Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696012 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by chimah3(m): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
HI GUYS!

Just for asking sake...ARE THERE SCHOOLS IN USA THAT DO NOT REQUIRE GRE FOR ADMISSION?

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??

WHAT SCHOOL?

THANKS!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
No. I started immediately because I know other people will be asking as well. I sent a mail to the Assistant Director copying finaid, one school gave me, the other said I should appeal. Am thinking of giving them a call later.

ganiyuadeoye:
After the admission offer, did you wait at all before you start bombarding them with funding mail?

Sending you a pm

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
for all those having intentions of being too smart or providing false informations here ( for what shall it profit a man if....complete the rest.) but this time don't cut your hands or pluck your eyeballs cut your tongue instead.be mindful of what you say.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
chimah3:
HI GUYS!

Just for asking sake...ARE THERE SCHOOLS IN USA THAT DO NOT REQUIRE GRE FOR ADMISSION?

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??

WHAT SCHOOL?

THANKS!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/315#52158691
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Amicable24: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
chimah3:
HI GUYS!

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??

WHAT SCHOOL?

THANKS!!!
Sure there are.. Why not visit the schools' websites online and go through their requirements.. There are some that don't require GRE Scores
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2017
Walspring:

Is the dollar still available ?
Wassup boss. I want to pay mine tomrw(sevis fee)
How do we do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 4:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
jatsay001:
Hello

I still have $1080 (Sold $420 ) that I want to exchange for Naira. Today is deadline to send the money home. I will send the money through western union today at 7PM (US Time)

So the rate is now $1/375. If you want to pay WES, SEVIS, Application and so on. PM me within 7hrs for arrangement.

I made payment for kallowdean(WES), Mathsquanta(SEVIS), & Mizzfy (WES but claimed refund, So I still have your money in my card). kallowdean, Mathsquanta & Mizzfy can call me within 7hrs ( I will hold the money for a week) if they have another payment online to make in future. ($1/375)

I want to pay for my sevis fee tomrw. How can u help me do it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
@walspring check your yahoo inbox I sent you mail about what we discussed on phone in the morning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
nellyalph:

So can someone get the money in dollars and not in naira?? Then prolly sell to aboki

I don't know if Nigerian banks issue dollars but this option was available on online WU as at middle last year when I checked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
shocked shocked cheesy
Acasian:
for all those having intentions of being too smart or providing false informations here ( for what shall it profit a man if....complete the rest.) but this time don't cut your hands or pluck your eyeballs cut your tongue instead.be mindful of what you say.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
chimah3:
HI GUYS!

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS??

WHAT SCHOOL?

THANKS!!!

This is the kind of question people ask www.google.com directly. Google runs on both phone and pc browser. Use it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
Guys please assist advice.

cmbagwu:
Good day house. please. I applied for Msc to study Public Affairs in NMHU in New Mexico and I got the admission. My i20 was sent in January 10th 2017 and registration was scheduled to end on the 24th of same month so I deferred till fall in August 2017. The question now is, I had initially been denied a b1b2 visa two years ago and same last year August. However, my dad just became a citizen of the US. He resides in Philly, which is why I didn't apply to any school there. Please hope this won't affect my procuring of the visa coz I'm at cross roads and really need advice.

Furthermore, how do need to say to convince them based on the fact that I have been denied twice? Although, my reason for applying last year was just to attend a seminar and as well see him.
Thanks in anticipation for the responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 7:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
cmbagwu:
Good day house. please. I applied for Msc to study Public Affairs in NMHU in New Mexico and I got the admission. My i20 was sent in January 10th 2017 and registration was scheduled to end on the 24th of same month so I deferred till fall in August 2017. The question now is, I had initially been denied a b1b2 visa two years ago and same last year August. However, my dad just became a citizen of the US. He resides in Philly, which is why I didn't apply to any school there. Please hope this won't affect my procuring of the visa coz I'm at cross roads and really need advice.

Furthermore, how do need to say to convince them based on the fact that I have been denied twice? Although, my reason for applying last year was just to attend a seminar and as well see him.
Thanks in anticipation for the responses.

As you already know your previous denials would put more scrutiny on your application at the interview. You have been denied visiting, seminar and now you're going for student. You need to proof you have a genuine purpose of going to U.S and not to migrate, as you've tried many other options. Nothing is impossible but you have to convince the VO you're not just looking for a cheap escape route. Answer this questions so that we all can best understand your case.

Did you do any standardized test.
How do you get the school and how many schools
When did you finish your bs
What is your credential like
What's your home ties
Who is your sponsor?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
jatsay001:

I will have $200 this Saturday at the rate of $1/390......... For WES and SEVIS payment only
Yaay!! It's fair tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Breamz(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
Harberdy:
Hello House,I have a Student Visa,Going to Cleveland State University for Summer 2017 by month end.pls i want to find out if buying Oneway Ticket would not be an issue for me at POE?.Who else is on F1 visa that has travelled recently with oneway ticket?Advise please

Boss,me too jus dey enta cleveland s.u for summer 2017 by April 20 Sha,qud to know i qat pple wey dey wit me ,abeq pm me,letz yan wella
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2017
Breamz:

Boss,me too jus dey enta cleveland s.u for summer 2017 by April 20 Sha,qud to know i qat pple wey dey wit me ,abeq pm me,letz yan wella
Una get visa, no transcript for others that are coming to benefit.. No nothing. Is that how you ppl use to do.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 1:00am On Mar 28, 2017
imperiouxx:

I don't know if Nigerian banks issue dollars but this option was available on online WU as at middle last year when I checked.

ok Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 1:00am On Mar 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

In the past yes it was allowed but it was changed maybe 5 years ago by CBN directive that all money paid out should be in naira if it in cash

If it paid in your dorm account yes you can still receive it in dollars

So No for now for cash payment

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gunther6(m): 1:10am On Mar 28, 2017
Adex097:
Good day all, I will be graduating in few months time; i've been preparing for the necessary pre-graduate school exams since last year (not really intense though). However, i will take the exams 2 months after my last UG exam.
My current profile goes thus;

Bs : Economics and Statistics
cgpa: 4.1/5.0 (after 7 semesters, my final semester just commenced)
proposed degree: Phd [fully funded]
Experience: UG research assistant
proposed Area of specialty: Econometrics, Quantitative Economics
GRE: work in progress
TOEFL: work in progress
proposed schools;
UNIVERSITY of Texas, Dallas
Binghamton University, NY
University of Houston, Texas.

I came up with these schools after some thorough research. I would really love to know if these aforementioned schools suit my profile/field. Also, i would'nt mind if anyone on here could help recommend some schools too.
cc: gunther6 GboyegaD Joeluv.
Thanks.

Economics is one of the fields where it is especially hard for you as a Nigerian to get into ' a fully funded PhD program ' with just a BSc, the 4.1 is rather low, too low for any PhD program with real aspirations. But if you have a barrel of money (arigbabuwo) nothing should stop you from applying, but if you have rather limited resources and you are looking to squeeze maximum value or generate some serious 'consumer surplus' you should focus on awesome Masters program like Miami University, Ohio or some other awesome school, see how it goes for one or two semesters, see how it actually goes. PhD especially in Economics is not beans and as a Nigerian trained one you will come to find out as the Americans say 'you ain't all that'. Choose wisely and I hail all the baba's in the house.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 1:17am On Mar 28, 2017
Gunther6 baba, I hail o cheesy
Owo meji, ese meji fun enikan!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gunther6(m): 1:23am On Mar 28, 2017
OluDare01:
Gunther6 baba, I hail o cheesy
Owo meji, ese meji fun enikan!

Egbon, a ki yin o. O t'ojo meta o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 1:53am On Mar 28, 2017
gunther6:

Egbon, a ki yin o. O t'ojo meta o
Yes boss, I still dey come peep here o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 6:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Chapecoense:

Una get visa, no transcript for others that are coming to benefit.. No nothing. is that how you use to do.
okay is that so omo geh Be fast oh lemme know oya broadcast you're gonna make me break my heart oh..grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2017
That was why I came on this platform to seek advice from the experienced ones.

I'm about to take IELTS which I'm still studying for.
I got the school from a colleague of mine who's studying there already. I also applied to Temple University, TSU and University of Pennsylvania.

I got my B.sc in 2011 and I have been working since. Presently, I work with one of the leading banks in Nigeria as a CSE and have been in the sector for 3yrs now.

I got a 2.98/5.0 due to some issues I had.

Presently, I have 2 cars in Uber that is generating income for me and I got a land somewhere in Lagos. I still work with the bank.

My dad is my sponsor. He is supposed to pay the tuition fees and I take care of the remaining school bills(housing, health, miscellaneous). So yes, my dad will be the sponsor. He's based in the US as a citizen that is why I'm a bit worried about going for the interview.

imperiouxx:

As you already know your previous denials would put more scrutiny on your application at the interview. You have been denied visiting, seminar and now you're going for student. You need to proof you have a genuine purpose of going to U.S and not to migrate, as you've tried many other options. Nothing is impossible but you have to convince the VO you're not just looking for a cheap escape route. Answer this questions so that we all can best understand your case.

Did you do any standardized test.
How do you get the school and how many schools
When did you finish your bs
What is your credential like
What's your home ties
Who is your sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:32am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:36am On Mar 28, 2017
Good Morning guys and How are you guys doing? Since I have not been successful in changing my moniker and this has reduce my contribution to the thread. I have decided to register with another mail and my new moniker is PrinceGee, pending the time i deactivate this moniker.

Thanks for your support guys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kelvyn02: 10:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Hello Eveyone,

Please is there anyone here that has changed his/her status while in the US from B1/B2 to F1 ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.