Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. (4281 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 / Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees / INEC Rejects Governorship Nominations Of Parties In Seven States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2009
kosovo:

Nominations remains Invalidated!
3 nominees per members
kai, are my eyes deceiving me? Thought I saw 5 o.

Ok, I hope this will fly:

1, Ajanlekoko
2, Ibime
3, Beaf
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2009
yea, thanks for following the regulations cheesy
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by PapaBrowne(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2009
I would easily choose:

Beaf
Pros: Highly Informed Critical Analysis. You always have a thing or two to learn from his posts.
Cons: Few

Jakumo
Pros: Intelligent & Creative writing style and consistency in that approach. You get to learn one or two scientific terms reading his posts.
Cons: Many

Becomrich
Pros: Extreme comedic performances. Sometimes you get uncontrollable laughter spasms from reading his posts.
Cons: All and everything.

Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kuramo: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
I'll go for,

BEAF

JARUS

JAKUMO.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by nduchucks: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2009
make I make a couple of observations.  first of all,  una for title dis thread "Nairaland Political Person of The Year" so dat nobody go accuse una of male chauvinism.  una sabi say women dey make positive contributions for here as well. de title don already eliminate women - i guess una dey learn properly from iwuruwuru.

secondly, una never hear of federal charater?  all of una dey vote like say na over seas una dey, why all of una votes na for southerners or implied southerners? small time una go say na southerner go replace umaru next week.  cheesy  de last sentence na joke so make una no attack.

ngwuanu me i go cast my votes:

(1)Jakumo - because de time wey i set am up for vigorous attack, him disarm me with his way with words, him be dan iska.
(2)dede1 - dis one na intellectual wey no dey shy from abusing ya papa and mama, when him vex. apart from his biafran stance, i fit share burukutu with am.
(3)citizenY - dis nominee dey quite intelligent to say de least, on top of dat, him help me to include federal character for my list.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu_chucks:

make I make a couple of observations.  first of all,  una for title dis thread "Nairaland Political Person of The Year" so dat nobody go accuse una of male chauvinism.  una sabi say women dey make positive contributions for here as well. de title don already eliminate women - i guess una dey learn properly from iwuruwuru.

secondly, una never hear of federal charater?  all of una dey vote like say na over seas una dey, why all of una votes na for southerners or implied southerners? small time una go say na southerner go replace umaru next week.  cheesy  de last sentence na joke so make una no attack.

ngwuanu me i go cast my votes:

(1)Jakumo - because de time wey i set am up for vigorous attack, him disarm me with his way with words, him be dan iska.
(2)dede1 - dis one na intellectual wey no dey shy from abusing ya papa and mama, when him vex. apart from his biafran stance, i fit share burukutu with am.
(3)citizenY - dis nominee dey quite intelligent to say de least, on top of dat, him help me to include federal character for my list.
  Recommendation would be accepted only if some one else seconds your opinion.
   but you MUST know that it in no way aimed at promoting or practicing sexism.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by nduchucks: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
kosovo:

kosovo, i no go debate de issue, but e be like say, "Political Man" means male, whichever way you look at it. i no tink say you need anyone to second de suggestion, when it is clearly sensible. But na ya prerogative, process it as you see fit.

The idea of the thread is itself a good one. una do well.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Beaf: 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
kosovo:

[s]Nairaland Political Man Of The Year! Leave Your Nominees Here. . . [/s]

I second ndu_chucks observation. Let's call the award "Nairaland Political Person of The Year" in respect and appreciation of our female contributors.
Going with the above, I nominate an all female crew:

[list]
[li]Chosen04[/li]
[li]Asha 2[/li]
[li]Radiant1[/li]
[/list]
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
Beaf:

[s]Nairaland Political Man Of The Year! Leave Your Nominees Here. . . [/s]

I second ndu_chucks observation. Let's call the award "Nairaland Political Person of The Year" in respect and appreciation of our female contributors.
How about changing 'person' to 'personality'?
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2009
Jarus:

How about changing 'person' to 'personality'?
     i think personalities is okay, since they are going to be Five people with such!
  is  the 5 people who will make it to the closed opinion poll too much or should it be reduced to 3?
  what do u think, ?

i have verified from pages 1-3 and we already have 19 nominees.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
ndu_chucks:

kosovo, i no go debate de issue, but e be like say, "Political Man" means male, whichever way you look at it. i no tink say you need anyone to second de suggestion, when it is clearly sensible. But na ya prerogative, process it as you see fit.

The idea of the thread is itself a good one. una do well.
thanks for your contribution, changes has already made,
i want to assure you and everyone that this would be the freest, unbiased and balanced process ever witnessed here!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by naso2(m): 11:23pm On Dec 01, 2009
Those of you mentioning BECOMERICH, just know say una dey give the guy incentive for more maps o.

My nominees are

GBAWE
BEAF
IBIME
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by nex(m): 8:18am On Dec 02, 2009
@na_so

let's worry about the maps later. Becomerich has no doubt contributed a lot to political discussions on Nairaland. Even when he was bringing up useless points, it taught us the lines of argument not to pursue in political circles. For instance, merging Benin Republic with the Yoruba, Edo, Delta and Ijaw. So let's worry about the maps later and give credit to the fellow for bringing such things to our attention so we know how such crazy ideology will be dealt with in case it comes up in the future.

Do you remember the sort of issues Arthur Nzeribe used to bring up in the Senate? They may have confounded most Senators and even sometimes annoyed them, but it just made them think "what if" and make possible solutions available.

@kosovo

if you're moderator, does that mean Richyblack is gone? Should we get the party started?
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by MrCrackles(m): 8:20am On Dec 02, 2009
nex:

@kosovo
if you're moderator, does that mean Richyblack is gone? Should we get the party started?
Get what party started
Richy is coming back. . . . cheesy
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 9:57am On Dec 02, 2009
nex:

@na_so
@kosovo

You may end up in disappointment if you are interested in starting a party because of Richyblack.
I believe the idea was for a co-moderatorship between the old hand(Richyblack) and the new hand(Kosovo).

@Kosovo,
I strongly believe that we your "Boisterous children" (let me borrow Richyblack's words) deserves to know "how the moderatorship mantle" of this section was handed to you.

On behalf of every contributor in Political section, Congrats and welcome on board
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Pharoh: 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
My Nominations are

Male

Beaf
Afam
Kobojunkie

Female

Chosen04
Aisha2
Radiant1
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
Still thinking!!!!
brb
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2009
@nex

@kosovo

Richyblack is still an integra  part of this section, for the avodiance of doubt, He would  be back soon.

@Kosovo,
I strongly believe that we your "Boisterous children" (let me borrow Richyblack's words) deserves to know "how the moderatorship mantle" of this section was handed to you.

On behalf of every contributor in Political section, Congrats and welcome on board

Thanks for your contribution, but  I can not disclose anything at this moment.
thank you smiley
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:59pm On Dec 02, 2009
Pharoh:

My Nominations are

Male

Beaf
Afam
Kobojunkie

Female

Chosen04
Aisha2
Radiant1

Nominations Invalidated.
To ensure the credibility of this process, your nominations can't be validated
3 nominees per members
Thank you,
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by pcicero(m): 3:11am On Dec 03, 2009
It's very hard because it's been a long year and i've seen so many interesting perspectives on various issues. Sorry, but it's somehow tough.

My nominees:
Kobojunkie (you always stand aloof as if u're not a Nigerian, but i know u are from ur passion)
Jarus (intelligent and forthright)
Beaf ( i like u sha, good and spontaneous)
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by pcicero(m): 3:16am On Dec 03, 2009
Afam, Eziachi (though we disagree sometimes) Aloy Emeka (unbiased and patriotic), Ibime, Nex, Nuzo, Sleezy8, DayoKanu(my good friend since Ife days), Afam4eva, Gbawe, Chosen04 ( i admire her) are also worthy of being mentioned.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:44am On Dec 03, 2009
these are based on the people that always stand out to me, and i usually remember these people
Beaf
Aloy~Emeka
Kobojunkie
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by rhymz(m): 4:51am On Dec 03, 2009
1.Dede1. . . I am yet to see anyone on NL with a grasp of Nigerian History like Dede's.His style of writing represents the intelligentsia class of NL.I like Dede's way of arguement,pointblank,no need to make unneccessary attempts to impress his opponents,He argues with facts and critical analysis.He is the only one that I ve seen on NL that ve the clout to argue both 4rm the standpoint of a historian and a dogged political analyst.Dede's comments on issues are usually thought provoking.He is an uncommon firebrand.
2.AloyEmeka. . . .in these days where very stupid,unserious,boring and jejune threads make it to the front page with faster than light speed(No thanks to most of these rubber stamp MODs),AloyEmeka strikes a balance with threads that are very interesting and are a delight to participate in.Without him,NL as a whole would ve been a bore,he's one Guy that U will hate to miss.
3.Becomrich. . . .For his Delusions,Let's face it,he brings comics to any thread,he serves as a tension neutralizer with his "Mad Man Theories" and "satelite Maps". . . . of course the Yorubas must join benin if Nigeria is to survive(LoL),what a way to relax with Becomerich reeling out jokes.Like somebody said: he thinks he has conversations with God.
Can U imagine that?
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Parohfrey(f): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2009
pcicero:

Afam, Eziachi (though we disagree sometimes) Aloy Emeka (unbiased and patriotic), Ibime, Nex, Nuzo, Sleezy8, DayoKanu(my good friend since Ife days), Afam4eva, Gbawe, Chosen04 ( i admire her) are also worthy of being mentioned.

You are insane and your imbecilic posts are detestable.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by pcicero(m): 11:17am On Dec 03, 2009
Paroh_frey:

You are insane and your imbecilic posts are detestable.

Ok. Those were the exact words i used for your asinine post in the job section. I still believe that your schizophrenic brain needs to be examined.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2009
@Paroh_frey
pls respect everyone's opinion.
Thank you
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kaiki: 1:07am On Dec 04, 2009
please you guys shuold stop all these ranting among ourselves and be focus.

thank you.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by RichyBlacK(m): 9:14am On Dec 04, 2009
My nominations:

1. Eziachi: Gifted historian and meticulous archivist. Thank you for all the beautiful and educative threads! I look forward to reading more from you.

2. paddy_lo/padd_ylo: They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but what about a thousand beautiful pictures? Very few posts have made me drift in nostalgic dreams of years past and years to come as those beautiful pictures you've taken so many hours to post! Thank you!

3. Aloy~Emeka: Unearths all the news from everywhere about Nigeria. Your hard work has given many of us our daily news. Thank you for your time and diligence!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 9:24am On Dec 04, 2009
Thread would be locked on 04-12-09/11:59PM.
  This is ensure the credibility of the process cheesy
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 9:30am On Dec 04, 2009
pcicero:

Nominations Invalidated. your earlier nominations has been accepted!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

3. [b]Aloy~Emeka: Unearths all the news from everywhere about Nigeria. Your hard work has given many of us our daily news. Thank you for your time and diligence![/b]
I think I underrated Aloy's contribution here. I narrowed "personalities" to 'analysts'. Aloy may not be a top analyst in the mould of beaf, pcicero, Ibime, Ajanlekoko and co, but she is surely a "personality" whose contribution here, through various news she digs up about Nigeria, are invaluable.
If I broaden 'personality' further, Becommrich can also not be overlooked here. Forget about the reasonability of his contribution, the passion he deploys in arguing makes him a 'personality' that cannot be ignored here.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2009
I finally nominate
jakumo
mr crackles
Aloy~emeka

no comment pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Jonathan: Leaner Cabinet Impossible For Now / Really Old (photo) Of Prof .Wole Soyinka But What Is He Holding ? / SUPPORT Gen Buhari"s Presidential Aspiration Come 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.