Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (57580 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Adebowale89(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:
e pain am.....truth hurts.

I asked simple QST imbe.cile. you can't continue like this....you're off point, if you need to know with your hasty generalization

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by frubben(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2017
Tex all dis people's ass
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by tosynho01(m): 9:02am On Jan 08, 2017
40kobo77:
Thieves all of them.

Who ever thought of this initiative is a genius. God bless you Buhari. All these criminal men of God, hand will still touch them. And the part of the law i love most, is the part that said the church headship cannot be transferred directly to relatives, if not so Adeboye and that criminal in Warri called Orisetjafor would have transferred the Church to their kids and Wife respectfully.

Thief. Ole. Barawo. the TRUE GOD don catch these THIEVES.

And all the MUMU wey dey donate to these criminals, if una quote me here, na OGUN go send SCUD MISSILE come meet una.

all of them na same thing
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:
This will affect nothing in some churches e.g. Christ Embassy. Pastor Chris is not the adminiatrative head of Christ Embassy whether in Nigeria or worldwide. He is the spiritual head.

Nevertheless, this government should be checked. They have started with adminatration and financing; they will soon attempt to regulate what, and where preaching is done by the churches. But the hand of God is against all such. And every tree which the Lord my God hath not planted shall be uprooted.

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by kels2much(m): 9:04am On Jan 08, 2017
tboyO2:
Greed will never make the likes of oyedepo,Chris oyakhilome, to Joshua, Lazarus mouka,ayo orisejafor ,to step down angry
Add urs too

I respect pastor kumuyi amongst all because of his humble lifestyle cool

#proudlycatholic#

Shut up your stupid and silly mouth all the people you have mentioned they are the founders and owners of their church and perhaps Adeboye is still the general overseer of the church he just handed over to someone to head the Nigeria branch so to speak. By the way is it by false to do like RCCG pattern it doesn't make RCCG better in any way or manner than the other churches who didn't do so

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 9:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Sibrah:
Any liberation that forbid people from quoting him on NL is bondage in disguise.
Well childish to say that, but I think he's trying to dissuade those who curse instead of making sensible comments.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 08, 2017
I actually do not know what to say on this issue but one thing that bothers me is that how come none of these so called men of God prophesied the changes in church leadership in Nigeria. Honestly, Africa type of christainty is a disgrace to the world

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2017
engrjacuzzi:

The Salvation Army is a Christian Protestant
church and international charitable
organisation structured in a quasi- military
fashion . The organisation reports a worldwide
membership of over 1.5 million, consisting
of soldiers, officers and adherents known as
Salvationists. Its founders Catherine and
William Booth sought to bring salvation to the
poor, destitute and hungry by meeting both
their "physical and spiritual needs". It is
present in 127 countries, running charity
shops , operating shelters for the homeless
and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to
developing countries . from the brief history of the Army, we have our General who occupies the position of G.O and such a General can't rule once he is above 60 years of age and serves his tenure.

The Salvation Army was founded by a husband and wife, William and Catherine Booth. Nairalanders, Note the words 'husband and wife.'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by suremanpatriot: 9:27am On Jan 08, 2017
WOW!!!!! WHAT A JOURNEY OF TREMENDOUS TRIUMPHS FOR ADEBOYES AND US ALL. THIS IS A MAN WITH THREE PHDs,YET HE IS EXCEPTIONALLY MEEK AND LEADS WITH EXEMPLARY HUMILITY PERSONIFIED NOT GLAMOURIZING HIMSELF OVER JESUS.

HALLELUYAH!!!; GOD BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE A GREAT MAN OF GOD, A GREAT SAGE ,A POWERFUL FORCE IN THE CHRISTENDOM.

NO BODY CAN STOP YOU SIR FROM THE POWERFUL WORKS YOU DO TOUCHING CHRISTIANS LIVES MEANINGFULLY AND GLOBALLY WITHOUT BARRIERS. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SIR.

7 Likes

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by KAYD007(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2017
masonkz:
The code was suspended by the Federal Government in same 2016 just weeks after being released. Are these people actually oblivious of that? Or just looking for excuses. If you wanna chage your leadership, then do it without bringing the code into it.

Same code would have revolutionised the various industries in Nigeria and not just the Not-for-profit.

There were reports on Saturday that the Federal Government had suspended the not-for-profit governance code of 2016. The human rights activist and lawyer explained that the law was suspended in relation to the public sector and not for organisations like churches and mosques.

come to think of it...why is the code being sighted as the reason behind the leader ship change considering the fact that....he took over as the G.O of the church from the founder of the Church,a Pa Josiah Akindayomi who handed over to him in 1981?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Sibrah: 9:40am On Jan 08, 2017
blueseacats:
Well childish to say that, but I think he's trying to dissuade those who curse instead of making sensible comments.
Stop switching monikers
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by saudyarmani(m): 9:44am On Jan 08, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by PRYCE01(m): 9:49am On Jan 08, 2017
modath:

This i agree with!!!

Don't start unnecessary chaos, was Buhari president in 2011 when the rule was made? Guess who had the mantle of leadership then ? Some people live for "Buhari wants to islamize Nigeria, they are also ignorant dolts who can't read!!! Na anoda thing we go begin hia allover.

The highlighted na hin sweet my mind pass.... Now they won't be able to pass the church down like heritage... other people's sorrow, blood & tears..

All these mummy & daddy crap...People worship them even more than the Eternal being.... My daddy is my progenitor or my father in heaven.... My pastor is my shepherd/guide , he isn't my Daddy!! Sorry not sorry! !!
undecided undecided
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2017
God2man:
Was it the Government that appointed them or God?
Most of these pastors are scheming , nepotic , greedy ego-drunk beings. God would never appoint such people to lead His flock.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by suremanpatriot: 9:55am On Jan 08, 2017
suremanpatriot:
WOW!!!!! WHAT A JOURNEY OF TREMENDOUS TRIUMPHS FOR ADEBOYES AND US ALL. THIS IS A MAN WITH THREE PHDs,YET HE IS EXCEPTIONALLY MEEK AND LEADS WITH EXEMPLARY HUMILITY PERSONIFIED NOT GLAMOURIZING HIMSELF OVER JESUS.

HALLELUYAH!!!; GOD BLESS PASTOR ADEBOYE A GREAT MAN OF GOD, A GREAT SAGE ,A POWERFUL FORCE IN THE CHRISTENDOM.

NO BODY CAN STOP YOU SIR FROM THE POWERFUL WORKS YOU DO TOUCHING CHRISTIANS LIVES MEANINGFULLY AND GLOBALLY WITHOUT BARRIERS. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY SIR.

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 9:56am On Jan 08, 2017
Finally, the churches are being demystified. Soon, we want to start hearing of pastors being tried in court if guilty of a crime or of negligence. No one is above the law.

Long Live President Muhammadu Buhari.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 08, 2017
mumels:

You are either ignorant or just plain confuse.
1. Am a yoruba guy and have never thought of giving whoever am dating Belle like you said before getting her married.

2. I thank God am not poor, but I won't say am rich either, Atleast am fortunate to have a father who has lots and lots of staffs, have never thought of fighting for his place after his retirement or whatsoever, I the baton falls on my hand, all well and good. Just incase you know every human has the selfish attitude to want what does not belongs to him or her.

3. If you talk about tribalism, its not just in the church, Nigerians are tribalistic. That's why we have so many problems in this country.

I could go on and on. So when judging a situation don't make a collective conclusion.

As much as I dislike Muslims not cos they are Muslims but cos of some of the their actions, I can still say the best relationship I have ever had with a lady was with a Muslim girl and I never regretted dating her, cos she was way more amazing than even some Christian girls I ever dated.

I think somebody like you is to refine to reply that scum. Leave him to his type, they are coming for him cool
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 10:03am On Jan 08, 2017
God2man:
Was it the Government that appointed them or God?

Are you insinuating that churches are above the law
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by modath(f): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2017
PRYCE01:
undecided undecided

Happy New year..Why the long face? Recession ko? Pele. smiley
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:07am On Jan 08, 2017
kels2much:

Shut up your stupid and silly mouth all the people you have mentioned they are the founders and owners of their church and perhaps Adeboye is still the general overseer of the church he just handed over to someone to head the Nigeria branch so to speak. By the way is it by false to do like RCCG pattern it doesn't make RCCG better in any way or manner than the other churches who didn't do so
The dude you quoted is right ; nobody owns a church - the church is Yahweh's. Any clergyman who lays claim to the ownership of Christ's body contends with God and he's a fool!

Apostle Paul and the early Christians helped establish churches but they never owned them. Read your conventional bible and other scriptural books. Be wise!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by nwamehn: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:
This will affect nothing in some churches e.g. Christ Embassy. Pastor Chris is not the adminiatrative head of Christ Embassy whether in Nigeria or worldwide. He is the spiritual head.

Nevertheless, this government should be checked. They have started with adminatration and financing; they will soon attempt to regulate what, and where preaching is done by the churches. But the hand of God is against all such. And every tree which the Lord my God hath not planted shall be uprooted.

Interesting! I never knew all along. So, do u know other churches in Nigeria whose general overseers aren't the administrative heads respectively, just like BLW?
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by PRYCE01(m): 10:09am On Jan 08, 2017
modath:

Happy New year..Why the long face? Recession ko? Pele. smiley

Happy New Year!

Why the long face? Dem my Daddies have been impeached nah grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2017
L0velyn:
jehova look down see what the world is turning into because of politics ..... cry angry

Government need to take their evil eyes away from the church of God, they didn't appoint them a leader but God did....

This is truly the sign of end time devil ruling the world .... God please help us all angry

You are very ignorant. These churches are not in heaven but within the territory of a country, and are expected to be governed by the constitution just like everyone else. The country has laws that everyone, even legit foreigners, must obey. If you think government should take their eyes away from churches, then government can as well withdraw securities from churches and treat them like aliens thereby suspending their fundamental human rights. The constitution does not provide fundamental human rights for aliens.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by uzolexis(f): 10:15am On Jan 08, 2017
signature2012:
Hope this won't cause uproar in some churches shocked shocked

So if a 70 year old is "too old" to lead a church, why do we have pple over 70 being President of our country.

They should apply this 70 yrs age limit to politics as well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by uzolexis(f): 10:16am On Jan 08, 2017
modath:

This i agree with!!!

Don't start unnecessary chaos, was Buhari president in 2011 when the rule was made? Guess who had the mantle of leadership then ? Some people live for "Buhari wants to islamize Nigeria, they are also ignorant dolts who can't read!!! Na anoda thing we go begin hia allover.

The highlighted na hin sweet my mind pass.... Now they won't be able to pass the church down like heritage... other people's sorrow, blood & tears..

All these mummy & daddy crap...People worship them even more than the Eternal being.... My daddy is my progenitor or my father in heaven.... My pastor is my shepherd/guide , he isn't my Daddy!! Sorry not sorry! !!

I wish the 70 years old age limit will also be applied to politics as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by modath(f): 10:18am On Jan 08, 2017
PRYCE01:

Happy New Year!

Why the long face? Dem my Daddies have been impeached nah grin grin grin cheesy

My church "daddy" is among them & e nor bother me....Make hin go rest, e don do... Church suppose get board of trustees administering finances not "daddy & mummy" inc solely....

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by uzolexis(f): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2017
psycho1:
And our president is eighty something years. smh

exactly my brother.
uzolexis:

I wish the 70 years old age limit will also be applied to politics as well.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2017
uzolexis:

So if a 70 year old is "too old" to lead a church, why do we have pple over 70 being President of our country.

They should apply this 70 yrs age limit to politics as well.

No one said "too old". 70 is the church's stipulated age of retirement. Let us always endeavor to read well.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by uzolexis(f): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2017
LordofNairaland:

No one said "too old". 70 is the church's stipulated age of retirement. Let us always endeavor to read well.

I read it well my friend, you should endeavour to understand as well. Apart from the church's stipulated age, the law also gives 70 as the age limit abi you didn't see that one. The "too old" is implied from the law that's why it is in quote.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Abbey2sam(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:
Why are these men all yoruba?

Does it mean God is with the yorubas more than any other tribe?

What baffles me most is the level of tribalism displayed by this particular even inside church. In redeem for instance, 95% of their main pastors are from this same tribe.

I was at winners chapel some years back and i sat close to a woman from south west mumbling to herself that ''they started this church first before it became popular''. It could be she was not given a post in that church.

Why are the southwesterners tribalistic in place of work? Once they head a particular branch they will pack their brothers, as long as you can speak ''wa, ekaaro, mo fe jeun''. Abandoning others to do the dirty jobs.

And they claimed to pray yet commit all manners of atrocities before God.

For instance, before a yoruba man will marry a woman he would have given her ''belle'' before the wedding. If not no wedding. And the wedding is a church wedding for that matter. Descrating the name of God and also ''defiling the marriage bed according to the Bible:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

mind you am not igbo neither am i from south east or south south.

Be warned.

So where are you from grin
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by LordOfNaira: 10:28am On Jan 08, 2017
uzolexis:

I read it well my friend, you should endeavour to understand as well. Apart from the church's stipulated age, the law also gives 70 as the age limit abi you didn't see that one. The "too old" is implied from the law that's why it is in quote.

Oh, my God.

The law gave 20 Years of leadership as the limit. So it is either you retire at 70 (the stipulated age of retirement for the church) or you retire before 70 provided you have been head of the church for 20 Years. Haba, it is not so hard to comprehend now.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by SHISUI(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2017
any my beloved FOURSQUARE can't be among.... Foursquare isn't indigenous to Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / Does Christianity Allow Sex Styles For Married Ones? / How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.