Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. (12037 Views)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? / Best Answer For Asking A Silly Question Like This. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Only things they are created or caused to exist that you can ask where they came from not an eternal being .

So this eternal being just existed?

Why assume that there is only one eternal being?

Why also assume that such a being cannot die? For to live is to die. There is no life without death. If you never die, you were never alive in the first place.

Logically, this eternal mind being could never be alive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:29pm On Jan 19, 2017
jonbellion:
Mr man you repeat the same thing is every goddamn thread
Go and find another hobby

ok

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:49pm On Jan 19, 2017
JackBizzle:

Yup

JackBizzle:

This is complex , I can't explain it perfectly . But I can give you a clue . God is not a three dimensional being for you to assume more than one eternal being . And God exists as three consubstantial hypostases (one being ) from a Christian perspective . And I accept this by faith .

From our three dimensional world ,we can say God exists as three persons . I don't know how that looks like in heaven (God's realm ) . And I don't know how angels look like in heaven, I can't even decipher that . Everything was explained to us using anthropomorphism . And when they appear in our three dimensional world , they take three dimensional forms . And we call this a theophany .

JackBizzle:
Why also assume that such a being cannot die? For to live is to die. There is no life without death. If you never die, you were never alive in the first place. Logically, this eternal mind being could never be alive

Death is a necessity in the material world . We are finite beings - limited and susceptible to change . We live and die because we are finite .

God is immutable - changeless . Death is a kind of change thus logically God as an immutable being cannot die .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yup

This is complex , I can't explain it perfectly . But I can give you a clue . God is not a three dimensional being for you to assume more than one eternal being . And God exists as three consubstantial hypostases (one being ) from a Christian perspective . And I accept this by faith .

From our three dimensional world ,we can say God exists as three persons . I don't know how that looks like in heaven (God's realm ) . And I don't know how angels look like in heaven, I can't even decipher that . Everything was explained to us using anthropomorphism . And when they appear in our three dimensional world , they take three dimensional forms . And we call this a theophany .

Death is a necessity in the material world . We are finite beings - limited and susceptible to change . We live and die because we are finite .

God is immutable - changeless . Death is a kind of change thus logically God as an immutable being cannot die .

Such nonsense.

Did you really think you were making any sense?

You clearly stated that you have no idea about the realm or God you are talking about, yet you went on to explain it to me?

Can you see why it is silly to try and explain things you have never observed?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2017
JackBizzle:

Such nonsense.

You clearly stated that you have no idea about the realm or God you are talking about, yet you went on to explain it to me?

I'm saying that God could be 5 , 6 , 100 , 100 000 consubstantial hypostases existing as one being . But as a christian , I accept that God is 3 consubstantial hypostases by faith .

And I said I can't explain it you perfectly considering how you struggle to understand even the simplest explanations

And stop making idiotic comments if you can't grasp these simple explanations . Geez

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 10:35pm On Jan 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm saying that God could be 5 , 6 , 100 , 100 000 consubstantial hypostases existing as one being . But as a christian , I accept that God is 3 consubstantial hypostases by faith .

And I said I can't explain it you perfectly considering how you struggle to understand even the simplest explanations

And stop making idiotic comments if you can't grasp these simple explanations . Geez

I comment my reserve

5 Likes

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by thehomer: 10:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
DeepSight:

Aseity

a·se·i·ty (ə-sē′ĭ-tē, ā-, -sā′-)

n. Philosophy
The state or quality of existing in and of oneself, without external cause.

What is the point of God?
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by thehomer: 10:44pm On Jan 19, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You're seriously trying to explain how three different people can be one person at the same time? Really?
Do you know the difference between three different people and one particular person? Or the difference between the ideas of three and one?
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by MrMontella(m): 11:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
Richirich713:

Actually it's foolish to anyone who has a PhD in philosophy and is competent in philosophy of religion. Richard dawkins for example has neither of those things, which pretty much explains why this question is usually asked by laymen online atheists since his fans tend to think he knows wat he's talking but in reality he aint got a clue grin
please show us Job's phd cert.

3 Likes

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by dalaman: 3:36am On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

From our three dimensional world ,we can say God exists as three persons . I don't know how that looks like in heaven (God's realm ) . And I don't know how angels look like in heaven, I can't even decipher that . Everything was explained to us using anthropomorphism . And when they appear in our three dimensional world , they take three dimensional forms . And we call this a theophany

Please listen to yourself. God is not a 3 dimensional being for him to assume more than one eternal being you said and immediately you said God is 3 persons in one. Are you drunk?

You haven't demonstrated that non 3 dimensional beings can not be multiple and exist eternally. You just made that assumption based on nothing. Later on like your defunct portal, this star trek hypothesis of yours will be thrown away by you.

5 Likes

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 20, 2017
dalaman:

Later on like your defunct portal, this star trek hypothesis of yours will be thrown away by you.

Rofl
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:46am On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

@ Dalaman

I clearly said : from our three dimensional world we can say God exists as three persons .

2 Likes

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:55am On Jan 20, 2017
thehomer:

You're seriously trying to explain how three different people can be one person at the same time? Really?
Do you know the difference between three different people and one particular person? Or the difference between the ideas of three and one?

These videos can help .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkFlzFJ3kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvj87QCF0lg
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

I comment my reserve

Accepting that by faith means that I absolutely take God's revelation of his triune nature unto man in the bible as true
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by UyiIredia(m): 9:59am On Jan 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Why also assume that such a being cannot die? For to live is to die. There is no life without death. If you never die, you were never alive in the first place.

Logically, this eternal mind being could never be alive

Yet he says anyone can wrap their heads around an eternal being.

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2017
UyiIredia:

Yet he says anyone can wrap their heads around an eternal being.

Like I said- anyone can wrap their head around an eternal being. The issue is that there is no evidence or reality for it,.

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by MrMontella(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

These videos can help .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkFlzFJ3kA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvj87QCF0lg
all these are rubbishes and you know it..

By saying that a blasphemy(sin) against the holy spirit is unforgivable and in the same sentence saying that a blasphemy(sin) against the son of Man is forgivable..luke 12:8-10....
Jesus has already debunked your nonsense that God is three persons of/with one nature and being and co-equal bullshvt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by dalaman: 11:11am On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

@ Dalaman

I clearly said : from our three dimensional world we can say God exists as three persons .

From our three dimensional world God exist as 20 persons.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by DeepSight(m): 6:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
dalaman:

Many people do.
That is a lie. No one does.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by DeepSight(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Like I said- anyone can wrap their head around an eternal being. The issue is that there is no evidence or reality for it,.

Sir Bizzle, Lord of the Way.
Are you saying you are not real?
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
DeepSight:

Sir Bizzle, Lord of the Way.
Are you saying you are not real?

That would be uber paradoxical. How can a conscious being state that he/she is not real?

I dont follow....
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by TheNazarene: 11:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

Such nonsense.

for him to try to explain it to you means he has observed HIM, had a 'revelation of Him and has understood God in a way satisfactory to him.

The major reason why you can't understand is that the explanation is not yours to understand but his, so if you want to understand/observe God, you need to do that yourself.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by DeepSight(m): 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
JackBizzle:

That would be uber paradoxical. How can a conscious being state that he/she is not real?

I dont follow....

You said that there is no evidence or reality for God.
I say that you are the evidence and you are the reality that proves its existence.

Unless you are not real . . . .
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

1. Infinite regress is an impossibility

2. Something can't create itself or come from nothing uncaused or without deterministic conditions

3. You are left with an eternal independent (non-contingent ) immaterial mind

Simple
An...? Annnn??! Really?

Demonstrate why it should be a single entity

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 20, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Accepting that by faith means that I absolutely take God's revelation of his triune nature unto man in the bible as true
Well, what is faith? The criterion for authenticating..... well, WHAT?
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
joyContraMundum:
Well, what is faith? The criterion for authenticating..... well, WHAT?

Faith here means absolute trust . Of course not the type of faith the typical atheist has

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 21, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Faith here means absolute trust . Of course not the type of faith the typical atheist has
Well, beddy bye. We'll continue at dawn. It's past twelve and my dad is around.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by JackBizzle: 4:35am On Jan 21, 2017
DeepSight:

You said that there is no evidence or reality for God.
I say that you are the evidence and you are the reality that proves its existence.

Unless you are not real . . . .

What a non-sequitur

It does not follow. I am not evidence for God. No human being is.

Please, make a logical argument and not just a declaration without logic or evidence.

1 Like

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by UyiIredia(m): 8:12am On Jan 21, 2017
joyContraMundum:
An...? Annnn??! Really?

Demonstrate why it should be a single entity

If it's not a single entity it couldn't be God. Obviously there cannot be another God who created God, since He would require God's qualities. Furthermore, the idea is illogical because it contradicts the idea that God is non-contingent, eternal and omnipotent, since any God that created him would preced Him, be stronger than Him and He would be contingent on that God. As such, any self-existent, immaterial conscious being with God's qualities must be a single entity.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by UyiIredia(m): 8:13am On Jan 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

Liar.
Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by MrMontella(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2017
UyiIredia:

If it's not a single entity it couldn't be God. Obviously there cannot be another God who created God, since He would require God's qualities. Furthermore, the idea is illogical because it contradicts the idea that God is non-contingent, eternal and omnipotent, since any God that created him would preced Him, be stronger than Him and He would be contingent on that God. As such, any self-existent, immaterial conscious being with God's qualities must be a single entity.

It contracts the idea because you gave properties to God where evidence of such exist not.
Giving intricate properties on the nature of God makes you no different from the fundamental christian who believes his god has the ability to commune on a personal basis..find keys and all that..

The simpliest and most correct definition of God is ---The author of The universe...

Nothing more,Nothing less..

You presented no logical statement showing that God having a precedent impedes it from creating the universe....which is own concern...This universe...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: That Silly Question - "Where Did God Come From" - Aseity Discussion. by DeepSight(m): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2017
JackBizzle:

What a non-sequitur

It does not follow. I am not evidence for God. No human being is.

Please, make a logical argument and not just a declaration without logic or evidence.

I am truly at a loss sir.
I don't understand what you are saying.

When looking at a created thing, one can see attributes of its creator therein. In simple terms, where one looks at a computer once can discern not just that it was intelligently put together, but that its creator clearly has a need for storage and retrieval of information, for processing documents and programs and the like. Even a bicycle discloses that it has a creator and also discloses attributes of its creator - such as that the creator most likely has a need for movement, and most likely has two legs and two hands.

I don't understand how you can look at a fully formed being, starting as it does from the union of sperm and egg, developing in the wombs into a form with fit-for-purpose body parts: parts intricately designed to aid consciousness and active conscious experience of the world - all of the organs of the Body from the astonishing feat called a brain, to the mind-blowing things called eyes: to the ears, mouth, tongue - The heart, Lungs, Liver, digestive and reproductive systems, nervous and sensory systems: and the fact that therein lives and dwells a mind - of ideas, thoughts, emotions and self conscious will: and say to yourself that this does not of itself disclose a creator or creators who have set that process in movement with very definite intentions for conscious experiencing.

This is why I point to you as evidence of the creator and I can only be befuddled if you do not recognize that the wonder of your existence: in mind, body and spirit: is staggering evidence of the creator or creators.

But, as it happens, you are actually able to look at the totality of your self and declare: "no evidence!"
It can only be that you have a most dim and most low perception of your own being as a creature. You must regard yourself as something lower than an amoeba.

Ol boy, its benumbing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016 RCCG Holy Ghost Congress Dec 5-10th / Scientist Confirm That Hell Is Real / Kidnappers Of Olukayode Bajomo Demand 100million Ransom For His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.