Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (702873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
neurosci:

My eyes caught this. Are you serious or just kidding in the usual manner? Give more details if you are serious.

And who knows how to calculate WASSCE GPA?

chimsimdindu:

Know that A1,B2, =4 POINTS
B3, C4 . = 3 points
C5, C6 = 2 points
D7,E8= 1point
Then take the average . divide by no of subjects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

35kg is most likely another route not Nigeria to the US

Emirate from Lagos to the US is
Number of bags allowed Two (2)Two
Standard allowance per bag 23 kgs
Maximum allowance per passenger 2 bag(s) of 23 kgs each

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator.aspx

You are right. Lagos to US is 23kg each for 2 bags; I just checked to verify now. That feels better. I'll split into 2 medium size bags

Also, Thanks to biikeys and 234ng44uk

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2017
OluDare01:

You told me the same thing last year grin

Really? It's a fact, anyone that's been long on this thread has committed to have a successful interview.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
yeah! you're right bro
imperiouxx:

Really? It's a fact, anyone that's been long on this thread has committed to have a successful interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 5:05pm On Jun 03, 2017
sirhamilton:
Good Afternoon all, please does anyone have a list of schools that require just toefl and don't need transcript evaluation ( for MS in biology).
So far my search has turned up virtually nothing.
Thanks in advance nice folks.
Check New Mexico state university, Oklahoma state university, University of Nebraska Lincoln.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
F1 visa on my mind I can't just wait to get on my passport, Abba Father Help me ;DF1 visa on my mind I can't just wait to get on my passport, Abba Father Help me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2017
electronic:
Visa Approved at Lagos Consulate grin
Today
6:30am Time Slot.
Transcript Loading...

Congratulations grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 5:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
successflow:
F1 visa on my mind I can't just wait to get on my passport, Abba Father Help me ;DF1 visa on my mind I can't just wait to get on my passport, Abba Father Help me
Be anxious for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2017
segunojo866:
r.i.p
Guy, which kind play be this na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmyirab(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hushee:
Guy, which kind play be this na
you sent me a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 6:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
electronic:
Visa Approved at Lagos Consulate grin
Today
6:30am Time Slot.
Transcript Loading...
Congrats Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2017
asiwaju87:

Boss.... i have done that once , i trying to that again but was told i have sent too many anonymous mail.

Replied..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
TheGreat342:

I did boss. Maybe, you didn't get my last response. My reply was; I will contact you next week say make i go gather the money. Many thanks!

Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
electronic:

Justwise
imperiouxx
Bigfrancis
slimmy2005
Walspring
Texrem
pgiddy
Ojap
Nobody
towbaynah
Lagosismyhome zeezahbee MsNas cool
Renewable0216
Onlypatt!!
joeluv
sirRiddy
Mayflowa
OluDare01
Texrem
djmakson
Icool
Motoshor
Helkayklassic
seeker88
amanze15
Mekurexx

The list is Endless....
i am truly grateful for all the support from you guys.
i am confident that all the peeps here still working on their application would share their good News in Due time... cool

Congrats buddy...I always got your back...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by timmb(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2017
Hi good people. How can I get to embassy from Ketu and how many mins ll it take to get there.. I'm having 6:30 am interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by charliejose: 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Please house, what does a school mean by an official transcript? Is it going to be one sent straight from institution or an evaluated one?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
timmb:
Hi good people. How can I get to embassy from Ketu and how many mins ll it take to get there.. I'm having 6:30 am interview.

From ketu...shouldn't be more than 45mins...I am not sure about the nigerian transport system. its been long tho.. grin grin Well, take a bus to CMS, then from CMS, enter a bus to bonny camp. stop at bonny camp. Cross to the other side and walk backward as if you are going back to CMS. just 2mins walk. USA embassy will be by your right!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2017
charliejose:
Please house, what does a school mean by an official transcript? Is it going to be one sent straight from institution or an evaluated one?

Yes directly from your school. but if the university want the transcript to be evaluated, i am sure it will be on their application guidelines online and they will state it that it must be sent directly by the evaluating agencies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2017
Congratulations
Onoa:
Visa approval.
Hello house!.To the Glory of God, my Visa was approved today 1st of June at the Lagos consulate!! As i have learnt a lot from the transcripts on this thread, i decided to share mine for the benefit of others.
My appointment was for 7a.m, but I arrived few minutes after 6 am. Everything was quick and orderly and I was done with all by 7:20am.

I was next in line to be interviewed by the VO in window 3 (a young pretty Lady). Here is my transcript:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning (with a smile)

Vo: please pass me your documents
Me: passed them (passport, i20 and sevis receipt)

Vo: I'm going to be asking you a lot of questions (in a slightly jovial tone)

..I was shocked because I don't know why she said that..
Me: okay( guess she just wanted to chat)

Vo: Why are you going to the U.S.?
Me: I am going for my master's degree in Interdepartmental Nutrition with emphasis in Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition at University of Nebraska- Lincoln

Vo:When did you graduate?
Me:Nov. 2015

Vo:What have you been doing..(told her Nysc)
Me: I went for my compulsory youth service which I finished in April this year.

Vo:Where did you work during your Nysc?
Me: I worked as a laboratory assistant in the pathology department of a health and diagnostics centre at Ikeja.

Vo:What tests did you carry out in the path. department?
Me: (wasn't expecting this question) tests for malaria, typhoid,....(thinking)..tests for pathogens in stool, ..Renal function tests, Liver Function tests...

Vo: (nodding) then cuts in..What did you study in your undergrad?
Me: Biochemistry

Vo: so tell me, what is Biochemistry and tell me the courses you did and explain some?
Me: Biochemistry is the study of chemical processes that take place in living things such as plants, animals, humans (in my mind, I was like, thank God I prepared for this question)...i studied general biochemistry, so I was introduced to different fields that relate to Bch such as food Bch, plant Bch, industrial Bch, pharmacology, enzymology. I was also taught nutritional Bch which I picked interest in and am going for, for my Ms...started talking about how studies show importance of nutrition to good health.. She just kept nodding and staring at me and typing. I made sure I maintained eye contact.

Vo:How did you get to know about the school?
Me: I found out about the school through extensive research on the internet and by streamlining my search based on my area of interest and the availability of funding opportunities.

Vo:How many schools did you apply to?
Me:5

Vo:Name them?
Me:Uni of Neb., Uni of Delaware, Uni of Kentucky, Texas tech uni and Cornell Uni.
..she said something about Cornell, like her dad works there or went there..i didn't reply

Vo:Have you travelled outside Nigeria?
Me: No

Vo:Have you travelled inside Nigeria?
Me: (really?)Yes, I schooled in Ogun state and i have been to my state of origin, Edo state,.. didn't feel like mentioning others.

Vo:Who is sponsoring you?
Me:I was offered a research assistantship which covers my tuition, health insurance and offers me a generous stipend...my mum would be paying for the rest.

Vo:What does she do?
Me: She owns an English teaching support service..she publishes books and offers training in English to students and staff of pri and sec schools..

Vo: gave me the white paper, ..said some things I honestly didn't hear, about when to pick up the visa (sometime next week) and I would need these(my i20 and sevis receipt)....
Me: (smiling) Okay, thank you, have a nice day..

Vo: have a safe flight.

Thanks to all those keeping this thread alive and thanks to SirRiddy for reviewing my SOP back then.

Am sure whatever I would say has been said before already, but I'd like to emphasize, that prayer is very important, it definitely helped boost my confidence and gave me the grace to remember and fluently answer the questions, because she really didn't pause at anytime, the questions just kept coming. Preparation is also key, although I prayed hard to be asked only 3 questions (lol), I made efforts to prepare very well for any question that might be asked. Best wishes to future applicants!.

Profile: GPA- 4.52/5.00
GRE: V- 155, Q- 155, AWA- 3.5
TOEFL: 111

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
omoluabiguy:

You are right. Lagos to US is 23kg each for 2 bags; I just checked to verify now. That feels better. I'll split into 2 medium size bags

Also, Thanks to biikeys and 234ng44uk
Please, does this mean that if one of my checked in bags weighs less than 23kg and the 2nd weighs more but both don't exceed 46kg I will still v to pay?
cc Walspring
cc Lagosismyhome
cc Texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
timmb:

Hi from ketu is so easy.

Get to Ketu bus stop, enter obalende bus,alight at last bustop I.E ull have to descend the bridge at obalende. Ull see Keke screaming at you. call one of them and tell them ur going to Walter Harrington, in fact they know you when they see you, at least that was what the Keke guy told me on my own day.

All we are talking about is approximately 30mins and this is because the road will be super free if you can get to Ketu bus stop by 5am

Good luck to you brother....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Please, does this mean that if one of my checked in bags weighs less than 23kg and the 2nd weighs more but both don't exceed 46kg I will still v to pay?
cc Walspring
cc Lagosismyhome
cc Texrem

If the second bag weighs more than 23kg...u will be told to readjust the bags and move things from the heavy to the less to make sure its 23.9kg max per bag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
Congratulations bro
electronic:
Visa got approved at Lagos embassy!!!

I arrived at the embassy by like 6:05 am. After missing my way :0
Did all the necessary biometrics and arrangement of documents. Then I realised that I did not have my 2x2 passport. I was almost shaking. But then I remembered that the DS160 instruction insisted that we upload Our PICs. Luckily no issues came up.
I then headed for Biometrics and Documentation. Na so interview Start OHH. Only the cute lady in Window 3 was active as that time and the first guy was given a Blue paper. (Whew).
Omo few minutes later all the VOs started arriving like Kilode. Interview dey Hot. Blue paper dey fly, few whites that were well deserved. Chinese guy just dey try communicate with one MAZI from Imo state (hilarious Convo…but the man got his Visa ohh…. no time).
I landed in Window 5, the lady gave everybody Blue paper before me…omo

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Pass me your I20 and Passport
VO: So why are you going to the US (Straight Face... typing small small)
Me: I am going for a PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Montana State University
VO: What is your highest degree of Qualification (DS160 Things)
ME: Msc Electrical Electronics at Bleep Uni…
VO: What were the processes involved in your application (Looking at me eyes)
Me: I had to prepare an SOP, CV, Referee letters, write Standardised test like TOEFL and GRE and I also had a Phone call Interview with my prospective Principal Investigator. Dr. Bleep (I just dey yarn with my TV English while VO dey nod)
VO: So what would you be working on
Me: Well I would basically be working on Neuro Signalling with the aim of acquiring brain signals to integrate robotics like the robotic arm. I would also be providing solutions that interface with such devices like the Brain Computer Interface….. (I was talking kinda Fast but quite calm sha…. she had to come slightly closer).
VO: (Still Typing) So Have you travelled out of the country before
Me: No, I have not had a reason to
VO: so where do you work?
Me: I work as a Researcher at research institute in Bleep university, where we develop solutions on robotics, build software for SMEs..(Looking at my DS160 on her screen).
VO: (Second time) So Have you travelled out of the country before
Me: No, I have not had a reason to
VO: how would you be funding your Education
Me : I got a full a Scholarship and Monthly Stipend (VO looks at my I20 Again….)
VO: So what are your Strong ties to Nigeria:
Me: Well I am the first of 5kids and I have a couple of landed properties and Investments
VO: And all your parents are Here
Me: Yes mam
VO: And all your sibilings are in Nigeria right? Loking at DS160 on the screen
Me: Yes (whew….. aunty hold my passport, Open drawer…. White paper Approaching)
VO: Okay I would be approving your visa you can pick it up on bla…..
Me: Thank you mam. cool

I thank all the Peeps/Chicks that were here with me all through the this Process....
God bless you all mehn..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

If the second bag weighs more than 23kg...u will be told to readjust the bags and move things from the heavy to the less to make sure its 23.9kg max per bag
Thanks. Lastly, please can I put food in the carryon bag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:20pm On Jun 03, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:

Any liquid that for sure is a no no on carryon bags. Not even water, perfumes etc

For food on carryon . Personally i have not tried it so i really dont know about food .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 8:49pm On Jun 03, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Yes you can. Any food you like, cooked or raw. Only avoid liquid.
If it's cooked food you want to eat aboard or snacks, you can put that in a separate bag. You're entitled to a cabin bag and another smaller​ bag like a female hand bag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
234ng44uk:

Yes you can. Any food you like, cooked or raw. Only avoid liquid.
If it's cooked food you want to eat aboard or snacks, you can put that in a separate bag. You're entitled to a cabin bag and another smaller​ bag like a female hand bag.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Anty oo.. Ejoo.. Please ehh if u have a relation in the USA and your applying for this study visa, is it necessary u mention them wen filling the form and also during interview.. My aunts daughter want to apply.. So am using the experience from the thread to help her..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

There is a new rule regarding laptops...ensure you verify or check . Laptops now have to be inchecked bags and no longer in hand luggage . What i am not sure if its all airlines now or airline coming from a certain country.

Only applies to flights through/from Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the UAE for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by nellyalph: 10:43pm On Jun 03, 2017
OluDare01:
Happyday, I like your piece but I don't think we're inferior.
In my first semester,the only challenge I had was settling in,once I did,I hit the ground running. I had done most of the topics we did in my first semester during my undergrad so I found everything easy but challenging. I think it boils down to the individual, major and how solid his/her undergraduate was. The major challenge I had was operating the instruments and I was taught.
This is where self esteem comes into play too,some folks have low self esteem so they resort to bleaching just to look fair.
I think you need to talk about the American English,I'm still struggling with their words after 10 months,crazy,isn't it?

You are not the only one struggling with their American English... some people grab it at a go, don't know why mine is different, I think age is a factor too.... I always ask myself this question, would it have been different if I found myself studying in London Since we were taught with British English??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tayonani: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Walspring:

I sent you pm
pls I want to do my evaluation on ECA too , how can I go about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (409)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.