Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow (57579 Views)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Steps Down As COZA Pastor Pending Investigations / Rnv Curriculum:the Letter That Upset Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others In Pfn. / Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by histemple: 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
forap:
When government start to control and make decree on the 'church'... it was the other way round in the bible.

Please be reminded that the Christian bible is not the only history or religious book neither is it adopted as the constitution of any country yet.

There are over 4,000 religions in the world and most of them have their own guiding book.

BTW. The bible advised Christians to obey constituted authorities. Romans 13:1-7.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by jpphilips(m): 11:25pm On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:
This will affect nothing in some churches e.g. Christ Embassy. Pastor Chris is not the administrative head of Christ Embassy whether in Nigeria or worldwide. He is the spiritual head.

Nevertheless, this government should be checked. They have started with administration and financing; they will soon attempt to regulate what, and where preaching is done by the churches. But the hand of God is against all such. And every tree which the Lord my God hath not planted shall be uprooted.

Modified:
So these dounces that see nothing wrong with us having a 74 year old as president have the audacity to put an age limit for GOs?

So they would have rejected Moses as GO of Israel. Ok continu... God is watching

The law was made in 2011, was Buhari your president then?
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Ejembiisrael(m): 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2017
Your Points Are Clearly Stated Advice;be Careful With Your Words Wen Talking Abt Men Of God
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by forap(m): 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
histemple:

Please be reminded that the Christian bible is not the only history or religious book neither is it adopted as the constitution of any country yet.

There are over 4,000 religions in the world and most of them have their own guiding book.

BTW. The bible advised Christians to obey constituted authorities. Romans 13:1-7.

From Romans 13:1-7, an instance of how that applies is this: if government says a Church should not erect building in a country, a state, or a region without permit, then the church must abide by that. Like giving unto Caesar.... If the 'church' hasn't lost its power like of 'old', then government wouldn't be dictating to a 'church' how it should be run. Look through the old testament, it was the real men of God that told kings (even heathen kings)how things should be done. 'Men of God' of nowadays, they've lost that touch. Nigeria has been in problem for years, no solution from the 'church'. In the bible, solution always came from the Church. Even US, their breakthrough came from the Church.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 11:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
jpphilips:

The law was made in 2011, was Buhari your president then?

Okay but its in Buhari's time everything evil is activated ba?
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by viktuur(m): 11:34pm On Jan 08, 2017
tboyO2:
Greed will never make the likes of oyedepo,Chris oyakhilome, tb Joshua, Lazarus mouka,ayo orisejafor ,to step down angry
Add urs too

I respect pastor kumuyi amongst all because of his humble lifestyle cool

#proudlycatholic#
boss, i am catholic too, but Oyedepo has over 15yrs handed over the leadership of the Church in Nigeria to Bishop David Abioye, all Pastors in Nigeria report to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
forap:

From Romans 13:1-7, an instance of how that applies is this: if government says a Church should not erect building in a country, a state, or a region without permit, then the church must abide by that. Like giving unto Caesar.... If the 'church' hasn't lost its power like of 'old', then government wouldn't be dictating to a 'church' how it should be run. Look through the old testament, it was the real men of God that told kings (even heathen kings)how things should be done. 'Men of God' of nowadays, they've lost that touch. Nigeria has been in problem for years, no solution from the 'church'. In the bible, solution always came from the Church. Even US, their breakthrough came from the Church.

No solution from the church? With all what we have been through as a country we are still standing .... and you think its luck??

If God should open your eyes to see evils and calamities that have been averted because of the saints in this country, you will be grateful.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by forap(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2017
donnie:

No solution from the church? With all what we have been through as a country we are still standing .... and you think its luck??

If God should open your eyes to see evils and calamities that have been averted because of the saints in this country, you will be grateful.

Tell me just one system that is working as it should in this whole country that is 'standing'
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by domopps(m): 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2017
keypad1:
Why are these men all yoruba?

Does it mean God is with the yorubas more than any other tribe?

What baffles me most is the level of tribalism displayed by this particular even inside church. In redeem for instance, 95% of their main pastors are from this same tribe.

I was at winners chapel some years back and i sat close to a woman from south west mumbling to herself that ''they started this church first before it became popular''. It could be she was not given a post in that church.

Why are the southwesterners tribalistic in place of work? Once they head a particular branch they will pack their brothers, as long as you can speak ''wa, ekaaro, mo fe jeun''. Abandoning others to do the dirty jobs.

And they claimed to pray yet commit all manners of atrocities before God.

For instance, before a yoruba man will marry a woman he would have given her ''belle'' before the wedding. If not no wedding. And the wedding is a church wedding for that matter. Descrating the name of God and also ''defiling the marriage bed according to the Bible:

hmmmm......na wa oooo

mind you am not igbo neither am i from south east or south south.

Be warned.

This is south west it's that simple!

And I guess Mike okonkwo, Chris Okotie. Chris Oyakhilome and the likes are also Yoruba.........
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by MONITZ: 12:46am On Jan 09, 2017
uzolexis:

So if a 70 year old is "too old" to lead a church, why do we have pple over 70 being President of our country.

They should apply this 70 yrs age limit to politics as well.

I second this ur comment if it will possibly bring about some level of sanity and sincerity to the polity....

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by PastorAji(m): 4:25am On Jan 09, 2017
tboyO2:
Greed will never make the likes of oyedepo,Chris oyackhilome, tb Joshua, Lazarus mouka,ayo orisejafor ,to step down angry
Add urs too

I respect pastor kumuyi amongst all because of his humble lifestyle cool

#proudlycatholic#
please try to get a copy of THE MANDATE you can get it at any bookshop of winners Church
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by PastorAji(m): 4:41am On Jan 09, 2017
EVarn:
Amusing.We shall see whether I will have such power or not.Do not assume you know everyone tha crosses your path online.
As for the payment of religious taxes,it is only a matter of time; people give tithes,offerings and donations to churches,but what do they use it for?,they dont even pay their local pastors and workers well,most of them dont even build more churches with the money(instead,it is the local churches that pool meagre resources together to build their own local church after paying tithes and offerings,if not,they have to make do with rickety tapolene and bamboo stalls),they dont engage in corporate social responsibilities like building roads,schools,boreholes,and hospitals for free.
So,what is thier function?
winners chapel build churches by themselves and not members

Talking as an ex-staff
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by donnie(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2017
forap:

Tell me just one system that is working as it should in this whole country that is 'standing'

At least you recognize that we have systems. As for 'working', its you and I. Dont shift blame to the church.

If the church is doing well, the world should learn from it and not persecute it. Because if you provoke God to anger, there will be no country, talkless of systems.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by wirinet(m): 8:04am On Jan 09, 2017
Seun:
I'm not happy with this sort of thing. Private organizations should be free to structure themselves in the most efficient way. On the short term it may seem to be beneficial, because some fraudulent church leaders might be exposed, but it's a slippery slope that leads to a bad place imho.
The bolded are the keywords - private organisations. Religious bodies do not register as private organisations, but as non governmental organisations or or charity organisations. In theory all members of a religious body ( charity organisation) are supposed to have an input or at least know how their donations and contributions are utilised. That was the practice in my church when I was growing up. All members were aware of the church finances and what the donations were used for.
Now a days, I hear it is a taboo for a church member to walk up to their pastor or treasurer and demand to know the state of the church finances. The church donations are treated like the private funds of the G.O.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Justmeal: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2017
forap:

On point Bro. I have been thinking about it for long. The church has lost track. No power as of old, only mammon and 'mouth' are the bedrock now. May God raise His own army.
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by talk2saintify(m): 10:55am On Jan 09, 2017
TRIED4NOW:
It's a good thing that Adeboye is going. angry

Adeboye has been fooling us enough.
thank God someone has finally provided proof that Adeboye is a false teacher
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY

God forgive yhu

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by Martinez19(m): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2017
TRIED4NOW:
It's a good thing that Adeboye is going. angry

Adeboye has been fooling us enough.
thank God someone has finally provided proof that Adeboye is a false teacher
see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
adeboye, olukoya, kumuyi and oyedepo are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by suremanpatriot: 3:45am On Jul 09, 2017
nijanigga:

three Ph.D s from where? ignorance is a disease.
Martinez19:
adeboye, olukoya, kumuyi and oyedepo are thieves.

no bickering,just check his profile
Re: Adeboye Steps Down, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Kumuyi, Others To Follow by somtookeke(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
5 Prophecies Of 2020 From Adeboye, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Others

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/5-prophecies-of-2020-from-adeboye.html

LFC fitness latest ahead of Sheffield United clash

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/lfc-fitness-latest-ahead-of-sheffield.html

Google Doodle honours Amaka Igwe on 57th posthumous birthday

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/google-doodle-honours-amaka-igwe-on.html

Share, Comment, Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / Does Christianity Allow Sex Styles For Married Ones? / How To Spot A Bad Girl In Church (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.