Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,110 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! (11936 Views)

25 Quotes From Blogging Experts At West Africa Bloggers Conference / Nigeria's First Email Service Naij.com / Weather Nigeria: First Local Weather App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by ohisng(m): 8:41am On Nov 28, 2009
Hiya,
anytime u are ready, i am more than ready
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by DualCore1: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2009
ohisng:

Hiya,
anytime u are ready, i am more than ready
Na u we dey wait naw,
The money!! cool

K, now it seems we are waiting for somebody or some people. Who are we waiting for please?
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by DualCore1: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2009
angry
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by mrperfect(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
Let hope this holds
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by manny4life(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
What we use at work and has turned out to be great is WebEX. They are very good and for a small fee depending on the number of attendees, its worth it. However, they have other few good ones. Also people who use Vista home premium like mine has virtual meeting assistance which is very good so if 50 people has it, you just invite them via email or other source and there you go. Have used it a couple of time not often but great. A topic suggestion for Nairaland attendees would be "The way forward; how do we start"
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:07am On Dec 02, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry angry

why do we always get un-solicited marketing blips each time a serious post comes up.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by mrperfect(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2009
lagerwhenindoubt:

angry angry angry angry angry angry

why do we always get un-solicited marketing blips each time a serious post comes up.
Because they guess this is thread where people will be heading to.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by yawatide(f): 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2009
yeah bade, that's a little below the belt. The way you communicate can determine if the person you are addressing will move mountains for you or sit back and watch you choke to death wink

Anyways, sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded your complaint to seun, the owner of the forum and hopefully, he will get back to us all soonest.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by sayhi2ay(m): 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2009
since this is some sort of round table meeting, why rule out web session? so much for being a "web" conference
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by mambenanje(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2009
ooh this is am amazing event. would love to attend. please a website should be hosted about this or maybe event profile created somewhere. facebook or any other site hosting free event management. I would like to follow the feeds. cos I rarely visit nairaland
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by hezz: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2009
Good Idea Guys!!!!!!
As a Web guy this is a good idea!
we can come together, plan, then decide what we want to do to strengthen the web dev. community in naija.
We could decide to use the money for charity,
And we'll get sponsors too when they know what we do is benefitial to the society.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by badesemowo(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
@yawatide, I believe in free speech too , but I only spoke publicly because I could not find any other way. I am usually a silent observer and hate it too when people post off topic.

So may I please, beg you again to delete my last 3 posts (including this one) before I'm labelled a nuisance.

Ps: I still can't / don't know how to PM you.
PPS: We still have not solved the mystery of my missing posts about Joomla Day.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by yawatide(f): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
bade:
I will leave your last post alone until the issue is resolved, which I think it is, pending your verification (post #19). PM has been disabled for regular members, to the best of my knowledge, for a while now. You can email me if you want at yawatide at yahoo dot com

good luck with the conference!
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by badesemowo(m): 5:16am On Dec 04, 2009
@yawatide . Thanks on both counts . Hope you d be around ?
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by mobere(m): 9:17am On Dec 04, 2009
ITS A COOL DEVELOPMENT.IT WILL BE COOL TO BE THERE.let me do the traffic for you send a email with your phone number/ur name to dinternetinformat@gmail.com for more info!
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by transformR: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
Who is going to develop the site for this virtual meeting?
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by yawatide(f): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2009
bade:
Unfortunately, I am out of the country at the moment and won't be back till January.  Maybe next time.  Sorry.

Do give us an update though. It would be appreciated.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by histechs(m): 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
Nice idea i am really interested
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by askphantom(m): 11:22pm On Dec 04, 2009
ok Guys i propose we meet on yahoo chat and iron out if this conference would hold.

I propose

Date: Friday 11th December 2009
Time: 10pm (Night runs)(Nigerian time)
Venue : Yahoo chat. (Name of room would be announced by tueday.)

Moderator: open.

So all of una wey dey make mouth about being interested. let me know what you think. Am waiting.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by DualCore1: 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
I have a better meeting ground for this. I've got a site running a php/ajax chat engine where I use for meetings.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2009
I can hopefully attend sha, since i reside in lagos city. I think we have a couple of lagos folks on this board
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by jeshurun07: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
ok, tuesday then let's really talk abt this
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by teebla(m): 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
good idea
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by otoidea(m): 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
another good idea,  only fear is the execution

plus i dont think an online meeting would be as productive if y'all r looking at this on a large scale,

grab a venue,

grab a sponsor. mtn,eti,glo etc sponsor stuff tht barely do jack to their image. they all lookin 4 sumn other than music to put money into.

get organized and it would be a great success

the frst might nt be as massive but it would surely pick

look at initiatives like the future awards,
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by danteweb: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
Apparently, it seems the idea of a conference of this sort holding is not only a good idea but that it's long overdue as nearly every poster has shown interest. Only thing is that the way forward needs to be ironed out.

I would like to propose a line of action to get this thing started as soon as possible.

1. We need to create an event on facebook and add admins. Anyone who's interested in volunteering would indicate on the wall and would be added as an admin. Meanwhile anyone can take up the initiative to create this page and post the link here.

2. Buy a domain name and web hosting (anybody wants to sponsor this)

3. We need to set the agenda, detailing - proposed key speakers (all subject to decision on the facebook page), breakout sessions and topics, panelists and topics, proposed guest industry experts (e.g microsoft, interswitch, chams , just my thoughts, ); Proposed venue, proposed date , etc,

4. We need to get the website up and running (someone can volunteer designing)

5. Get the word out!

, wait a minute hasn't this been done before

anyways, way forward would be to create the facebook event page.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by DualCore1: 9:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
danteweb:

2. Buy a domain name and web hosting (anybody wants to sponsor this

This meeting will most likely be held in Lagos, I wont be able to attend but I can give my little still. I can provide the domain and hosting.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by otoidea(m): 11:06pm On Dec 07, 2009
dual beat me to that
ur processor must really b firin on all threads grin
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by DualCore1: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2009
LoL, Well there's one mo' thing I think you might like. Check item 4.
Re: Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! by jave005: 9:50am On Dec 08, 2009
Hello House,

I want to design my own web page but i do not know a jack about it.
Need a little help from any and all guru.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 5 Blog In Nigeria For Latest Free Browsing Cheats. / Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There" / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.