Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri (40320 Views)

Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Protest Against Angela Uwakwem At FMC Owerri (Photos) / Nairalander Mounts Highest Single Collection Of Statues In Nigeria At Imsu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
So why is the statue not black?
White Jesus they told u abi. Lol
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Ubenedictus(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:
Images where? Can you elucidate?
If u live in a city, then many junctions has image, even a picture is a 3D image and we have those. my alma mater (university) had several images, nobody is screaming about them.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by prinx25(m): 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
So many false doctrines in the world now sad
And who made you a judge over what we catholics practice, you shld rather keep shut if you can't be positive. We practice a doctrin that existed since the coming of Jesus Christ and you attend a church that is just a decade old.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by AlphaStyles(m): 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
una done start
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Victekk6(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
[size=8pt][/size] smileyWow this is really good i love it.[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Abagworo(m): 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
ALAYORMII:
The tallest in East, Nigeria, Africa, or the World??

This has nothing on the one in Brazil (Christ the Redeemer) not to talk of the one in Poland. (Christ the King)

The 3rd tallest statue of Jesus in the world and tallest in Africa is at Abajah in Imo State.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
Catholics have got to be the dumbest africans i've met.

I mean how can someone be so dumb that he can be a synonym for dumbness.

A simple instruction was given. Do not, do not make any image of God. Why? so you dont transfer the worship and glory that belongs to only God to something else for our God is a jelous God.

And to cap this magnitude of foolishness, the image had to be white. huhu dumbasses.

Thats why you cant stop feeling low and inferior before a caucasian because you have stupidly made what you revere and adore look like them.

You cant see what you are doing to your mind,

fools.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
Details of the face!
IDOL

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
prinx25:

And who made you a judge over what we catholics practice, you shld rather keep shut if you can't be positive. We practice a doctrin that existed since the coming of Jesus Christ and you attend a church that is just a decade old.

If we start talking about what catholics have done for yeeeeeaaaars from their greed of power, competing with the kings back then to colonisation to the killings of Jews during Hitler's regime then we'll be here for a looooong time!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by prinx25(m): 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=Stupedinluv post=53188049]Catholics have got to be the dumbest africans i've met.

A simple instruction was given. Do not, do not make any image of God. Why? so you dont transfer the worship and glory that belongs to only God to something else for our God is a jelous God.

And to cap this magnitude of foolishness, the image had to be white. huhu dumbasses.

Thats why you cant stop feeling low and inferior before a caucasian because you have stupidly made what you revere and adore look like them.

fools.

[/quote
You should be ashamed of yourself, see how you open your mouth to vomit jagoon upon jagoon.. without even thinking who might be watching, this is basically why juveniles like you end not marrying simply because you can't live a reserve life. I pray you teach your child how to talk this loud too publicly if its a good thing.. You scum
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by prinx25(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:

fools.

You should be ashamed of yourself, see how you
open your mouth to vomit jagoon upon jagoon..
without even thinking who might be watching,
this is basically why juveniles like you end not
marrying simply because you can't live a reserve
life. I pray you teach your child how to talk this
loud too publicly if its a good thing.. You scum

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:

fools.

God Have Mercy on You

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Burgerlomo: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:
ROM 6:1

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

Matthew 7:1
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
[quote author=prinx25 post=53188334][/quote] begone brainless one.

You cant be a Christian, you have been rejected.

You cant be black, you dont have a black mind anymore. I cant share my blackness with you and your brurchins no more.

What you have is something like a replica of whiteness.

begone white slave boy.

You are white cheesy So fvck off
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 27, 2017
codedruns2:

God Have Mercy on You
And may he deliver your white ass from death
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:
And may he deliver your white ass from death

May he also deliver your nasty mouth from hell
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by lepasharon(f): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
Mental slaves such a shame
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
codedruns2:

May he also deliver your nasty mouth from hell
becky white codedruns
You worship what you made with your hands.

You have no voice when it comes to religion

You have brought shame upon everyone.

have some shame ma or go bow to your master albino brother. grin

bye becky!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:
becky white codedruns
You worship what you made with your hands.

You have no voice when it comes to religion

You have brought shame upon everyone.

have some shame ma or go bow to your master albino brother. grin

bye becky!

may i know why you call me WHITE ?

and how is what i worship your business ?

I can as well say you worship a man (jesus) who is know to sexualise and familiazise with renowned prostitutes (M.Mandaline).
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by akigbemaru: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
Jesus statue!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by VeecThorr(m): 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lel. Why can't Jesus be black? Always a white man with blue eyes.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

Tear the old testament away from the bible.
Same lot using the pictures of their G.Os and wives, at the same time condemning others for erecting statues

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by InvertedHammer: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
The churches have been kind enough to patronise us in the past few years, and grateful we are. Yet our satisfaction will indeed come when Nigerians will become fully aesthetically aware of their living environment and artistically literate! Till then, we ll keep pushing...
/

You will see some people bowing to it soon.

The same set of people that accuse traditionalists of idolatory.

\
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 9:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
InvertedHammer:

/

You will see some people buying to it soon.

The same set of people that accuse traditionalists of idolatory.

\
hmmm OK Mr Hammer but art is prehistoric and it transcends every religion, race, and culture
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:

fools.

Its not like me, but shame on you for this comment.
It seems the only thing you understand in the bible is the word Christ. You made attempt to correct others but ended up showing to the world that you know nothing about the teachings of Christ.
Christ always brushed his tongue before speaking to others, that made others believed he is the TRUE son of the most high. How are you any different from those you are trying to correct with this outburst? Non-believers must be laughing at you now.

People like you use pictures of your G.Os with inscriptions like; my year of this, my month of this, the God of this, is my God, believing strongly that they save and answers prayers, will turn around and start insulting others. Ona for tear the old testament troway since na new testament Jesus Christ dey!

Learn to respect others and their beliefs. Your concern should be on how you are going to make heaven, and not whether some people are making mistakes in following Christ.

Have you not wondered why majority of people in present day Israel are Jews. Maybe you should go and kill them for not following the teachings of Christ.
Learn to respect other people please!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 9:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
VeecThorr:
Veec having read the genealogy of Jesus Christ, you could easily tell there is no way He could have been black, sentiments aside.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 27, 2017
Foxyn:
bae wassup what i asked u for na?
plz leave me alone... Stop quoting me
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Ahmiee(f): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
creativity at its best, nice one

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 10:09pm On Jan 27, 2017
VeecThorr:
Why do you want Christ to be black? Maybe you should give birth to him in Lagos.
Common logic should tell you that Christ is an Israelite, and Israeli citizens are white people. Though there may be blacks in the mix, but the first impression is that he is a white man because Israel is a white man's country. Except you want to rewrite the bible to prove he is black.

Just like we Nigerians are first described as people from a black nation before the white minority, Israelites are whites before any other considerations.

I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. Just angry at some comments here. People should just learn to respect others and their beliefs

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 27, 2017
ReubenE:

Its not like me, but shame on you for this comment.
It seems the only thing you understand in the bible is the word Christ. You made attempt to correct others but ended up showing to the world that you know nothing about the teachings of Christ.
Christ always brushed his tongue before speaking to others, that made others believed he is the TRUE son of the most high. How are you any different from those you are trying to correct with this outburst? Non-believers must be laughing at you now.

People like you use pictures of your G.Os with inscriptions like; my year of this, my month of this, the God of this, is my God, believing strongly that they save and answers prayers, will turn around and start insulting others. Ona for tear the old testament troway since na new testament Jesus Christ dey!

Learn to respect others and their beliefs. Your concern should be on how you are going to make heaven, and not whether some people are making mistakes in following Christ.

Have you not wondered why majority of people in present day Israel are Jews. Maybe you should go and kill them for not following the teachings of Christ.
Learn to respect other people please!
Nath Reuben

I cant help a slave.

Help yourself *hands^^*
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:

IDOL
to all you shouting Idols! I have only this answer : Exodus 25:18-22
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Nath Reuben

I cant help a slave.

Help yourself *hands^^*
You are very disrespectful, that's the only thing I'm trying to point out here.

We all have our definition of who a slave is, and I guess yours is very clear.
For me, a slave is anyone who serves or believes in another, that includes God...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers / Meet Dohmel Samson, 12-year-old Jos Pencil Artist (photos) / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.