Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) (46664 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Hosts Lupita Nyong’o In Lagos / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / Chimamanda Adichie At Geneva Resort, Awka (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by MalcoImX: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2017
Firefire:

I have NEVER been ban. I remain the only Firefire, every other FIRE is a strange FIRE.

Shalom!
Ok, good bro. Peace.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 6:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
When Yorubas were fighting for June 12 did anyone call you Ignorant?

When that Yoruba man was importing arms to topple Abacha via Cotonu did any Igboman scream kill him?

When OPC was clamouring for self determination in 1999 did any igbo man speak out against them?

Why can't you focus on yourself and get a career forst

Shut up, you ignorant fellow. June 12 was worth fighting for because it was a victory for democracy that was denied. It was a victory not just for the Yoruba but for the country of Nigeria that had suffered so much needless coups.

But the present Biafra struggle is what I don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by dasparrow: 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
abumeinben:
grin

Is this publicity stunt or notice me?

Does she belong to the LGBT community?

Is that her country?

Why is she not raising placards in support of the Biafran struggle her in Nigeria ?

Dem dey call animals with horns (citizens), snail sef dey show face ( immigrant)
Na deportation she dey carry play so.

Why will Chimamanda pull a publicity stunt when she is already an accomplished author and respected abroad among her literary peers?

The rally is a women's right rally so where did you see anything about LGBT? Are you a closeted gay? Why does LGBT issues make you paranoid even when this rally has nothing to do with LGBT issues?

Chimamanda is a naturalized U.S citizen so in the eyes of the law, she has the same rights as other Americans and if she wants to attend rallys that are of interest to her, then let her because she has the right to.

She does not have to reside in Nigeria to raise placards supporting Biafra. Haven't you seen Diaspora Nigerians showing support for Biafra and raising the Biafran flag wherever they are domiciled? So you expect Chimamanda to leave work in the United States to come and tanda in Nigeria to raise Biafra related placards? You think she is jobless like many of you bigoted keyboard warriors on Nairaland?

STOP THE HATE!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by hollywater: 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bolustic:
Our brothers are very confused, here is one of their illustrious daughters going against the person they organized a solidarity march for here in Nigeria.

These people lack direction.
Why didn't you wrote this trash when your brothers were trekking for your failure president?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by lovat(m): 6:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Shut up, you ignorant fellow. June 12 was worth fighting for because it was a victory for democracy that was denied. It was a victory not just for the Yoruba but for the country of Nigeria that had suffered so much needless coups.

But the present Biafra struggle is what I don't understand.
Idiot. Abiola was part of the rogues and he would have been worst than Buhari. Under the military we never experience this kind of hardship.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 6:31pm On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
Idiot. Abiola was part of the rogues and he would have been worst than Buhari. Under the military we never experience this kind of hardship.

Shut up, my friend, you are annoying me. Buhari had barely been named president when you and your misinformed Kanu began blowing hot and cold. It is not about hardship. Others are facing it too but nobody is screaming like your ignorant simpleminded lots.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by lovat(m): 6:34pm On Jan 22, 2017
LordofNairaland:

Shut up, my friend, you are annoying me. Buhari had barely been named president when you and your misinformed Kanu began blowing hot and cold. It is not about hardship. Others are facing it too but nobody is screaming like your ignorant simpleminded lots.
idiot keep quiet before Thunder will desecrate your father hut. What's my concern with NK?

You must have been picked in the gutter at childbirth. Not replying you again
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
idiot keep quiet before Thunder will desecrate your father hut. What's my concern with NK?

You must have been picked in the gutter at childbirth. Not replying you again

Better. Just keep quiet there before I give you an e-slap that would send you straight into the bush.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by djbobby007: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bolustic:

Biafra is a long dead forgotten issue,

Since 1999, you Igbos have had the likes of Chuba Okadigbo-Anyim Pius Anyim-Adolphus Wabara-Ken Nnamani and now Ike Ekweremadu yet none ofthem have had the gut to use their positions of influence to push for a Biafran Referendum.

Even your Hero did not forward any executive bill to the National Assembly yo initiate a referendum, now you want a northerner to do that for you.

You guys are hopelessly deluded.

I got ur back bolustic......bin a longtime coming for dis Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by fynex(m): 6:54pm On Jan 22, 2017
zoba88:
Popular US-based Nigerian writer Chimamanda Adichie joined thousands of women and others who staged a protest in Washington DC against US president Donald Trump's anti-women policies and other related policies.
See her photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/chimamanda-adichie-protest-against.html

What are these protests meant for?...

I really don't understand this:
Before the elections there was no massive protest like this
During the campaigns nothing was done...

This man has being sworn in as the 45th president of the USA...and you're now protesting... To what end please....

Because I just have this feeling that this man would rule his time and there's nothing nobody can do

God's foolishness is wiser than our wisdom...
So He letting this happen at this time irrespective of all that happened during and before the elections is for a reason...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by najoke: 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
hollywater:
Why didn't you wrote this trash when your brothers were trekking for your failure president?
HollywaterChisos. ....what version of english is this. .....must be ipod. .....21st century version 2.0 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by willibounce1(m): 7:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bolustic:

Let the Fulani keep dominating politically while keep bagging the projects so that you can come and sell gala and Fanyogo in our traffic

Compare and contrast sir.

Lol... the anambra bridge is pathetically local. This is what happens when you try to copy but would prefer to do low budget and embezzle the rest of the money.

Just see how classy the Lagos bridge is compared to that local nonsense in anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by NASTYNASOSO: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2017
BOLUSTIC YOU ARE THE MAN
YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUR WORTH
YOU ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH
ALL POINTS LACED WITH FACTS.GREAT MAN
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM FOLLOWING A THREAD TO THE LAST JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.
FOLKS KEPT ON RANTING BULLSHIT.YOUR BLOWS ARE STRATEGIC,PRECISE AND ON POINT
KEEP IT UP MAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
Oga, you are back abi? grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
najoke:

HollywaterChisos. ....what version of english is this. .....must be ipod. .....21st century version 2.0 grin grin grin grin grin
An average IPOB youth does not understand good English, only Ojukwu had the oratorical finesse among them and alas he is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Hardexx(m): 7:24pm On Jan 22, 2017
how America matter take concern Enugu girl

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by abumeinben(m): 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
dasparrow:

Why will Chimamanda pull a publicity stunt when she is already an accomplished author and respected abroad among her literary peers?

The rally is a women's right rally so where did you see anything about LGBT? Are you a closeted gay? Why does LGBT issues make you paranoid even when this rally has nothing to do with LGBT issues?

Chimamanda is a naturalized U.S citizen so in the eyes of the law, she has the same rights as other Americans and if she wants to attend rallys that are of interest to her, then let her because she has the right to.

She does not have to reside in Nigeria to raise placards supporting Biafra. Haven't you seen Diaspora Nigerians showing support for Biafra and raising the Biafran flag wherever they are domiciled? So you expect Chimamanda to leave work in the United States to come and tanda in Nigeria to raise Biafra related placards? You think she is jobless like many of you bigoted keyboard warriors on Nairaland?

STOP THE HATE!

Oga who's hating here?
Is she popular than Prof Wole Soyinka?
Is she popular than Prof Chinua Achebe?
Did she have to announce it she's protesting?

Expecting your reasonable response smiley
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by ONIMARINE(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2017
ok
samkay3g:
Over to u IPOB miscreants
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by JacksonD7: 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
Honestly I'm tired of this form of gender terrorism called feminism.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
When you guys are tired of protesting you'll stop

Trump is president and nothing can change that undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by missKiffy(f): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bolustic:

Igbo man? A rival? This guy wouldn't kill me with laughter

You people always feel important than your importance.

I am a Yoruba man, we don't suffer from chronic inferiority complex.

You are the people that will try to copy the Ikoyi Link bridge like the Akward Awka Flyover.
Why are u giving this people knock out punches nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Mouthgag: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
kalindaminda:
Lmao

The stupid Trump supporters on Nairaland have nothing to say again with all the protests

I told them Americans do not want Trump.

This is the biggest demonstration against a sitting president in US history. Trump lost the popular vote by over 2 million, and iidiots here were comparing it to Bush and Al Gore were the margin was barely 500,000.

Nigerian Trump supporters, keep worshipping the Orange Nazi.
grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Zirah: 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Did you say he was 24? Oh my..he comes across as more intelligent than you'll ever be.

lovat:
Yoruba boy, igbo don do you something walahi.

I wasn't surprise with your post but the only thing that baffles me is why a 24 year old boy who just finished NYSC will spend his life fighting what won't rent a house nor get him a job to face liffe ahead.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Zirah: 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
A reference to all your posts. You are brilliant!!!

Since 1999, you Igbos have had the likes of Chuba Okadigbo-Anyim Pius Anyim-Adolphus Wabara-Ken Nnamani and now Ike Ekweremadu yet none ofthem have had the gut to use their positions of influence to push for a Biafran Referendum.

Even your Hero did not forward any executive bill to the National Assembly yo initiate a referendum, now you want a northerner to do that for you.

You guys are hopelessly deluded.
[/b][/color]
[/quote]
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Zirah: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
Dope!

1stCitizen:
The child of hate and bigotry is trying to be relevant. Her fellow ipobians here are protesting in support of Trump. Shows that these people have no focus.

Is this how they plan to run the land of the fallen sun?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
Adebowale89:

which Nnewi? is it the one am living? you and lie Mohammed ve the samething in common. oniro!

take a tour to only sagamu in Ogun state....you will cover your face in shame
You are living in Nnewi shocked shocked

Take am easy o
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 22, 2017
Really lost all respect for her. She won't come home and protest against Buhari but against Trump in his own country? How more funny can this be?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kobicove:
When you guys are tire of protesting you'll stop

Trump is president and nothing can change that undecided
Nothing will ever
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by kossyablaze(m): 10:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bolustic:
When will she come and lead the protest against the continued detention of your Dilector Kanu

Abi Trump is now more important than Nnamdi Kanu?
tribal bigot... U don start again
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 22, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
BOLUSTIC YOU ARE THE MAN
YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUR WORTH
YOU ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH
ALL POINTS LACED WITH FACTS.GREAT MAN
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM FOLLOWING A THREAD TO THE LAST JUST BECAUSE OF YOU.
FOLKS KEPT ON RANTING BULLSHIT.YOUR BLOWS ARE STRATEGIC,PRECISE AND ON POINT
KEEP IT UP MAN
Thanks for your commendation, the only way to combat an IPOB man is to face him with facts that he can see with his own eyes.

They hate facts like Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2017
Why didn't these women vote hillary? They should deal with it, what they should do now is rally congress to stop those laws they don't wantn
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Protesting Against Donald Trump In US (Photos) by Adebowale89(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ugosample:
You are living in Nnewi shocked shocked
Take am easy o

and if I don't take it easy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Infinite Love - (Novel) / RE-INCARNATION [gods in MEN] / Ruthless Betrayals: A story of love, betrayals, vengeance and the supernatural

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.