Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (694601 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
borie4u:

Thanks imperiouxx baba. I already told GboyegaD about the rejects. Had 301 GRE , 92 TOEFL, MSc 4.04/5 n bsc of 3.39/5.00. Thinking maybe cause my GRE result is not too good. Hoping to sit for another but I spent money ooo.Arizona app took like $100 with TOEFL n GRE scores order of 47$. Same with MTU except that no app fee but spent same $47 to order to them. What about my two transcript to those two schools? If I use that money go do my fiancee introduction I for happy. Right now if there is any promo on GRE make una pls book me down. This one that buharis back

Such disappointment makes you feel imperfect, believe me. I felt this way too. Search for another 3 schools and work on your sop if possible. I had to take medical ethics ($1200) and medical terminology ($250) online just to meet up with the application requirement for only 1 school (Wagner College). I already made up my mind that if I don't get in in 2016/2017 cycle, I would reapply for 2017/2018 cycle and no turning back until I get in.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2017
Ok. Its their School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in DC.
I checked on gradcafe, they gave few students funding. One guy, same course, got $115k for the 2 years...lucky guy. Then some others got btw $25-70k.

LagosismyHome:

They are both expensive for this exchange rates....my sister is in dc sharing a house with 3 other students and the rent is 950 per month (to give u an idea)... that with no bills at all so for me DC or NY wont be a first preference .. except in the time when dollar was less than 200

Although John Hopkins is not in DC....it is in baltimore MD.....the rent in Baltimore will be cheaper than DC... Also John Hopkins usually are very stingy with money. I have quite a no of friends who went there but everyone i know paid or got student loans so its my impression that the school very stingy with funding

As for distance . Not too far as both cities are in the east coast. You can make it in 3 hours between both cities .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
You got into good schools I tell ya.
I pray you get funding.
OGreene:
Average profile. Now I believe when the schools say they make admission decisions based on holistic assessment of one's overall application. I applied with 3.7/5 and 307

Columbia not Cornell

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2017
But you are yet to hear from one school, right? Still hold one please. Its not over till its over.

borie4u:

Thanks imperiouxx baba. I already told GboyegaD about the rejects. Had 301 GRE , 92 TOEFL, MSc 4.04/5 n bsc of 3.39/5.00. Thinking maybe cause my GRE result is not too good. Hoping to sit for another but I spent money ooo.Arizona app took like $100 with TOEFL n GRE scores order of 47$. Same with MTU except that no app fee but spent same $47 to order to them. What about my two transcript to those two schools? If I use that money go do my fiancee introduction I for happy. Right now if there is any promo on GRE make una pls book me down. This one that buharis back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 10:27pm On Mar 12, 2017
@borie4u, the bolded is crucial. If you want to reapply, take time and go through the admission requirements. What you are deficient in, acquire it asap. You cant change your CGPA. Try get a better GRE score since you want to rewrite.

For each application I submitted, I made sure I met ALL the requirements. One school wanted Statistics knowledge, i enrolled for it online sharpaly, studied it and added that in the application. One had foreign lang requirement, I already had that (French), if not I would have enrolled in Alliance Francaise. One wanted substantial experience in Devt, (I had little). I remembered the events/programs and voluntary works I have engaged in that had aspects of Devt, I elaborated on these. Try and see how you can match each req. Leave nothing out.

Another thing, I read through the schools' blogs, listened to their youtube videos and Facebook live sessions on what they want to see in a candidate. I dwelt on it for days, evaluating my fit. Then I wrote my SOP and tried convincing them why I fit in, coupled with my passion about Devt.

imperiouxx:

Such disappointment makes you feel imperfect, believe me. I felt this way too. Search for another 3 schools [/b]and work on your sop if possible. I had to take medical ethics ($1200) and medical terminology ($250) online just to meet up with the application requirement for only 1 school (Wagner College)[b]. I already made up my mind that if I don't get in in 2016/2017 cycle, I would reapply for 2017/2018 cycle and no turning back until I get in.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sugestions noted @234ng44uk and biikeys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sexellency: 11:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
Hi house.
I am new here. Just got my I-20 from the houston community college and am about to pay my Sevis fee. Now my question is I want to pay the fee in cotonou... can anybody tell me the recent amount in cefas and how the exchange rate is now. please I need help cos I wanna pay by Tuesday. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sexellency: 11:49pm On Mar 12, 2017
??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 11:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
Walspring:

That means its not accepted..

I totally agree...though someone mention linking Access bank to PayPal.....but still same error message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 11:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
Sexellency:
Hi house.
I am new here. Just got my I-20 from the houston community college and am about to pay my Sevis fee. Now my question is I want to pay the fee in cotonou... can anybody tell me the recent amount in cefas and how the exchange rate is now. please I need help cos I wanna pay by Tuesday. Thank you

Cefa is 740 now . I can help you make payment here in the US, i need naira by thursday. You can send a PM if you are interested .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rimijoshua(m): 12:03am On Mar 13, 2017
dannyjumbo:
House am having issues wit ups theu have not delivered my transcript to my school.wen I tracked the parcel no information on the delivery I have called and complained .they said investigation is on going as of yesterday update on the tracking portal.but I wrote my school(east Tennessee state university) yesterday on the development asking if I can send my student transcript pending wen the other would reach or possibly process another,but I check my mail this morning to notice dat one Mr David said my application is complete am scared Dont know if it's because I wrote dem yesterday.Please need advice.
but i think its the university that will send it directly to them..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sexellency: 12:08am On Mar 13, 2017
Timi1990:

Cefa is 740 now . I can help you make payment here in the US, i need naira by thursday. You can send a PM if you are interested .

I just sent you a pm... would love to use ur help but my dad might reservations about that. The 740 is to a dollar right?? And does the bank charge extra on the $200 dollars in cotonou??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TheGreat342: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2017
Hello,
how can someone get a loan in the US to study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ardedaryor(m): 12:26am On Mar 13, 2017
OGreene:
This week, have gotten admissions in University of Pittsburgh and Columbia University. Then John Hopkins Uni just now, conditional, was told to complete some online courses or in an accredited school.

No news on funding. But I will keep mailing them and keep believing that something will work out.

Congratulations....thanks for the other day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:35am On Mar 13, 2017
TheGreat342:
Hello,

how can someone get a loan in the US to study?

Yes there are few out there but most private loans require a us citizen to be a co signer for an international student loan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sexellency: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2017
Sexellency:

I just sent you a pm... would love to use ur help but my dad might reservations about that. The 740 is to a dollar right?? And does the bank charge extra on the $200 dollars in cotonou??

Pls reply @timi1990 I already sent you a pm. And my question too. Anybody?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 1:43am On Mar 13, 2017
Sexellency:

Pls reply @timi1990 I already sent you a pm. And my question too. Anybody?

Have rply your message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 1:44am On Mar 13, 2017
Sexellency:

There's a charge of $10
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 2:02am On Mar 13, 2017
Chapecoense:
Mayflowa how you doing.

My friend!
How is your semester going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by starboy2016: 10:40am On Mar 13, 2017
Visa denied by one useless woman in window 3 ...
VO : why did you choose the school

Me : after my research about the university I realized that the tuition fee is online with my fathers budget for my studies ( the bastard cuts in )

VO : When did you graduate , me :2012

Was talking with confidence ... she said what did I study I said business administration and managemt ...

VO : she asked me my specification
I named the business administration and management again and also named the courses I did

She asked me definition of marketing environment ....I told her ...was talking with confidence ....she said sorry..... e no pain me atall cause I did all my best to make things work out then that means It's not the right time for me ...no be only Usa be country ...all am after is to make more money and to have many alternatives with the Usa of a thing like getting Canada visa too ...useless woman ...after waiting for them as if they are God...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by shayhune: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2017
starboy2016:

Me : after my research about the university I realized that the tuition fee is online with my fathers budget for my studies ( the bastard cuts in )

Was talking with confidence ... she said what did I study I said business administration and managemt ...

I named the business administration and management again and also named the courses I did

She asked me definition of marketing environment ....I told her ...was talking with confidence ....she said sorry..... e no pain me atall cause I did all my best to make things work out then that means It's not the right time for me ...no be only Usa be country ...all am after is to make more money and to have many alternatives with the Usa of a thing like getting Canada visa too ...useless woman ...after waiting for them as if they are God...

The VO isn't useless. Your response to why you choose the school denied you the visa. Also, your use of vulgar words is really alarming. I understand that you're upset but I'll advise that if you really ain't seeing studying in the US as an escape route, then you need to do your homework well. Read through past interview transcripts so that you can be well positioned to answer such questions because sincerely, your response to that question was below par and your next attempt might also not be the right time if you don't work on your flaws

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02am On Mar 13, 2017
starboy2016:

This ur transcript sha .... Visa will always be denied and can be given next time after a denial . The VO are doing their job based on what they see or hear . Some times they get it right some times they get it wrong.. ... your first response which is usually a key selling point you gave a very poor response . Anyway

However the outcome with a Vo there no need for such foul mouth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by uso84: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2017
Good day everyone and tnx 4 all your contributions here..pls can I apply 4 TRV in US while on a visit with a tourist visa...Also, can one legally stay back to work after graduation (masters degree)? Tnx u so much as always...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2017
starboy2016:

@bold is what cost you the visa.
And please drop the vulgarity already.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by feguson123: 11:55am On Mar 13, 2017
shayhune:

The VO isn't useless. Your response to why you choose the school denied you the visa. Also, your use of vulgar words is really alarming. I understand that you're upset but I'll advise that if you really ain't seeing studying in the US as an escape route, then you need to do your homework well. Read through past interview transcripts so that you can be well positioned to answer such questions because sincerely, your response to that question was below par and your next attempt might also not be the right time if you don't work on your flaws
if you are totally correct that is the reason for d deniel what about tis previous visa approved

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2017
fredoricko:

Good day bro i really appreciate your assistance with my application. i just paid my application fee now and i am about submitting my documents online. Please i just need clarification on the documents i am to submit for the financial documents required for immigration, is it just the bank statement and statement of account of sponsor alone? Thanks so much for your help i really appreciate.
I really can't comment on specific cases. Admission decision transcends having a stellar GPA. The strength of one's entire application is evaluated.
But for CSU, I know you're only required to submit transcript and 2 LOR right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
feguson123:
if you are totally correct that is the reason for d deniel what about tis previous visa approved

Interviews are very subjective ....a weak response might work for some and not other...some times even a good response might get a NO.....so it best to be well prepared

Also sometimes it depends on other factors such as mood of the VO that day or some will say FAVOUR from God. Nobody knows the right answers because interviews are subjective

Also transcript gives u just an overview and not word for word what actually happened....that transcript might be the person didnt want to type much...... Last fall i recall there was someone who posted a transcript and the VO who actually interviewed him posted a reply that ehnnn this wasn't exactly how it happened cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2017
[quote author=fredoricko post=54494331]
Good day bro i really appreciate your assistance with my application. i just paid my application fee now and i am about submitting my documents online. Please i just need clarification on the documents i am to submit for the financial documents required for immigration, is it just the bank statement and statement of account of sponsor alone? Thanks so much for your help i really appreciate. CC @fredoricko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
@Dominic147

For CSU still? If yes, then you don't really need to submit a financial statement until you've been admitted. Just make sure you submit all the required documents namely LOR n transcript and check on campusnet for the status of your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Dominic147(m): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
fredoricko:
@Dominic147

For CSU still? If yes, then you don't really need to submit a financial statement until you've been admitted. Just make sure you submit all the required documents namely LOR n transcript and check on campusnet for the status of your application.
Thanks so much for the swift reply. i am very grateful. TOEFL is waived fro Nigerian student Right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by starboy2016: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2017
ladies and gentle men I don't know what to say because i tried all my best to get the visa but the VO don't just wanna give me ...,am not happy ..I don't know why someone will answer question well and you will deny someone at the end of the day I even thought they wanna grant me the visa not knowing she's bringing out that blue shit paper to me ...I am just down but I am still with my right frame of mind I keep push harder till things work out for me ....but I hate that woman with passion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by eddyme(m): 1:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hi please I want to ask this question bordering my mind off long now...Will I be able to get admissions and visa with my age and also I have just ND in software engineering and have also work for one year after my ND I form of internship though we call it IT(industrial training)....I am 28 this year and going for CS specializing in web development and security..

Thanks for your answers

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.