Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships (29117 Views)

All About Relationships / How True Can This Be About Relationships? / To All Guys That Read This And Pay Close Attention About Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Smilaz: 11:13pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ok
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by obiorathesubtle: 11:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
importexpert:

if dad thinks in your way, you will not be here now. bro get married and give birth to our future president and keep that your saving money thing aside cheesy

The females I see these days aren't my type..

can't start over..

1 Like

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2017
importexpert:

bro congratulations. you have successfully proven that you need urgent attention cheesy. if you believe mom truly loves you without seeing it and playing with it, why do you want to play with that of others before believing them cheesy?

Lol...that's a different kind of love. If your mum suddenly says she loves you, you'll be like: "love you too mom." But if Estharfabian says the same, you'll be like: "Wait, what?" And prolly run away. So you see....
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by SafeDavid(m): 11:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
importexpert:

yes. it is that decision that keeps couples married for over 5 decades and not just love cheesy

Point 2 also reminds ne of people who always jump right to the next best thing only to get disappointed over and over again in an endless cycle all in the name of moving on.

Such people hardly stay married.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Philinho(m): 11:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
hahaha...i remember when a woman is my place married 2ru picture. oh my God.d day she met d man, it was d people around that saved her from committing suicide. ugly man. Thank God she endured
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by vedah: 11:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
Relationships these days are just too stressful!
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by dabrightt: 11:30pm On Jan 13, 2017
Gflat:
I don't like doing this but that third comment guy above me is a dreamer! cheesy
Before you start making demands on the type of woman you desire or before you start complaining about being forced to marry a girl, have you even asked yourself if any lady wants a guy like you? lipsrsealed grin

These boys need to stop watching soap opera it is affecting their sixth sense. Forcing you on a girl. Women have suffered grin

@ Op, Don't contradict yourself Mr!

relationship is all about love. You can't be in a relationship with someone you don't love.

Number 5. This is a warning to all ladies Don't date broke boys, you will suffer. I promise you. Broke boys are not worth it. Run my sister run!

Bonus point Of your boyfriend is into MMM dump him before he use you to GH/PH lipsrsealed
I smell OL*SHO

1 Like

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by dabrightt: 11:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
tomdon:

Abeg epp me ansk am ooo. Lol
birds of the same feathers
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by dabrightt: 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
Damfostopper:
Jan : Manutd vs Hull

Jan 22: Chelsea vs HULL

Jan 26: HULL vs Man United

Feb 1: Man United vs HULL

Feb 4: HULL vs Liverpool

Feb 11: Arsenal vs HULL

Wickedness
If FA no longer need Hull they should say it clear rather than doing this
Na only u waka come
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by BlessedHay(m): 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
importexpert:
in need of a concrete and legitimate source of online income in 2017? Affiliate marketing is the way forward. i will show 10 lucky Nairalanders my strategies at www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html
thanks boss, i applaud you, well i will copy dix and paste on my facebook for someone to see, read and digest, can i have Yur email Plx? Or Yur number so we could chat on whatsapp, my number is on my signature, thanks
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Johnsown1(m): 12:31am On Jan 14, 2017
Most nigerian gals do not know what relationship is. Many of them sees it as a bisnes venture inwhich their financial obligations has to be settled and pay back with sex.
I wish they can wake up from their sleeps and face the reality.
There is no need for a single like me going into a relationship by inwhich ma partner will not add meanings to ma life.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 14, 2017
On point for the most part
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by sirfee(m): 1:08am On Jan 14, 2017
Love is just too complex to understand,that's why I'm afraid to fall in love.You must be romantic,emotional,caring,bla bla bla.

1 Like

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by lohresloco: 1:55am On Jan 14, 2017
The last should be, if I give you Belle, e nor mean say I must marry you....
importexpert:
Many relationships of today are short lived because singles do not have correct mindset about relationship. If a person’s mindset is wrong, no conditions will ever be favorable for a lasting relationship. Below are seven wrong mindsets that people have today.

1. There is a Mr. or Miss Right for everyone

Fact: There is nothing like Mr. Right or Miss Right. What we call the right person is simply the person with whom we feel we are compatible. The thought that there is a right person tends to make singles put the success of a relationship on the incoming partner. Anybody can be your Mr. Right if both of you will only work on being a Right partner.

2. Relationship is about love

Fact: Relationship is more than a feeling. It is a decision. Feelings are temporal. They can vanish at any point in time. At such times, it is the decision to love your partner regardless that counts. And that decision has to be reinforced each day.

3. Mindset: A perfect relationship does not have problems

Fact: If you are having problems with your relationship, then you should be happy that you both are being real and there is no pretense. This enables the two of you to work on accommodating your differences. If you always quit relationships because of problems, you will most likely opt for divorce in future.

4. You can start a relationship anytime you have the feeling

Fact: It is better you do not rush in to any relationship if you want something that would last. We use approximately 15 years of our lives in school to prepare us to earn income. We spend weeks and months preparing for competitions. Shouldn’t you take some time to prepare yourself for a relationship? A relationship is more than what you should jump in to.

5. Your potential partner should be able to satisfy your needs

Fact: Even though it is important that needs of both parties are met, if your desire is to primarily get someone to meet your needs, you are not ready for a relationship. The important question is, what value can you add to your partner? Relationships that last have the partners looking out first for each other rather than themselves. It’s called selflessness.

6. Expecting a relationship to lead to marriage

Fact: While it is a good aim that relationships should lead to marriage, it is not always so. Having that mindset will put unnecessary pressure on you during dating and make you do things out of desperation. And you know one thing about desperation? It never ends well. Hope your relationship lead to marriage but don’t try to force it. ladies i understand that menopause is knocking but force and desperation will not solve the problem. just allow the wify material in you to reflect and hope it leads to marriage.

7. Everybody is doing it.

Fact: A lot of singles have ventured in to relationships because everyone seemed to be doing it. They do so because they could not handle the pressure of being different. Hasty move in to a relationship will make you prone to speedy break up. . Do not let anyone rush you. If you are not ready yet, take your time. Life is not necessarily about who did it first but about who did it well.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by nonjebose(m): 2:55am On Jan 14, 2017
Mr importexpert, your points are very good and correct. Well done from someone that hardly commend articles similar to this should count for something
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 14, 2017
dingbang:
cool

Forcing me to marry a girl is d worst mistake someone can ever make... Just as its d decision of God almighty alone to determine whether rapture will hold now or not, same way its my decision to marry a girl ...
What if your family likes the lady and expects you to marry her? Will you go against them, knowing fully well that they might not welcome d lady your heart beats for?
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Smithycool(m): 4:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Please allow me grin grin

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by dingbang(m): 6:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Nma27:
What if your family likes the lady and expects you to marry her? Will you go against them, knowing fully well that they might not welcome d lady your heart beats for?
they willl marry her ooo... My mum especially knows what I can do ... So she has no option Dan to yield..
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by SavageGarden(m): 6:23am On Jan 14, 2017
dingbang:
cool

Forcing me to marry a girl is d worst mistake someone can ever make... Just as its d decision of God almighty alone to determine whether rapture will hold now or not, same way its my decision to marry a girl ...

Haha can't you people stop being fools and blind pupils? Rapture? You really buy that .shiit man with all the brain in your head..your father's all of 'em hoped on rapture from you imaginary God..when will it ever come?? All this for a Jew who died 2 thousand fucking years ago..Haha
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by dingbang(m): 6:25am On Jan 14, 2017
SavageGarden:

Haha can't you people stop being fools and blind pupils? Rapture? You really but that shit man with all the brain in your head..your father's all of 'em hoped on rapture from you imaginary God..when will it ever come?? All this for a Jew who died 2 thousand fucking years ago..Haha
Jesus loves you bro. More than you can ever think of..
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by SavageGarden(m): 6:42am On Jan 14, 2017
dingbang:
Jesus loves you bro. More than you can ever think of..
Jesus never existed Bro! There's no Love to give! Where is the love in your life, where is his love in the lives of the many hungry and drained refugees in Bornu State? Is his love selective now or it has always been? You need to come out of your delusion Bro! You are being lied to. Use your brain; it doesn't hurt.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by irumanle(m): 6:43am On Jan 14, 2017
Heavance:
That number 2 ehn....
Ever wondered why love just vanishes at some point in the relationship, you try to ask what happened to you, but you just can't figure it out, and it's not as if you are seeing someone else...... then you realize the pressure and hustle of life is just the cause.
The simple thing is, it gets to the point when guys realize we don't just settle down because of love, so many factors come into play.
The lady's career, mindset towards the work ahead, what is she adding to the union, is she the kind that can stand with you when you are broke, a lot just keeps coming to mind.
That's where balancing comes into play ahead of love
Exact situation i'm facing right now.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 14, 2017
Dating a guy who is broke is a bargin cause most broke dudes do not end up with the lady who suffered with them, when they hammer and sophisticated ladies start falling for him then you end up not to bin Good enough for him.

Sometimes they just marry you cause you where there for him when he had no money something like a pity marriage.

Truth is money changes people when broke dudes eventually hammer they want to enjoy all the things they missed when they had no money.

Everything the op said its true. Sometimes it is good to start from friendship before dating it helps too

1 Like

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 14, 2017
Johnsown1:
Most nigerian gals do not know what relationship is. Many of them sees it as a bisnes venture inwhich their financial obligations has to be settled and pay back with sex.
I wish they can wake up from their sleeps and face the reality.
There is no need for a single like me going into a relationship by inwhich ma partner will not add meanings to ma life.

But if your sister is to marry dangote's son you wont be saying this. It is a duty for a man to take care of his woman men these days are just becoming lazy.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Ibj50(m): 7:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Alondra:
You point 2 is contradicting. Your decision to love your partner regardless.... You are indirectly suggesting relationship is about Love which is true. A relationship based on anything other than love is like a paper in the wind.

Point6. Intentions should be cleared to avoid contentions. Relationships should be defined. A lady or Man who is matured enough and is ready to settle down shouldn't be in relationship with one who is not. At a point in a person's life, there is an expectation of relationship leading to marriage.

Nice thread by the way smiley
alondra, i see you always smiling, keep smiling
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 14, 2017
Ibj50:
alondra, i see you always smiling, keep smiling
smiley
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Ibj50(m): 8:16am On Jan 14, 2017
Alondra:
smiley
there you go again
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Johnsown1(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2017
Justnora:

But if your sister is to marry dangote's son you wont be saying this. It is a duty for a man to take care of his woman men these days are just becoming lazy.
Men are not becoming lazy dear, is just that ur gals uses them as a financial reservoire,which is not good for a lasting healthy relationship, am talken from exprience, what u gals are after this days is give me this give me that,

And don't u think that is a duty of a lady is to take care of his man, Dangote son is a human not a bank,

Sometimes i wonders if gals of this our generation have dreams apart from thinking about sex and reproducing.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Heavance(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2017
irumanle:
Exact situation i'm facing right now.
My brother, its not as easy as they portray it to be.
Love alone can't do it all, as many ladies think.....
A lot must make it balance before you ask her the question.
Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Heavance(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2017
Johnsown1:

And don't u think that is a duty of a lady is to take care of his man, Dangote son is a human not a bank,

Sometimes i wonders if gals of this our generation have dreams apart from thinking about sex and reproducing.
You just nailed it....
Is it that ladies don't have any kind of dream these days?
You see them watch a guy proposing on Instagram daily, and keep wasting data on wedding post, and pre-wedding photos (that seem to be all their dreams) No wonder many see marriage as an achievement.
They can take eternity to prepare for wedding day and they won't ever prepare for life of marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Wrong Mindsets Singles Have About Relationships by Johnsown1(m): 8:48am On Jan 14, 2017
Heavance:

You just nailed it....
Is it that ladies don't have any kind of dream these days?
You see them watch a guy proposing on Instagram daily, and keep wasting data on wedding post, and pre-wedding photos (that seem to be all their dreams) No wonder many see marriage as an achievement.
They can take eternity to prepare for wedding day and they won't ever prepare for life of marriage

It hurts me so bad ma brother, they don't think of the future,the only future they see is sex. They don't know that she can start doing something tangible to help to the man if his biznes fails.

The reasons why some homes fail is cos the ladies spends 3hours making up,2hours in the bathroom,11hours sleeping. So tell me what they can do with the remaining Hours?

Gossips,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Every Girl Should Marry A Nigerian Man / Is Break Up Sex Okay? / Cruel Things Women Do To Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.