Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (323734 Views)

Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Pwc Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2018 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Gnen: 2:30pm On Apr 12, 2017
mayoor15:
Guess you saw people with CFA, ACCA, foreign masters and local masters... It happened to me also, starting ACCA this year by fire by force...its made worse when you see people with those qualifications and are also working in top financial organisations and you will be like, me with bsc, my mates are not here
Mayoor15 lolllllllll..... Dont worry in Efe voice 'Based on logistics'.... Baba God go do am.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by LaRochelle(f): 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:

CFA applying for Graduate trainee...are you kidding me

If you want to open an accounting (audit) firm and you want to get a licence to do that, no matter what level of education you are, you have to do 36 months (or thereabout) apprenticeship in an accounting firm. In fact, if you like be a director in the organisation you work with but if you find you have an interest in being an auditor, you must start from the bottom in an audit firm.

My point is this: It is very much possible for a CFA to apply for graduate trainee programme in PwC because of the reason I gave above.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
LaRochelle:

If you want to open an accounting (audit) firm and you want to get a licence to do that, no matter what level of education you are, you have to do 36 months (or thereabout) apprenticeship in an accounting firm. In fact, if you like be a director in the organisation you work with but if you find you have an interest in being an auditor, you must start from the bottom in an audit firm.

My point is this: It is very much possible for a CFA to apply for graduate trainee programme in PwC because of the reason I gave above.

Ehn that one is for ican naa...u dont use CFA to get audit liscence.

Abi its another CFA you guys are reffering to ni...

Odidi CFA...maybe you should google the current number of holders in Nigeria.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AbbyE: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:

CFA applying for Graduate trainee...are you kidding me

They have a number of CFA in accounting firms na. If I am not mistaking, PWC has a corporate finance unit (Advisory)

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
AbbyE:

They have a number of CFA in accounting firms na. If I am not mistaking, PWC has a corporate finance unit (Advisory)

You didnt get my point...i didnt say CFA holders are not there,
Buh for a CFA holder to apply for a "graduate trainee"
Maybe i should post the requirement to take level 2 and 3 exams before even qualifying.

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2017
SacrodAYAN:

Foreign and local masters grin grin grin.......not like that jare.....twas the one-on-one interview......like make I just kuku join academic Line Of Service kind of masters...me and interviews angry angry
Were you lecturing them ni
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:

You didnt get my point...i didnt say CFA holders are not there,
Buh for a CFA holder to apply for a "graduate trainee"
Maybe i should post the requirement to take level 2 and 3 exams before even qualifying.
Baba be like say you never see PhD applu for some kind job
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2017
Must have four years of qualified, professional work experience.
Part-time positions do not qualify,
and the four-year total must be accrued *prior* to enrollment
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Besides, pwc is not just job for some people, it's a target and for some even if they are working in a coy ,they still prefer to work with pwc. To me I feel d easiest way to enter pwc is via the graduate trainee scheme

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:
Must have four years of qualified, professional work experience.
Part-time positions do not qualify,
and the four-year total must be accrued *prior* to enrollment
What if speeding is through with exams waiting to garner experience, can't he apply, not everybody that is through with ACCA and ICAN exams are also chartered.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 3:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
mayoor15:
Besides, pwc is not just job for some people, it's a target and for some even if they are working in a coy ,they still prefer to work with pwc. To me I feel d easiest way to enter pwc is via the graduate trainee scheme

Yea you are right....its just strange to me why a CFA holder who is expected to be a top shot will be applying for G.T, i still biliv u cant hold that "charter" and apply for G.T

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2017
mayoor15:
What if speeding is through with exams waiting to garner experience, can't he apply, not everybody that is through with ACCA and ICAN exams are also chartered.

That is where you are mixing it up...ican is a nigerian thing hence people manipulate it to even go for induction without experience

But CFA...bro to write stage 2 and 3 you will have to show your proof of experience...its not even written in Nigeria, the nearest is Ghana except it has changed.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by black101(m): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2017
Well, you can write level 2 and 3 without proof of experience.

However you do need 3-4 years investment related experience to earn the right to be called a "CFA Charterholder". passing the exam is one part and having the experience is another. So the chances that a CFA Charterholder in Nigeria would be applying for a position that requires you to be under 26 years is very slim.

But this derailing from the topic at hand, you people should let us know how your interview went.

Asiwaju12345:

That is where you are mixing it up...ican is a nigerian thing hence people manipulate it to even go for induction without experience

But CFA...bro to write stage 2 and 3 you will have to show your proof of experience...its not even written in Nigeria, the nearest is Ghana except it has changed.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 4:52pm On Apr 12, 2017
black101:
Well, you can write level 2 and 3 without proof of experience.

However you do need 3-4 years investment related experience to earn the right to be called a "CFA Charterholder". passing the exam is one part and having the experience is another. So the chances that a CFA Charterholder in Nigeria would be applying for a position that requires you to be under 26 years is very slim.

But this derailing from the topic at hand, you people should let us know how your interview went.

We drank coffee and ate digestive.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by OversightTM(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:

We drank coffee and ate digestive.
hahahahahaha...nice one!
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
LaRochelle:

CFA requires 4 years working experience in an investment bank or related consultancy.
Its very rare to see someone below 26 with that qualification. Just saying though, but anything is possible. Some people brain be like volcano eruption
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ednut1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2017
Asiwaju12345:

Yea you are right....its just strange to me why a CFA holder who is expected to be a top shot will be applying for G.T, i still biliv u cant hold that "charter" and apply for G.T
u be learner ni. i knw people with CFA in pwc and Stanbic who had never worked and came in as grad trainee. u never see person wey don pass CFA as contract staff. as for others dont be intimidated by uk masters, acca ican and all. na ur interview performance be koko

3 Likes

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mayoor15(m): 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2017
optimusmind:

CFA requires 4 years working experience in an investment bank or related consultancy.
Its very rare to see someone below 26 with that qualification. Just saying though, but anything is possible. Some people brain be like volcano eruption
Baba all this one na if u sku for 9ja like UI and OAU, if u go private, finish by 20, go for nysc 1Year, UK masters 1year, u still be around 22-23, if u start CFA during service and pass once if u are very good by 24-25 u are through and still meet d requirement to start as GT.... Impossible is nothing in this world o
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 12, 2017
mayoor15:
Baba all this one na if u sku for 9ja like UI and OAU, if u go private, finish by 20, go for nysc 1Year, UK masters 1year, u still be around 22-23, if u start CFA during service and pass once if u are very good by 24-25 u are through and still meet d requirement to start as GT.... Impossible is nothing in this world o
I agree with you.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by datjobhunter(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
Had my interview today, everything has been covered already by guys.
Just try to contribute during the group discussion, don't try to bring pple's points down and be careful with time.
One on one, just be calm, smile and be confident. I've not seen better interviewers, they are nice.

And be honest in all your responses.

4 Likes

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Da123: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
With you. May 8

odutobi23:
please those who had their oral interview today how did it go. please I Dont mind the details.
any may 8 in here?
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mcpat(m): 12:03am On Apr 13, 2017
At least there's digestive and coffee. Is there shortbread too?

grin grin grin
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2017
mcpat:
At least there's digestive and coffee. Is there shortbread too?

grin grin grin
Loool, ain't you in this country of change? Oliver twist!
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by maryjabeez: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2017
I really want to commend everyone that spoke after their interview, it shows our level of maturity. However, cheesy I think the response so far is a little vague like the guy who was asked that "competent based question" that threw him off balance. If no one wants to say it, please I would like to know the competent based questions asked. Not only for me bt for odas that wld read next year, other sets have helped. Hoarding might be safe bt remember interviews aren't certain. I would share mine once am done.

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 14, 2017
maryjabeez:
I really want to commend everyone that spoke after their interview, it shows our level of maturity. However, cheesy I think the response so far is a little vague like the guy who was asked that "competent based question" that threw him off balance. If no one wants to say it, please I would like to know the competent based questions asked. Not only for me bt for odas that wld read next year, other sets have helped. Hoarding might be safe bt remember interviews aren't certain. I would share mine once am done.
Absolutely agree... People are hodding questions , it's for good reasons. I hope they come past the question after they get offer letters
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Asiwaju12345: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Nobody is hoarding anything...mayor has said it all except you want to be fed with lies and phobia...personally I dont even see any reason why you should worry over it...its more of an interactive session than the conventional interview.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Yungchukzy(m): 10:55am On Apr 14, 2017
Please house, In the personal history forms, Part 3 & 4 (ocupational experience) Those of us who don't have any working experience, are we to leave the sections blank? OR can NYSC experience be included?.
Thanks.
Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by datjobhunter(m): 11:13am On Apr 14, 2017
Yungchukzy:
Please house, In the personal history forms, Part 3 & 4 (ocupational experience) Those of us who don't have any working experience, are we to leave the sections blank? OR can NYSC experience be included?.
Thanks.
Fill in your NYSC experience

1 Like

Re: PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by datjobhunter(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2017
maryjabeez:
The structure of the interview has been explained, and no 2 interview sessions are the same. Each session of the interview is about the candidate, and who you are.
My tip remains: Be calm, smile a little and be confident.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (96) (Reply)

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / N-Power Batch C1 & C2 - 2023 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.