Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri (40319 Views)

Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Protest Against Angela Uwakwem At FMC Owerri (Photos) / Nairalander Mounts Highest Single Collection Of Statues In Nigeria At Imsu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 28, 2017
saintmark88:

Okay they r descendants from ur fathers village......ode

Oponu if you don't know anything then stop displaying your stupidity to the world. Obviously you know nothing about European Jews. Get your facts right! Mumu.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Octaves(m): 12:09am On Jan 28, 2017
all you folks saying idol worship are just ignorant. read 1Kings you will see where God instructs King Solomon to make special images for the temple he is building for him.
God is not against images. He is against the worship of images. there are many passages in the Bible where God instructed for these images to be made. symbolism has been a part of the Church's tradition from the early history. so its not a new thing.
without the Catholic Church, there would be no christianity or Bible. the Catholic Church is where the tradition and practices of the early Christians are deposited. you guys have the Bible. that's all. the Bible is a compilation of some of the writings of the early church fathers most of whom are disciples. but there is more and that more can only be found in the Catholic church.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Octaves(m): 12:12am On Jan 28, 2017
correctguy0900:
So why is the statue not black?
White Jesus they told u abi. Lol
enlighten me on why you think Jesus was black.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 12:14am On Jan 28, 2017
lovelygurl:

Oponu if you don't know anything then stop displaying your stupidity to the world. Obviously you know nothing about European Jews. Get your facts right! Mumu.

It's either u left ur brain in ur mothers womb or it was cut along with ur umbilical cord. Isreal is isreal mumu.. Jew's are Jew's...
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 12:16am On Jan 28, 2017
lovelygurl:

It's either u left ur brain in ur mothers womb or it was cut along with ur umbilical cord. Isreal is isreal mumu.. Jew's are Jew's... So the original Israelites what happened to them, they dumped their name and decided that others should inherit their name......u r a lunatic....
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Tidamsel: 12:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Wow! Beautiful!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 12:17am On Jan 28, 2017
Octaves:
all you folks saying idol worship are just ignorant. read 1Kings you will see where God instructs King Solomon to make special images for the temple he is building for him.
God is not against images. He is against the worship of images. there are many passages in the Bible where God instructed for these images to be made. symbolism has been a part of the Church's tradition from the early history. so its not a new thing.
without the Catholic Church, there would be no christianity or Bible. the Catholic Church is where the tradition and practices of the early Christians are deposited. you guys have the Bible. that's all. the Bible is a compilation of some of the writings of the early church fathers most of whom are disciples. but there is more and that more can only be found in the Catholic church.

Bros u deserve one bottle of beer

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 28, 2017
saintmark88:

It's either u left ur brain in ur mothers womb or it was cut along with ur umbilical cord. Isreal is isreal mumu.. Jew's are Jew's... So the original Israelites what happened to them, they dumped their name and decided that others should inherit their name......u r a lunatic....

Ah God but why are people so dumb. Listen dude you will not form intelligent 8gent on a topic you know NOTHING about. THEY the Europeans know the truth, THEY the Europeans taught ME about their history. You know nothing about that history because you have been whitewashed. I will not educated you about it because you are old enough to do your research. No point shouting like a baby who is obviously wrong if you can't bring up facts
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by aalangel(f): 12:38am On Jan 28, 2017
Idol worshippers...
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by vatiqan(m): 1:51am On Jan 28, 2017
dederocs:

Am quoting from the bible here, are u a kid or Just ignorant.

What and where exactly were you quoting from? I'm now ready to face you.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Ayatullah(m): 2:04am On Jan 28, 2017
osmoseas:
oooh now I get you, well symbolism has always been instrumental to the teachings of the Roman Catholics, so therefore I was contracted to erect the statue at a strategic position in the church (Christ the King catholic chaplaincy) which is situated directly adjacent to the Owerri mosque.

If symbolism is instrumental to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and that results in your contractual engagement to erect the statue, then as a young chap you should be able to task your brain to verify weather your contractual engagement is in conflict with the Judaic Jesus who was not a Roman Catholica and who as you know from your bible and history was no friends of the Roman idolaters, then you should know the Roman Catholic Church formed after him has led you to disobey God's law.

Are you not aware that God commanded you in the Bible not to make statue?

LEVITICUS:26:1

My dear young chap one, do not let your love for the naira they will lie your pocket with make you disobey the Almighty God.

It's clear God has given you a good skill, but do not let the Catholic Church destroy your paradise which is everlasting. As a sculptor you can earn your living moulding other things that will fetch you money that will give you rest of mind in this world and the hereafter.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Olajidemutiu(m): 6:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
So many false doctrines in the world now sad
bitter truth
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by femi4: 6:36am On Jan 28, 2017
saintmark88:

How about the two cherubims that was sculpted on top of the ark of the covenant??
osmoseas:
Exodus 25:18-22. even the ark had an image!

Everything was done according to God's instruction and the ark of covenant could only be accessed by the priest. They NEVER worshipped the ark but carry it along to signifies God's presence in time of battle.

The question here is that: Is the image (Jesus's or Mary's) made cos it was instructed by God?

Mind you, for every images or construction built by the prophets e.g Noah's ark, ark of covenant, Solomon's temple etc, God gave them detailed dimensions of what he had in mind in terms of length, breath, height etc.

Now, can you categorically tell us that the image before us was built cos God instructed them?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Olajidemutiu(m): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2017
moremi statue in Ile Ife, any difference male and female. respect Jesus but not by given him Image
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Olajidemutiu(m): 6:47am On Jan 28, 2017
moremi statue in Ile Ife, any difference male and female. respect Jesus but not by given him Image don't be like them

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by africanusvu(m): 6:56am On Jan 28, 2017
osmoseas:
The churches have been kind enough to patronise us in the past few years, and grateful we are. Yet our satisfaction will indeed come when Nigerians will become fully aesthetically aware of their living environment and artistically literate! Till then, we ll keep pushing...
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Daniel058(m): 7:05am On Jan 28, 2017
newyorks:
i rep 042.
Kk
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by africanusvu(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2017
osmoseas:
The churches have been kind enough to patronise us in the past few years, and grateful we are. Yet our satisfaction will indeed come when Nigerians will become fully aesthetically aware of their living environment and artistically literate! Till then, we ll keep pushing...
,U won a contract to give them a stature of Jesus and u gave them a statue wit the face of EMPEROR POMPEI.so.as a catholic u ar.does that face represent wat u av as face of Jesus.yet the chaplain didnt notice that
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=osmoseas post=53191099] my guy, you see in the art of sculpture, what makes a masterpiece is not necessarily the colour finishing but rather, the strength of forms and the handling of the subject matter by the sculptor. thanks for your comment though.[/quote

Oh my bro i am not in anyway relegating the awesome talent behind ur works. Ur talent is surely uncommon.
However, i personally feel that the religion we blacks got today is not more than cultural domination as in anything else.

Check it out, from God to all his great followers, no one was perceived black but all white. That means the blacks were never relevant in anything thing great in both history and now. That was were the idea of slave trade emanated from. The whites felt strange about our colour and to make matter worse, we were never in the books afterall. Hence the idea of lesser people and chain them up like beasts.
I still believe in God but i got alot reservations about the writings of the history books and the bible.

And if indeed God is not black, Jesus is not black and all his great people are all whites, then who the hell are we? Are we not indeed strange?

Is it not time we found our own people who were very great black men like Moses, Elisha, Jesus etc?

Must we import everything even to toothpick?
Thank u.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2017
Octaves:
enlighten me on why you think Jesus was black.

i personally feel that the religion we blacks got today is not more than cultural domination as in anything else.

Check it out, from God to all his great followers, no one was perceived black but all white. That means the blacks were never relevant in anything thing great in both history and now. That was were the idea of slave trade emanated from. The whites felt strange about our colour and to make matter worse, we were never in the books afterall. Hence the idea of lesser people and chain them up like beasts.
I still believe in God but i got alot reservations about the writings of the history books and the bible.

And if indeed God is not black, Jesus is not black and all his great people are all whites, then who the hell are we? Are we not indeed strange?

Is it not time we found our own people who were very great black men like Moses, Elisha, Jesus etc?

Must we import everything even to toothpick?
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wtf?! Todays Israelites are whites but then they had ARAB skin. Most places mentioned in the Bible were ARAB countries infact Germania todays Germany was 1 of their enemies. Arabs aren't BLOND WITH BLUE EYES
It's being blond and black the thing?
The Arabs you mentioned, are they black?
Please, go back to the question I responded to.
Infact, lemme repeat the question: why is Jesus Christ always white, and not black?

I believe my response is clear to you now
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wtf?! Todays Israelites are whites but then they had ARAB skin. Most places mentioned in the Bible were ARAB countries infact Germania todays Germany was 1 of their enemies. Arabs aren't BLOND WITH BLUE EYES
It's being blond and black the same thing?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2017
femi4:

Everything was done according to God's instruction and the ark of covenant could only be accessed by the priest. They NEVER worshipped the ark but carry it along to signifies God's presence in time of battle.

The question here is that: Is the image (Jesus's or Mary's) made cos it was instructed by God?

Mind you, for every images or construction built by the prophets e.g Noah's ark, ark of covenant, Solomon's temple etc, God gave them detailed dimensions of what he had in mind in terms of length, breath, height etc.

Now, can you categorically tell us that the image before us was built cos God instructed them?

U r shifting the argument, u said God said thou shall not make any image, yet gave instructions to make images......now the question is, did God and Moses and Solomon commit the sin of idolatry by making these images of objects in heaven and on earth??

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=correctguy0900 post=53196744][/quote]Well is OK, I don't the religion you are into but if you are actually a Christian, I don't really think these things should worry you. else Christ coming will amount to nothing if after all we still feel inferior to the whites. Ephesians 3:6, John 2:2, Acts 10:34-35. and so many verses in the bible were explicit enough for a Christian to know where he stands. and talking about slavery, history already shows that slavery is a cultural practice that permeates every race, even in our place, before the whites our were already engaged in the trade of humans; someone like King Jaja of Opobo was sold not to whites but to a black man, and thee exists other instances. thanks again anyway let me get to work
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 9:34am On Jan 28, 2017
africanusvu:
,U won a contract to give them a stature of Jesus and u gave them a statue wit the face of EMPEROR POMPEI.so.as a catholic u ar.does that face represent wat u av as face of Jesus.yet the chaplain didnt notice that
Hahaaahaaa Emperor Pompeii indeed! and you are Plinny the Great?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by dederocs(m): 10:49am On Jan 28, 2017
vatiqan:

What and where exactly were you quoting from? I'm now ready to face you.
Monkey,u Never read the 10 commandments,or you Just dont know the meaning of 'graven images'... Thou shall not bow down to Any graven images...well í dont blame you, most of you dont read the bible yourself,you Only go through church bulletins.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by vatiqan(m): 11:03am On Jan 28, 2017
dederocs:

Monkey,u Never read the 10 commandments,or you Just dont know the meaning of 'graven images'... Thou shall not bow down to Any graven images...well í dont blame you, most of you dont read the bible yourself,you Only go through church bulletins.

Have you ever read the portion where Moses made a bronze serpent as directed by God, and anyone who looked unto it got healed? Unkul, do you think it's the snake that saved them or the presence of God, in that serpent; or you think God wouldn't have saved them without this directive?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2017
ReubenE:

It's being blond and black the same thing?

Weren't you the 1 that said and the first impression is that he's a white man undecided
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
osmoseas:
Well is OK, I don't the religion you are into but if you are actually a Christian, I don't really think these things should worry you. else Christ coming will amount to nothing if after all we still feel inferior to the whites. Ephesians 3:6, John 2:2, Acts 10:34-35. and so many verses in the bible were explicit enough for a Christian to know where he stands. and talking about slavery, history already shows that slavery is a cultural practice that permeates every race, even in our place, before the whites our were already engaged in the trade of humans; someone like King Jaja of Opobo was sold not to whites but to a black man, and thee exists other instances. thanks again anyway let me get to work

Note that my whole point wasn't about slavery. Why u talking about slavery alone. Why all the great men in the bible whites? Or maybe our skin turned black just recently. Why are we never associated with important things and events in d workd history.
Am just curious
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Ubenedictus(m): 7:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
femi4:
Images where? Can you elucidate?
Oga do u live in a city? if u do arent there images around u of different people, past leaders, kings, historical events, culture... etc, i know d image of azikiwe in awka, images depicting d biafran war in enugu, 3 men greetin when u enter lagos from ogun, oba in edo ...etc, all these sculptures even in d universities and no one care but the moment catholic even paint anything people remember that the old testament alledgely prohibit d making of images.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by VeecThorr(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
ReubenE:
Why do you want Christ to be black? Maybe you should give birth to him in Lagos.
Common logic should tell you that Christ is an Israelite, and Israeli citizens are white people. Though there may be blacks in the mix, but the first impression is that he is a white man because Israel is a white man's country. Except you want to rewrite the bible to prove he is black.

Just like we Nigerians are first described as people from a black nation before the white minority, Israelites are whites before any other considerations.

I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. Just angry at some comments here. People should just learn to respect others and their beliefs

Lel... . Isrealis are brown people, they're basically living in a desert. With that intense heat and little to no protective gear, Jesus would have been as burnt as the bottom of jollof rice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by ReubenE(m): 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
VeecThorr:

Lel... . Isrealis are brown people, they're basically living in a desert. With that intense heat and little to no protective gear, Jesus would have been as burnt as the bottom of jollof rice.
Funny you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers / Meet Dohmel Samson, 12-year-old Jos Pencil Artist (photos) / Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.