Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49871 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
So in church they have reserved sit ehnn
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by noirsangre(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
The church is not a place for boosting your ego. All men are equal in the eyes of God so I don't understand why special seats will be reserved for special people.

Do well to find a church that doesn't compartmentalize members according to the kind of cars they drive or the amount of money they drop in the offering box.

Good day!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Tanima007: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Protocol is cool for school or jobs but not when we are in the house of God,if God is seing us as equal before him,who are they to segregate?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by africanusvu(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
WATS PROTOCOL PLS I AM A CATHOLIC.IT SOUNDS STRANGE TO ME

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by ladyF(f): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Osyxcel:

I want to come and tie your leg to the front seat. angry

Lol... I've always been more of a back-bencher. grin
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by showlove911(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
I wil not toll d line of apportioning blames, dat said, u nid to Undastnd dat one of the cardinal evidence of being a Christian is humility. Daz clear evidence of holy spirit in ones life! U nid to work on ursef; going to church or being a christian!

#proudly christembassy!!!
#proudly a tither!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by DRISKLEF(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
You just had to leave? God needs to teach you more on the dangers of anger and indiscipline.

Imagine just that incident made you boycott the meeting you should have had with 'your father', the good God.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Pedrogold(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
undecided people are using their time to tell you what you did wrong and you're there bashing and calling them unintelligent.... Must they agree with you? Why bring it to nairaland if you wanted people to be biased? If you think you're right then don't bring it to nairaland sir. It's just an advice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by adanny01(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
otunbadan:

so if you went to us embassy or uk embassy to collect the visa you applied for, or job interview and you were told to please go to the back, wont you respectfully do so, why act different because you are in church

It was a church, not an embassy, mind you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by EdDave(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
You obviously didn't go to church to worship God.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by korel9: 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ok
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by flaky66(f): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
admax:

You might as well be an atheist because you aren't doing God or Church a favour by worshipping God.

now this is a quite shallow statement

@op,the ushers were only doing their jobs,you didn't have to "storm out"
but if you're not comfortable with their rules,you might as well go to a different church
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by rottenegg: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Its non of my business but me self don tire for all the rules and regulations that all these freaking churches have started to imbibe!
What the hell does " its protocol" mean? Proto wetin in the house of God...or should I say house of the GO? Look, most of us will not like to say it, in order not to be villanised, but these house of worship ate no longer a house of worship!
Join this, join that, don't dress this way, don't walk this way....in a week, we lie more about our religious inclinations more than anything else!

But then...I did say its non of my business!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Osyxcel(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
ladyF:

Lol... I've always been more of a back-bencher. grin

The more reason why I want to come there, you no suppose dey carry last tongue
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ironi: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2017
Typical Nigerian, so so fight fight anywhere they go, even in the church. undecided undecided
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Ademoore07(m): 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
It once happened to me in one those RCCG churches. Smh
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by cocoberry(f): 3:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
I understand and speak French fluently!

dingbang:
what? Did I speak French?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Baba4dgals: 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
dingbang:
Yes you are too much of a right claimer.... And a stubborn one for that matter...
so there's nw special sit for pple in church abi

When Jesus was preaching in d temple he sit on d floor wit the pple not on a throne...

U pple av turn church to a palace cos I don't knw d meaning of protocol inside the house of God...

Now I see reason why Jesus wept

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by otunbadan(m): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
adanny01:

It was a church, not an embassy, mind you.

ok oooo..enjoy,no strength to talk plenty, rice still dey on fire, make i chop

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Afam4eva(m): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
As much as i have a serious problem in spaces being reserved for protocols in religious places, i think you were in the wrong here. if you were a first timer, it would have been a different issue. But you knew the modus operandi of the church and still went to sit in front when you should have avoided any issue.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by SonofHim: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
You asked a question because you wanted an objective response and then you vehemently oppose everyone who does not give you a pat on the back because you walked out of church for just a trivial issue. Speaks volume of your personality.

Its not just about the act, I think you are stubborn (pls no offence intended)
Inasmuch as the usher may have appeared overzealous you cannot be too sure it she had received directives from a pastor or if that row was meant for a different purpose today.

I think you could have obeyed and later expressed your grievance. But to walk out of God's presence in anger for the above reason... you no try at all.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by dingbang(m): 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
cocoberry:
I understand and speak French fluently!

ah, av been looking for you all these while....
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by zicoraads: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
cocoberry:
No He's not...

He is wrong. Even the Bible admonishes us to obey laid down rules and regulations. Every church has seats reserved for elders, pastors and deacons. I am certain he went and sat in one of those. Nothing stopped him from taking one step back.

I am certain if he went to an occasion outside the church, he won't go near the front seats that have been reserved for certain dignitaries. And he won't storm out either. Wrong is wrong.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
You can't always have your way. You should've gently moved to another seat when prompted to do so. As you already know, the church didn't cease because one stubborn, proud guy decided to walk out over a rather trivial issue.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
Baba no wan obey constituted authority grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sleek82(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
I am sorry to tell you this....you may not get anybody to tell you what you want to hear but let me analyse this to you.....you said the seat is for protocol (this tells me you knew it was for protocol) regardless of how many protocols seat there every sunday (it still doesnt mean its the same number that sat last week that will seat this week)...you probably were treated that way because they thought you should know better as you are not a new member of the church. Im sure if this was your first time in this church, you wouldn't have sat there or you would have gladly sat somewhere else after they told you to.....you might feel they embarrassed you but honestly, you brought it upon yourself. I may feel the same way if i were in your shoes but reflecting back, i would know i was wrong in the first place

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by pepetua(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
i don't believe there is a special seat for a special people in the house of God otherwise they should guard the very seat with an inscription not until when somebody has occupied the seat that they will jump out and start disgracin themselves ,anyway since your faith can't carry you to overlook the embarrassment it's better as you left than to hypocritically pretend to be okey while you are foaming in the Spirit in anger when the bible said we should come to His presence with joy and thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by aragon4realz(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
yeah you did wrong,you don't just walkin and sit where ever you like,even in your house don't you have a sit reserved for your father,you should have also sat with the choir? all seat na free
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Originalsly: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
I don't see the need to have him moved in the middle of the service when the seat was not going to be occupied anyway. But then, Op... you should not be there either. What happens next Sunday should your disorder compels you to move to the vacant seat on the stage altar? ....do you think that would be right?
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by cocoberry(f): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ha my darling it's not serious nah, u know me better. Was just seeking for attention and I got one from dingbang.

zicoraads:

He is wrong. Even the Bible admonishes us to obey laid down rules and regulations. Every church has seats reserved for elders, pastors and deacons. I am certain he went and sat in one of those. Nothing stopped him from taking one step back.

I am certain if he went to an occasion outside the church, he won't go near the front seats that have been reserved for certain dignitaries. And he won't storm out either. Wrong is wrong.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by samijay8(m): 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
Don't know y people are talking bad of this guy. the seat he claimed wasn't for anyone or its anyone that personally put up the chair there not its the pastor seat. if anyone seats there and came late, then its own tea cup. why should u claim protocol inside church. same with mosques, they say its good to come early and pray upfront but its same person that's gonna tell to goto the back, certain people are meant to stay there.
Dem get two heads?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Are You Addicted To Masturbation? Read This / 'Delete Netflix' - Apostle Johnson Suleman Tells Christians Over Gay Jesus / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.