Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694632 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
When I hear agents I run
Most of them don't have conscience at all
Imagine an agent told a guy to pay $1000 as visa fee, na car you wan buy?
Fear agents to avoid stories that touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
At all ooo. shocked

OluDare01:
When I hear agents I run
Most of them [/b]don't have conscience at all[b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
International Development / Development Practice

Masters. Thank you

temmitats:

Congratulations, those are good schools. What course please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temmitats(f): 7:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
OGreene:
International Development / Development Practice

Masters. Thank you

Interesting, I'll be applying to upittsburgh for fall 2018 sha, I pray you get funding. I'm going for civil engineering.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Won't her name pop up from future sevis payment? I mean; they already have her name and DOB in the database, would it jeopardize her future sevis payment? I'm just curious of her situation. I hope it all works out fine for her

Not just sevis that this will history will pop it....but the whole US visa waka and possibly create future problems due to fraud alert . She just have to own up to the situation by not attempting to hide it at all (truth only, its on record anyway) ... own it and explain what happened clearly. ....with prayers any problem can disappear that all i can say

Also that why you pray for favour all the way......the CBP officer was too harsh joor ..... he could have at his discretion allowed her in and issue her a Form I-515 allowing her 30 days to remit payment for the SEVIS I-901 Fee. ...although many 9ja things are associated with 419 so maybe CBP Officer was weary too.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mike1994reds: 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
Don't even tell them at the embassy that you used an agent, just find a way to explain your situation because they've always warned people to desist from using agents
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores sorry about what happened. The school was very brutal cancelling your sevis without imforming u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 7:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
My question now is, How can a student know if his or her SEVIS is active or cancelled?
We just saw a situation of a school striking out sevis record without contacting the student. Hian..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
Walspring:

Go and start afresh and trust me when you go for another interview just be truthful because embassy has already been cc why the visa was cancelled at POE.

To those fighting and arguing with slimmy when he pointed out such similar act like this about some agents, you can read this touching story now

It is well ooooo
That's not the same situation. Moreover, he's also an agent. SEVIS Agent. The only difference is that he cannot run away with your money or hurt you because everyone knew him here. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
@mike1994reds during my interview at the embassy the white lady even asked me if I used an agent to get my admission I said yes, so I have to mention that to them, if I don't mention the agent it will be assumed that I paid the fees myself with a wrong card, I think I will just come out straight.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
mike1994reds:
Don't even tell them at the embassy that you used an agent, just find a way to explain your situation because they've always warned people to desist from using agents

Two wrongs never makes a right. A mistake has been made, and you're encouraging her to make another. The best way outta this is for her to tell the truth. Come to think of it, it wasn't her fault but the agent's. If she tries to shield the agent from blame, then she's inadvertently admitting to credit card fraud; a move that may earn her a ban.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
Hi everyone, I'm new here, have just been observing from the sidelines and finally decided to share my problem, the story is pretty long but I will make it short. my case is entirely different but I believe I can get some sort of advice from you guys, thanks a lot in anticipation of a reply. I used an agent to gain admission to a Sch in America, South Dakota state university brookings, I paid the agent and he toook care of everything, including the courier service, for sending the i20 to nigeria, I was offered admission for jan 2017, I went for the interview myself, and I was granted the visa, then I left for the U.S in December, on arrival in New York, I was told at the airport that my sevis was cancelled, I was shocked. the homeland security called the school to ask why, he was told that the agent paid the dhl fee with a credit card that wasn't his, so the owner of the credit card reported to the Sch, therefore they cancelled my admission. The officer asked if I could be let In so I can sort it out in Sch but they refused, so i was adviced to withdraw my application voluntarily and go get admission from another Sch and another visa, but there was no ban, I was sent back home. I have just recovered from it all now thinking on how to remedy my situation, till I stumbled on this page, now my problem is, I don't know whether to go right ahead and get another admission and go for another visa interview or to write a letter to the embassy in Nigeria explaining what happened, cos my visa was for two years, I need help guys.
Just tell them the truth. The whole truth because they have your records now. Use the word "agent" couple of times and tell the embassy you want to do the whole thing by yourself. You would definitely get your visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
Michelleflores:
@mike1994reds during my interview at the embassy the white lady even asked me if I used an agent to get my admission I said yes, so I have to mention that to them, if I don't mention the agent it will be assumed that I paid the fees myself with a wrong card, I think I will just come out straight.

God bless you. Please whatever you decide to do, be aware of the consequences. Please tell the truth and nothing but the truth. You'll be fine in the end. I'll be waiting for your success story like 'kilode'.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
Thanks a lot @fredoricko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
texrem:
Missed the thread. How is #teamfall2017 doing?

Wishing you all the best. I am up for mock and sevis. You hit me up grin
Boss! We are hoping for d best ni....
@bolded, space booked....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Michelleflores(f): 8:11pm On Mar 10, 2017
@texrem I don't know how to pm, kindly pm me, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 8:42pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hello gurus, For someone who has paid WES (basic/non-ICAP data storage), Can I still pay the $45 for data storage after the basic payment? or do I have to pay a fresh $249 to have WES send another evaluation?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 9:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
OGreene:
This week, have gotten admissions in University of Pittsburgh and Columbia University. Then John Hopkins Uni just now, conditional, was told to complete some online courses or in an accredited school.

No news on funding. But I will keep mailing them and keep believing that something will work out.
what was ur undergraduate cgpa annd course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
GboyegaD:

I guess he is. He is a bright kid right from high school. Blasted SAT, did UG on full scholarship as an honors student, won awards, and made President's list. He is playful too and enjoys cooking.

Little wonder then, that's awesome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 10:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
borie4u:
Today get as he be. Out of the three schools I applied to two don send regret mail. I tire MTU and uni of Arizona. Huh so depressing

Mehn! Bro, I dey fear o. I still dey battle the school wey send me rejection mail yesterday. Their Dept chair still dey explain the reasons.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
Sorry about that bro
MTU proud no be small
borie4u:
Today get as he be. Out of the three schools I applied to two don send regret mail. I tire MTU and uni of Arizona. Huh so depressing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Zoology 3.7/5.0

feguson123:
what was ur undergraduate cgpa annd course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ok. Civil Eng. Sha submit your app early.

temmitats:

Interesting, I'll be applying to upittsburgh for fall 2018 sha, I pray you get funding. I'm going for civil engineering.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by penroll55(m): 11:37pm On Mar 10, 2017
For all those finding it difficult to get the GRE material,you can get it for free from www.study-preps.com

Also if you can afford at least low tuition try checking valparaiso university, the school is very understanding and you can register for your first semester without paying any tuition.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:26am On Mar 11, 2017
LagosismyHome:

But that situation was technically not the same though.....

Hmmmmm... gringringrin

Same thing Ets will do and cancel the test score as long the card was reported as stolen or asked to pay with a check or money order if they wanted to be nice to the applicant. gringrin

Using stolen cards to pay or register for stuffs are common among some of the agents.

I believe the agent knew that the card bounced back because the school would have email about it but the agent ignored it and put her career in danger

That remind of one guy on this thread am sure he will be reading this post if I am not wrong (am sorry to say this and post a screen shot) a school rejected and denied him of admission just because Gtbank reverse app fee he paid with his own personal naira mastercard and emailed that he used a stolen card. When he printed his monthly statement and sent to the school as evidence that the account belong to him and not stolen card, the school never change their decision, I just asked him to look for another school

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:27am On Mar 11, 2017
Chapecoense:
My question now is, How can a student know if his or her SEVIS is active or cancelled?
We just saw a situation of a school striking out sevis record without contacting the student. Hian..

You check fmjfee.com

The girl case was that the school reported her and since it's a fraudulent act they notify DHS and terminated the sevis and admission

Maybe if she check fmjfee.com she would have noticed that her sevis receipt can't be found and correct it before flying to USA

Make God just help us all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:31am On Mar 11, 2017
borie4u:

Is it still possible for fall admission cos schools hardly admit geology in spring !

Hopefully but not sure since it all depend of each school policy and decision making during admission process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:31am On Mar 11, 2017
OluDare01:
When I hear agents I run
Most of them don't have conscience at all

Nah plane dem wan buy.. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:35am On Mar 11, 2017
mike1994reds:

You no try with this at all, are you saying she should tell them at embassy that she used stolen card by herself to make the payment since you advise her not to tell them at the embassy that she used an agent

Don't you know that embassy people are already aware that the visa was cancelled at POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 3:38am On Mar 11, 2017
lucascarol:
Hello house, please i nid likely questions and ans to obtain student visa at d american embassy? Tnx.

Read all the pages in each previous parts and you will get plenty answers to your questions in different version
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 5:03am On Mar 11, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
Please, I need mock sessions o. I am looking at early May for my interview and I have the first draft of my mock interview ready. How can you help me?. Thanks

Send me a PM..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by teepee4Him(m): 6:28am On Mar 11, 2017
deevick246:

I replied you but got a failure delivery message in my inbox. Perhaps there is something wrong somewhere.

Sent another PM. In the event you still can't respond. Can you kindly email me @ tee4Him06@gmail.com.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.