Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,264 members, 7,807,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" (31925 Views)

He Proposed Publicly, She Said YES, The Main Boyfriend Showed Up, This Happened / Yes I Will Marry You!! Its Time To Propose, U Need This! / And She Finally Said Yes! I Am Off The Market Ladies (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Pavore9: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hmm..
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
lanicky:
Good afternoon lalasticlala

If you are still single and not yet married, its best not to give advise, the only people who are qualified to speak are those that have done atleast 20 years in the institution.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by lanicky(f): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
Tell this to those aunties that are above forty and still single
I have come to realize that a great number of those who come on nairaland to bring down lists of what and what not to do in a relationship are not even old enough to be in one. They are mostly kids who just want to make Frontpage

you're entitled to your opinion smiley

Good afternoon.
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Pavore9: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hmm..singles giving advice on marriage.
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by lanicky(f): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
L0velyn:
nice one lanicky ...tat blood test is really important, fck love and save your unborn children from future problem embarassed

kiss
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by lanicky(f): 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
franklingud:
Happy new year lanicky. Nice write up.

Thanks dear. kiss
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by lanicky(f): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
amodu:
Since you're well abreast about what it takes, let's journey together cheesy...two hearts can become one.

Lanicky /grin Amodu

We have to go for a blood test first grin
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by osolee(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
lanicky:

We have to go for a blood test first grin
undecided
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by refiner(f): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2017
Martin124:
me I nor know ooO tell us abeg

Lol...tell u what? undecided
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by chineloSA(f): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

If you are still single and not yet married, its best not to give advise, the only people who are qualified to speak are those that have done atleast 20 years in the institution.

Very true.

Singles have no idea what goes on on a daily basis. All is just her perception. Given an the shoes, she will never even wear them for just a good two months.

So, Miss Nairaland makes her a pundit of marriages.smh. undecided

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by ksstroud: 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
ok cheesy cheesy
Bros sorry for digression..
What is happening to Jumia now? Pay on delivery is not opting for me over some weeks...
Can you help?
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by ossuofia1: 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Who marriage epp?

That thing is a scam.

Never get married. Best advice ever.
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Ekakamba: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
lanicky:
Many people are so carried away by hustling and bustling of marriage... They are so in love with the idea of happily ever after..that they forget that if proper care is not taken, their marriage might not end up being the bed of rose they've been dreaming of.

You see them upload pre wedding pictures taken in Atlanta, Dubai or beautiful places in Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong o.. I'm not saying you shouldn't get married or take unique pre-wedding pics.. But there are some things you should consider before going to the marriage alter.

Make them marriage experts epp me add more points. Thanks.
kiss

1) Do not allow your religious belief or what your pastor preach or say often about marriage dictate the kind of person you should tie the knot with

Remember, this marriage journey would last till death do you part, unless you would opt for divorce at the long run.

Many people let what their pastor or religious belief affect their life so much that they end up marrying the wrong person.. Sometimes, you just have to let love lead.. Or pray and ask GOD yourself.. Pastors are human beings too.. Nd sometimes, they let the flesh rule them thereby, misleading many people.

If you end up marrying the wrong lady or man.. Your pastor won't face the marriage ordeal for you.. You would bear the cross alone.
So be careful.. Before you take the wrong step

2) Do a blood test

Do not get blinded by love.. Before wedding, make sure you and your spouse go for blood test to confirm your genotype, and health status. Do widal tests.
Do not treat this with negligence, because it could cost you a lot.

Some people have sickle cell trait, some are oblivion to this fact.. While some chose to overlook it because of love or faith in religion.
Like I said earlier, ignorance is not an excuse. Do what is right for your unborn children

I would say the risk of giving birth to a sickle cell child is not worth taking.
It might cost you lots of money, your time, and your job, because you'd live in constant fear whenever the child have crisis, which may lead to death eventually if proper care is not taken.

3) Take your time to know your partner better

Do not rush into marriage, because it's trending.
Do not sacrifice your freedom and happiness on the marriage alter...
Take your time to know your partner better.. Remember you're going to have to live with him or her for the rest of your life.

Find out if he/she is quick to anger.. Can you help him/her overcome this problem?

*Does he take corrections or treat your suggestions or opinion like nothing?

*Are you ready to be submissive to a highly dominant partner?

*Is she the lousy type.. Or the one without proper home training.. Who would disrespect your parent at the slightest provocation?

*Is she a Mr Biggs or Mama put or Tantalizer kinda lady or a good cook? I know you won't want to take over the kitchen every day of the week why she polish her nails.. tongue

I love a guy who can cook too.. tongue But a lady must know how to cook.. Your husband can't do the cooking everytime. grin

*Is she in love with who you are or what you have?

*Is he/she in love with your curves and edges, six packs, or beards alone.. What if your body changes at the long run? lipsrsealed

My sister/brother better think twice before you answer "yes, I do"
The choice is yours?

4) Do not get carried away by material things or sweet talks

What happens when a marriage is built on a foundation of deceit? cry
Who bears the burden at the long run?
How would you feel if you found out that your husband or wife had lied about his/her educational background, financial status and every other thing?

Take your time to find out about every little secrets bikonu... Before marriage.. So as to avoid stories that touch.

5)Plan your future together

Before your wedding, plan your future together. During and after wedding ceremony, spend wisely. Don't imitate others..
If you want a wedding in Dubai, honey moon in Paris, but your bank is directing you to Lagos or your village.. Better do the wedding like that... Before DEBT DO YOU PART grin

You can always have an elaborate wedding anniversary later in future.

Good afternoon smiley

mbok.....
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by praxisnetworks: 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
lanicky:
Many people are so carried away by hustling and bustling of marriage... They are so in love with the idea of happily ever after..that they forget that if proper care is not taken, their marriage might not end up being the bed of rose they've been dreaming of.

You see them upload pre wedding pictures taken in Atlanta, Dubai or beautiful places in Nigeria.

Don't get me wrong o.. I'm not saying you shouldn't get married or take unique pre-wedding pics.. But there are some things you should consider before going to the marriage alter.

Make them marriage experts epp me add more points. Thanks.
kiss

1) Do not allow your religious belief or what your pastor preach or say often about marriage dictate the kind of person you should tie the knot with

Remember, this marriage journey would last till death do you part, unless you would opt for divorce at the long run.

Many people let what their pastor or religious belief affect their life so much that they end up marrying the wrong person.. Sometimes, you just have to let love lead.. Or pray and ask GOD yourself.. Pastors are human beings too.. Nd sometimes, they let the flesh rule them thereby, misleading many people.

If you end up marrying the wrong lady or man.. Your pastor won't face the marriage ordeal for you.. You would bear the cross alone.
So be careful.. Before you take the wrong step

2) Do a blood test

Do not get blinded by love.. Before wedding, make sure you and your spouse go for blood test to confirm your genotype, and health status. Do widal tests.
Do not treat this with negligence, because it could cost you a lot.

Some people have sickle cell trait, some are oblivion to this fact.. While some chose to overlook it because of love or faith in religion.
Like I said earlier, ignorance is not an excuse. Do what is right for your unborn children

I would say the risk of giving birth to a sickle cell child is not worth taking.
It might cost you lots of money, your time, and your job, because you'd live in constant fear whenever the child have crisis, which may lead to death eventually if proper care is not taken.

3) Take your time to know your partner better

Do not rush into marriage, because it's trending.
Do not sacrifice your freedom and happiness on the marriage alter...
Take your time to know your partner better.. Remember you're going to have to live with him or her for the rest of your life.

Find out if he/she is quick to anger.. Can you help him/her overcome this problem?

*Does he take corrections or treat your suggestions or opinion like nothing?

*Are you ready to be submissive to a highly dominant partner?

*Is she the lousy type.. Or the one without proper home training.. Who would disrespect your parent at the slightest provocation?

*Is she a Mr Biggs or Mama put or Tantalizer kinda lady or a good cook? I know you won't want to take over the kitchen every day of the week why she polish her nails.. tongue

I love a guy who can cook too.. tongue But a lady must know how to cook.. Your husband can't do the cooking everytime. grin

*Is she in love with who you are or what you have?

*Is he/she in love with your curves and edges, six packs, or beards alone.. What if your body changes at the long run? lipsrsealed

My sister/brother better think twice before you answer "yes, I do"
The choice is yours?

4) Do not get carried away by material things or sweet talks

What happens when a marriage is built on a foundation of deceit? cry
Who bears the burden at the long run?
How would you feel if you found out that your husband or wife had lied about his/her educational background, financial status and every other thing?

Take your time to find out about every little secrets bikonu... Before marriage.. So as to avoid stories that touch.

5)Plan your future together

Before your wedding, plan your future together. During and after wedding ceremony, spend wisely. Don't imitate others..
If you want a wedding in Dubai, honey moon in Paris, but your bank is directing you to Lagos or your village.. Better do the wedding like that... Before DEBT DO YOU PART grin

You can always have an elaborate wedding anniversary later in future.

Good afternoon smiley

who wrote this for you.
from
your lecturer.
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by goatandyam: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Wetin u dey consider? angry you better go and get massively fuc.ked from behind to begin grin nonsense angry
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by kayemdy: 3:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Nice write up.

Pls why should you do a widal test?
I understand the HB genotype part.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
so sorry bro is not all the item on jumia site is pay on delivery there are still some item that is pay on delivery like tshirt /trouser and shoes any other item u see in the site is webpay market place item we change the system for security issue thanks bro
ksstroud:

Bros sorry for digression..
What is happening to Jumia now? Pay on delivery is not opting for me over some weeks...
Can you help?
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
chineloSA:

Very true.

Singles have no idea what goes on on a daily basis. All is just her perception. Given an the shoes, she will never even wear them for just a good two months.

So, Miss Nairaland makes her a pundit of marriages.smh. undecided

Apart from that, most singular advisors hardly marry on time or they pick the worst of spouses.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Gflat: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
lanicky:

you're entitled to your opinion smiley

Good afternoon.

I know I am, giving me an unnecessary mention is irrelevant Good afternoon
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by ksstroud: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
adewumiopeyemi:
so sorry bro is not all the item on jumia site is pay on delivery there are still some item that is pay on delivery like tshirt /trouser and shoes any other item u see in the site is webpay market place item we change the system for security issue thanks bro

OK....
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Baba4dgals: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
Tell this to those aunties that are above forty and still single
I have come to realize that a great number of those who come on nairaland to bring down lists of what and what not to do in a relationship are not even old enough to be in one. They are mostly kids who just want to make Frontpage
Gbam!!!
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Chiomenwa(f): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
The good homely girl you see today can become devil tomorrow in marriage.
Marriage is not relationship.
Pray that your own workout well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by daPretender: 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Are you married? @ OP
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by pembisco(m): 3:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Widal test has nothing to do with health status as a preliminary test before marriage. FYI it is test for typhoid. Genotype, HIV, HCV, HBSAg are required among others. If you wanna go extreme then fertility test like Seminal Fluid Analysis and other hormonal tests can be done. Do your research very well before publishing else you mislead readers

2 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by shumuel(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Noooo, Lanicky why sad i have a thread like this o which have been pending to drop, anyways let read and see if its the same points

Modified:

Ope o! Its way different grin

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by AdeniyiA(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
I am just l@ughing here, so it has come to a point where the singles now give marital advice, wait o who will advice them?....in the end they can't stay marriedundecided
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by theceo1602: 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
God bless you OP, you nailed it, God bless you plenty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by AdeniyiA(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
daPretender:
Are you married? @ OP
help me ask o
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by lanicky(f): 3:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:

I know I am, giving me an unnecessary mention is irrelevant Good afternoon

tongue

3 Likes

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by mediocre(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
See this embryo giving marriage advice. Wait you're miss nairaland?? shocked
Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by Nickymezor(f): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kool write-up dear... Ur damn rite!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things To Consider Before Answering "Yes, I Do" by ceemed: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
I'd like to check some of our lady guests pictures... How do I go about it? Pls explain in layman's language Oo!!! Anyone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Getting Tired Of Looking For A Wife / How To: Overcoming Timidity For Shy Nigerian Guys / Comparing Of Nigerian Women With Michelle Obama: Guy Blasts Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.