Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,710 members, 7,862,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:15 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (405781 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2010
@sathob

i will try and get that info when i get home tonight,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2010
twinskenny:

well said, i have tried both 69x and my hd 4900 still no audio

i am not sure if someone has laid hand on the infinity decoder, to give us updates whether it can blindscan or not,

I think something should be wrong somewhere if the 4900 is not decypher the AAC audio format cos according to its manual in the strong website it has encoding capacity to decypher the AAC audio format. Again, one can also try to blind scan cos attimes this people switch from VERTICAL to HORIZONTAL hence, making some slight changes in their brodcast maybe its part of the test process.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2010
sathob:

I have infinity Switch sound, loud and clear on 4910. S/W 225p

@twinskenny
u didn't list the software version on your srt HD dxr

Is it the original firmware that comes with your 4910 or an update?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 9:27am On Aug 26, 2010
@2legit2qt
this 225p is an update from crosat. I do this periodically, when necessary.

@t'kenny
from strong's official website, check the technical specs for 4910 and 4900 you will find out that HE-AAC compliance is listed for 49100. It is not listed under 4900. However, I'm not convinced that 4900 will not do AAC. update the S/W, go to Menu, Channels, Add Channels, choose the sat & freq. for switch, input the APID, VPID and PPID, select the video format for switch then, go to Audio and check the various audio formats. you can repeat this for other audio formats.
u know, i could not get audio from Smart-Tv when i laid hands on 4910. at that time, they were transmitting audio in HE-AAC, after updating with 224p i went through the above procedure , entered APID, PPID,VPID tried all the various audio formats and was lucky with MPEG4.
Do u see the point, when i scanned for the channels and pressed audio the format was HE-ACC and I was not getting sound, but when i went through the manual procedure i got sound with MPEG4.
now i am getting sound without having to go through all the above, the audio comes with the default format which is aac.

i foresee a time when providers will adapt to acc format for their audio x'missions, so all prospective dxer buyers should take note.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 5:48pm On Aug 28, 2010
freshp:

i think that it has a lot of benefit . . but the most important is that it increases the (quality)signal strength of the STB
for instance infinity was always @34% before upgrading now i get it @75-80%.

EDITED

@ BOLY

pls check this link for your dbox1

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/473601
i hope that it helps you.

The new 69x firmware. One important benefit also is that, you can record 2 programmes from 2 different channels simultaneously.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by salamander(m): 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2010
@Directman

Thanks for giving us the info on Infinity. It is our wish that once a while, you will pop in and give us some news on what is happening at your end. Hope you will not compromise on quality. You are always welcome here
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2010
@sathob,pls i urgently need ur e-mail address.thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by maddollar(m): 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2010
Does it mean we guys using strong decoder wont be able to view infinity after september? embarassed
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 12:18am On Aug 29, 2010
@spacevice
Thanks 4 the info.
@directman,
I did follow your steps on my 69x without success.the video of the box has only mpeg 1/2 and h264 options but audio has about 4 options. So i did try a video with 4 audio options then the next video option with d 4 audios.i still did not get audio on inf switch.btw my sw version is 1.09p.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2010
sathob:

@2legit2qt
this 225p is an update from crosat. I do this periodically, when necessary.

@t'kenny
from strong's official website, check the technical specs for 4910 and 4900 you will find out that HE-AAC compliance is listed for 49100. It is not listed under 4900. However, I'm not convinced that 4900 will not do AAC. update the S/W, go to Menu, Channels, Add Channels, choose the sat & freq. for switch, input the APID, VPID and PPID, select the video format for switch then, go to Audio and check the various audio formats. you can repeat this for other audio formats.
u know, i could not get audio from Smart-Tv when i laid hands on 4910. at that time, they were transmitting audio in HE-AAC, after updating with 224p i went through the above procedure , entered APID, PPID,VPID tried all the various audio formats and was lucky with MPEG4.
Do u see the point, when i scanned for the channels and pressed audio the format was HE-ACC and I was not getting sound, but when i went through the manual procedure i got sound with MPEG4.
now i am getting sound without having to go through all the above, the audio comes with the default format which is aac.

i foresee a time when providers will adapt to acc format for their audio x'missions, so all prospective dxer buyers should take note.

@sathob

i just got a new 4910 but am also not recieving any audio on SWITCH even after updating with 227p 200810, though av not taken time to troubleshoot cos the time is not there. Pls can u run down the process again COMPREHENSIVELY my email is olakunlekan@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 1:05pm On Aug 29, 2010
@sathob

Just got back from church and decided to check out my new 4910, i follow-up what u saisd about the SWITCH AUDIO process and voila it came out crystal audibly clear.

Thanks man. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2010
@2legit2qt
FTA be that oooo!

@alancruise
signalbit at yahoo dot com, i know u understand that.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by alancruise(m): 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2010
Copy that,xpect my mail
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by hooged: 5:59pm On Aug 29, 2010
Pls how can some1 convert or watch recorded programe on decoder.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2010
@all

My new 4910 is not showing MULTITV, CRTV, GTV & LTM TV But only INFINITY TV. What can i do about it? Am using the same setup i use for my 9x which is showing ALL, The signal strength is at 93% or thereabout but the 9x is picking it fine, while the 4910 is not.

Am afraid that if i tweak the LNB "AGAIN" (as i did for the 9x b4 it picked the channels), the 4910 might show them while the 9x will not pick it.

What should i do in this case cos am using both stb (with 1 dish and a dual LNB) in different location of the house?
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by microgint: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^ go to menu > Setup > Manual, then delete the MultiTV tp and input it manually. Then rescan
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2010
@microgi@nt,
please can you mail me i really need to ask you for something i read about in Season 4

wallydon77@gmail.com.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2010
microgi@nt:

^^ go to menu > Setup > Manual, then delete the MultiTV tp and input it manually. Then rescan

@microgi@nt

thanks, but out of in-patience i tweak my LNB yestanite to the 10 o'clock spot sombody recommended for me with the 9x sometimes and which i never get to do. I rotate the LNB to that spot and it worked. I can NOW recieve ALL the channels. I just noticed that at a particular spot i'll recieve Multi tv and not others and at another spot i'll recieve infinity with no video on multitv and gradually i was rotating the LNB untill i got to the spot where i recieve ALL, and i realised that it was that PARTICULAR 10 o' CLOCK SPOT dat was recommended when i have viewing problem with my former 9x.

This FTA stuff one cant just stop learning new things each and everyday. So challenging

Oga microgi@nt, av u check my post on HIGH DEFINITION RECEIVERS? If not abeg do. I also send some request to your mail.

I go dey wait 4 your expert opinion o,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by maddollar(m): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2010
Vox AFRICA have been added to infinity channels but with no audio on my str. 9x cool
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by maddollar(m): 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2010
pls can anybody in the house help me to upgrade my strong 9x with s/w 1.09p. cry
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by freshp(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2010
@mad dollar
No wahala.Pls send me a mail.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by versace400(m): 12:21am On Sep 01, 2010
Pls everyone in d house,i need 2 upgrade my 69x.Pls i need someone 2 send an original version of the already unzip file into my mailbox ( kunlerasaq@yahoo.com) . I will be very grateful 4 quick response plssss
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by favourosas: 3:54am On Sep 01, 2010
Hello guys ,
My name is favour ,i'm new to this forum and i really want to thank you for a great job you are doing here .
I have tried reading all postings to date and i discover that most of you guys talked about MULTITV, CRTV, GTV & LTM TV and many more.
Please i need clarifications from you guys.
1,Are these tvs free to air?
2,What are the equipments needed for this tvs to work in benin city that is in edo state.
3,And please i dont mind getting the prices of these equipments too.

I shall wait urgently to hear from my able guys in the house.

thanks ,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 7:26am On Sep 01, 2010
favourosas:

Hello guys ,
My name is favour ,i'm new to this forum and i really want to thank you for a great job you are doing here .
I have tried reading all postings to date and i discover that most of you guys talked about MULTITV, CRTV, GTV & LTM TV and many more.
Please i need clarifications from you guys.
1,Are these tvs free to air?
2,What are the equipments needed for this tvs to work in benin city that is in edo state.
3,And please i dont mind getting the prices of these equipments too.

I shall wait urgently to hear from my able guys in the house.

thanks ,

1 yes there are free to air
2. you can nail them with 90cm dish, lnb & mpeg4 decoder
3 90cm dish with lnb is around 4500 to 5000k and mpeg4 decoder like strong is around 14500, depend on your location though

a total of 21k should nail u those birds, apart from those one u mentioned there is also infinity tv, trust it worth it,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by favourosas: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2010
@twinskenny
Bros thank you so much, you just too much men.
May the Good Lord grant you and every other contributors on this thread your heart desires.
I will go get this equipments soon,and i might seek your advise again after the installation.

Once again i say thank you.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 8:17am On Sep 02, 2010
@favourosas

you are welcome
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by 2legit2qt(m): 9:21am On Sep 02, 2010
mad dollar:

Vox AFRICA have been added to infinity channels but with no audio on my str. 9x cool

Same on my 4910, but am still working on it cos the audio is AAC and fom my last count 4910 is able to decode AAC. Same thing happen to SWICTH but fter doing some MAGIC the sound came out. Don't know much about 9x format but after manually adding the channel the VOX audio will come. Will do that 2day and let you know how far.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by versace400(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
@all,pls i want u 2 help me,i dont want 2 destroy my 4669,someone sent me a file 2 upgrade my 69 and it shows dt d size of d file is over 5000mb bt after i downloaded it,i found out d size of d file is just 243mb. Pls i want to know d size of d file u guys use when upgrading ur 69 cos i dont want to destroy ma system
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
versace400:

@all,pls i want u 2 help me,i dont want 2 destroy my 4669,someone sent me a file 2 upgrade my 69 and it shows dt d size of d file is over 5000mb bt after i downloaded it,i found out d size of d file is just 243mb. Pls i want to know d size of d file u guys use when upgrading your 69 cos i dont want to destroy ma system

did i hear u say 5000mb and 243.
u're about to destroy ur box grin
post ur mail and ask if anybody got the file
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by versace400(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2010
@william85,my mailbox is kunlerasaq@yahoo.com .Pls i need everybody in d house to help me.I need 2 upgrade my 69 very fast and i need a very reliable software dt will nt destroy my decoder
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2010
versace400:

@william85,my mailbox is kunlerasaq@yahoo.com .Pls i need everybody in d house to help me.I need 2 upgrade my 69 very fast and i need a very reliable software dt will nt destroy my decoder
versace400:

@all,pls i want u 2 help me,i dont want 2 destroy my 4669,someone sent me a file 2 upgrade my 69 and it shows dt d size of d file is over 5000mb bt after i downloaded it,i found out d size of d file is just 243mb. Pls i want to know d size of d file u guys use when upgrading your 69 cos i dont want to destroy ma system

I downloaded this software from a link posted on this thread and it upgraded my SRT69X without any problem I can forward it to any one who needs it
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by TOWNJUJU: 10:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
Pls guys how can i get audio back on switch? Im using 69x

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.