Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694850 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2017
Please everybody going to the interview ,should prepare well,since there is going to be a lot of visa refusals based on the memo sent by the Secretary of State to all embassies in African and Middle East.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/23/us/politics/document-Rex-Tillerson-Extreme-Vetting-Cables.html
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 10:46am On Mar 24, 2017
Also be prepared to surrender your social media accounts or random phone search according to the leaked memo

Peace to all!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ponpon(m): 11:01am On Mar 24, 2017
pcbo:
Please everybody going to the interview ,should prepare well,since there is going to be a lot of visa refusals based on the memo sent by the Secretary of State to all embassies in African and Middle East.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/03/23/us/politics/document-Rex-Tillerson-Extreme-Vetting-Cables.html
I'm very sure you didn't read this... Don't dissipate unnecessary fear....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 11:07am On Mar 24, 2017
ponpon:
I'm very sure you didn't read this... Don't dissipate unnecessary fear....
which part didn't i read well ,please tell me , just read the article on New York times and wanted people to know.
If i didn't comprehend ,kindly tell me ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:12am On Mar 24, 2017
pcbo:

That's a wrong information. You should read the article before posting it angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pcbo: 11:21am On Mar 24, 2017
omoluabiguy:

That's a wrong information. You should read the article before posting it angry
is not wrong information ,this is just recent and cover all non visa waiver countries
What i included is the original memo sent to the embassies .
Here is the same news reported by reuters and nytimes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-visas-exclusive-idUSKBN16U12X

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/us/politics/visa-extreme-vetting-rex-tillerson.html

Is not only those six banned countries but all non visa waiver embassies worldwide and even told not to offered interview above 120 per day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:32am On Mar 24, 2017
pcbo:

is not wrong information ,this is just recent and cover all non visa waiver countries
What i included is the original memo sent to the embassies .
Here is the same news reported by reuters and nytimes:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-visas-exclusive-idUSKBN16U12X

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/us/politics/visa-extreme-vetting-rex-tillerson.html

Is not only those six banned countries but all non visa waiver embassies worldwide and even told not to offered interview above 120 per day.

you indicated there's going to be alot of visa refusals and the article to the best of my knowledge was talking about tightening security and more visa scrutiny for tourists and relatives of US citizens. I cant remember how any of that affects a student visa applicant neither can I remember reading anything related to student visa applicants either. This is F1 thread. You might want to post that on visitors visa thread

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
omoluabiguy:

you indicated there's going to be alot of visa refusals and the article to the best of my knowledge was talking about tightening security and more visa scrutiny for tourists and relatives of US citizens. I cant remember how any of that affects a student visa applicant neither can I remember reading anything related to student visa applicants either. This is F1 thread. You might want to post that on visitors visa thread
don't sugarcoat to make it look less important I think the message there is people should be prepared for a strict vetting process f1 visa type doesn't make it anymore easier. besides if you see that tourist or anyother visa type application is going to be tough to get through in order to infiltrate where would you be eying next?people should be ready to expect anything and be well prepared to that's the point we should know that by now with or without an article am sure he wasn't trying to impact fear or panic on anyone. and also let's learn to understand something first before spreading... p.s everyone with his own point of view to smtn

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Amicable24: 1:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

You see why schools should be listed..
Dalutin , I was thinking it's Weber State University grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charzyh2: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
penitential:
Oga, i didn't say she should use the excuses am giving her. Am just giving her insight as to what she can use. Better give your own advise and leave. You don't have to quote me when giving her advice.
Uncle penitential no vex

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2017
Teedawg:
don't sugarcoat to make it look less important I think the message there is people should be prepared for a strict vetting process f1 visa type doesn't make it anymore easier. besides if you see that tourist or anyother visa type application is going to be tough to get through in order to infiltrate where would you be eying next?people should be ready to expect anything and be well prepared to that's the point we should know that by now with or without an article am sure he wasn't trying to impact fear or panic on anyone. and also let's learn to understand something first before spreading... p.s everyone with his own point of view to smtn

Just like some of those already in U.S sleeping with one eye open. U.S immigration is tight for now. Also since those guys mentioned Tillerson/Trump and his clan are into notice me attitude, one shouldn't relax like before when trying to get entrance into U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
imperiouxx:

Just like some of those already in U.S sleeping with one eye open. U.S immigration is tight for now. Also since those guys mentioned Tillerson/Trump and his clan are into notice me attitude, one shouldn't relax like before when trying to get entrance into U.S.

You say immigration is tight.
Then we had a wonderful post today on a forum that Visa officers read.
Poster says straight out "I am entering airport Bleep on Bleep day and my intention is to overstay! shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
worry357:

You say immigration is tight.
Then we had a wonderful post today on a forum that Visa officers read.
Poster says straight out "I am entering airport Bleep on Bleep day and my intention is to overstay! shocked shocked

He must be a dumb. Tight as in immigrants are not treated like the old administration anymore, most especially the undocumented ones.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folafetty: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

Still on offer o...lest I change to N320 grin

Hey you can pm me if you still need the dollar!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
OGreene:
Good morning.

Opened my mail and saw congratulatory message from Uni of California Berkeley. 5/5 and all positive. OMG!!! Admission letter and funding to come weeks later.
I dont know what helped my application most, I would really love to let others do same. I have responded to several pms about my application, its just my SOP I have been discussing. I have talked about it here briefly. My LOR were from very good profs and 1 geek. Then average academic profile. My GRE score broke my heart a thousand times.

Thank God. Thank you guys (so many names to mention smiley). This thread played a role definitely. If there is anyone considering Development track, we can discuss in-depth about your application.

To anyone that wants to apply to top schools, you can give it a shot and stay positive. But as LagosismyHome said when I started, add more schools, safe schools. Spread your risk.

Stage 3: fellowship/funding hunt. That's another big thing to deal with. I will keep pushing.

Thank you once again

Congrats to you sir! University of California, Berkeley is one of the best university in the world!!!! Am so happy for you bro!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Hi All, is there anyone attending the upcoming National Society of Black Engineers 43rd Convention at Kansas City next week? If you are attending, please pm me, i would like to meet some of the faces behind this amazing forum. grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

Still on offer o...lest I change to N320 grin
Lol. Na your response I dey wait for since.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Vwederian(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Which school in the USA accepts second class lower GPA OF 3.3 for MSC in Engineering without GRE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2017
kallowdean:
$60 non-refundable application fee. Credit card payments cannot be accepted. Payment must be wired to the university using Peer Transfer.

Who understand this please and can do the payment? i will reimburse Naira

ontop $60 application angry, some school sef . it means no card payment only wire transfer to the school is allowed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by abbeYhart(m): 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sent you a PM
DanjaNinja:
Hi All, is there anyone attending the upcoming National Society of Black Engineers 43rd Convention at Kansas City next week? If you are attending, please pm me, i would like to meet some of the faces behind this amazing forum. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Josh4wod: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Amen
Chinewon88:

Father in Heaven, may the rates continue to become more favourable for the sake of your children going for Fall '17.
Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nad95: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Pls who can help me. I want to receive $280 from somebody in the US, the option of western union was not palatable to him and he seems angry. As a busy person, he will not have the time to go thru the hassle of western union. Who can help me receive the money and send me the naira equivalent. I need help embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dalutin: 9:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
LagosismyHome:

First start by going through previous transcripts both the rejected and approved so you learn from both ways. ...then do a mock interview with as many questions u see in the transcript so you are fully prepared . Look out for all d ones who went to school of business

After you do a mock. Reach out to a couple of people here to give u feedback.... i think that a good foundation / starting block . And do it in good time ahead of your next interview so it's not rush and it gives allowance for people to get back to you (a lot are busy so response might not be immediately. )

Thanks so much @lagosismyhome...i've digested the transcripts both approved and rejected, and i'm quite impressed. I should get my visa approved this time around by God's grace. However, i still need a mock interview for proper preparation. I dont know how u and gurus in the house can be of help...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dalutin: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
charzyh2:

This is shallow and can lead to another straight denial. @Dalutin u can simply download the transcripts from this link and thank me later: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AADbiS4UG7q57b0qcFPjaPkna?dl=0

Thanks boss...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ponpon(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nad95:
Pls who can help me. I want to receive $280 from somebody in the US, the option of western union was not palatable to him and he seems angry. As a busy person, he will not have the time to go thru the hassle of western union. Who can help me receive the money and send me the naira equivalent. I need help embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I hope it's not picker you're looking for.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nad95:

Hope that you are not looking for someone to help in 419 scam!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nad95:

Lol. The hustle is real as people don dey find picker on NL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nad95: 10:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
What's ur problem. have i ever scammed any of you before. infact, I am a regular visitor of the nairaland travel section. Pls i have not scammed any one on nairaland, nobody should damage my reputation pss

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.