Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. (4284 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 / Senate Confirms Nominations Of 18 Ministerial Nominees / INEC Rejects Governorship Nominations Of Parties In Seven States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by youngies(m): 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
I suggest the OP should start a poll that will be updated as names are suggested.

My nominees are:
Jakumo
Afam
grafikdon
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2009
youngies:

I suggest the OP should start a poll that will be updated as names are suggested.

My nominees are:
Jakumo
Afam
grafikdon
Obviously, you did not read how the process is going to be,
check it out on the first page!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by KnowAll(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
Put a poll of on the damn thing, at least these days there is a poll on everything even how many times one shit in a day.  As it is we dont know who is leading at the moment, I am a poll addict now courtesy to NL,  cant wait to tick the name of someone if just for the fun of it.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by babaa2: 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2009
emyah, Onlytruth, Wly Wily
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by ketsho: 4:08pm On Nov 30, 2009
Onlytruth, Wly Wily, emyah
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by emyah(m): 4:09pm On Nov 30, 2009
Onlytruth, Wly Wily, Beaf
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by pcicero(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2009
Let's see if we can do better than Iwu's INEC and PDP!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by oko1: 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2009
Onlytruth, emyah, Wly Wily
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2009
KnowAll:

Put a poll of on the damn thing, at least these days there is a poll on everything even how many times one shit in a day.  As it is we dont know who is leading at the moment, I am a poll addict now courtesy to NL,  cant wait to tick the name of someone if just for the fun of it.
  Go to the First page and read how it's going to work.
  fair and balanced.
thats the best i can think of,
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
@babaa2, ketsho, emyah, and oko1
i want to believe that you are one, and your nominations would be treated as one.
No spammers.
thank you
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by emyah(m): 4:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
kosovo:

@babaa2, ketsho, emyah, and oko1
i want to believe that you are one, and your nominations would be treated as one.
No spammers.
thank you

We are all born into history. We did not choose to be born into our own unique history. We did not choose to be born literally, believe that there is a king in every man and a queen in every woman This is why they have always guarded their freedom jealously. We are simply born into who we are. We were born into who we are free of coercion, compulsion, or persuasion. We simply became who we are.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by bawomolo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2009
jakumo, walakolobo and becomerich.

you got to admit they make this section interesting. jakumo has singlehandedly forced Daddy GO followers into exile grin
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by MrCrackles(m): 4:39pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

jakumo, walakolobo and becomerich.

you got to admit they make this section interesting. jakumo has singlehandedly forced Daddy GO followers into exile grin
But then is Daddy GO-GO now all about politics
I am still thinking about which poster has kept it real in the politics section. . . .
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Nov 30, 2009
MrCrackles:

But then is Daddy GO-GO now all about politics
I am still thinking about which poster has kept it real in the politics section. . . .

hey he is one of the hot topics. You can give it to aloy-emeka or beef too.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
Am choosing my Top 3 politics section  NLers with his quote by JOHN COHEN at the back of my heart =======

"The man who first abused his fellow with swear-words instead of bashing their brains out with a club should be counted among those who laid the foundation of civilisation"

1)  Eziachi
2)  Ezeagu.
3)  Aloy_emeka

*****I will post the post that made me choose these guys later.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by emyah(m): 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
chosen04:

Am choosing my Top 3 politics section NLers with his quote by JOHN COHEN at the back of my heart =======

"The man who first abused his fellow with swear-words instead of bashing their brains out with a club should be counted among those who laid the foundation of civilisation"

1) Eziachi
2) Ezeagu.
3) Aloy_emeka

*****I will post the post that made me choose these guys later.

Thank you for choose this guys
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by citizenY(m): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
^^^^^^

Choseno4,

Wise choice

So it is politically correct to play victim ? It is just like the Maradona and Thierry

Henry scenario. You are a very good referee and that is really why I did not nominate you and the guys you chose.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
Eziachi:

How can you get what he was saying? When you are swimming in you utopian world of illusion. Whatever you say, it is now a fact that in Nairaland you are the guy or gal that GLOFIED RAPE as weapon of war.
That is a TAG you will never ever escape now. “SAFEGO THE WAR RAPE ADVOCATE
[/color][color=#990000]

Eziachi is a fighter. Am proud of his fighting spirit. This post his year has been educating. He doesnt post cos others are posting, he goes to the archives to select his post.

ezeagu:

Do people not get tired of complaining? Complaining about Nigeria is about as redundant as complaining about the performance of a car with no engine.

Ezeagu says it the way it should be said. Patriotism is nothing but a word coined to fool nigerians in the fools paradise called nigeria. Thus, nigeria is a car without engine as far as Ezeagu is concerned.

quote author=Aloy~Emeka link=topic=341181.msg4776687#msg4776687 date=1256169107]
One day we shall have ms Armed robber beauty pageant in Nigeria.
[quote][/quote]

Weird stories posters. This guys knows all the websites that carry weird stories in the world. Hope he gets paid for those stories?. Thank God he delivers it free of charge to politics section.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
Replete with 'Pa James' analysts as it is, Nairaland politics section is surely still blessed with a few brilliant, informed analysts.
But as an aside, I think the thread starter did not title this thread correctly. 'Nairaland Political Man Of The Year!' sounds vague, you could have put it as 'NL Political Analyst of the Year' or 'NL Politics Section Poster of the Year'.

The Don-General, in my own reckoning, is:
1, Ajanlekoko: He is not a thousand-poster. His presence in politics section is even not so frequent. Hardly contributes to dumb topics. Put up an insightful thread and see the best of Ajanlekoko. Far ahead of many of us in analytical power.

Others:
2, 9jaganga: Another incisive analyst
3, Ibime: Usually takes a moderate approach to issues. Quite versatile. Incisive and informed comments. His comments, especially when serious, are class.
4, Pcicero - Has a good grasp of happenings in Nigerian politics and deploy same in analysing issues
5, Beaf: Forget about his radical, sometimes subjective, views, he is not a bad analyst, much as we hardly agree on issues. Even when you disagree with him, it's always an uphill task knocking out his points.

Honourable mentions:
-Bawomolo
-Afam
-Knowall
-Grafikdon
-Jakumo
-otokx
-Mikeansy
-Sagamite
-naijatoday
-SEFAGO
-Biina
-Adigun101
-Thinkrait
-Dis Guy
-Larez
-Nuzo

Not forgetting:
-Naijaking
-Epiphany
-Xavier
-fyneguy
-na-so
-Kobojunkie
-bibiking

This is a radical departure from my list when I contributed to the similar topic last year. Came across a lot of folk in 2009 that radically shaped, if not render useless, my 2008 list. Only 2 out of my Top 5 in 2008 could manage to make my list again, one dropping to 'Honourable mention' list and the other further down in 'Not forgetting' list.

@Poster, I'm very sorry for breaking your rule. I have numbered the Top 5 as a direct response to your request, but I can't help not listing other folk that are worth mentioning.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2009
citizenY:

^^^^^^

Choseno4,

Wise choice

So it is politically correct to play victim ? It is just like the Maradona and Thierry

Henry scenario. You are a very good referee and that is really why I did not nominate you and the guys you chose.

@Citizen xYz
Who is Playing  the political victim here? I thought about nominating you but unfortunately u dont seem to have a political stand on issues this days. So wake up from your slumber and start taking a stand on issues.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2009
Jarus:

But as an aside, I think the thread starter did not title this thread correctly. 'Nairaland Political Man Of The Year!' sounds vague, you could have put it as 'NL Political Analyst of the Year' or 'NL Politics Section Poster of the Year'.

@Poster, I'm very sorry for breaking your rule. I have numbered the Top 5 as a direct response to your request, but I can't help not listing other folk that are worth mentioning.

Jarus! Jarus!! Jarus!!! How many times did i call you?

You came to his section broke our rules! As if that is not enough you still use "style" call our new political moderator murderator a DUNDEE.

Pls take time OR I will take you to Nairaland court oo.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2009
chosen04:

Jarus! Jarus!! Jarus!!! How many times did i call you?

You came to his section broke our rules! As if that is not enough you still use "style" call our new political moderator murderator a DUNDEE.

Pls take time OR I will take you to Nairaland court oo.

ROTFLMAO
Hmmnnnn, Madam interpreter. . . mo no call anybody Dundee o grin

More seriously, I didn't even know the Kosovo is now a moderator.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by chosen04(f): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
Jarus:

More seriously, I didn't even know the Kosovo is now a murderator.

ROTFLAMO
Jarus, Will you cross your heart that you didnt know that KOSOVO is now as above?

Instead of you to use "style" ask for 4giveness, you still take "style" dey cover up abi?

Hope you had 9ice Sallah Celebration?
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kegikwanu(m): 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
what nigeria really needs for a period of time is:
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 10:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
Jarus:

Replete with 'Pa James' analysts as it is, Nairaland politics section is surely still blessed with a few brilliant, informed analysts.

The Don-General, in my own reckoning, is:
1, Ajanlekoko: He is not a thousand-poster. His presence in politics section is even not so frequent. Hardly contributes to dumb topics. Put up an insightful thread and see the best of Ajanlekoko. Far ahead of many of us in analytical power.

Others:
2, 9jaganga: Another incisive analyst
3, Ibime: Usually takes a moderate approach to issues. Quite versatile. Incisive and informed comments. His comments, especially when serious, are class.
4, Pcicero - Has a good grasp of happenings in Nigerian politics and deploy same in analysing issues
5, Beaf: Forget about his radical, sometimes subjective, views, he is not a bad analyst, much as we hardly agree on issues. Even when you disagree with him, it's always an uphill task knocking out his points.

Honourable mentions:
-Bawomolo
-Afam
-Knowall
-Grafikdon
-Jakumo
-otokx
-Mikeansy
-Sagamite
-naijatoday
-SEFAGO
-Biina
-Adigun101
-Thinkrait
-Dis Guy
-Larez
-Nuzo

Not forgetting:
-Naijaking
-Epiphany
-Xavier
-fyneguy
-na-so
-Kobojunkie
-bibiking

This is a radical departure from my list when I contributed to the similar topic last year. Came across a lot of folk in 2009 that radically shaped, if not render useless, my 2008 list. Only 2 out of my Top 5 in 2008 could manage to make my list again, one dropping to 'Honourable mention' list and the other further down in 'Not forgetting' list.

Nominations Invalidated, Thank you!
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by nex(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2009
@kosovo

by the time you're done with this poll, you'll give INEC more than enough credit. If it's this difficult to conduct an election among literates, computer literates, nay, internet literates, then imagine what it'd be like to conduct a poll that will include illiterates and the unlearned. And who the hell is vowiski? You should know why I ask.

BTW, it is quite alarming to learn that you've become a moderator.

My nominations:

Becomerich
Aloy~Emeka
Jakumo

I enjoy reading their posts.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by AjanleKoko: 8:41am On Dec 01, 2009
1. Aloy~Emeka - for his sheer number of posts.

2. Beaf - For his dogged stance. He brings the home truth home, and he does it with emphasis. I like his point of view, nothing grey, strictly black and white.

3. Becomrich - For his maps.

Make una no vex if I no mention una. I don't want my nomination invalidated grin
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2009
kosovo:

Nominations Invalidated, Thank you!
Thank you too grin.

Ok, in the spirit of co-moderatorship, I hereby abide by the rule:
My nominees:
1, Ajanlekoko
2, 9jaganga
3, Ibime
4, Pcicero
5, Beaf
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by nex(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2009
@Jarus

Are you trying to vote twice in one poll? Is that not some form of rigging?
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by mbulela: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2009
i do not always agree with these three persons but i find their posts illuminating and their view points interesting.

Ajanlekoko

Ibime

Kobojunkie

there are a few more that fit the bill but i wish to stick to the rules of the game.
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 11:38am On Dec 01, 2009
nex:

@kosovo

by the time you're done with this poll, you'll give INEC more than enough credit. If it's this difficult to conduct an election among literates, computer literates, nay, internet literates, then imagine what it'd be like to conduct a poll that will include illiterates and the unlearned. And who the hell is vowiski? You should know why I ask.

My nominations:

Becomerich
Aloy~Emeka
Jakumo

I enjoy reading their posts.
@nex, it is not as easy as i thought,
you can send vowiski a personal message to ask the questions, or you can check out his stats,

Call the fire services, you should have noticed the changes already cheesy
Thanks
Re: NL Political Personalities Of The Year! Nominations Ended. by kosovo(m): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2009
Jarus:

Thank you too  grin.

Ok, in the spirit of co-moderatorship, I hereby abide by the rule:
My nominees:
1, Ajanlekoko
2, 9jaganga
3, Ibime
4, Pcicero
5, Beaf

Nominations remains Invalidated!
    3 nominees per members

thanks cheesy

every one is entitled to his/her opinion, but m sorry if the heading look vague and since no one seconded your opinion, it remains invalidated as well,
thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Why We Endorsed Jonathan, By Ohanaeze (Guardian Newspaper) / Boko Haram: Should Our Past Leaders Be Ashamed For Not Being Foresighted? / Buhari Coming To Polling Boot With Military Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.