Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,884 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696234 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TooMuchSauce: 10:48am On Mar 02, 2017
fredoricko:

I got ur pm but couldn't reply as my mails are reverted for some unknown reasons.
How can I help??
Check your PM man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:
of cos I knew I needed transcript.i entered the school in 200 level through direct entry. I have diploma from another university.i did some courses in 100 level and all these were included in the transcript.CALUMS sent the transcript I sent to them to wes for evaluation and it was Wes that returned my transcript to them that it was incomplete....
It's not including these documents. It's about asking WES first of all, what their requiements are before evaluating your transcript. Do you really understand what I mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 02, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

Check your PM man
I have.There's nothing there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Byjerstyk: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2017
Good evening everyone (using Nigeria time)
Have been going through this trend lines in line and the few minutes used, is just so awesome.
I would like to know more about the difference between processing a Canada Students Visa and US students Visa.
Thanks in anticipation, as i welcome your undiluted reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
DeeTus:
It's not including these documents. It's about asking WES first of all, what their requiements are before evaluating your transcript. Do you really understand what I mean?
i understand what you are saying.the school procedures is for you to send all your required documents which includes transcript,and other related documents and pay your fees.then once the school receives the documents then they send the transcripts to Wes themselves once Wes is done Wes would respond.that is how it's done in Calums.thats why you pay the school $270 wihich includes application fees,course evaluation and international postage.i hope you understand what am I mean.thanks for your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kinematicguy: 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:
Good day house.i am trying to get admission at calums.i have sent all my documents to them.but my results was returned to the school from Wes because my 100 level transcript was not included. I have diploma from another university.I joined my d university in 200 level using direct entry.meanwhile I did 5 GST courses in 100 level and all these are included in the transcript.now am stucked I do not know what to do.please house your suggestions is needed.thanks

I think you will need to get your diploma transcript and send. That will make do for the blank 100level in your new school transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
kinematicguy:

I think you will need to get your diploma transcript and send. That will make do for the blank 100level in your new school transcript.
ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:
ok thanks

CALUMS is not a good ranked school and then if you want to do MBA which is a competitive field to enter the job market . I dont think CALUM is the way to go ,......... at all sad

Yes for now, the tuition might look cheaper than others but what the point spending your "hard earned " money on a degree from a school that will do little or nothing for your RESUME . I think you should re-think this school if its MBA

Think of your long term future, focus on applying to a proper university , not one of these " one building school" .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Yes for now, the tuition might look cheaper than others but what the point spending your "hard earned " money on a degree from a school that will do little or nothing for your RESUME . I think you should re-think this school if its MBA

I keep saying "check the quality of the school and their employment record.
But no one listens!
It's just cheapest school with no tests.

Then they can not get employment and all that money is gone.

embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 1:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

CALUMS is not a good ranked school and then if you want to do MBA which is a competitive field to enter the job market . I dont think CALUM is the way to go ,......... at all sad

focus on applying to a proper university , not one of these one building school .

Please i Sent you a Mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hi guys, I'm owing someone $20- a payment for my TOEFL score recipient shipping from ETS. I couldn't succeed in paying the person back via paypal as I had hoped, so I'm now thinking of buying US dollars here and sending to the person, since he does not want the naira equivalent. But I do not have a domicialiary account or Form A to send dollars to the person. So, I want to ask if there's anyone here who needs the naira equivalent of $20. I'll send you the money, while you will help me send $20 to the person I'm owing. Is it possible? Is there anyone here who can help with this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Durosure(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
neurosci:
Hi guys, I'm owing someone $20- a payment for my TOEFL score recipient shipping from ETS. I couldn't succeed in paying the person back via paypal as I had hoped, so I'm now thinking of buying US dollars here and sending to the person, since he does not want the naira equivalent. But I do not have a domicialiary account or Form A to send dollars to the person. So, I want to ask if there's anyone here who needs the naira equivalent of $20. I'll send you the money, while you will help me send $20 to the person I'm owing. Is it possible? Is there anyone here who can help with this?

please contact us via my signature.. that is what we do
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by yinkaorry(f): 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
worry357:

I keep saying "check the quality of the school and their employment record.
But no one listens!
It's just cheapest school with no tests.

Then they can not get employment and all that money is gone.

embarassed embarassed
who says there are no tests.i have an online test to be done. A link has already been sent to me to complete the English test.Besides I have about 2 people that have been there and it's cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
neurosci:
I can help transfer to the person while you credit my bank in naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
check your email I replied your PM

espaciousay08:

I am still waiting for your reply... Sent you a PM already

jatsay001:
I have $1000 to exchange for Naira at 425Naira to 1$...... PM me for arrangement.

I am still waiting for your reply... Sent you a PM already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:
who says there are no tests.i have an online test to be done. A link has already been sent to me to complete the English test.Besides I have about 2 people that have been there and it's cool.

Cool ke.... anyway you have been adviced ooo

CALUMS is accredited by ACICS which means as an international student no Opt and h1B quota when you graduate ....what the point attending such a school ..OPT/H1B is very essential

Recently US Department of Education announced that itis no longer recognizing the -'ACICS' the agency which accredits some of the small US universities.

International students attending schools that are being recognized by ACICS will not be allowed to get OPT (Optional practical training) and will not get H1B in Masters degree quota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Byjerstyk:
Good evening everyone (using Nigeria time)
Have been going through this trend lines in line and the few minutes used, is just so awesome.
I would like to know more about the difference between processing a Canada Students Visa and US students Visa.
Thanks in anticipation, as i welcome your undiluted reply.

That's good...keep reading. Read the Canadian student visa thread too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Byjerstyk: 4:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
biikeys:

That's good...keep reading. Read the Canadian student visa thread too.
I would have be happy, if your response is productive
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 5:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
who wants $50 for doing nothing? You must be in the USA tho. PM me for more details.
PS: only those that are in the USA should PM me o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
Christian129:
who wants $50 for doing nothing? You must be in the USA tho. PM me for more details.
PS: only those that are in the USA should PM me o

But I'm in Nigeria o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MsNas(f): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Cool ke.... anyway you have been adviced ooo

CALUMS is accredited by ACICS which means as an international student no Opt and h1B quota when you graduate ....what the point attending such a school ..OPT/H1B is very essential

Recently US Department of Education announced that itis no longer recognizing the -'ACICS' the agency which accredits some of the small US universities.

International students attending schools that are being recognized by ACICS will not be allowed to get OPT (Optional practical training) and will not get H1B in Masters degree quota.
Wow. Thanks for this information. I never knew ACICS lost accreditation. I need to point out one thing though.. Student that attended those ACICS accredited schools can apply for the regular 12month OPT. They just cannot apply for the 24month STEM OPT Extension (even if they graduated with a STEM Degree) and they can still apply for H1B, but only under the normal quota and not the Masters' quota. All these restrictions are stupid and I will advise anyone to steer clear of such schools (i.e CALUMS) anyways. It's not just worth a hassle.

Personally, I see no reason why anybody will come all the way from Nigeria to attend CALUMS. It's a one building university and I don't even think the certificate carries much weight. People get deceived by the name California University of Management Sciences and thinks the school is a public state institution, but its not

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
Which one is us again? Hia! Before the poor fellow knows, your billings to him is already equivalent to taking a flight to the recipient' s location kiss grin. What his Walspring or Lady Lagosismyhome will do without even blinking their eyes?
Durosure:

please contact us via my signature.. that is what we do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by zeezahd: 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hi, my name is zeezahd. I am MsNas' younger sister. I just graduated and I am looking to do my masters or PhD in the US. My sister introduced me to this thread and suggested I read this thread to gain valuable insights into this process and I hope you guys are able to help. Thanks in anticipation

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2017
Welcome smiley
Your sister is a wonderful girl cheesy
You can read through this previous part https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
and ask questions and people
will be more than willing to answer them. Good luck
zeezahd:
Hi, my name is zeezahd. I am MsNas' younger sister. I just graduated and I am looking to do my masters or PhD in the US. My sister introduced me to this thread and suggested I read this thread to gain valuable insights into this process and I hope you guys are able to help. Thanks in anticipation

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
Well you will gain more from the Canadian thread.

From the little i read there last year, I know you package your documents including passport and submit at the Canadian embassy and do Biometrics. It will take them 3- 4 months to respond, approve or reject. And you need to include the account statement of the sponsor and I think you must have paid part or full tuition too. And after you have submitted your docs, they call you to go and do medicals, they have selected hospitals.

You wont be interviewed like in US student visa.

Things might have changed. I no know ooo.

Byjerstyk:

I would have be happy, if your response is productive
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:

My dear brother (or sis), na beg I beg you, listen to what the elders are saying. It would have been slightly better if you're going for STEM programs (like Engineering and hard Sciences). You'll still need to work very hard, but then chances are bright. You wanna get an MBA from a school that sends you an online link for an English test?

Truth is, most MBA schools worth the stress of attending have their applicants' pool uber full already. In short, they're not shy to reject the best. Guys with perfect GPA, many years industry experience, and lofty personal statements are not even sure of getting in. Talk of HBS, Stanford GSB, Wharton.

It will shock you that some MBAs from even those highly-selective schools still end up in frustrating jobs afterwards. Nothing in life is assured, but you want to be able to say, you did all you could.

Quick question: Why do you wanna get an MBA anyway? Just curious.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 7:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
zeezahd:

Your sis is mouthed, MsNas seyan! It would be an honor to help in any way I can. Anything you need, just ask!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by guzzst: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello

I submitted on the 9th of January, I am sponsoring my self, paid half of the tuition 7500 can usd, applied for supply chain @ fanshawe college for a one yr course(Graduate certificate program), studied economics (bsc) and graduated 2004, did nysc d following year and since then I have worked in 3 financial institution. Submitted my statement of acct (9m) ..my home tie is my wife and daughter in Niger, included my pensions statement showing almost 5m with stanbic pensions and submitted every other forms for application (paper route) to my surprise I tracked it on d 22nd of february and I was told my passport has been processed and returned back to where I applied.my friend(agent) that assisted me package everything said it's a bad sign, that I'm suppose to get a mail for medical first. I got a letter of introduction from my office, notarized my documents. i didn't do medicals upfront.

I picked my passport today,02/03/2017 and I was denied ,reasons are below

1-YOUR PROPOSED STUDIES ARE NOT REASONABLE IN LIGHT OF ONE OR MORE OF:YOUR QUALIFICATION,PREVIOUS STUDIES,EMPLOYMENT,LEVEL OF ESTABLISHMENT,YOUR FUTURE PROSPECTS AND PLANS.
2-YOU HAVE NOT SATISFIED ME THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA AT THE END OF YOUR STAY,PURPOSE OF VISIT.

so please what do I do, intend reapplying thru online method
I intend doing upfront medicals
I finished with a 2.2 in economics if not would have applied for masters direct, I hope I have given enuf info for you guys to advise me

Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Byjerstyk: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
OGreene:
Well you will gain more from the Canadian thread.

From the little i read there last year, I know you package your documents including passport and submit at the Canadian embassy and do Biometrics. It will take them 3- 4 months to respond, approve or reject. And you need to include the account statement of the sponsor and I think you must have paid part or full tuition too. And after you have submitted your docs, they call you to go and do medicals, they have selected hospitals.

You wont be interviewed like in US student visa.

Things might have changed. I no know ooo.

God bless you boss, you answered maturely sir, Albeit have searched and seen the thread and deliberations are on going sir.
Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
yinkaorry:
The online English test is not standardized. Look for a good school for your MBA so that you can become someone in the future. And not depending on anyone to survive.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
guzzst:
Hello

I submitted on the 9th of January, I am sponsoring my self, paid half of the tuition 7500 can usd, applied for supply chain @ fanshawe college for a one yr course(Graduate certificate program), studied economics (bsc) and graduated 2004, did nysc d following year and since then I have worked in 3 financial institution. Submitted my statement of acct (9m) ..my home tie is my wife and daughter in Niger, included my pensions statement showing almost 5m with stanbic pensions and submitted every other forms for application (paper route) to my surprise I tracked it on d 22nd of february and I was told my passport has been processed and returned back to where I applied.my friend(agent) that assisted me package everything said it's a bad sign, that I'm suppose to get a mail for medical first. I got a letter of introduction from my office, notarized my documents. i didn't do medicals upfront.

I picked my passport today,02/03/2017 and I was denied ,reasons are below

1-YOUR PROPOSED STUDIES ARE NOT REASONABLE IN LIGHT OF ONE OR MORE OF:YOUR QUALIFICATION,PREVIOUS STUDIES,EMPLOYMENT,LEVEL OF ESTABLISHMENT,YOUR FUTURE PROSPECTS AND PLANS.
2-YOU HAVE NOT SATISFIED ME THAT YOU WOULD LEAVE CANADA AT THE END OF YOUR STAY,PURPOSE OF VISIT.

so please what do I do, intend reapplying thru online method
I finished with a 2.2 in economics if not would have applied for masters direct, I hope I have given enuf info for you guys to advise me

Tnx

You are in the wrong thread, This is where you should ask your question https://www.nairaland.com/3649314/canadian-student-visa-thread-part

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
guzzst:
Hello

I picked my passport today,02/03/2017 and[b] I was denied[/b] ,reasons are below

so please what do I do, intend reapplying [/b]thru online method
I finished with a 2.2 in economics if not would have applied for masters direct, I hope I have given enuf info for you guys to[b] advise me

Tnx

Denied for what? Apply where? Advise you on what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.