Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,926 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (697445 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bwiizy92(m): 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
Guys please I need help. Anyone here studying at indiana University of Pennsylvania.. Its urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
Walewummi:
Pls what do u guys think about these schools? In reference to funding, ranking, and acceptance rate.

UNCC
University of Memphis
UT Dallas
UAB
University of Memphis,UT Dallas and UAB should fund you if you're going for a PhD and I believe you would get in with a decent profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
Walewummi:
Pls what do u guys think about these schools? In reference to funding, ranking, and acceptance rate.

UNCC
University of Memphis
UT Dallas
UAB
What course are you going for at UNCC? If its engineering like Civil, Electrical and computer or Mechanical etc, Faculties don't award RAs to incoming masters student because they don't really know their attitude to work, character etc , some RAs only pay instate part of your tuition in UNCC. An RA is very hard to come by in your first semester and if you get a TA, TA doesn't waive any part of your Tuition, all you get from TA is stipend. So you might want to look else where. And no matter the school you decide to apply to, specifically ask the grad cord there policy for awarding TA/RA , some schools dont award TA to incoming students until you have taken their own English proficiency exam and be sure to ask if TA/RA waives any part of the tuition. Different schools and different states have different policies

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
OluDare01:

University of Memphis,UT Dallas and UAB should fund you if you're going for a PhD and I believe you would get in with a decent profile.
Going for Msc. Do they give any sort of funds to Msc with a decent profile? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walewummi: 9:12pm On Feb 27, 2017
femi321:
What course are you going for at UNCC? If its engineering like Civil, Electrical and computer or Mechanical etc, Faculties don't award RAs to incoming masters student because they don't really know their attitude to work, character etc , some RAs only pay instate part of your tuition in UNCC. An RA is very hard to come by in your first semester and if you get a TA, TA doesn't waive any part of your Tuition, all you get from TA is stipend. So you might want to look else where. And no matter the school you decide to apply to, specifically ask the grad cord there policy for awarding TA/RA , some schools dont award TA to incoming students until you have taken their own English proficiency exam and be sure to ask if TA/RA waives any part of the tuition. Different schools and different states have different policies
Thanks I'm going in for Bioinformatics MSc, it's jointly offered by biological science, mathematics and computer science department. I already been communicating with the grad coordinator since Nov last year though I've not mention issues pertaining getting TA or so. Infact I'm just hearing it from here, I'll do that. So if I wasn't given any sort of funds like how much would I have to hold to cover for a year, tuition inclusive?

Thing is I'm planning on submitting my application by May has the grad coordinator said that's the deadline for fall as an international applicant. Do you think It's advisable with the short time frame? I read somewhere here application closes for fall earlier. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
Walewummi:

Thanks I'm going in for Bioinformatics MSc, it's jointly offered by biological science, mathematics and computer science department. I already been communicating with the grad coordinator since Nov last year though I've not mention issues pertaining getting TA or so. Infact I'm just hearing it from here, I'll do that. So if I wasn't given any sort of funds like how much would I have to hold to cover for a year, tuition inclusive?

Thing is I'm planning on submitting my application by May has the grad coordinator said that's the deadline for fall as an international applicant. Do you think It's advisable with the short time frame? I read somewhere here application closes for fall earlier. Thanks.

Well, it looks like you are already prepared to pay for the tuition! You might be lucky to get funding though, but I can tell you for free that deadline (especially funding) for most schools is fast approaching if not closed except for few schools. Also, if you re targeting fall semester, you shouldn't have to wait till May to submit your application; by May most applicants would be talking form i20 and visa application. In conclusion, You should be rounding up with your applications by now if you are to go in for Fall 2017

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2017
In respect to this and to buttress what @fem321 said, I will advise you to sort for the info from someone in the school so as to also explain the strategy to benefit very well from there RA and the best semester to come into the school in other to benefit from this RA which can cater for your in state tuition. This was almost the exact case in one of the school I submitted application to and the information I got from the student wouldn't be reveal to me by the coordinator himself. He is more of the same scenarios that femi321 painted here and I was abreast with the best strategy to benefit from the RA in the institute. I only pray for a successful application into most of the schools for now. #Respect to @femi321 and the gurus in the house

Walewummi:

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2017
Walewummi:

Most funding application is closed but admission application should still be open. May is too close to submit an application even if the deadline is may. You wouldn't want to be under intense pressure to process visa etc. The Tuition for Engineering is about 11350 per semester and the living expenses is relative. An average 4bed student apartment goes for between $400 - $600 per month.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2017
for those who first did the iGPA calculator before the WES evaluation.was there a difference between the both GPAs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
You may have to check their website or talk with your grad coord
Walewummi:

Going for Msc. Do they give any sort of funds to Msc with a decent profile? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:00am On Feb 28, 2017
signature2012:

Yeah.Let the $500m CBN pump into the system finish,then watch next what will happen.

Those who pumped it will re-pump another one...

Don't mind useless set of people called themselves FG and CBN..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:02am On Feb 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Definitely watching CBN with side eyes. In a week it will be back to status quo........as in you go to banks and they continue to hoard the dollar due to demand/supply taking it back to square one or where it was last week....

anyway let enjoy the high naira , things have gotten way too expensive in Nigeria so this is good news

Don't watch them because they are fooling themselves because they have already shared the $500m among themselves (Business as usual)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Scholastica16:

Cynic alert!

I have a feeling you want the exchange rate to keep getting bad. Perhaps, you benefit from round-tripping it. This is most certainly the reason even good policies fail in Nigeria- because someone somewhere is devising means to circumvent it.

I saw a subsequent post where you stated you are an ex-banker. If that is true, you should know that the FG had been pumping in FX (as much as they could) but the exchange rate kept getting worse because they prioritized manufacturers who in turn were re-selling said FX back through the BMs in order to make outrageous profits.

Well, the CBN Governor has changed methods and now FX is released to benefit school tuitions and PTA amongst other school related things so I am optimistic it will work and LAST. One reason I feel so is because the FX for the tuition will not be handed to the customer but will be wired directly to the respective schools who will have a hard time re-wiring money to the customer (if they wanted to be disingenuous) seeing that they could face money-laundering crimes in their country.

This has been in place ever since pdp era and it was stopped for no go reason..

A guy came here and posted how he make money using form A, bank will send the money to his school account as his school fee but he got excess dollar via form A and his school send the balance to his US account and he will send the balance to exchange at BM to make cool cash..

Can't we see that we have so many problem in the nation called Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:10am On Feb 28, 2017
signature2012:

It is a pity you dont understand Nigeria economy and the political elites(cabals).
Let us wait and see if my prediction will come to pass or not.
Fyi,out of the $500m disburse to banks,they were only able to get $370m,where is the remaining $130m,we don't know.

The 3 things killing our economy are :

Corruption.

Lack of strong economic team/good economic policy.

Too much dependent on importation.

I read few weeks ago or ending of last year that a member of the senate or house of rep wanted to pass a bill to legalize corruption in Nigeria stating that it will make those who stole money to come and use it to invest in Nigeria

I wish those senators and house of rep member should be paid #19,800 as allowance since they claimed they are serving Nigeria after all Corp member are also serving Nigeria and they were all paid #19,800

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:14am On Feb 28, 2017
DeeTus:
Forget about these political elites so to speak because all of them are selfish, criminals and have nothing spectacular to offer. They have decided to always take what belongs to the people. The people have been crying to the most Powerful to judge these crazy politicians.

God's judgement is that only if they return what belongs to the people, they too will never have peace.

Nature is really balanced!

Hmmmmm.... The mystery behind all these now is that some of them will go to heaven if they confess die minutes before their death but those they stole from and wasted because of their selfishness, criminal activities and stealing pensioners funds might not get to heaven...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:17am On Feb 28, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Thanks. I checked the application portal now and it shows that GRE has been received

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:18am On Feb 28, 2017
sirRiddy:

150 to a dollar? No more, no less

Lol.... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:19am On Feb 28, 2017
slimmy2005:
If you can take acting from Osinbajo's title I will

hahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2017
akin3102:
Imagine, Meanwhile the embassy said it is not possible. Please can you list the documents required.I have already booked my flight to Atlanta..

akin3102:
Can you imagine, I sent a friend to the embassy in New York and they told him that is not possible to get it in a day..

It might be so because for some weeks now there is scarcity paper to issue passport and even majority of all the states in Nigeria and there is rumor that the cost of getting a new passport will increase again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2017
234ng44uk:
What are you guys even talking about? Looking for one-day service from a Nigeria embassy and you also have multiple outlets to choose from? In UK, passport can only be renewed from a single location, London. And that takes at least 2 weeks.

They are talking about US and not UK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:32am On Feb 28, 2017
Walspring:

Don't watch them because they are fooling themselves because they have already shared the $500m among themselves (Business as usual)

Ŕeally ?? shocked shocked
Them quick start the sharing oooo .... hia !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 28, 2017
Walspring:

I read few weeks ago or ending of last year that a member of the senate or house of rep wanted to pass a bill to legalize corruption in Nigeria stating that it will make those who stole money to come and use it to invest in Nigeria

I wish those senators and house of rep member should be paid #19,800 as allowance since they claimed they are serving Nigeria after all Corp member are also serving Nigeria and they were all paid #19,800

Haha. I doubt if the senator knew literally the meaning of the word "legalize" for he wouldn't have said that.

I thought that there had been substantial increase on the amount of money paid to these Corpers?

For me, I think the NYSC should be optional. Serving your country without any motivation to succeed in life is certainly a drawback.

It also should be more practical orientated. Companies all over the world are no longer interested in theoritical but practical.

Keep your certificates aside and demonstrate to us what you can do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by forgiveness: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2017
@Justwise

Welldon bros. You are doing a great job here.

Can you please help me out with some of informations?

What type of letters are needed for someone going for a Christian leadership fellowship, organized by one of his church branch in New York?

I know the person needs an invitation letter from the church there but I want to know the type of letters to be written to the embassy by the person's church who is one of the pastor of the church branch here.

Is it confirmation letter or recommendation letter?

Does the person needs ordination certificate from the church?

What are the chances of the person getting a visa if he is going to be sponsored by his relative and not the church?

This is not the first time his relative sponsored him.

How does one proves he was sponsored by same relatives for same program he went to in Korea some few years ago?

Help one of my friend pastor is going for an interview tomorrow morning by 9:30am.

He submitted his application last week Friday evening and he is going for interview tomorrow.

Did he submit the application forms to late?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bae026: 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2017
Guys, NICE ONE.

Never knew such forum existed.

I've been given admission into one private university in USA....for April intake.

I'm presently pursuing my Visa interview with the Embassy.

But my issue here is, I don't have any money for school fees, or anything.....the whole money I was having is what I used to pursue the admission and Visa interview, Sives fee...etc.

My question is, if I can raise money for my flight ticket.... would the school still take me and maybe I work for them and pay the fees gradually?

Masters Program inview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by emmasax(m): 1:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
pls house I need your suggestions on US universities that can that can consider my low GPA 2.6/5, want to study environmental sci for fall. pls I need your opinions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
hello great gurus in the house, i have a bsc in accounting 3.48cgpq to be precise, am so confused at the moment, don't knw the schools to choose that is still affordable for masters in management or business management, kindly tell me your suggestions, and please am I to write only Gmat exam or toelf too?

thanks and God bless you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.