Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th (1665 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / I'll Go House To House To Chase People Out For February 5th Protest' - Man Vows / National Protest: Organizers Release Timetable For February 5th Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by philopaul4(m): 10:08am On Jan 24, 2017
By admin in BREAKING NIGERIA NEWS January 24, 2017
Below is the information being circulated currently on social media for National Protest by Nigerians. The organizers are not yet known but believed to be from the masses.

FIRST MASSIVE NATIONWIDE PROTESTS ON THE 5TH OF FEBRUARY, 2017.

A call for good governance.

A call for urgent explanation into the reckless economic downturn nationwide.

A call for nationwide protests as we say No to the Executive, No to legislatures, No to judiciary… You have all failed us.

We the people are tired. We can no longer continue with all of you. All your excuses and mistakes are not funny. We do not wish to continue with a system and government that is not working but afflicting the people. We the people of this country not living under the privileges of government allowances and remuneration have now accepted to take the bull by the horn to come out and protest this obnoxious and baseless policies and excuses of the government of the day.

Where are the recovered looted funds?

Why do we still have the executive arms and legislatures still enjoying their salaries and allowances while we hear there’s no money to pay workers?

Why do we still see ceaseless power failures with no explanation and hope of getting out of it unlike before?

Why do we keep seeing peace talks in Niger Delta, fulani heardsmen and ipob without any solutions being reached, while the strategies keeps aggravating the people involved as political leaders stage forums to extort funds in the name of addressing their subjects?

Why did we have petrol price rise to 145 for the sake of global oil price crash and removal of subsidy but such price is still being maintained despite significant re-awakening of the oil price from $30/barrel to $56/barrel?

Who is to be held accountable for the sudden and continuous hike in price of commodities in the market, where for the first time in history, Nigeria is suddenly selling kerosene at 400 naira per litre as against 50 naira per litre, diesel at 300 naira per litre as against 100 naira per litre and petrol from 87 naira to 145 naira? Yet maintaining the same systems, environment and maybe a lesser money spending government.

There’s need for Nigerians to rise against what is happening in this country having waited patiently for the legislatures that were elected to represent the people all to no avail.

How can there be rise in cost of living all of a sudden and no one is telling us what is actually happening? Not even a single person in power to address the challenges in the various sectors and introduce palliative measures by the government to cushion the effects?

We call on all Nigerians of good conscience to rise against this inhumanity against mankind, dehumanization and heartlesness living in high places piloting the affairs of this country while we’re yet to drawn into a deep blue sea.

To this cause, we the masses wish to use this medium to alert ourselves that on the 5th of February, 2017 , there shall be a nationwide massive protest from state to state, local government to local government, ward to ward and kindred to kindred.

For the first time, all Nigerians shall match out of their houses to the streets with placards displaying what displeases you in the Nigeria of today both in the executive, legislatures and judiciary arms of government.

Cars shall carry green leaves to display the unhappiness we the masses have towards the economic uncertainties in Nigeria and the displeasure of hearing of excuses and mistakes here and there in governance.

Nobody said anybody is above resignation if he cannot meet up the yearnings of the people like David Cameron of United kingdom.

We are tired of getting surprises whenever we visit the market and yet no shake up in government spending amidst the dwindling economic reserve. Our governors and top government functionaries keep living flamboyant lifestyle, building mansions and buying up properties abroad at the most expensive locations in the world and they end up going away with it once they identify with government or political party of the day.

Enough is enough.

We have been pushed to the wall, we have reached our crossroads and our last hope before we are drawned in silence without notice is a massive protest and a vote of no confidence on the people we voted to pilot the affairs of our nation.

May we rise to demand a bann on the following:

Security votes of every government functionaries. Why do we spend extra while their security operatives rely on their normal salaries, why even continue this scheme in a dwindling economy as this in Nigeria today?

Oversight functions.

Excessive allowances like health and travelling allowances abroad, etc.

New yearly furniture allowances, rentals and kitchens for government houses, etc…

And the need to start owing governors salaries etc.

The need to stop local government allocations till they start functioning constitutionally.

The need to channel youth empowerment programs towards youth friendly programs such as sports, information technology, entertainment, innovations, inventions and not just agriculture or farming.

We call on state of emergency on power, bad roads, poor governance, dead local government areas, electoral frauds etc.

God help Nigeria as we rise on the 5th of February, 2017.

Long live the people of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Pls pass it on till it gets to over 145million Nigerians suffering from the current hardship that is capable of turning this country into a living hell if nothing is done about it NOW.

Encourage growth, encourage development, encourage stability to all.

Help us to fight with our own voices now.

Please kindly rebroadcast…

Source

http://www.nigeria4u.com/2017/01/24/nigerians-call-for-first-nationwide-protest-on-february-5th/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by smithe113(m): 10:09am On Jan 24, 2017
okay
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by balanceofterror1(m): 10:09am On Jan 24, 2017
interesting

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2017
Shame on anybody that voted for this directionless government who will come out to protest..

Shame On You All In Advance

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Chuksonyeike: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2017
this criminals shot at unarmed biafran protesters.They might reperat the same on Feb 5th

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by idupaul: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Shame on anybody that voted for this directionless government who will come out to protest..

I am really ashamed of myself I tell you . Buhari useless gan

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by AuroraB(f): 10:31am On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

Will you be surprised to see them that day? Ever wondered where those 'empty-spaces' gleefully chanting his phantom precedents are? They've not only lost their voices but receiving the harsh end of their machinations, they've mingled with we the sane ones grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 24, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Sai Change

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:36am On Jan 24, 2017
idupaul:

I am really ashamed of myself I tell you . Buhari useless gan
At least you've retraced your step & realised your mistakes, but I'm always demystified whenever some group of paid charlatans applaud this government for gross incompetency. Quite pathetic angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Airoflaw(m): 10:40am On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by xana101: 10:47am On Jan 24, 2017
Infact this is coming too late. The hunger and job loss is alarming.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:58am On Jan 24, 2017
AuroraB:
Will you be surprised to see them that day? Ever wondered where those 'empty-spaces' gleefully chanting his phantom precedents are? They've not only lost their voices but receiving the harsh end of their machinations, they've mingled with we the sane ones grin
My sister it's really sad, but my joy is that we are all in it together. Recession no know who be zombie oh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by AuroraB(f): 11:05am On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
My sister it's really sad, but my joy is that we are all in it together. Recession no know who be zombie oh cheesy
Na dem dey suffer am pass. I wasn't fooled like they were, that's something kiss
And, ana'm aku oil, shaking adiro grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by SalomonKane: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

I voted for this government, and indeed I'll come out and protest, and shame will not be upon me, but upon those who continue to celebrate and cheer mediocrity and stangnancy and backwardness as a result of being lobotimise via religion and tribal bigotry.

The path to truth isn't celebrating a failure while cheering another failure! That my friend is gross hypocrisy.

PS. If you voted for PDP or rather, have never voted before in your life, then shame on you!.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by rose54321: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2017
Nigerians should please cooperate in having a PEACEFUL protest.
Things are really messed up.
- Nothing was done about corruption charges levelled against the Sgf or kyari.

- The cost of living is rising everyday, wages have remained stagnant.

- No funds yet 375million released for "feeding" students in schools where teachers are under paid, some don't even have basic teaching amenities.

- Fulani herdsmen now feel they run the country, killing at will, yet the president doesn't deem it necessary to condemn their actions.

- Personally i doubt this administration has lived up to any campaign promise. I understand times are hard all around the world but the president has failed to show that he understands the average Nigerians plight.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by badbros(m): 11:43am On Jan 24, 2017
Following...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nickymezor(f): 11:46am On Jan 24, 2017
It's a right move that will yield positive results. .. I jst hope it comes to pass... ENOUGHISENOUGH . The era of Suffering n Smiling has to cease.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by byteem: 11:56am On Jan 24, 2017
I PITY YOU ALL PROTESTERS .. POLICE WILL JUST SHOOT U AND SAY THE PROTEST IS ILLEGAL OR CALL ALL OF U IPOB...NIGERIA IS NOT WORTH DYING FOR ..
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by oloriooko(m): 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
This protest should not be violent but a wake up call to our leaders about their promises
I will join only if it's peaceful cuz for now, 9ja is not worth dying for

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
AuroraB:
Na dem dey suffer am pass. I wasn't fooled like they were, that's something kiss
And, ana'm aku oil, shaking adiro grin
Adanne Boko na-aku n'egwu adiro smiley cool
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by Habakus: 9:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
Let those who voted for this government come out for the protest.
SE/SS,don't allow yourselves to be used as sacrificial lambs; when they're ready for progress,we'll know.
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by 989900: 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
I Will be there . . . We should all be there.
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by joeworipre: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
Not even sure who is Nigeria's president at the moment. Whose name are we going to shant?
Re: Nigerians Call For First Nationwide Protest On February 5th by decomaniaboss(f): 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
At least you've retraced your step & realised your mistakes, but I'm always demystified whenever some group of paid charlatans applaud this government. Quite pathetic
omemka and sarrki angry as in Hein? if I catch those 2 b.....ds Hein

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: The New Voice Of Pro-biafra Independence- Daily Mail Uk, AFP / I’ll Complete 2nd Niger Bridge, Buhari Assures Southeast Leaders / Breaking: El Rufai C’ttee Recommends State Police, Prisons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.