Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

On Vacation: New York City - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / On Vacation: New York City (212229 Views)

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days / 5 Things Most Nigerians Do On Vacation Abroad / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On A Plane En Route New York - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2017
1Rebel:
Originalsly, you should stop giving that pidggin2 fellow attention. You should banish her firmly from your thread just as franknetter did. He/she/it tends to be silly most times. Rebuke that foolishness strongly and it would flee from your thread.
Open forum... from comments we can learn about people and their mindset .... in this case ... how desperation to travel abroad can lead to a high level of envy of those who have. Should you get a visa. .. keep it hush-hush since such people would have no problem adding sniper to your Fanta.

25 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2017
Pidgin2:

Are you not aware that one can get these pictures from Google and even take a tour around New York on YouTube?
Ogini? Carry your bitterness away from here joor, that was how you derailed Franknetter American thread. Do you have issues with those going abroad? No one is asking for your opinion, if you love Nigeria, stay. Abi dem force you to go amrica?(in jenifa's voice). Leave it for people who enjoy the thread and keep your opinion to yourself.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Electroweb(m): 2:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
@ originalsly,
I have to hail you sha. No b small money you don spend. I was in New Jersey last year. I know how much i spend. I stayed in a self catering hotel (no family there). From NJ went to New York by bus (Port Authority). There is no way you will visit such places and not be overwhelmed with admiration at the way things work, that is if you didnt grow in the US. At the Port Authority terminal in New York there is free wifi. I was skeptical about connecting to it. You know say awoof dy run belle. I later connected sha. I just dey browse. Meanwhile i just read yesterday that there is free wifi in our BRT buses in Lagos, am yet to confirm that ( i guess we are making progress, imagine if the governor was not enlightened.) My own pictures from New York and Atlanta has my face showing so I will not upload them just like you.
I was in Atlanta too. I experienced vehicular traffic there o! Its not funny when the taxi meter is counting and you are caught in traffic. Additinal 10 mins na money o! I have two pictures from CNN center in Atlanta. One of the offices with The people working in the background. If you pay small money you can tour some places there. A lot goes into what we see finally on the CNN. This type of education cannot be read in books.
This life na once. Na wetin bird chop he dey fly with for belle.

Modified on 6th May 2018
I feel I should edit this my post because of a wrong assumption. Just want to correct my assumption. Originalsly has already told me to take life easy . I am working on that. Hey! thats why I even travelled in the first place. cheesy

Originalsly seems to be based in the US all along and did not travel from Nigeria to go on vacation to the US as I assumed. So his spending is not like someone that travels from Nigeria for that purpose.

Shalom.

24 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by FrankNetter(m): 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Ogini? Carry your bitterness away from here joor, that was how you derailed Franknetter American thread. Do you have issues with those going abroad? No one is asking for your opinion, if you love Nigeria, stay. Abi dem force you to go amrica?(in jenifa's voice). Leave it for people who enjoy the thread and keep your opinion to yourself.

Thank God I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Originalsly baba, nice thread o! Your boy is loyal o grin

19 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Toppytek(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
Electroweb:
@ originalsly,
I A lot goes into what we see finally on the CNN.

when is our NTA gonna look this fascinating?.. we are still far far behind.. walai
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Prettiepearlz(f): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
FrankNetter:

Thank God I'm not the only one who has noticed this.

Originalsly baba, nice thread o! Your boy is loyal o grin
Although I was a silent follower of your thread, I noticed all her negativity and she killed the fun for me due to her utterances, there were too many argument, and now she came here again to rant. As usual, some good citizens just like to shove their opinions down your throat like you asked for it. People should learn to keep their opinions to themselves especially when no one asked for it.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modragon(m): 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Although I was a silent follower of your thread, I noticed all her negativity and she killed the fun for me because due to her utterances, there was too much argument, and now she came here again to rant. As usual, some good citizens just like to shove their opinions down your throat like you asked for it. People should learn to keep their opinions to themselves especially when no one asked for it.

Hello pearl hows you?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modragon(m): 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Although I was a silent follower of your thread, I noticed all her negativity and she killed the fun for me because due to her utterances, there was too much argument, and now she came here again to rant. As usual, some good citizens just like to shove their opinions down your throat like you asked for it. People should learn to keep their opinions to themselves especially when no one asked for it.

Hello pearl
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:41am On Apr 20, 2017
Modragon:

Hello pearl hows you?
Very well, thank you. You?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:35am On Apr 20, 2017
NYC.... Brooklyn. ...Gateway Mall... too sprawling for my ehmmm..... Techno! ...in background... housing development under construction.

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 20, 2017
Toppytek:

when is our NTA gonna look this fascinating?.. we are still far far behind.. walai

Yes, you are far behind because America is over 150 years your senior in age
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Modragon(m): 6:51am On Apr 20, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Very well, thank you. You?

Am okay....sent u a pm
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
NYC......UPS Parcel Lockers... on sidewalk.. in da hood! Wouldn't be at home to receive parcel?... can be addressed to locker in your area!

5 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2017
NYC... dedicated to the ones who believe their calling is to be a DJ... or producer... or big time siger/rapper.... why depend on others when you can do you?...at home?...just delivered by USPS.... US equivalent of NIPOST.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by skitkid2(m): 8:34am On Apr 21, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC... dedicated to the ones who believe their calling is to be a DJ... or producer... or big time siger/rapper.... why depend on others when you can do you?...at home?...just delivered by USPS.... US equivalent of NIPOST.
Bro, How much for the maschine?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Davidson5(m): 10:33am On Apr 21, 2017
Originalsly:
NYC...have papers?...don't have job?....NYC hiring 'icemen' to clear snow and ice from bus stops, ramps to side walks, foot paths, etc. ...$15 per hour. . $22.50 /hr overtime.... grab it before the snow melts! Below...... 'Icemen' freeing city vehicle.
what if you don't have papers i mean an illegal immigrant can they work also?
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2017
NYC...Harlem.... subway system...train (lights) moving from above street level to below ground.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2017
NYC..... Harlem. ..huge Condo/Apartment complex.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2017
Don't forget to tour upstate New York. Do have a wonderful stay.

1 Like

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Malayy(m): 9:24am On Apr 23, 2017
thia pidgin2 of a thing. from franknetter thread to one ' life for immigrants in canada' thread. jumping from thread to thread, spitting hateful comments..

9 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
iRyan:
Don't forget to tour upstate New York. Do have a wonderful stay.
Too quiet!...I'm too used to hearing people and traffic around me 24/7.... get uneasy when it gets quiet... feel like something is about to go down!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
Originalsly:
Too quiet!...I'm too used to hearing people and traffic around me 24/7.... get uneasy when it gets quiet... feel like something is about to go down!
haha I live in New Rochelle and boy I just love the quiescence.
Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:17am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC... Brooklyn... browsing n price checking in the Mall! ...dedicated to the deep pockets! Ralph Lauren Polo Shirt. .. $98... (not good at Math to give Naira equiv.).....True Religion tee shirt... $79...and yes...see black wire thru sleeve and neck?...security with alarm! I know my levels...had to keep it moving!

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:27am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC...more from the Mall... dedicated to the ladies who can afford ehmmm..... world famous sugar bowl covers. ... Victoria's Secret Pink.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:36am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC....more mall madness!....non name brand footwear with led lights in the sole... steady or flashing...kids/adults!...stores.....lounge.

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 2:48am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC...New York State Labour Law....read for yourself!... then dream about when such laws can be enforced locally!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:13am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC.... the handicapped.... out and about!.... laws make it possible for them to travel around on their own.... in wheelchair?...can get on city buses or in taxis without getting out of the wheelchair.... while we are busy hiding away our handicapped.

16 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:19am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn.... Brooklyn...main Public Library... several more but smaller ones generally within walking distance from wherever you live. On right....entrance to Brooklyn's largest park...Prospect Park. Flatbush Ave... separating Prospect Park on the right...Brooklyn Botanical Garden on the left...like 800 m.... absolutely no buildings...no one lives around here but yet...cars are parked here....in 'high crime Brooklyn!.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:30am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC.... part of NYC College campus..Harlem....

2 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:40am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC.... part of NYC College campus..Harlem....the first building is oldddd!...guess built in early 1900s....it's stone...not concrete blocks.

3 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 4:47am On Apr 24, 2017
NYC..Brooklyn business district/Downtown Brooklyn....shopping center...Fulton Street .The Apostle store recently shut down...think bankrupt.. can't keep up..

4 Likes

Re: On Vacation: New York City by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
NYC...Brooklyn...guy being arrested for selling on sidewalk. He wasn't even done setting up !

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (53) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.