Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (49879 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by buffalowings: 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

Gbam
She said it all

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by yipata: 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
my brother u did jo wrong and also as long as it's not for high personalities in church and there is no major functioning the church u are free to sit anywhere except pastors and seats reserved for some people. Everyone is welcome to church and why honouring or separating people that's why I like jehovah witness, u can sit anywhere and everybody is equal in thier meetings even if ur the richest in the world no on cares
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by fm4real2k6(m): 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
fm4real2k6:
Bro, think of this, if you'd allowed the HOLY SPIRIT to talk to you, do you think He will tell you to leave the Church just like that?

I'd as you claim the Church is your Fathers' house, and God himself is sitting on the throne, yet because of some mortals who in a way provoked you, yet you stormed out of God's presence, do you think God will be happy?.
You sure need to read what happen to Moses in the Bible.

Bro, I'm not judging you, but you have sinned and you need to apologize to God, and in some way apologize to those Ushers, that is restitution. You need it urgently.

God bless you.

If I may also add, you need a very urgent Anger management class (Anger deliverance as some people will call it).

You never know whether there is a blessing God has planned for you. And yet you missed it.

As Christians we need to be careful. Bible say WATCH and Pray. Watch means, being sensitive (in the spirit), if you have, then no Usher will ever provoked you. Remember Devil can use anything to distract and derail you.

You own is to constantly work out your salvation with FEAR and TREMBLING. Read entire Galatians chapter 5 & 6, and prayerfully work on what you need to work on.

Personally I'm not happy you missed church. one of Devils greatest weapon today is to distract believers from where they can get spiritual impartation, he will always want to isolate and kill, That was why Jesus said Devil always come to steal, kill and destroyed.

So imagine, devil successfully "steal" you out of Gods presence, using your weakness. Thank God you put this post up. I'm sure God loves you.

And like I said earlier, you've got to apologize to God, and henceforth work on your weakness. Allow the Holy Spirit to form character in you.

Shalom!.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by fm4real2k6(m): 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2017
OP,
I have read comments here, and I can see carnality on display. Shockingly many of those who are commenting are Christians. But like I have written above, the spiritual angle of this is very important.

Church is aSPIRITUAL HOUSE first and foremost where God himself is always present (I mean a living Church anyway).

And that aside, to make physical administration better, there are are constituted authority, and even the Bible enjoined us to RESPECT them.

First and foremost, if you'd allowed the Holy spirit to minister to you, He wouldn't have suggest to you to go sit there, because He must have for seen the eventual drama.

More reason why you need and for every Christian need the Holy Spirit BADLY this end time.

There is a line in our "Grace-creed" (when we share the Grace) which says.....and the FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT...
It is important. The Bible says as many that are LED BY THE SPIRIT, they are the SONS of God.

I have seen a lot of comments here, and its obvious virtually all of them are analysing this whole scenario from what they feel is right. But Gods way is not our way.

The Bible talks about a way that seems good, an action that seems good, but at the end leads to destruction.

Please watch bro.

And as you sleep tonight, I pray God expand this word in you.

God bless you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Statsocial:

Since there was still spaces at the back you should have obeyed the ushers. They were acting on instructions and didn't mean to hurt your emotions. Never let anger drive you out of Church again.

So you understand what my OCPD mean bro? Just because you don't have issues like that doesn't mean it's not possible.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
sodeide2013:
You are in church to worship God. Never allow anyone or anything distract you like that. It maybe there is a particular blessing or word for you in that service today. You go to where they say, don't worry it is God's house and God's gathering. If they are disrespectful God himself judges these things but don't let such things get to you. Pray and ask God for forgiveness and grace

Thanks. I feel you. I appreciate your sincerity and maturity.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Inova(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
divicode:

Smh, writing as if you are the financier of the church. Storm out or storm in, God will still be God! You are too insignificant to help God
I am sure you think going to church is to help God abi? May I announce to you that no mortal created being will ever help God! Going to church is for your soul.
Read the thread, the devil's children are already hailing you, some even telling you to stop going, church!
What is this one saying. The church exist because of him. No congregation no church. And if they dont see him next sunday its off to his house to disturb/beg him

And as for the OP you were right in you descision. Everyone is equal in the sight of God so why is the church creating social strata for. Is there segregation in heaven?

This is the prob I have with Christianity

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
edebemba:

You have no excuse, oh man! You disobeyed constituted authority which the Bible speaks against. Do not be like King Saul who disobeyed God's order and tried to justify his actions. The house of God is not a lawless place.
Whatever kind of personality you may have- complex or inferior or both, always drop it at home when going to church. If you desire to sit at a particular seat in the church , wake up early enough and go to the church before every other person. It is not proper to come in late and still want to be treated as a VIP.

That's why you should read first sir. I didn't come late. Infact, I was in Sunday school.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

So you understand what my OCPD mean bro? Just because you don't have issues like that doesn't mean it's not possible.
Oya sorry
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by khristal87(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
Its onli in Africa u see all dis nonsense.....taken d church as an organization, evriting s so planned.....an usher tried to force me to sit in d front....i told her d church s ma father's house and i ve to sit wia i am comfortable besides its nt ma fault dt we ve a very big church n few members...........ushers shud leave ppl to sit wherever dey like..dts hw it ws in d beginning

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
BiniShrine:
Thumbs up bro. In the house of God there shouldn't be division of personality. The body of Christ is one. I am ashamed of how far some Christians take this stuff. Mind you they are coming for your head. I like your boldness.

Bro, once I quickly evaluate in my mind's eye and I realize I'm not wrong, I stick with my gun. I'm no push over.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
bestspoke:
bro..Although the ushers did act wrongly.

But nothing justifies walking out of the presence of God..You yourself mentioned worship.I'm very sure it was God you were worshiping at that moment. So could just let them play out their foolishness.

Try calming yourself for the sake of God atleast...I know it's not pride but annoyance made you work out..But remember the God factor.

@sipsip

True. I was angry and realized my worship for that day would be wasted even if I stayed. Cause of the mood of was in.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
Inova:

What is this one saying. The church exist because of him. No congregation no church. And if they dont see him next sunday its off to his house to disturb/beg him

And as for the OP you were right in you descision. Everyone is equal in the sight of God so why is the church creating social strata for. Is there segregation in heaven?

This is the prob I have with Christianity

Op
This is the type I was referring to, the children of the devil!
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by henrimoto(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Noo. That know protocol na. It's always just one lady who sits there. She's to direct new comers and all that... Moreover, she only sits when new comers are being announced. No one was sitting there when I did. An elderly woman sat with me, they didn't say nothing to her oo. What if the church was filled up? Won't they create that space for people?
. ..And since the church is not filled up?

You didn't handle the situation properly.

Moreover, you acted like a very new member to the parish while you are not. You know about the seat Arrangement of the church.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by otunbadan(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Because the US and UK embassies are their own country's properties. The Church is God's house. Plus, I didn't do no wrong. Read again.

c wahala oooooo....i said i no get strength, please read again too,did i say you did wrong...ur brain is judging what your hands typed
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by topsam1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:
The church is a house of God where anybody both the sinners n righteous, protocols and non-protocols are all welcomed. Creating a dermarcation in the church in the name of special sit is ridiculous. You came early u went to the front row to sit that is what is supposed to be.
Reserving sit for a protocol who is still in his house bathing and contemplating whether to attend or not is arrant nonsense.
That is why i love catholic church i can come on time and sit anywhere and close to any body protocol n non protocol. Who you epp.
Even the usher that saw u where leaving n left u to leave did not know she has failed in her primary duty as an usher which is to welcome everyone and make them feeel at home.
My brother u did notin wrong. Its not Ego problem. Is just the church's way of telling you that you are inconsequential.

Na you make sense pass for here jere....not minding those people wey throw blames

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by topsam1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:

Na you make sense pass for here jere....not minding those people wey dey throw blame
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by frubben(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:

U are wise babe. Na ur mama really train u. D rest people just dey type nonsense. Church Na organization my foot.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by frubben(m): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Any law in the church should come from d scripture. And I no see where bible reserve seat for protocol people o.

Ink Don finish

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2017
andyanders:
Op, you lack manners and irresponsible to even argue such. There has been an order that the place has been reserved for protocols and you were advised to look for another place of which you felt bad and wants to know if what you did is wrong. Not only wrong but shows that you have undeveloped mind and I wonder if you ever went to school or maybe you lack parental upbringing.That shows the kind of home you come from.

In developed world like America, when you get to car park, you will notice a place reserved for handicapped individuals, even if the car park has been occupied, you cannot park your car at that place reserved for them and if you do, you will get a ticket.

Your example doesn't actually fit in but I won't banter words with you. I'm sure you're not even close to what I've achieved or seen in life. In every way. Watch who you call undeveloped and illiterate bro. Not everyone you see on the road is everyone you see on the road.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by bestspoke: 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

True. I was angry and realized my worship for that day would be wasted even if I stayed. Cause of the mood of was in.
yh bro it is well jare..hve a blessed week

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adextaiwo48:
Somethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!
;DSomethings we do in the house of the lord, we can't do it in social gatherings... When you know you don't like the back seat then you should have come earlier... And it its a class, and you came late you won't dare go to the front not to talk of fighting about sitting in front or not... A wi tan o tun sope Storm out... Storm out koor hurricane out ni... Alakori!!!

Did you even read the post at all? For the uptinth time, I came early! I read even in Sunday school! Damn...
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
INDUSTRIALFAN:
sorry. I pressed the report button when trying to quote you.
anyways, I was here to say THUMBS UP MAN.... I attended Winners in Benin some months back and I realized no one is allowed to park in the big premises except Protocol whether you come first or not and it got me pissed. I am a Catholic but I attend other churches sometimes. I once attended House on the Rock in Lagos on the Island and on that particular day, Pastor Paul Adefarasin said sth that made me love that church the more and gladdened my soul. He said " This is God's own house. Not mine, not the rich, nor the poor. no one has a special seat except on the alter. If you want to have a seat in front on the church, you must come early to church. I don't care how much money you've got but of you come to church late and there isn't no seat in front, sit behind. No man is more important than the other in the presence of God." Damn.... That man earned my respect that day....

Wow.... Nice one bro. I feel you.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by Lordspicy(m): 11:35pm On Jan 22, 2017
Norasparkle:

NNE I love you...
BTW its been long I heard some refreshing truth
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Don't mind that guy. That was how I was in a church on the invitation of a friend when the pastor entered with bodyguards (protocols). One of them pushed me out of the way (I was not obstructing the Pastor o). I grabbed him from behind and told him that next time he tried that nonsense with me, I will give him a slap that will make him run into the bush and become a madman forever. I raised my shirt and showed him my charm to let him know that I am a confirmed Ogun priest.

Hahaha. As hard as I find this hard to believe! It's super hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by och12(m): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No matter it is, I sound rude to knock your head. Religious places are not places to show of your small might or ego.

Try that in a shrine if you will not be used to appease the gods.

You came late for that matter and had the effrontery to disturb those who came before you. You think ushers are meant for decoration? Go and sit where your usher tell you to sit or go open a church where you can sit where you want

Lawlessness everywhere.

Thank you, "Lawlessness everywhere", and even gradually creeping into the household of God.
Seriously, there is absolutely no big deal in going to sit elsewhere.
Learn to obey constituted authority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2017
sipsip:

Please read my post well. I didn't come late. I was even there for Sunday school. That's even before service starts.
Very bad of them then.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
haeyhins:
Hello sir,

I was taken by your story and had assumed that you came here to seek peoples' candid opinion about your action.

Am surprised you wana counter and haul insult at anyone who isnt saying that which you wish to hear. That alone is another disorder.

Jesus whom you went to worship, gave to caesar what belong to him, why not you? (Like you implied, the church wasnt even filled to capacity, meaning there were spare seats)...Thought we were taught to be christ-like....humility bestows honour..pride goes before destruction. TAKE HEED...Bless you!

No sir, I didn't insult no one. I only talked back at people who can't make their points known without being disrespectful. The spare seats were at the back. Places you'll only watch projectors for. I don't feel that. But I get you. Thanks.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by sipsip(m): 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
obstead200:

Ok lemme help u.
When a church reserve seat for protocol, that means such seats are reserved in case some VIP (governor, commissioner, ambassador, pastor from another church etc) visits the church. It will guarantee that they get a place to sit no matter how late they arrive. And the pastor would like to accord them some respect and maybe recognise them in the course of the service.

Now take that ur personality disorder, enter the nearest vehicle to bar beach, tie the disorder around ur neck (am sure it must be quite heavy) and then just jump into the ocean.

You were beginning to make sense initially oo. But obviously, that's where your sense stopped, initially.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by K1famous: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2017
As a trained usher in Rccg, there are so many way to talk to people and they will still obey your command without insult or aggressive. Am not judging anyone here, 'may be' the way those urshers talk really annoyed the man, but however,my oga pls always ensured that nobody can cause you your happiness. Dont ever allow anybody to cause your blessing, if you have taking your bags to next row heaven will not fall,let endeavour to demostrate the love of christ at all time.
Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by charlesucheh(m): 12:09am On Jan 23, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?
I would have said you are but, you justified your actions when you said; you have a compulsive personality disorder"! That's a good excuse! But bruv! The church is where you see all sort of things, even politics is at times being played there! I don't go to church often, but it's expedient as Christians we do! Maturity is the ability to control your emotions! I didn't see you doing that in front of that Usher, and I think you should work on it! God can bless you not minding where you're sitting! But, truly! I think we're alike! Cos I NO GO FIT TAKE THAT NONSENSE too!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. by davidif: 12:38am On Jan 23, 2017
sipsip:
Now please read and judge with care and concern. I arrived the church today for the second service. After Sunday school I was contemplating if I should sit where I am or move to the front. Now I have this Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. One of them is sitting at the back in any gathering. I don't like it. Right from time... After thinking of it for a while, I take my stuffs and move to the front row. The second row has been fully occupied. Thing is my church is a province, a fairly large one. Nobody really sits in the front row... Partly because they don't like being in the view of everyone and also because it's reserved for 'protocol'. Kinda. Keep following...

Being that I'm always in the second row, I've noticed over time that just one or two protocols sit on the first row every Sunday. It's a row with about ten or more seats. Now I don't mind sitting there cause I don't like to be at the back. Have in mind it's not the ministers or 'first timers' seat. Those one are on one side. Everyone knows. I'm sitting in the front row in the middle of worship when an Usher comes to me and say I can't seat there. "Why? I asked." he said it's for protocol. Protocol? Not ministers oo. I told him I don't want to sit at the back. Moreover no one is going to sit there. What if the church was filled up, won't people sit there? He goes to call another Usher who says the same thing.

To cut the story short, I told them since the church is now their own house, I'm leaving. Moreover, I was already getting angry which is not good for worship. I left even with everyone staring and all... Tell me, did I do wrong? Any one with such unnecessary protocol experience? Maybe I'm too much of a 'right claimer'?

Wow! You are so childish and petulant. Really? In the house of God? Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'Delete Netflix' - Apostle Johnson Suleman Tells Christians Over Gay Jesus / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / "I Repeat It, Christians Defend Yourself" - Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.