Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:06 AM

FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town (11669 Views)

FIFA Women's World Cup Draw On Dec 6th At 6pm / FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw In Brazil / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2009
FRANCE will ease past the first round but will therefore encounter NIGERIA or ARGENTINA!
Nigeria will either come out first of their group or second.

the only match i really dont want to see in early stages is a bloody FRANCE-NIGERIA!!!!!
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by Dvampire(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2009
cameroon is not in an easy group either. check it out. they have to contend with players like van persie, robben, niklas bendtner, honda etc. i dont think it would be easy for cameroon
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by alex406(m): 11:08pm On Dec 04, 2009
Nigeria will surely scale through.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by skfa1: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2009
alex406:

Nigeria will surely scale through.

Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by Gekko(m): 12:26am On Dec 05, 2009
I am happy with this draw. I think its make an exciting match up playing
tough teams like Argentina, its the games that the whole world would be talking about.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by shesi(m): 1:55am On Dec 05, 2009
Group G offers the most excitment. 3 Potentially Classic games packed in one group. Brazil-Portugal, Portugal-IVC, Brazil-IVC.
definately the most dificult group. Followed by Group D.

Nigeria's got an easy group but i doubt they'll come out of it. Greece are Greece. They have had a strong team since 2004. On paper they're better than Nigeria. And on present form they're better than Nigeria too. and Korea republic is the strongest of the contenental Asian teams by farrrrr.

If you think you're gonna stroll past that group you've got another thing coming. It could be 2002 all over again.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by hollandis(f): 2:50am On Dec 05, 2009
we beat greeece before -courtesy of siasia and adepoju goals .We can do it again
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by adebayo201: 4:01am On Dec 05, 2009
:p embarassed
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by princekevo(m): 6:00am On Dec 05, 2009
Una dun dey shine mouth now. With the current unseriouse team we have at the moment and their coach, i wonder if we can make it out that group. Nation's cup will prove many wrong here, unless we do the right thing at the right time.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by AreaDaddy: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2009
The full draw

http://worldcup-2010-news..com/2009/12/world-cup-2010-all-matches-all-venues.html

Nigeria has a tough task we need to bring our A++ game

Argentina are always going to be tight and  deserve respect as a team that has won the World Cup twice and appeared in the finals 4 times

Greece have developed a defence that is tighter than a virgin and on top of that are now scoring goals as well, plus they are ex-European champions

While Korea have qualified for the World Cup 8 times (albeit from a relatively easy Asia group) plus are WC qtr-finals
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by CarlosVent(m): 10:14am On Dec 05, 2009
NIGERIA SHULD TAKE IT EASY AGAINST ARGENTINA OR THEY WNT SEE ANY PLAYERS TO PLAY GREECE AND KOREA.

WHO WIL LEAD US THERE HOPE THEY R NOT PLANNING TO TOUCH AMODU COS DAT MAN HAS TRIED FOR NIGERIA.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by U1(m): 10:54am On Dec 05, 2009
Nigeria couldn't have had an easier group than this, and since some people are clamouring that Amodu should remain the head coach based on sentiments, he may go ahead. But one thing is if anything should go wrong over there next year, you people had better not hide your heads o.

As easy as the group seems, I'll not be surprised if South Korea, the one-time semi-finalists and Greece, former European champions should trounce us wella. Things happen. grin
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by BinghiNya(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2009
Nigerians won't stop boasting again. This current team won't make it out of the group stages. We are yet to beat the argies at full level.

USA 94
Argentina 2 Nigeria 1

Saudi 95

Nigeria 0 Argentina 0(2nd string team)

Korea-japan

Nigeria 0 Argentina 1

with messi and taye yatiwo's set

Argentina 2 Nigeria 1(u-21)

Argentina 1 Nigeria 0(U-23)

The best Nigeria can get is  a low score defeat to the Argies.

Nigeria hasn't played the koreans at full level before but they did defeat mikel and his mated in holland 2005 and their pace will be something for our slow thinking defnders and non existent midfield. Its only the greeks we have beaten befor but we have  a sound greek team now with technical awareness and  a solid coach in rehhagel.

June will soon be around
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by otokx(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2009
We can qualify for the second round.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by vicishow(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2009
Aother money making opportunity is on the run for me again.

Thanks Lord!
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by kenuoyibo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
well, i think the super eagles stand a chance in that group. let's be hopeful.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by ayusco: 1:07pm On Dec 05, 2009
@binghinya guy i think u r being abit too pessimistic yes the argies have beaten us most times but those were close hard fought games against teams with world class players but if we can up r game & with some luck anything can happen

as for greece like u rightly said they r ex-european champs but that was back in 2004 and it was a freakish win at that based on hyper-defence play these days they r still defence minded but lack the personnel of 04. player for player we r better and if we play as a team should be able to beat them.

korea yes they beat us in u-20 but we also beat holland in the same tourney does that today make us better than the dutch? like with greece player for player we have more quality. so with good prepin & determination we should qualify from the group. Anyways best of luck SE but if una fail to pass ur group then una be confirmed superless fowls
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by kobikwelu(m): 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2009
i was one of those in the skool of keeping amodu till angola, but seeing the draws and the reality of it all hit me like a ton of bricks,

o boppss!!

we need to pull all the stops to have a glint of hope.

and pls all u guys stop all these childish rantings of "we will easily scale through" angry

lets forget argentina (messi against taiye taiwo cry)

also south koreans(those short korean attackers will take our daddy yobo drink tea) cry

our only hope is the greek team(those guys are very well coached by otto rehagel-imagin going to ukraine and getting an away win!!!!)

guy that group no be come chop angry

BTW i heard that mancini is interested in the nigerian job-not bad, but wud have loved fatih therim.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by MustardInc: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
[size=13pt]Nigeria vs Argentina

on

JUNE 12 folks[/size]
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by hedges007(m): 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2009
Greece have developed a defence that is tighter than a virgin

I can't stop laughing, what an analogy?, lol
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by teemoe(m): 3:54pm On Dec 05, 2009
NO HOPE FOR NAIJA! ! !. .  . but it still looks a bit good.  .  .if you believe all this computer permutations!!

Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by cashful(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2009
hollandis:

we beat greeece before -courtesy of siasia and adepoju goals .We can do it again

it was Finidi (doggy celebration) and amokachie that did it for us
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by ochukoccna: 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2009
[size=14pt]9ja's 'luck' of the draw if she progresses past the group stage. Hope you love it with coach Amodu. Enjoy![/size]

Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by FBS: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2009
Well you/they are assuming that all these other teams will go this far.
You just never know dude. The may not.
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by mamagee3(f): 12:01am On Dec 06, 2009
Although it's a Draw,
Let's just hope the World Cup
wouldn't be a great disappointment
. tongue
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by eddiebomba(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
chilax:

FULL DRAW:
GROUP A
1. South Africa 2. Mexico 3. Uruguay 4. France

GROUP B
1. Argentina 2. Nigeria 3. South Korea 4. Greece

GROUP C
1. England 2. United States 3. Algeria 4. Slovenia

GROUP D
1. Germany 2. Australia 3. Serbia 4. Ghana

GROUP E
1. Netherlands 2. Denmark 3. Japan 4. Cameroon

GROUP F
1. Italy 2. Paraguay 3. New Zealand 4. Slovakia

GROUP G
1. Brazil 2. North Korea 3. Ivory Coast 4. Portugal

GROUP H
1. Spain 2. Switzerland 3. Honduras 4. Chile

omo, i no blame anybody wey say we dey go house!- but i trust we'll be ready by then. meanwhile, we have present biznes to deal with: the nations cup; we do well there (&we should be talking of winning that cup!), we fit shock world o - amodu or no amodu! if i dey dream, make i dream - abi dreams dont come true again?
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by RSA(m): 9:26am On Dec 07, 2009
To all South Africans haters here ya'll continue eating your humble pies tongue
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by ChiefS(m): 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2009
No African Team will make it to 2nd round.
France will be eliminated in the 1st round
Mexico and Uruguay will qualify from Group A
Argentina and Greece from Group B
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by kobikwelu(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2009

okay we have noticed u

****HISSS*****

next post
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by adebayo201: 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2009
ChiefS:

is that what pastor TB Joshua told u
Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by RSA(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2009
:p :p

Re: FIFA South Africa 2010 World Cup Draw - Cape Town by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
ChiefS:

too bad you wont be anywhere close to me on match day because i would have love to make you put your money where your mouth is. . . . . . . . . i stand by the fact (and my money) that France will EASILY get to the 2nd stage and if we get anywhere near Argentina we will send THEM packing.
group A is the easiest of them all, Uruguay aint got a team, just Forlan! mexico is so so and South Africa have no chance to ever beat us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Day 2 Of Higher Institution Football League: BATTLE OF PRIDE / How Coronavirus Could Affect The Olympics 2020, Euro 2020 And The Sporting World / Frank Onyeka Aims For AFCON 2023 Success With Nigeria’s Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.