Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Can I Know Im Pregnant? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Know Im Pregnant? (10631 Views)

‘I Know Four Men Who Have Slept With My Wife’ / Im I Losing My Woman Sex Life? / Im Pregnant, What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by sayso: 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
the Chikito wey ask question done run comot for here,dem tell her say for NL she go get advice/friend but na lie,una done use una mouth vamoose the Chick.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by psgirl: 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2009
Just go for a check up my dear
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Akinagirl(f): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2009
Not every woman is the same, so symptoms would differentiate. The most common symptoms however are sore breasts, urinating frequently, fatigue and nauseousness. And, of course late period or no period. The best thing to do is to go for a pregnancytest. The pregnancy tests that are out now like "early response" would help you a great deal as it will detect the pregnancy hormone up to 5 days before your missed period. Always take the test in the morning, as there will be a higher HCG level in your morning urine. After you have done a test, call your doctor and set up an appointment to confirm the pregnancy.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by psgirl: 4:32am On Dec 02, 2009
Still confused about what to do?
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Abuja1(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2009
just wait when your stomach start growing big then you are pregnant, lol
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Aniody: 9:10am On Dec 02, 2009
what a question, is simple, if u had an unprotected sex when u are not safe to do that, taht means u are pregnant. meanwhile how old are u?
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
Knowing when your pregnant is not all about age. Sometimes even the older women can get confused especially when there is no sign.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by foyeks2001(f): 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2009
go get ursef tested
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by mabsam(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
WTH, just go see a doctor, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Fhemmmy: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
^^^ I beg tell am again
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2009
Go to my blog and find out its that simple
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Amigoz(f): 6:58am On Dec 04, 2009
lolz. . . blogging away. . . wondering wot else is dat simple on nwanba's blog tongue
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 10:08am On Dec 04, 2009
Amigoz:

lolz. . . blogging away. . . wondering wot else is dat simple on nwanba's blog tongue

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA YOU KNOW WHATS UP.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by mensworld: 10:25am On Dec 08, 2009
Getting to know your pregnant is very easy, all you need to do is to confirm from a doctor. i think they just check you up to see if your pregnant. So run now to your doctor.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by mensworld: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2009
you can also get to know your pregnant, by the signs you are getting. Haba you be woman now so how somebody wan tell you say you get belle
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by babystuff(f): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
Guess i need to follow all the above suggestion thanks a lot.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by N9528GB: 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2009
babystuff:

Guess i need to follow all the above suggestion thanks a lot.

@poster Ask your mom this same question she will give you the best advice a mother can give her daughter.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 2:19pm On Dec 10, 2009
N95-2 8GB:

@poster Ask your mom this same question she will give you the best advice a mother can give her daughter.

The Mom, probably she dont want the mom to know about the pregnancy.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by frprof(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2009
Why on earth should one ask if she's pregnant! U are tellimg everybody that u ve been commiting adultry or fornication here and there. I will even be happy to tell you that you are not, even if u are pregnant. Yes! so that you do not abort it.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2009
The poster did not ask the question so that she can be sconed, she only asked the question so as to get useful advice.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by rasputinn(m): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2009
Get a test strip for 50 bucks and test ur urine sample
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by AmakaOne(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2009
Top Ten Early Pregnancy Symptoms

If you think you might be pregnant, you will probably have a hard time thinking about anything else. And since many of the early signs of pregnancy can be attributed to other abnormalities, it can often be difficult to know when the symptoms you’re experiencing are, in fact, pregnancy signs. That’s why we have composed this top ten list of pregnancy symptoms to help women understand what they should expect if they’re expecting.

1. Missed Period

Delayed or missed periods are probably the most common reasons why women buy home pregnancy tests. However, for women who experience irregular menstrual cycles - or for those who simply do not monitor their cycle – other symptoms will be a more reliable indicator of pregnancy. Also, be aware that if you are on the birth control pill when you become pregnant, and seize to continue taking it, then it is likely you will still get a period once you start taking your sugar pills.

2. Nausea

Nausea and vomiting are other common symptoms of pregnancy. Often referred to as "morning sickness", the onset of nausea can actually occur at any time of day or night. And while these symptoms generally do not appear until about a month after conception, many lucky women do report feelings of nausea earlier on, while others never experience it at all.

3. Tender, Swollen Breasts

Beginning about two weeks after conception, the nipple area of the breasts (areolas) will start to darken and enlarge. Increasing hormone levels will also likely result in swollen or sore breasts. Luckily, this discomfort should start to diminish after the first trimester (or about 12 weeks after conception).

4. Fatigue

Can’t seem to wake up even after a good night’s sleep? One of the first signs of pregnancy is intense tiredness; and while we still do not know what causes pregnancy fatigue, it is likely that rapidly fluctuating hormone levels are responsible.

5. Implantation Bleeding

Many pregnant women also report experiencing a small amount of bleeding a week or two after conception as the embryo implants itself into the lining of the uterus. This type of bleeding is lighter in color than a normal period and only lasts for a couple of days. However, any woman experiencing bleeding during pregnancy should seek medical advice, as this could also be a sign of ectopic pregnancy.

6. Enhanced Sensitivity to Smells

No it’s not just an old wives tale – pregnant women actually do have an increased sensitivity to odor, which is why many become turned off by foods and smells they previously enjoyed. Likewise, some may become suddenly attracted to odors they previously repelled – anyone ever heard of bleach cravings?? If you are craving bleach, you should talk to your doctor right away, as this is likely a sign of a vitamin deficiency.

7. Bloating

Are your pants suddenly feeling a little tight? Just as PMS can cause bloating just before a period, hormonal factors during pregnancy can also result in abdominal swelling long before your uterus will start to expand.

8. Increased Urination

Beginning about six weeks after conception, an increase in bodily fluids will cause you to feel the need to urinate more frequently than normal.

9. High Basal Body Temperature

If you’ve been monitoring your basal body temperature to increase your chances of getting pregnant, then you’ll know that if the temperature has been reading 18 for several days in a row, you’re probably pregnant.

10. Positive Pregnancy Test

While many home pregnancy tests boast the ability to detect pregnancy even before a missed period, this is generally not the case. To be reliable, the test should be taken about a week after your period was supposed to begin. So if you do decide to take one before then, be aware that a negative result may not be accurate.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 2:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
rasputinn:

Get a test strip for 50 bucks and test your urine sample

The 50 bucks your talking about, is it in naira or what currency?
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by mamagee3(f): 9:52pm On Dec 21, 2009
Once again
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 9:30am On Dec 22, 2009
Just curios to know about the amount she can buy the pregnancy strip
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by ubiaa5(f): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2009
stop wondering nwamba u are the same person as psgirl and babytsuff,if u want to get people to your blog,do it and get it over with abeg.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2009
Na woa for people here. Just answered a question and am being bombarded, why?
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Emotivator(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
thats how it is here. just be careful dear
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by coolier(f): 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2009
Morning sickness.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2010
What a dumb question? How old is the poster? 8? Not even a 10-yr-old will ask that question these days! Plain dumb and dumberer still.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by nwanba(f): 2:55am On Jul 23, 2010
knowing when your pregnant sounds easy but its not really easy. There are so many signs that can get you confused if you are a first timer and even sometimes it do happen to the old ones too.
Re: How Can I Know Im Pregnant? by Omolola1(f): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2010
the best way to know is to go for a test, simple!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Side Of The Story - Siena’s Ex-wife / Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives / How Well Do You Know Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.