Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696098 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 1:27pm On Feb 28, 2017
hello great gurus in the house, i have a bsc in accounting 3.48/5 cgpa to be precise, am so confused at the moment, don't knw the schools to choose that is still affordable for masters in management or business management, kindly tell me your suggestions, and please am I to write only Gmat exam or toelf too? thanks and God bless you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
jeffery23:
hello great gurus in the house, i have a bsc in accounting 3.48cgpq to be precise, am so confused at the moment, don't knw the schools to choose that is still affordable for masters in management or business management, kindly tell me your suggestions, and please am I to write only Gmat exam or toelf too?

thanks and God bless you all
Iowa State University, you have to write GMAT or GRE and TOEFL (with a score of at least 100/120). But trust me, the tuition and cost of living are relatively very low. But the state is very cold o, its in the midwest

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
jeffery23:
hello great gurus in the house, i have a bsc in
accounting 3.48/5 cgpa to be precise, am so confused
at the moment, don't knw the schools to choose that
is still affordable for masters in management or
business management, kindly tell me your
suggestions, and please am I to write only Gmat
exam or toelf too?

I may not know much about your financial status but I can say that no school is affordable. With the current exchange rate tuition in the US alone would be at the very least 4M for the first year alone, that is if you're given the privilege of in state tuition. That said, you still have to pay for accommodation, other administrative fees, insurance and your own personal upkeep. Unless you're of the Otedola clan, then I'll advice you to take your time and start reading from the last 3 or 4 threads. That way you'll get insight on how to prepare for the GRE and or TOEFL and pray to get funded.
But if you still looking for a sch with low GPA requirement, then checkout Cleveland state university. I wish you success

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
emmasax:
pls house I need your suggestions on US universities that can that can consider my low GPA 2.6/5, want to study environmental sci for fall. pls I need your opinions
I got ur pm but couldn't reply as my mails are reverted for some unknown reasons.
How can I help??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
Bae026:
Guys, NICE ONE.

Never knew such forum existed.

I've been given admission into one private university in USA....for April intake.

I'm presently pursuing my Visa interview with the Embassy.

But my issue here is, I don't have any money for school fees, or anything.....the whole money I was having is what I used to pursue the admission and Visa interview, Sives fee...etc.

My question is, if I can raise money for my flight ticket.... would the school still take me and maybe I work for them and pay the fees gradually?

Masters Program inview.

Start all over and look for schools that can fund you....you don't need an agent. BTW, you would still need some money even if you get funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ImpeccableOne(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
jeffery23:
exam or toelf too?

For business or management graduate programs, the GMAT exam is preferred by schools than GRE. Many top business schools accept only the GMAT. You need to know however that the GMAT and GRE cannot be compared when it comes to difficulty level. The GMAT is on another level. One could get above 315 in GRE and not be able to score over 600 in the GMAT. The GRE is much easier. However, some schools will accept the GRE. Also, some schools have a scale on equivalent scores ie. what specific score a 600 in GMAT translates to in the GRE.
The easier route is to find a school that will accept GRE. If you know yourself and believe you can break the GMAT, please go ahead and take it over the GRE.
As regards TOEFL, take it! I'm not sure if management/business schools give assistantships to international students, but if they do, I bet they'd have good TOEFL scores as a criteria for eligibility.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2017
Bae026:
Guys, NICE ONE.

Never knew such forum existed.

I've been given admission into one private university in USA....for April intake.

I'm presently pursuing my Visa interview with the Embassy.

But my issue here is, I don't have any money for school fees, or anything.....the whole money I was having is what I used to pursue the admission and Visa interview, Sives fee...etc.

My question is, if I can raise money for my flight ticket.... would the school still take me and maybe I work for them and pay the fees gradually?

Masters Program inview.

The bold is very difficult to do . As a student you are only allowed 20hours on campus . a 20 hours job will not cover Tuition, rent and living expenses . You end up risking been out of status , illegal and emotionally down . .

Also you have to make sure that the private school is not one of those "one man room" schools , as an international student that will do nothing for you at the end of the program ........If you do not have money , your best alternative is you use brain to go for masters, get good test scores which will make you competitive for funding
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 4:16pm On Feb 28, 2017
forgiveness:
@Justwise

Welldon bros. You are doing a great job here.

Can you please help me out with some of informations?

What type of letters are needed for someone going for a Christian leadership fellowship, organized by one of his church branch in New York?

I know the person needs an invitation letter from the church there but I want to know the type of letters to be written to the embassy by the person's church who is one of the pastor of the church branch here.

Is it confirmation letter or recommendation letter?

Does the person needs ordination certificate from the church?

What are the chances of the person getting a visa if he is going to be sponsored by his relative and not the church?

This is not the first time his relative sponsored him.

How does one proves he was sponsored by same relatives for same program he went to in Korea some few years ago?

Help one of my friend pastor is going for an interview tomorrow morning by 9:30am.

He submitted his application last week Friday evening and he is going for interview tomorrow.

Did he submit the application forms to late?

The US embassy doesn't care about invitation letters you just have to answer questions truthfully.

Yes his travel history will help but he still need to proof that he has a strong tie to Nigeria, good job or profitable business, family and other investments

If he is going to represent the church then the church should sponsor him and not relatives.

This is a wrong thread for this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyroyalty: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2017
boss walspring sent you a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2017
How come no one mentions they are going to MIT/STANFORD/HARVARD University..Abi nah aliens them dey give admissions for those schools undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
I am in need of Naira please. I have like $300.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Iowa State University, you have to write GMAT or GRE and TOEFL (with a score of at least 100/120). But trust me, the tuition and cost of living is relatively very low. But the state is very cold o, its in the midwest

thanks alots, yeaa going for GMAT already, whatsup with work ish in the state, hope dere is job opportunities there o to pull up along ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jeffery23: 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2017
ImpeccableOne:

For business or management graduate programs, the GMAT exam is preferred by schools than GRE. Many top business schools accept only the GMAT. You need to know however that the GMAT and GRE cannot be compared when it comes to difficulty level. The GMAT is on another level. One could get above 315 in GRE and not be able to score over 600 in the GMAT. The GRE is much easier. However, some schools will accept the GRE. Also, some schools have a scale on equivalent scores ie. what specific score a 600 in GMAT translates to in the GRE.
The easier route is to find a school that will accept GRE. If you know yourself and believe you can break the GMAT, please go ahead and take it over the GRE.
As regards TOEFL, take it! I'm not sure if management/business schools give assistantships to international students, but if they do, I bet they'd have good TOEFL scores as a criteria for eligibility.

thanks alots, yeaa going for GMAT already, whatsup with work ish in the state, hope dere is job opportunities there o to pull up along ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2017
iekene:
How come no one mentions they are going to MIT/STANFORD/HARVARD University..Abi nah aliens them dey give admissions for those schools undecided undecided undecided undecided
hope you know those schools have reached new level of low acceptance rate?
I thought somone talked about an offer from Duke in previous posts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by forgiveness: 7:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
justwise:

The US embassy doesn't care about invitation letters you just have to answer questions truthfully.

Yes his travel history will help but he still need to proof that he has a strong tie to Nigeria, good job or profitable business, family and other investments

If he is going to represent the church then the church should sponsor him and not relatives.

This is a wrong thread for this

I see. Thanks for the information.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by damine: 1:17am On Mar 01, 2017
jeffery23:
exam or toelf too?

Check Hood College http://www.hood.edu/MBA/. No GRE or GMAT required but you'll have to write TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:56am On Mar 01, 2017
jeffery23:

Actually, I am not yet schooling there. I am #TeamFall2017. I know a few guyz schooling there though. Would find out for you..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 8:01am On Mar 01, 2017
happyroyalty:
boss walspring sent you a mail

I have replied your mail and some other people mails as well..

Check your junk or spam box you should see it there if it's not in your inbox
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by damiliano(m): 10:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Anyone in Bowie State University pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jayroland: 11:29am On Mar 01, 2017
cseejhay:
for those who first did the iGPA calculator before the WES evaluation.was there a difference between the both GPAs?

Please does anyone have an answer to this question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mrsmith11(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2017
Jayroland:

Please does anyone have an answer to this question?

@cseejhay

My Gpa was higher after the official evaluation from wes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kevoki(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
slimmy2005:
I am in need of Naira please. I have like $300.
I need $200 bro, what rate do u intend using?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Byjerstyk: 3:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Good evening everyone (using Nigeria time)
Have been going through this trend lines in line and the few minutes used, is just so awesome.
I would like to know more about the difference between processing a Canada Students Visa and US students Visa.
Thanks in anticipation, as i welcome your undiluted reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jayroland: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2017
mrsmith11:

@cseejhay
My Gpa was higher after the official evaluation from wes
OK. thanks for the insight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by akin3102(m): 3:27pm On Mar 01, 2017
I need naira, if you need dollars. Please PM me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 01, 2017
Kevoki:

I need $200 bro, what rate do u intend using?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2017
a friend has $300 to exchange at 435 naira to $ , exchange needed within 48hours .........
anyone interested ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Tornado warning was issued in Middle Tennessee early this morning. As I dey hear wind dey blow whistle shocked my mind dey cut o cheesy cheesy
Who don experience Tornado cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2017
House, I asked my grad. Admission cord. thus:

Please am I likely to get some form of tuition waver and GA in my first year as a graduate student, as exchange rate in my home country, Nigeria, have really skyrocketed, thereby kind of distorting my budgeted funds for this studies,...?

I hope they wouldn't view my question as though Im solely depending on their funding please? cry cry shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oloriStella: 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Even if it does, Bro, you are protected, God build a wall of protection and put his angels to bear you put!
NO EVIL NEWS come near your dwellings and because of his beloved out there, such occurrence is hereby averted in thy Name of Jesus! Amen.
OluDare01:
Tornado warning was issued in Middle Tennessee early this morning. As I dey hear wind dey blow whistle shocked my mind dey cut o cheesy cheesy
Who don experience Tornado cry cry

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 5:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
oloriStella:
Even if it does, Bro, you are protected, God build a wall of protection and put his angels to bear you put!
NO EVIL NEWS come near your dwellings and because of his beloved out there, such occurrence is hereby averted in thy Name of Jesus! Amen.
Amen o cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.