Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,317 members, 7,846,397 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (405242 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2010
toba:

sho, u re asking me the above? Go ahead and ask others yourself.
Couple of pple have made same complaint about switch's audio&till now its a generalized challenge&not relative. Same was also said about kilonsele sometime last wk when the audio ceased&now restored.It was also not relative but general, as attested to by posters. I really doubted william based on the above anticidents.Moreover i also use a daarbox just like he does as well.
pls we shouldn't fight over this issue.
what i'm tryin to say is the audio is not a general problem.
i'm watching switch wit audio at the moment.
i wouldn't know how come.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2010
spacevice:

@all
When u check from your audio menu via your remote control, u will find out that the Infinity Switch channel's audio language is in AAC format. 69x can't decode this format. I also understand 4900/10 can decode it only with an appropriate upgrade. It's the same reason why sometime back we couldn't get audio for Top TV's test transmission on Sirius 4.

@all.
I USE 9X THERE IS NO AUDIO ON SWITCH ALSO, BUT 1 CANNOT UNDERESTIMATE OTHER DECODERS SINCE WE HAVE DIFFERENT AUDIO FORMATS. IT JUST A MATTER OF A PARTICULAR DECODER BEEN ABLE TO DECRYPT A CERTAIN AUDIO SYSTEM. PROBABLY THEY'RE TESTING SWITCH ON A DIFFERENT AUDIO SYSTEM (SAY AAC) AND MAYBE THE 9X CANNOT DECRYPT IT WHILE OTHERS such as DAARSAT CAN. ONE CANNOT JUST UNDERESTIMATE IT.

emsky:

Infinity complete system goes for 18k,where is your location?

@emsky
i live at abeokuta. Pls confirm AGAIN if the INFINITY DECODER is HD, can do BLIND SCAN and also good for FTA, and if their card is NOT married to their decoder.

Thanks.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2010
williams85:

pls we shouldn't fight over this issue.
what i'm tryin to say is the audio is not a general problem.
i'm watching switch wit audio at the moment.
i wouldn't know how come.
WTH do u think is jobless&would like to fight over trivialised issue?
In order for my initial post not to be mis-construed was why i gave a detailed background on what warranted such.Yet u made the error i was trying to prevent. Goodluck that ur switch has audio. What i enjoy on infinity are AMC&KILONSELE. The rest i care less.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by phizz: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2010
saw dis advert on GTV @ midnight, they claim to ave gtv sports n d regular gtv on a DTH service cald smart tv 4 89 cedis
@ the links in ghana, sal n co can u pls confirm n supply us with d rite info.
becos dey claim they would show epl matches, seems ghanian tv are showing greenlights.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ekonibaje(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2010
switch on infinity, D audio is nt working on non infinity box,because the audio as been on aac means on codec series, dis can only work ,on 4669x ,if strong technologies work on the audio content,but presently is nt working on non, infinity decoder,no more argument, thks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2010
phizz:

saw dis advert on GTV @ midnight, they claim to ave gtv sports n d regular gtv on a DTH service cald smart tv 4 89 cedis
becos dey claim they would show epl matches, seems ghanian tv are showing greenlights.

Phiz. GTV has a channel known as GTV Sports+ on a DTT platform broadcasted by the provider-SMART TV. The EPL matches shown on that channel and GTV as well is the free to air matches shown on MBC- W3A. Smart TV is a new DTT provider in Ghana. Check www.smart.tv
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2010
Having tried upgrade S/W Ver. 1.09p on 69x and with manual manipulations for the audio formats, thus, HE-AAC, AAC, MPEG4, Dolby Digital AC3 etc, there was no audio for switch. The story was different with S/W ver 225p on SRT 4910HD, Switch Audio was clear.

You can try that on your boxes (69x, 4900, 4910HDs) by going to Menu - Channels - Add Channels - then enter parameters (freq. APID,VPID,PPID) for the said channel then play around with the various audio formats listed above .
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2010
ekonibaje:

switch on infinity, D audio is nt working on non infinity box,because the audio as been on aac means on codec series, dis can only work ,on 4669x ,if strong technologies work on the audio content,but presently is nt working on non, infinity decoder,no more argument, thks
Nice thats what i was trying to say.It would be rare for anyone to say he gets audio for switch without an infinity box
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2010
phizz:

These ghanians wouldnt kill us multi-tv,crtv&now smart tv
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2010
ekonibaje:

Not workin on 9x and oda strong models also, guess no decoder in dem for aac audio format
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2010
it's unfortunate the post I made this afternoon has disappeared. Anyway, Switch on my 4910HD has audio - S/W version is 225p. I wasn't successful with 109p for 69x.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2010
Well i tried all i could to get audio for switch with my daarsat HD koan receiver, all to no avail. But a member in Nigeria says he gets audio using the same daarsat HD. I want someone else with same device as mine to confirm result to us in the house
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 9:49pm On Aug 22, 2010
to the brother who has 4900HD but not getting audio for switch, i suggest you go to _crosat.us to get the latest software. if you have difficulties, try manually, input apid,vpid,ppid of the said channel in add channels, under channel in the main menu. select audio format of ur choice (aac,HE-aac,mpeg4,dolby digital aac3 etc) under audio. it's the same method i used to bring out the audio for SmartTv when they started their test transmission. the audio was aac but without sound until i decided to add channels manually with mpeg4 audio format.

@Toba
i wish you good luck mate/bro in ur search
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
@All
i just did not bother myself with the audio stuff on switch since i know that until the Aac codec/decoder is in-cooperated into the strong firmware,Getting audio on the 69x and below will be a mirage.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by bolyjay: 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
gud day oga freshp,toba and d house,pls.i have a nokia dbox 1.and i don't know how to get it to work,it display in german language.someone told me dat i will need a software to make it work.but i don't understand anything about it,do any one in d house know anything about dis box called nokia dbox 1
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Directman: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2010
Hello guys,

i am a staff of infinity tv and i want to say we really appreciate you. My boss reads your threads very actively and uses them as valuable feedback. thank you for your faith and believe in us. As we listen to you we get better.

if you do not mind, i would like to contribute by answering some questions raised.

1. Infinity tv transmits on MPEG 4 DVBS2 AAC mostly. Because we are in what we call our test transmission mode, some channels are on other formats. however, from this week, most of our channels would be on MPEG 4 AAC. the issue with audio from your end has to do with the audio format which most strong decoders cannot decode. We moved between AAC and other formats to see which would give us better quality and we have settled for AAC. SKY, AlJazeera, Setanta, BET, FOX series, DWtv, E!, Zee movies and a few other non in-house channels might likely be on a different audio format for a short while but only for a while.

2. we start switching on our new channels from this week which would include local Nigerian tv channels, a pidgin language comedy channel, our English language movie channel. our soap and series channel and other channels to make up 18 channels. we aim to have 30 channels up by end of next month and 45 by end of the year. for you all on this forum, it would continue to be free to air till end of September if your decoder can handle the audio. By end of september though, your strong decoders would not be able to handle the video as we would be using higher modulation as well. Yes you can use our box for FTA.

3. we are a 100% Nigerian owned company and we aim to be world class with quality programming and lots of local content at affordable prices.

I hope i have not broken any rules.
thank you so very much.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
@boly
why not google it.u maybe surprised.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
bolyjay:

gud day oga freshp,toba and d house,pls.i have a nokia dbox 1.and i don't know how to get it to work,it display in german language.someone told me dat i will need a software to make it work.but i don't understand anything about it,do any one in d house know anything about dis box called nokia dbox 1
jesus is the only oga
IT has made things easy for us. Go to google type the full name&model of ur device,u may get all u need. U can even download the manual
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lovala(m): 1:46am On Aug 24, 2010
@ Bolyjay:
Goto: rarlab.com and download winrar. Install it on the PC then download your compressed or zipped software whici should be about 5.1mbytes. Extract the exe folder from the compressed document by first opening the compressed document and then dragging and dropping the SRT updater unto your desk top or a new folder or into your usb flash memory from which your can install into your decoder using the USB port found on it. This the same procedure you’ll use for winzip or 7zip. Hope this helps. grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by bolyjay: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2010
thank lovala,i ve got d software,but yet to do d upgrading.i will do it when i get back to school,pls.can anyone tell me other guddies i can benefit frm d upgrading apart frm d removal of mytv logo.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2010
bolyjay:

. . , i will do it when i get back to school,pls.can anyone tell me other guddies i can benefit frm d upgrading apart frm d removal of mytv logo. 

i think that it has a lot of benefit . . but the most important is that it increases the (quality)signal strength of the STB
for instance infinity was always @34% before upgrading now i get it @75-80%.

EDITED

@ BOLY

pls check this link for your dbox1

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/473601
i hope that it helps you.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by bolyjay: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2010
@freshp,thanks for ur concern.it seem the dbox process is somehow difficult,to upgrade the needed i will need a rs232 cable and bdm interface.pls.do you know whether they are available.it se
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 3:50pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ boly,
i was made to understand by a write up i read today that it is better to have a dbox 2 since the 1 version is rather outdated now.
for the rs323 cable . . .just check the forums and there is a link on how to make An RS232cable.
the bdm i know nothing much about.
here is the link for the RS232

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419526.64.html#msg6574818
good luck
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spaceman(m): 3:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
my experience with the Daar box
The box is not bad sha. The lack of blind scanning feature makes it though putting tps. You have to get the tp else, whatch the only one you have.
I tried Multi tv, I was not getting it on the box, using the DVB S2 8PSK, until I tried the DVB-S mode, and it came up.
I believe with time I will get use to it.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2010
spaceman:

my experience with the Daar box . . .
. . . I believe with time I will get use to it.

Thats the spirit. grin grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by AlieninPH: 10:01am On Aug 25, 2010
Dear Toba and the others not getting sound on infinity click.
I am getting sound, using Daarsat HD decoder.
I will advice that you guys should rescan the transponder, it might help.
Regards
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2010
AlieninPH:

Dear Toba and the others not getting sound on infinity click.
I am getting sound, using Daarsat HD decoder.
I will advice that you guys should rescan the transponder, it might help.
Regards

it wont my brother, cos the last time i check the audio on switch is AAC CODEC
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by litaninja(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2010
@ALLFIGHTINGOVERINFINITYSWITCH: easy to trace this thing is all those who are getting the channels with sound, please list your receiver types and the audio codecs supported. All those getting it without sound list your receiver types & audio codes supported as well. Somewhere along the line we'll eliminate the problem. If we start getting the same receiver types acting differently, then start listing the firmware versions as well. But is it also possible that the switch audio signal has been switched from AAC to other format and back for a period of time, because I have a 63x and I had the audio for a while, then lost it , got it again before finally losing it till now, though I cant check at the moment since I'm not in my hood. Lets work this thing out. I might be leaning towards buying the Infinity receiver as well.
One more thing, anyone know if the Infinity receiver has blindscan? tongue
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2010
litaninja:

@ALLFIGHTINGOVERINFINITYSWITCH: easy to trace this thing is all those who are getting the channels with sound, please list your receiver types and the audio codecs supported. All those getting it without sound list your receiver types & audio codes supported as well. Somewhere along the line we'll eliminate the problem. If we start getting the same receiver types acting differently, then start listing the firmware versions as well. But is it also possible that the switch audio signal has been switched from AAC to other format and back for a period of time, because I have a 63x and I had the audio for a while, then lost it , got it again before finally losing it till now, though I cant check at the moment since I'm not in my hood. Lets work this thing out. I might be leaning towards buying the Infinity receiver as well.
One more thing, anyone know if the Infinity receiver has blindscan? tongue

well said, i have tried both 69x and my hd 4900 still no audio

i am not sure if someone has laid hand on the infinity decoder, to give us updates whether it can blindscan or not,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Ameboperoo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2010
Twinskenny. I de try call u but ur no. no go. Make we talk about that stuff now. We need to talk asap pls!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
I have infinity Switch sound, loud and clear on 4910. S/W 225p

@twinskenny
u didn't list the software version on your srt HD dxr
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2010
@amebopero

okay sorry, my glo dey offline

try my visaline

thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.