Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:46 PM

Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? (7764 Views)

Poll: Who should keep the ring

The man: 62% (10 votes)
The woman: 37% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

My Engagement aω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ Wedding Pictures / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by abbeyemmy(f): 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
i doesnt makeany sense keepn d ring it wl only bring back sad memories 2 d lady, erturn it 2 d owner let him do whatever he want 2 do with it afterall u didnt ask for d ring he gave it 2 u so if things are not walkn wel give it back 2 him
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
abbeyemmy:

i doesnt makeany sense keepn d ring it wl only bring back sad memories 2 d lady, erturn it 2 d owner let him do whatever he want 2 do with it afterall u didnt ask for d ring he gave it 2 u so if things are not walkn wel give it back 2 him

Life is what u make of it, u will get sad memory if yu wanna, regardless.
However, u dont have to keep the ring, just sell it.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by abbeyemmy(f): 11:01am On Nov 28, 2009
and use d money 4 what?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
abbeyemmy:

and use d money 4 what?

Use the money to host her friends and you never know a friend could bring a cuter guy . . .
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by bananagirl: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
d man shud keep it.cos he does d proposing.d woman is on d recievng end.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
bananagirl:

d man shud keep it.cos he does d proposing.d woman is on d recievng end.

Yes th woman was on receiving end, but it was a gift
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by german007(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
ssn:

For those of u who want to register/incorporate a company at the Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja Nigeria, call me: 08037517860, 098743811. E-mail me: smilestreamsnigeria@yahoo.com
1. Business Names (Partnerships, Small Scale Enterprises, Schools, One Man Business): Fee = #10,500.
2. Limited Company of 500,000 shares = #45,000. Limited Company of 1million shares: Fee = #55,000.
3. Trustees (N.G.Os, Churches, Foundations, Clubs, Associations, Charities, Initiatives, etc) : Fee = #85,000.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
You send 2 Proposed Company Names for Approval through SMS or E-mail. I key them in via the Availability System in the Corporate Affairs Commission. They are checked in the Content Pinnacle Availability Name Searches. If "available", one of the names will be approved for you. If not, that means someone else has registered the name you desire/want. Then, you furnish another 2 names till one is approved. Then, you pay into our account (Acc. Name: Smile Streams Ltd. Acc. Number: 6011365489. Bank: Zenith Bank Plc. Branch: 63 Usuma Street, Maitama District, Abuja, Nigeria) or to my individual acc. Acc. Name: Charles Ngwoke. Acc. Number: 4014527496. Bank: Zenith Bank Plc) - or if you are in Abuja, you come down to Maitama (C.A.C) Office at the back of Raw Materials, near N.Y.S.C Headquarters or FCT High Court or Nigerian Communications Commission or after Transcorp Hilton, or come to Bannex Plaza, Vom Section, Suite A. 38, Wuse 2 to meet me.
I process it and deliver to you in Abuja, Lagos, P.H, Kano, Enugu, etc and outside Nigeria. Those in Lagos, P.H, Enugu, Kano, etc send money to my account and receive your DEEDS/PARCELS/DOCUMENTS/CERTIFICATES through Chisco, Ekesson, Ifex, Peace, Tradeways, DHL, UPS , Speedpost Courier Services. Timeline for processing/registrations : 2 weeks if the Approval of Names goes through at the first entry.
I served in C.A.C in my NYSC and I’m helping people. Ask questions, conduct background checks and u will see what other greedy Lawyers will tell you are the fees. I attend Living Faith Church. I don’t cheat people. I can help you incorporate/register your company/N.G.O. Click here to see what we do in our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=info&ref=ts&id=1803001375
You just click on the link so as to see us in detail. You just click on "Add Smile Streams Consulting as a friend" so that you can view us. Till I hear from you. It is better you register your company and start making things happen instead of waiting and looking for jobs here and there. Nigeria can only be great if we start up businesses instead of bemoaning Government, the climate, ourselves, politicians, and foreigners. Take control of your life. Draft your own script.

Are you for real?, lol

This is literally the worst, objectionable, putrefiable, reprehensible , niquitous and weird off poster Iv ever come across.

What does engagement ring have to do with opening a company?. Did you read the topic by any chance, Phewwwww
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
german007:

Are you for real?, lol

This is literally the worst, objectionable, putrefiable, reprehensible , niquitous and weird off poster Iv ever come across.

What does engagement ring have to do with opening a company?. Did you read the topic by any chance, Phewwwww

Don't quote spams or your posts might get deleted along with them, when cleaning takes place. smiley
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
The spammer is on cheap paraga
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by german007(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
chaircover:

I don hear new English wey I go borrow use abuse the next okada rider on a death wish on the oshodi - Mile 2 expressway wink

hahahahahahaahah abeg oh , noh use am for the okada oh, the guy go thing say nah incantations you dey recite for am, he fit tear u slap in return, lol

Il put it down to me being in one of my shakespearan moments when I wrote that hun, lol
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2009
german007:

hahahahahahaahah abeg oh , noh use am for the okada oh, the guy go thing say nah incantations you dey recite for am, he fit tear u slap in return, lol

Il put it down to me being in one of my shakespearan moments when I wrote that hun, lol

U too much oh.
The man and his german machines
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by tRoOE(f): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2009
Off course am keeping d damn ring, for all the time ve wasted on him
Might pawn it or turn it into a pendant cool
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by abbeyemmy(f): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
always check d topic u re posting or replying, what does eng ring got 2 do wt reg of a company e be like say u just start ds ur lawyer work and u want make am sharp sharp u try sha but if i need 2 reg a company i know how 2 find a lawyer. May GOD help u. ds is not 4 advert go 2 nta or radio stations 4 ur advert
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
tRoOE:

ole!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2009
Either of them will be unhappy holding the ring.
Do you people know how it fills to loss a loved one?
My contribution is that the Guy should sell the
ring and use part of the money for some bottles becus
keeping it to gave it out again to another girl will
keep remaining him about the previous girl and that
will always distract his attention.

For the girl she shld 4get about the ring wat will she use it for,
is it to tell people that she was once engaged or wat?
when she is no longer engage then wat is she suppose to be doing wit
engagement ring. Bone'am jo
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by brooklyn99: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
CAN I PLEASE GET MY RING BACK, U EFFING BIYAAACTH!!!! angry
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 3:20am On Dec 02, 2009
tRoOE:

You are one of the few honest one that we have around here, cos all these ladies that are saying they will return it, i so much doubt it, besides, would they go the guy's house to give it back, or will they throw it at him, i gbadun you jare.
obiksam:

Either of them will be unhappy holding the ring.
Do you people know how it fills to loss a loved one?
My contribution is that the Guy should sell the
ring and use part of the money for some bottles becus
keeping it to gave it out again to another girl will
keep remaining him about the previous girl and that
will always distract his attention.

For the girl she shld 4get about the ring wat will she use it for,
is it to tell people that she was once engaged or wat?
when she is no longer engage then wat is she suppose to be doing wit
engagement ring. Bone'am jo

We know it will be painful, however, someone needs to make money from that thing, and i think it shd be the woman.
brooklyn99:

What u wanna do with the ring? cheap man
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by na2day2(m): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2009
brooklyn99:

one up sir! wink wink wink
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2009
Even gift they don't gave to even talk of costly engagement ring
my woman that i'm seriously in love for over a year and half now and i have not cheated on her for once
have not even bought me common toothbrush upon all the money that i use to wire on her account
every month end. They don't always have that is their problem and that is why men deal with them.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by abbeyemmy(f): 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2009
its a gd one bt u spoilt it by saying he shd sell it & use d money 4 some bottles, what will happen after d effect of alcohol leave him he wont remember d sad event again? i think we shd do our best 2 save our relationships.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by wyrta4me: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
anybody should please send me his or r own copy of NYSC exemption letter , i need it for the new job i just got . my school told me my own is not ready yet , and i cant afford to lose this last one . please if u have it u can send me a copy to darktank2000@yahoo.com .thanks
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by german007(m): 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
MY PERSON VIEWPOINT.

Whoever ended the relationship/engagement must forfeit the ring.    Now this is not a case of  "engagement ended on mutual agreement".    For an engagement to end, It must have been caused by something drastic.   E.g cheating.

If I cheat on my partner and she wants to end our engagement because of that, then I loose the ring. Period.

Regards
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by abbeyemmy(f): 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
so u want 2 be a cheat
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by german007(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2009
abbeyemmy:

so u want 2 be a cheat

Did you read through my post in detail before asking the above question?.  Im in a happt relationship.   Besides this isnt about me.  Learn to stick to the topic at and rather than asking acrimonious questions.

Regards
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by brooklyn99: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ fhemmy :ahhh, im cheap cus i want back the payment for a job she didnt complete? i'm cheap cus i want back a (probably) $20,000 ring. yes lemme be cheap; GIMME BACK MY FREAKN RING, HO!!! angry. someone's gotta keep the ring u say? what if the slut cheated on me?
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2009
brooklyn99:

@ fhemmy :ahhh, im cheap cus i want back the payment for a job she didnt complete? i'm cheap cus i want back a (probably) $20,000 ring. yes lemme be cheap; GIMME BACK MY FREAKN RING, HO!!! angry. someone's gotta keep the ring u say? what if the slut cheated on me?

Pally, no need to use those kinda language for a woman.
Yes, yuo are cheap, cos she never begged you for the ring, you love her and think she is the one and gave her a ring to show how much you love her and that made it a gift, so it is her and you cant take it back.
She has paid for the ring by you keeping her awake at night grin
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by brooklyn99: 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
fhemmy, ure being silly. i dont 'love' her, i 'loved' her. the ring is not a gift as u say, the ring is 'full frontal payment' for the impending execution of a project. if the job is not completed to due satisfation, i get my dough back. GIMME MY RING, U bleeping SLUT!!!!
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
brooklyn99:

fhemmy, ure being silly. i dont 'love' her, i 'loved' her. the ring is not a gift as u say, the ring is 'full frontal payment' for the impending execution of a project. if the job is not completed to due satisfation, i get my dough back. GIMME MY RING, U bleeping SLUT!!!!

impending ko, pendant ni . . . . . .the ring belong to her, chikena
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by dfkay: 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2009
Its a personal choice. Either can decide to keep the ring
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by obiksam(m): 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2009
fhemmy, Pls define gift and engagement for me.
Re: Broken Engagement: Who Should Get The Ring? by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2009
obiksam:

fhemmy, Pls define gift and engagement for me.
Gifts: Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation

engagement: The act of engaging or the state of being engaged. Betrothal. , Definition: pledge to marry

So with this definition, how has the ring differ from it being a gift to the woman to seal a promise to marry?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should parents support teenage relationship for their kids? - Final / Why Do Wives Find It Difficult To Be In Subjection To Their Husbands.— / Her Body Count Almost Destroyed Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.