Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri (40322 Views)

Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Protest Against Angela Uwakwem At FMC Owerri (Photos) / Nairalander Mounts Highest Single Collection Of Statues In Nigeria At Imsu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Penisman: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
This is actually not scriptural, it will only promote idolatry...
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by femi4: 6:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
jinxet2000:
I dont think it was made to be worship, besides, this is the the statue of Christ. It is just an art work.

But people bow before it
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by golddust6000(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
rawpadgin:
who told u guys that this is how Jesus look like
pls help me tell them. Upon all the books on internet how jesus look like still yet ppl will not read. Una still dey carry long hair and big nose so called jesus.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Cyriloha(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
The churches have been kind enough to patronise us in the past few years, and grateful we are. Yet our satisfaction will indeed come when Nigerians will become fully aesthetically aware of their living environment and artistically literate! Till then, we ll keep pushing...

One funny thing about this blog is that everything is done by a nairalnder one day we gobhear a nairalnder scored goal for ARSENAL FC
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by AkumahTalk(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
1 Timothy 4:1-3 -
1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

Exodus 20: 4&5
4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

I no call anybody name oh! If the quoted scriptures offends you; I'm not the author. Channel your grievances to the right quarters. But if I were you, I WILL REPENT!!!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by YUNGLURD(m): 6:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
the statue resemble Ozil
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Orikinla1: 7:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Our Lord Jesus Christ did ask for anyone to make His statue.

That statue does not represent Jesus Christ.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Burgerlomo: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:
Ex20:4

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below

Even God doesn't want his image made but Catholic went as far as carving out images of Jesus and Mary

Well the Lord is a merciful God, he will forgive us of our transgressions.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Proudly Igbo
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Daniel058(m): 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
newyorks:
nna dalu ulo.
EJO Nemadzu! cheesy, are you from ebonyi state? Lol
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Why erect a cement statue when u can easily get a rubber doll ?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by vatiqan(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
dederocs:
Do read What the 10 commandments talk about graven images...thanks

Weldone o, unkul moses! Anymal!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by cloudyskygrind(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
White, that's a white Jesus. It should've been a black Jesus
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by doctorgold(m): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
But what is wrong with us as a people. We tend not to value lives. Why is that person in the first picture hanging on to the hyiab?.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by tillaman(m): 7:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lovely, sight to behold

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Shafiiimran99: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
FaKe
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by femi4: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
Burgerlomo:

Well the Lord is a merciful God, he will forgive us of our transgressions.
ROM 6:1

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Abbey2sam(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
The churches have been kind enough to patronise us in the past few years, and grateful we are. Yet our satisfaction will indeed come when Nigerians will become fully aesthetically aware of their living environment and artistically literate! Till then, we ll keep pushing...

Wow!! Nice one, reminded me of the one in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil "Christ the redeemer"

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2017
Gozmok112:
Proudly Igbo
bae wassup what i asked u for na?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by mecussey(m): 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
Rapmaestro:
The pics of d complete statue

Owerri will soon take over Nigerian news very soon, with the kind of governor we have and the Gboys...news go plenty.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Ubenedictus(m): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:

"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below

Even God doesn't want his image made but Catholic went as far as carving out images of Jesus and Mary
And yet we have images everywhere and no one is complaining, but once it has to do with catholics then everybody immediately remember that images are alledgedly wrong

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by femi4: 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
Ubenedictus:
And yet we have images everywhere and no one is complain, but once it has to do with catholics then everybody immediately remember that images are alledgedly wrong
Images where? Can you elucidate?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
So many false doctrines in the world now sad

Coming from the same people who will protect apostle Johnson Suleiman and say kill Fulani men and cover it up with self defence....... I find ur post really hypocritical

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by monex(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2017
ALAYORMII:
The tallest in East, Nigeria, Africa, or the World??

This has nothing on the one in Brazil (Christ the Redeemer) not to talk of the one in Poland. (Christ the King)
as in ehn. I am always awed anytime I go see the Cristo Redento

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by wildrose21(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2017
lovelygurl:

Hehehehe wasn't it was an image created by Europeans yeeeeeaaaars after his death as idle they knew how he looked like lipsrsealed

They made him European just like almost everything else
I really do believe Jesus (on earth) looked more African than European. Projecting Jesus as white was/is one of the psychological hold the white men used and are still using against the black man. When you see a higher being as white, automatically, you tend to think the other white man on the street is superior than you, which ain't so.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by kernel501: 7:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
is that jesus christ, or kesus klaist?

Is Muhamad
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:

Didn't Moses make a bronze serpent... Is that not an image??

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Iskra: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
this una oyinbo Jesus...pointed nosed caucasoid...i shall not partake..but good artistry all the same
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Scalord: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
So many false doctrines in the world now sad

And what makes you think your doctrine is the true one or even your religion is the right one?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Scalord: 7:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
truthstands11:

Don't make jest of My Holy King for you are nothing but a single breathe. Respect God so that it shall be well with you.

I know many pple who dont respect your God but it is very well with them.. perhaps more well with them that with you...
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thats not what christ looks like.

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by femi4: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
saintmark88:

Didn't Moses make a bronze serpent... Is that not an image??
Good question
It was used according to God's instruction and it was never repeated. That was instruction per time

Num 21:8-9

8 Then the LORD told him, “Make a replica of a poisonous snake and attach it to a pole. All who are bitten will live if they simply look at it!”

So Moses made a snake out of bronze and attached it to a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake could look at the bronze snake and be healed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers / Meet Dohmel Samson, 12-year-old Jos Pencil Artist (photos) / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.