Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,923 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? (7919 Views)

Poll: Who should keep the ring

The man: 62% (10 votes)
The woman: 37% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2009
A man and woman are engaged to be married,
The man propose to her with a nice expensive ring, but sad thing didn't work out.
Who should keep the ring?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by tanimz(f): 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2009
If he truly loves her, I guess she could keep it. But if he thinks it better to return it and get the money back. Either way
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
I think the woman shd keep the ring, cos it was a gift to her from the man.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
Unless the man says "keep it", the woman must return the ring. What if he proposes to the next girl, does that mean thousand of $ for another ring?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2009
It is not a gift. It's the symbol of a promise and when you fail to keep that promise it doesn't make sense to keep the ring.

Besides what does she want to do with the ring? Sell it or keep it as a memory of when she almost got married? The man might need it for the true woman he intends to marry.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2009
The woman should give it back.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

It is not a gift. It's the symbol of a promise and when you fail to keep that promise it doesn't make sense to keep the ring.

Besides what does she want to do with the ring? Sell it or keep it as a memory of when she almost got married? The man might need it for the true woman he intends to marry.

Either a promise or not, it is still a gift from the man to the woman to seal the promise, and cos the promise is broken doesnt mean that the gift is broken as well.
So i think the lady shd keep the ring, sell it if she wants and have fun with the money.
Next time, the man will think twice be4 popping the question, except if it was the fault of the babe that they break up sha
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

The woman should give it back.

Why?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by coolier(f): 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why?

The ring, no matter how expensive it is, is a symbol of their union and acceptance of their unity that no longer exists!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
coolier:

The ring, no matter how expensive it is, is a symbol of their union and acceptance of their unity that no longer exists!

The Union might no longer exist, but i still think the babe shd keep the ring, cos it was a gift to seal the union
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by coolier(f): 6:51pm On Nov 23, 2009
She should have the decency to return it!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why?

. . .because a promise was broken. A ring is more than a gift.  If it's just a gift, why should it be one-sided? Why can't women start giving these gifts too?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2009
It's not a gift Fhemmy. Gift are optionals but proposing without an engagement ring is also too cheap.

She has to return the ring or is she going to set up a collection? That'll the ultimate goal of a pathetic lady.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
coolier:

She should have the decency to return it!

Why is that?
stillwater:

. . .because a promise was broken. A ring is more than a gift.  If it's just a gift, why should it be one-sided? Why can't women start giving these gifts too?

Women do give gifts too, just not a ring.
So in a case of some people that tattooed their body as a promise of union, what would happen then? It is a gift, and the lady shd only give it back, if she want
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by iice(f): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2009
The man should keep it.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
f you tattooed a failed promise, then go and remove it.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

It's not a gift Fhemmy. Gift are optionals but proposing without an engagement ring is also too cheap.

She has to return the ring or is she going to set up a collection? That'll the ultimate goal of a pathetic lady.

Then, u think it is better for the man to propose with a kiss then, so there won't be any argument of who shd keep the kiss after the break up
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

f you tattooed a failed promise, then go and remove it.

Say the man paid to have the tattoo done on the babe, and now yawa don gas, who will pay for the removal?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 23, 2009
No. He proposes like it's normally done. If we get married, fine. If we don't, I'll return his ring. He can sell it and buy another one for his next fiancée.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Why is that?
Women do give gifts too, just not a ring.
So in a case of some people that tattooed their body as a promise of union, what would happen then? It is a gift, and the lady shd only give it back, if she want

Women do not give out engagement rings now.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
She should pay. Did the man force her to get the tattoo? You are trying to justify your opinion, but you keep coming up with different cases. A ring is not the same thing as a tattoo.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

No. He proposes like it's normally done. If we get married, fine. If we don't, I'll return his ring. He can sell it and buy another one for his next fiancée.

So if you get married and divorce, then, u give him back all the rings?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2009
stillwater:

Women do not give out engagement rings now.

Haven't u heard f where the woman will give the man the money to buy the ring for her?
So who shd keep that?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

She should pay. Did the man force her to get the tattoo? You are trying to justify your opinion, but you keep coming up with different cases. A ring is not the same thing as a tattoo.

That is so not right.
The man propose to the babe and they decided to go tattooed the man's name on her ass, and now they broke up, the lady shd pay for the removal and yet you dont think the woman shd keep the ring, if it was done with a ring?
Now u see what i mean, when i said, it was a gift?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
There is no comparison with marriage. These are 2 people who lived together, work together and took care of each other. Even though the man bought the rings, the woman must have contributed far more than what that ring was worth.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

There is no comparison with marriage. These are 2 people who lived together, work together and took care of each other. Even though the man bought the rings, the woman must have contributed far more than what that ring was worth.

habbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Ok, let us twist it then, so you mean it is ok for the woman to keep the ring, if the man and the woman were already live-in lover?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

That is so not right.
The man propose to the babe and they decided to go tattooed the man's name on her ass, and now they broke up, the lady shd pay for the removal and yet you dont think the woman shd keep the ring, if it was done with a ring?
Now u see what i mean, when i said, it was a gift?

She can go to court and ask the man to refund the money, but them the judge will ask: did he force you to tattoo the name on your ass? In the case of a ring, just like I get rid of the tattoo when our engagement is broken, I also get rid of the ring and send it back to the owner.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

habbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Ok, let us twist it then, so you mean it is ok for the woman to keep the ring, if the man and the woman were already live-in lover?

Even when the two cohabitated, it's still a matter of decency to return the ring.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2009
I dont agree with you at all.
Mind you i am a man oh, but i think the ring belongs to the woman, cos i see it as a gift to seal the union and the promise.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
michelin89:

Even when the two cohabitated, it's still a matter of decency to return the ring.

has nothing to do with being decent, it has to do with the fact that, it was a gift, as far as Fhemmmy is concerned.
See the poll and see how many people think the woman shd keep the ring
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Haven't u heard f where the woman will give the man the money to buy the ring for her?
So who shd keep that?

I don't know. They should sort out their own mishap. I'd rather he tied strings together than for me to pay for my engagement ring. And that's like a one in a thousand cases. We are talking about when a man buys the ring.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2009
It's just 3 to 1. Chill bobo! cool

Sorry but I have my own ways. I had male friends who bought me gifts and now that we aren't in good terms anymore, I have problems wearing those earrings and necklaces. If I could I'd gladly return them but they told me they didn't want them back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? / Married Men: Share Your Bitter Marriage Experience / What Or Who Influences Your Critical Decisions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.