Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694583 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by GboyegaD(m): 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hushee:

Omo, that's serious. He has to be a genius.

I guess he is. He is a bright kid right from high school. Blasted SAT, did UG on full scholarship as an honors student, won awards, and made President's list. He is playful too and enjoys cooking.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by borie4u(m): 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Today get as he be. Out of the three schools I applied to two don send regret mail. I tire MTU and uni of Arizona. Huh so depressing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 4:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm new here, have just been observing from the sidelines and finally decided to share my problem, the story is pretty long but I will make it short. my case is entirely different but I believe I can get some sort of advice from you guys, thanks a lot in anticipation of a reply. I used an agent to gain admission to a Sch in America, South Dakota state university brookings, I paid the agent and he toook care of everything, including the courier service, for sending the i20 to nigeria, I was offered admission for jan 2017, I went for the interview myself, and I was granted the visa, then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. The officer asked if I could be let In so I can sort it out in Sch but they refused, so i was adviced to withdraw my application voluntarily and go get admission from another Sch and another visa, but there was no ban, I was sent back home. I have just recovered from it all now thinking on how to remedy my situation, till I stumbled on this page, now my problem is, I don't know whether to go right ahead and get another admission and go for another visa interview or to write a letter to the embassy in Nigeria explaining what happened, cos my visa was for two years, I need help guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 4:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
Hi everyone, I'm new here,

I believe that because your school withdrew your entry then your visa is no longer valid.

You need to start again (without an agent.)
Register and pay for school entry, then apply for a visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
borie4u:
Today get as he be. Out of the three schools I applied to two don send regret mail. I tire MTU and uni of Arizona. Huh so depressing

Don't give up bro, It is well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. .

Just wow shocked ... all this trouble due to Sevis / cancelled credit card . How upsetting it must have been..... People really need to stay very far away from agents

Sorry for your experience... i pray the future outcome is postive for you.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
Hi everyone, I'm new here, have just been observing from the sidelines and finally decided to share my problem, the story is pretty long but I will make it short. my case is entirely different but I believe I can get some sort of advice from you guys, thanks a lot in anticipation of a reply. I used an agent to gain admission to a Sch in America, South Dakota state university brookings, I paid the agent and he toook care of everything, including the courier service, for sending the i20 to nigeria, I was offered admission for jan 2017, I went for the interview myself, and I was granted the visa, then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. The officer asked if I could be let In so I can sort it out in Sch but they refused, so i was adviced to withdraw my application voluntarily and go get admission from another Sch and another visa, but there was no ban, I was sent back home. I have just recovered from it all now thinking on how to remedy my situation, till I stumbled on this page, now my problem is, I don't know whether to go right ahead and get another admission and go for another visa interview or to write a letter to the embassy in Nigeria explaining what happened, cos my visa was for two years, I need help guys.

Go and start afresh and trust me when you go for another interview just be truthful because embassy has already been cc why the visa was cancelled at POE.

To those fighting and arguing with slimmy when he pointed out such similar act like this about some agents, you can read this touching story now

It is well ooooo

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Just wow shocked ... all this trouble due to Sevis / cancelled credit card . How upsetting it must have been..... People really need to stay very far away from agents

Sorry for your experience... i pray the future outcome is postive for you.

Amen to the bold..

Let those who has ear listen and read the touching story...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
borie4u:

Try another school and you will smile at the end of the day grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by borie4u(m): 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
Walspring:

Try another school and you will smile at the end of the day grin grin grin
Is it still possible for fall admission cos schools hardly admit geology in spring !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Walspring:

Go and start afresh and trust me when you go for another interview just be truthful because embassy has already been cc why the visa was cancelled at POE.

To those fighting and arguing with slimmy when he pointed out such similar act like this about some agents, you can read this touching story now

It is well ooooo

But that situation was technically not the same though.....

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 4:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
why not write to the school and explain the situation to them sort it out and re enter us again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 4:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
I used an agent to gain admission to a Sch in America, South Dakota state university brookings, I paid the agent and he toook care of everything, including the courier service, for sending the i20 to nigeria, I was offered admission for jan 2017, I went for the interview myself, and I was granted the visa, then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. The officer asked if I could be let In so I can sort it out in Sch but they refused, so i was adviced to withdraw my application voluntarily and go get admission from another Sch and another visa, but there was no ban, I was sent back home. I have just recovered from it all now thinking on how to remedy my situation, till I stumbled on this page, now my problem is, I don't know whether to go right ahead and get another admission and go for another visa interview or to write a letter to the embassy in Nigeria explaining what happened, cos my visa was for two years, I need help guys.

This agent/tout has to be sued and should repay all that you invested in this endeavor. He used a stolen card. A great offence. Your Visa is now invalid because your SEVIS was terminated and you withdrew your application [visa] for entry. Student visa is a spectacular type of visa. You will need to start afresh and appear for a new interview. It's a pity dear. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
feguson123:
why not write to the school and explain the situation to them sort it out and re enter us again?
helloo everyone this thread is training me so much huge thanks to the gurus.please I'm about applying to a school for master in mech engr,I had 2.5gpa in my undergraduate which school can accomodate e on my grade?a please throw more light on what is the term sevis and what does I mean?and which of the test should I take,gre,toefl,sat gmat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by saninwa: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2017
@Michelleflores.

If you have the strength for a legal battle, I encourage you to make a lawsuit. If the agent is a registered business under the cooperate affairs commission, they must be forced to repay, so long as you have all the evidence of payment and other documentation. and the biz can even be closed down. Using a stolen card to operate, I wonder how many people they have done this to. I know you must have invested heavily in the course of this endeavor.

These agents are causing a lot of harm than good.
shocked no wonder embassy call them touts...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
saninwa:
@Michelleflores.

If you have the strength for a legal battle, I encourage you to make a lawsuit. If the agent is a registered business under the cooperate affairs commission, they must be forced to repay, so long as you have all the evidence of payment and other documentation. and the biz can even be closed down. Using a stolen card to operate, I wonder how many people they have done this to. I know you must have invested heavily in the course of this endeavor.

These agents are causing a lot of harm than good.
shocked no wonder embassy call them touts...
This is Nigeria and not the United State or a developed country. Things don't work normally here. Him going for a legal battle is just a distraction for him , waste of Time and resources. Legal case here are not expedited, they take years, I am sure by then he would have graduated from the masters sef. Not to sound insensitive but I guess that should be a lesson to him and others that keep using agents for what they can actually do themselves.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
feguson123:
helloo everyone this thread is training me so much huge thanks to the gurus.please I'm about applying to a school for master in mech engr,I had 2.5gpa in my undergraduate which school can accomodate e on my grade?a please throw more light on what is the term sevis and what does I mean?and which of the test should I take,gre,toefl,sat gmat
Well your gp is low but if you are ready to do the work, you will find some schools that will accept your grade. You will definitely need to do GRE and Toefl to boost your profile,Try to get good scores. Read this first www.graddecisions.org then Start searching for schools here 1) www.msinus.com 2) www.google.com. Go to each school website and check for the requirements. The work is tasking but nothing good comSevi fee is about $210 (including charges), you pay before you go for Visa interview. Its mandatory. cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
borie4u:
It is well, be hopeful on the last one. You should have spread your risk more and applied to at least 5 schools. Don't give up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 5:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
Missed the thread. How is #teamfall2017 doing?

Wishing you all the best. I am up for mock and sevis. You hit me up grin

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks y'all, I'll do just that, reapply, I just pray it doesn't affect my next application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
And oh, I'm a 'she' not a 'he'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:

You are a she. I'm so sorry for your denial. When next you wanna apply to schools, make sure you do the application yourself. just wondering how much you paid that guy? Get you mind together, application is pretty simple. Shoot me a PM!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
LagosismyHome:

But that situation was technically not the same though.....

Won't her name pop up from future sevis payment? I mean; they already have her name and DOB in the database, would it jeopardize her future sevis payment? I'm just curious of her situation. I hope it all works out fine for her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temmitats(f): 6:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:

Sigh :'. These agents are the devil, I'm so sorry may God replenish you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 6:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
Edit your profile profile make we see your gender
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temmitats(f): 6:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
femi321:
This is Nigeria and not the United State or a developed country. Things don't work normally here. Him going for a legal battle is just a distraction for him , waste of Time and resources. Legal case here are not expedited, they take years, I am sure by then he would have graduated from the masters sef. Not to sound insensitive but I guess that should be a lesson to him and others that keep using agents for what they can actually do themselves.
Information is key and not everybody is opportune to have it.We are just lucky to have found this thread.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 7:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
texrem:

Please, I need mock sessions o. I am looking at early May for my interview and I have the first draft of my mock interview ready. How can you help me?. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:07pm On Mar 10, 2017
This week, have gotten admissions in University of Pittsburgh and Columbia University. Then Johns Hopkins Uni just now, conditional, was told to complete some online courses or in an accredited school.

No news on funding. But I will keep mailing them and keep believing that something will work out.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Won't her name pop up from future sevis payment? I mean; they already have hjavascript:void(0);er name and DOB in the database, would it jeopardize her future sevis payment? I'm just curious of her situation. I hope it all works out fine for her
ahe probably would be given a different sevis id or something if she decides to apply to a new school..her image may already be tarnished in the previous school maybe...
that is realy sad and selfish on agent after all the money she has paid how much is application fee for christ sake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
We dey ooo

texrem:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2017
Some people are so wicked. I fear anything 'agent'. I feel they do more harm than good.

@poster, so sorry.

temmitats:

Sigh :'. These agents are the devil, I'm so sorry may God replenish you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temmitats(f): 7:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
OGreene:
This week, have gotten admission in University of Pittsburgh and Columbia University.

No news on funding. But I will keep mailing them and keep believing that something will work out.
Congratulations, those are good schools. What course please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.