Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? (17559 Views)

Where Was God Coming From Before HE Started Creation? / Where Was God During Joker's/James Holmes Massacre / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven?i Just Want To Be Englightened. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by banom(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2009
mr.official:

You said why do we run to God for everything, I know you have a father and you run to your father whenever you need his assistance despite he's your father,he's suppose to know all your needs,God said ask and it shall be given unto you.so the people of Rwanda forgot to ask God and God left them, if a child thinks he is wise enough to take care of himself his father will leave him alone.

I don't think there is anything that someone will tell you here that you will not defy.

You can keep whining. I'm done with you.

OK.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Hanoobaba(m): 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2009
Why are some people so stupid? This is a matter of simple english. The poster asked a simple question, 'where was god during the Rwandan genocide?' It's as simple as ABC, if god truely exist, where was he.
Let's just assume someone stole a meat inside the nairaland pot of stew and my prime suspect happens to be tpia. Then I asked her this question 'tpia, if you didn't steal the meat, who do you think stole it?' does my question mean i'm saying tpia isn't the thief. Definately not. Why don't you guys just answer the question rather than just beating around the bush.
Where was he?
Taking a nap?
Dancing yahooze?
Banging a beautiful angel?
Or may be he was boozing at the heavenly bar.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by banom(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Let's just assume someone stole a meat inside the nairaland pot of stew and my prime suspect happens to be tpia. Then I asked her this question 'tpia, if you didn't steal the meat, who do you think stole it?' does my question mean i'm saying tpia isn't the thief.

I did not see the bolded in red, i am off for a lunch.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by mrofficial(m): 3:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Why are some people so stupid? This is a matter of simple english. The poster asked a simple question, 'where was god during the Rwandan genocide?' It's as simple as ABC, if god truely exist, where was he.
Let's just assume someone stole a meat inside the nairaland pot of stew and my prime suspect happens to be tpia. Then I asked her this question 'tpia, if you didn't steal the meat, who do you think stole it?' does my question mean i'm saying tpia isn't the thief. Definately not. Why don't you guys just answer the question rather than just beating around the bush.
Where was he?
Taking a nap?
Dancing yahooze?
Banging a beautiful angel?
Or may be he was boozing at the heavenly bar.

Ode, did you look at the poster's nick?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by mrofficial(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2009
banom:

So you can type anoda thing apart from "OK"

I thank God for you.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by banom(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2009
mr.official:

OK.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Hanoobaba(m): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2009
mr.official:

Don't let me call you an idiot. Wait a minute chelsea has a match today, so that explain all the post in blue. Didn't the bible say by their works you shall know the stupid supporters of chelsea.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Hanoobaba(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
banom:

Mr Banom you are not a man. What on earth can she do other than to come here and start her normal rantings that everyone knows her for. She will understand that I was only trying to make a point. (Thank God I didn't mention anyone's name) grin . Have your lunch in peace.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Czarskit(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
GOD was watching men do what cheesy grin they feel is right - FellowSlaughter-You guys stole the power of freewill remember?. . .
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by banom(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Mr Banom you are not a man. What on earth can she do other than to come here and start her normal rantings that everyone knows her for. She will understand that I was only trying to make a point. (Thank God I didn't mention anyone's name) grin . Have your lunch in peace.

Ok.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Kay17: 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
alethiea n co are mere products of childhood indoctrination. thats why its is impossible for them to produce logically sound arguments proving the existence of their God. other species of this kind are muslims, hindus, pagans. they individually are strongly convicted that their religion is the one and only, poor minds. sad
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by aletheia(m): 9:06pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Kay17
Kay 17:

alethiea n co are mere products of childhood indoctrination. thats why its is impossible for them to produce logically sound arguments proving the existence of their God. other species of this kind are muslims, hindus, pagans. they individually are strongly convicted that their religion is the one and only, poor minds. sad

Really? Give me a break. Atheism is the refuge of those who cannot grapple with the tough questions of life. I flirted with atheism when I was about 14 or 15 yrs and even then I realized what an unsustainable proposition it was considering the weight of evidence against it.
You asked Where was God During The Rwandan Genocide? I have given an answer in an earlier post "He was present". Instead of presenting your arguments as to the flaws in that answer, you retreat to the accusation of childhood indoctrination. I believe you are being intellectually dishonest, deliberately muddying the waters of this discourse because you really have no logically sound rebuttal to that answer. Only a dogma to which you are emotionally attached.
Consider this point Mr "Atheist": An atheist, to be consistently assured that his belief is accurate, must also claim to be omniscient, for there always exists the possibility of the existence of God outside his knowledge". Respond to that. It seems all the atheists on this forum have been deviously avoiding this point which I raised earlier.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by aletheia(m): 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Tudor
Tudór:

This was the only part of your post relevant to this thread the rest were needless distractions i.e off topic.

If you claim there is a phone answering being who is merciful, loving, all powerful, ominiscient, perfect and ominipresent and then 1 million innocent and helpless pple including women and kids call out to that being with not so much as a whisper then my man, SUCH A BEING DOES NOT EXIST.

If I tell you there's a hairy goat on the moon who answers prayers for free and you and your entire family in time of mortal peril call out to the moon goat and no reply, what would be your conclusion if not no such goat exists.

1. Did you read what you wrote above? And to think I thought you had an intelligent and logical reason for rejecting God. I begin to see that your atheism is based on emotions rather than a logical basis. I repeat: "If I refuse to answer your phone calls, does it prove my non-existence?" The obvious answer to that is NO. I think you have a flawed understanding of logic. And also a flawed understanding of the nature of God.
2. Perhaps the second part of your reply reveals your reasons for embracing atheism. God didn't answer your prayers in a time of mortal peril. Ergo, He doesn't exist. You prove my point that atheism is the refuge of those who can not tackle the problems of life.
3. If you would take time to read my earlier posts, you will realize I 'd already given an answer to where God was; "He was present". Why don't you respond to that, instead of going on and on about "distractions". You asked a question. I am entitled to examine the assumptions that underlie that question. And here is one of them: "The question itself is based on a value judgement. Thousands of people died in horrendous circumstances but in what way is their death different from that of say, my grandfather (who died peacefully in his bed). The fact is that all humans; atheists and non-atheists die. What makes one death worse or better than the next? The atheist might as well ask where was God when my grandfather died? That the "atheist" asks this question shows he realizes there is something not right with the Rwandan Genocide. On the basis of what does he make that call?" Can you please respond to this.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2009
aletheia:

@Tudor
1. Did you read what you wrote above? And to think I thought you had an intelligent and logical reason for rejecting God. I begin to see that your atheism is based on emotions rather than a logical basis. I repeat: "If I refuse to answer your phone calls, does it prove my non-existence?" The obvious answer to that is NO. I think you have a flawed understanding of logic. And also a flawed understanding of the nature of God.
2. Perhaps the second part of your reply reveals your reasons for embracing atheism. God didn't answer your prayers in a time of mortal peril. Ergo, He doesn't exist. You prove my point that atheism is the refuge of those who can not tackle the problems of life.
3. If you would take time to read my earlier posts, you will realize I 'd already given an answer to where God was; "He was present". Why don't you respond to that, instead of going on and on about "distractions". You asked a question. I am entitled to examine the assumptions that underlie that question. And here is one of them: "The question itself is based on a value judgement. Thousands of people died in horrendous circumstances but in what way is their death different from that of say, my grandfather (who died peacefully in his bed). The fact is that all humans; atheists and non-atheists die. What makes one death worse or better than the next? The atheist might as well ask where was God when my grandfather died? That the "atheist" asks this question shows he realizes there is something not right with the Rwandan Genocide. On the basis of what does he make that call?" Can you please respond to this.

This is just brilliant. I comp[letely agree with you that this thread has proved that Tudor has absolutely no rational basis for his atheism.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2009
aletheia: The fact is that all humans; atheists and non-atheists die. What makes one death worse or better than the next? The atheist might as well ask where was God when my grandfather died? That the "atheist" asks this question shows he realizes there is something not right with the Rwandan Genocide. On the basis of what does he make that call?" Can you please respond to this.
Again I quote the relevant part to the thread others are meaningless, irrelevant and downright senseless so i'll ignore them.

1. You never answered the question as to why God didn't save the lives 1 million victims who prayed to him rather all you did was speak about eternal life. .are you now saying God will never intervene to save a physical life?

2. Your grandfather wasn't burnt alive or butchered in a church was he? Horrendous is the keyword another is Helpless.
Infact it don't matter. . .didn't the lord say call me in times of trouble and I shall answer?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by bimbusky: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2009
very funny
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by DeepSight(m): 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2009
aletheia:

"If I refuse to answer your phone calls, does it prove my non-existence?"

Aletheia; You have trounced Tudor with the single line above.

It is compound and absolute: he cannot reason his way out of this one.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2009
aletheia:

@Tudor
1. Did you read what you wrote above? And to think I thought you had an intelligent and logical reason for rejecting God. I begin to see that your atheism is based on emotions rather than a logical basis.  I repeat: "If I refuse to answer your phone calls, does it prove my non-existence?" The obvious answer to that is NO. I think you have a flawed understanding of logic. And also a flawed understanding of the nature of God.

That is a far fetched analogy you can't use such analogy to explain god's existence. Nature of God is suppose to be different from the nature of humans. I can say maybe you are dead or in jail, that's why you refused to answer my call. That analogy is flawed

Also someone dying has nothing to do with the Gods. It's time people get an understanding of what God is and not the religion explanation of God.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
aletheia:

@Kay17
Really? Give me a break. Atheism is the refuge of those who cannot grapple with the tough questions of life.
I couldn't help but laugh hysterically at this. . . Eh, what are the tough questions of life atheism provides the perfect succour for?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by manmustwac(m): 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2009
Well Pastor AIO was right about something that he said in a previous thread that he opened Religion dose make u stupid
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by bimbusky: 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ Tudor, Atheist and the others, am sure you think that saying there is no God or ridiculing those who believe in him somehow makes you look cool and intelligent. the answer is sorry! it doesnt. it just makes most of us feel sorry for you.

like many have already said, let me say again.  God was there when Hitler was killing the Jews, he was there when Taylor was cutting off childrens arms and he was there when you were breaking the hearts of those beautiful girls. the point is, he doenst save promiscuously. if you believe in him and call on him, he will save you.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2009
Deep Sight:

This is just brilliant. I comp[letely agree with you that this thread has proved that Tudor has absolutely no rational basis for his atheism.
Not like I give a damn what you think but there are MANY reasons I chose atheism and This just happens to be one.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 29, 2009
bimbusky:

@ Tudor, Atheist and the others, am sure you think that saying there is no God or ridiculing those who believe in him somehow makes you look cool and intelligent. the answer is sorry! it doesnt. it just makes most of us feel sorry for you.

like many have already said, let me say again.  God was there when Hitler was killing the Jews, he was there when Taylor was cutting off childrens arms and he was there when you were breaking the hearts of those beautiful girls. the point is, he doenst save promiscuously. if you believe in him and call on him, he will save you.

Your God is an egocentric sadist, then.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2009
bimbusky:
@ Tudor, Atheist and the others, am sure you think that saying there is no God or ridiculing those who believe in him somehow makes you look cool and intelligent. the answer is sorry! it doesnt. it just makes most of us feel sorry for you

Another off topic rant. . . I wonder why its so difficult for these peeps to stay on topic without boring us with pathetic attempts at psycho-analysis of the atheist mind.

like many have already said, let me say again. God was there when Hitler was killing the Jews, he was there when Taylor was cutting off childrens arms and he was there when you were breaking the hearts of those beautiful girls. the point is, he doenst save promiscuously. if you believe in him and call on him, he will save you.

Now that is the promise!

Do you know how many of the victims were killed and burnt alive in churches? They believed, they called why was there no answer? Could it be because there's nobody listening?
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by bimbusky: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2009
Your God is an egocentric sadist, then.

@michelin89,

call him what you want. you say it is being egocentric, i say it is being self repecting.

you cant expect to flaunt every one of his rules, resregard him, disrespect him, align with him enemies and then whenever its convenient for you, even without asking him have him flying down like an attention starved superhero and smothering you with kisses. he has general good that he showers on all humans. but if you want special goodness, youve got to call on him man.

to expect otherwise is to be unrealistic and actually be egocentric
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by bimbusky: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
Tudor et al.

really i aint got the time to get all polemical with you guys, but look, one day, when you get to your wits ends and you realise you need salvation, if you can get humble enough to call on the name of jesus and actually believe in him to save you, he will save you.

message delivered. aint got time for much more. outta here. peace.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by aletheia(m): 11:14pm On Nov 29, 2009
Tudór:

Again I quote the relevant part to the thread others are meaningless, irrelevant and downright senseless so i'll ignore them.

1. You never answered the question as to why God didn't save the lives 1 million victims who prayed to him rather all you did was speak about eternal life. .are you now saying God will never intervene to save a physical life?

2. Your grandfather wasn't burnt alive or butchered in a church was he? Horrendous is the keyword another is Helpless.
Infact it don't matter. . .didn't the lord say call me in times of trouble and I shall answer?

Poor Tudor, you are tying yourself up in contradictions. Now you are telling about a God you don't believe in.
1. Your question was Where was God? Learn to communicate better. Did you mean to ask Why He didn't prevent the killings?
2.Again I ask you, on what basis did you decide that my grandfather's death is less horrendous than the genocide. Examine the assumptions that underlie your question.
3. You obviously cannot deal with the fact that if I choose not to answer your call. It does not prove my non-existence
4. I maintain that your atheism is based on emotions not fact.
5. If you can not stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Like I told you yesterday, there's no need to be condescending or retreat into bombast when you obviously have no reply to points raised by those you disagree with.
6. Again you like all other atheists in this forum fail to address this point: An atheist, to be consistently assured that his belief is accurate, must also claim to be omniscient, for there always exists the possibility of the existence of God outside his knowledge"
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by whiteroses(f): 11:16pm On Nov 29, 2009
athiest are the people that have failed themselves in life and got angry at God instead and they revolt and their creator its like a prisoner versus the whole world
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2009

1. Your question was Where was God? Learn to communicate better. Did you mean to ask Why He didn't prevent the killings?

Well everybody who answered this thread apart from YOU recognised that as what is implied by the question. . .poor you.
3. You obviously cannot deal with the fact that if I choose not to answer your call. It does not prove my non-existence

Does that in anyway prove your existence too?

6. Again you like all other atheists in this forum fail to address this point: An atheist, to be consistently assured that his belief is accurate, must also claim to be omniscient, for there always exists the possibility of the existence of God outside his knowledge"
The same way we have to be ominiscient to rule out the possibility of floating testicles two galaxies away right?

Fact is its the theist who make the positive claim as to there being God out there. . . Onus is on YOU to prove it and we all know how that has NEVER happened.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Tudor6(f): 11:57pm On Nov 29, 2009
2.Again I ask you, on what basis did you decide that my grandfather's death is less horrendous than the genocide. Examine the assumptions that underlie your question.
This is terrible. . .YOU yourself said your grandfather died a peaceful death and YOU again used the word Horrendous to qualify the death rwandan victims so asking ME what criteria I use is really absurd.

I simply pointed out the words you used and put them side by side and the difference was as clear as day.
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by dogmafree(m): 5:39am On Nov 30, 2009
Man created GOD in his own image. You should all learn from history. Every civilization has created one form of god or the other. Why are there thousands of gods out there? And give me one good reason why your god is better than any of the other gods? I challenge you all to at least learn the history of religions and not just have blind faith by following your parents religion. If you can easily dismiss other religions, then why not yours?

http://www.godchecker.com/
Re: Where Was God During The Rwandan Genocide ? by Jaylone(m): 10:11am On Nov 30, 2009
He was weeping and buying time as to when He will pour his judgement on man. Mind you there is a time for everything. THERE IS A TIME FOR JUDGEMENT.

So no matter what man does with his freewill and then turn around to ask where GOD is, when the time of reckoning shall come ACCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

END Of SEARCH - Matrix Decoded / Drop Your Prayer Point Here. / Are Jews Going To Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.