Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,564 members, 7,865,359 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? (17664 Views)

Chinese Man Weds Nigerian Lady From Akwa Ibom In Style (Photos) / The Disadvantage Of Marrying A Fat Woman (see Picture) / Guy Dating Two Colleagues In Same Office At Same Time Busted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by Lexit: 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2017
Well provided she is not working in any of the government parastatals with you, you can go ahead. But if she does, most especially House of Assembly, sorry is your case!
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by Ayoola171(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
Silentscreamer:
Well i dont see anything wrong in it. I'll personally love it, i'll be able to keep an eye on him since men love to cheat.

And that will eventually keep you off balance and you won't be able to focus on your job roles and your career.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by AreaFada2: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
YesNo:

very true.. men LOVE to cheat

women can never do such a thing

and if women ever cheat, it is usually the fault of the man or the devil.

Lol. cheesy cheesy grin

You nailed it.

She should tell us how a high number of kids end up being fathered by other men than the presumed biological dad (the woman's husband). Paternity/DNA tests are revealing lots of things these days. And she doesn't want to accept that many of the guys who cheat do some with married women. embarassed

We know far better now. Women cannot pull a wool over our eyes anymore. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by zealblinks(m): 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2017
buchai:
there is nothing wrong in that it calls for better understanding but the person in question might reluctant to agreed because she knows how much you earn as a salary maybe she has weighed your salary into the family hood and feels reluctant to agree.

you nailed it bro
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by dnawah(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mikeshine:
We ve been dating for some months now and we are working in the same office but she's not ready to move to the next stage because we are both working in the same office despite the fact our office rules and regulations is not against marrying a colleague. Please house what should I do and how can I convince her that there is nothing to be worried about.
Thanks
yes! If the company or office close,una fit chop love but waitin un a pikin go chop?
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by missioner(m): 7:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mikeshine:
We ve been dating for some months now and we are working in the same office but she's not ready to move to the next stage because we are both working in the same office despite the fact our office rules and regulations is not against marrying a colleague. Please house what should I do and how can I convince her that there is nothing to be worried about.
Thanks
When I was in secondary school, my English and Chemistry teacher were husband and wife. And they were doing fine.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by CDCEO001: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
In some company, once you get married to a co worker, one of you will have to leave the company.
But you said she is not ready, is not by force naaa.... Is better you marry someone that you want to spend the rest of her life with you as your wife.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by AdviserGeneral: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mikeshine:
Thanks

There are more to it. First, Is it a government parastatal, or a private firm? Another factor is your location, before you can go ahead in persuading her for marriage.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by Tominiola: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2017
It usually not advisable for many reasons, but I guess the heart wants what the heart wants.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by muller102(m): 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
BreadandBeans:
What do you mean by next stage?
knock out stage.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by muller102(m): 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
Silentscreamer:
Well i dont see anything wrong in it. I'll personally love it, i'll be able to keep an eye on him since men love to cheat.
o! yeah women can never cheat.
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by ameezy(m): 11:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Silentscreamer:
angry

Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by obidirector(m): 2:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Hello guys, check out my new sound via the link below:
www.datafilehost.com/d/180f0461
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by RealityShot: 2:31am On Jan 18, 2017
buchai:
there is nothing wrong in that it calls for better understanding but the person in question might reluctant to agreed because she knows how much you earn as a salary maybe she has weighed your salary into the family hood and feels reluctant to agree.
this puts more weight behind the saying
"never show a woman the exact contents of your pocket"
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by RealityShot: 2:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Silentscreamer:
so women dont love to cheat abi?

abeg park well..
Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by Filashade(f): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2017
Lighthouseman:
Most times it does not work. I dated a colleague of mine only recently, but due to family pressure, I had to succumb... I told her we couldn't continue...
Now to greet me na war!

Another disadvantage is colleagues mounting pressure and others making jest of you two... Till you don't know who shows genuine concern.
Another is seeing same person everyday whether you breakup or just want a break...
Finally, it's quite regrettable

So true. I used to be one of those girls that would be like how can u date ur fellow work colleague like really but then I ended up dating one of my colleagues from february last year to october. He was a nice guy and we couldnt let anyone know we were dating as it was frowned upon but we genuinely cared for each other but during the time I was dating him, he would flirt with some of the ladies in our office when I company got bought and also I found out he had a girlfriend outside of work as well and that he was going to propose to her. U know how God works, one day we were supposed to go out coz I had taken a day off to spend with him coz I hv a busy life with school etc and I remember I called him sverally and he wouldnt pick but when I messaged him he did read it so I found it rather odd but anyways, my day was spent with a guy I met on that day who is now my current bf but lets just say my ex was still with his ex who he said was a psycho and had dumped her and also she tried calling me severally to tell me to lay off her man and that I should tell him to come and back his bags from her house that she is done with his cheating ways and i WAS SO MADDDD like u cant even imagine. Anyways the next day I saw him in the office and obvs we sit on the same row so it was easy to tell we were arguing coz even one of friends who hangs out with us knew something was up but I didnt say anything to him then the mumu sent me a letter saying I should come and say to him what I said to his ex coz I told her she can have him that I dnt dea with two time cheats and i literally slapped him while we were outside coz he was trying to cause trouble and slapped him again and again and told him never to even utter a word to me and he was there telling me he was at his ex house and he was fast asleep and she had taken his phone to check his messages and I was like why the hell would u be at ur ex house? Who does that?

Just to cut the story short, he was forced to resign from our company coz I found out he was borrowing money from all our colleagues and had also borrowed money from me as well and no be small money ooo nd this guy is not one of those guys that look like they play games, he was one of those dudes are genuinely nice and friendly but like to dress smart, wear expensive things and even got a house and a car. Chai. with all our money and even he had a friend called Andre who would call asking to speak to him and I remember back when my ex started in Febraury, his friend would call saying he owes hima huge some of money and wants to talk to him and my ex would deny it. Mannnnn the guy thought he was slick and now I know better. He was just there for show and to borrow money and cheat people.

That is one experience I would never forget. If someone would have told me a handsome, hardworking, young man who was also friendly with everyone would do such a thing I would say the person is a liar.

Anyways, OP u better forget that thing joor. It always goes three ways, you either end up getting married but you have to move or resign or you end up breaking up and it would be awkward seeing that person u were kissing and making up with every day and it would kill u so noooo OPP. Just forget this love ting and find someone outside of the office or better still one of u should resign.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by RealityShot: 3:48am On Jan 19, 2017
Filashade:

So true. I used to be one of those girls that would be like how can u date ur fellow work colleague like really but then I ended up dating one of my colleagues from february last year to october. He was a nice guy and we couldnt let anyone know we were dating as it was frowned upon but we genuinely cared for each other but during the time I was dating him, he would flirt with some of the ladies in our office when I company got bought and also I found out he had a girlfriend outside of work as well and that he was going to propose to her. U know how God works, one day we were supposed to go out coz I had taken a day off to spend with him coz I hv a busy life with school etc and I remember I called him sverally and he wouldnt pick but when I messaged him he did read it so I found it rather odd but anyways, my day was spent with a guy I met on that day who is now my current bf but lets just say my ex was still with his ex who he said was a psycho and had dumped her and also she tried calling me severally to tell me to lay off her man and that I should tell him to come and back his bags from her house that she is done with his cheating ways and i WAS SO MADDDD like u cant even imagine. Anyways the next day I saw him in the office and obvs we sit on the same row so it was easy to tell we were arguing coz even one of friends who hangs out with us knew something was up but I didnt say anything to him then the mumu sent me a letter saying I should come and say to him what I said to his ex coz I told her she can have him that I dnt dea with two time cheats and i literally slapped him while we were outside coz he was trying to cause trouble and slapped him again and again and told him never to even utter a word to me and he was there telling me he was at his ex house and he was fast asleep and she had taken his phone to check his messages and I was like why the hell would u be at ur ex house? Who does that?

Just to cut the story short, he was forced to resign from our company coz I found out he was borrowing money from all our colleagues and had also borrowed money from me as well and no be small money ooo nd this guy is not one of those guys that look like they play games, he was one of those dudes are genuinely nice and friendly but like to dress smart, wear expensive things and even got a house and a car. Chai. with all our money and even he had a friend called Andre who would call asking to speak to him and I remember back when my ex started in Febraury, his friend would call saying he owes hima huge some of money and wants to talk to him and my ex would deny it. Mannnnn the guy thought he was slick and now I know better. He was just there for show and to borrow money and cheat people.

That is one experience I would never forget. If someone would have told me a handsome, hardworking, young man who was also friendly with everyone would do such a thing I would say the person is a liar.

Anyways, OP u better forget that thing joor. It always goes three ways, you either end up getting married but you have to move or resign or you end up breaking up and it would be awkward seeing that person u were kissing and making up with every day and it would kill u so noooo OPP. Just forget this love ting and find someone outside of the office or better still one of u should resign.
Lols..well said...

Now imagine going through 5 years in the University
With an ex in the same class!
(and the ex dumped you for your friend in same class!)

I died many times over.. But here I am today!
How?
I got a new hubby from another department

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by Filashade(f): 9:34am On Jan 19, 2017
RealityShot:

Lols..well said...

Now imagine going through 5 years in the University
With an ex in the same class!
(and the ex dumped you for your friend in same class!)

I died many times over.. But here I am today!
How?
I got a new hubby from another department

Chai!!! GBAM!!

U r one lucky girl. Serves him right. I bet ur guy is also way better than he was.

Like I cant imagine ever dating anyone in my office again. Like no way.

It would kill me.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Bad In Marrying A Lady From Same Office? by creepsyme(f): 10:55am On Jan 19, 2017
Mikeshine:
Thanks
continue to persuade her until she see reason.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lounge For Newcomers/passive Members On Romanceland / Question To Ask My Girlfriend / How To Please Your Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.