There are some that are lukewarm and there are some that are very hot.

If it's the hot one just stay away, except you're ready to be refined or burnt by that fire. It depends on your motive behind playing with the fire, that will either refine you or burn you.

Anas09, I sight you.

Happy Sunday everyone.
let the fire burn

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by bennyann: 11:46am On Jan 08, 2017
pesty100:
let the fire burn

Ok then, your choice. Good luck OP
Re: She Tried To Change Me by bennyann: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
I no get tithe and offering to give anybody. Na recession we dey.

cry must you have those before you go to church? Offerings are not compulsory you know?
Re: She Tried To Change Me by Ranchhoddas: 1:03pm On Jan 08, 2017
bennyann:

cry must you have those before you go to church? Offerings are not compulsory you know?
The pastor will be very angry. I don't want to incur his wrath.
Re: She Tried To Change Me by emmayayodeji(m): 1:45pm On Jan 08, 2017
Anas09:

he said he is an atheist , so he is a sinner to u grin grin stupid judgmental christians grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Tried To Change Me by bennyann: 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
The pastor will be very angry. I don't want to incur his wrath.

You don't go to church because of a pastor? embarassed

See your mouth. God help us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Experience 2018 "Jesus Our Peace" / Let The Bible Speak For Itself / Reply To "What Experience Have You Had That Made You Believe That God Is Real?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.