Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri (40315 Views)

Owerri Lawyer Wore Blue Suit To Court (Photos) / Protest Against Angela Uwakwem At FMC Owerri (Photos) / Nairalander Mounts Highest Single Collection Of Statues In Nigeria At Imsu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
Abagworo:

The 3rd tallest statue of Jesus in the world and tallest in Africa is at Abajah in Imo State.
then tallest in a Nigerian higher institution, you can as well beat that! *winks*
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
correctguy0900:
So why is the statue not black?
White Jesus they told u abi. Lol
my guy, you see in the art of sculpture, what makes a masterpiece is not necessarily the colour finishing but rather, the strength of forms and the handling of the subject matter by the sculptor. thanks for your comment though.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by newyorks(m): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
Daniel058:
EJO Nemadzu! cheesy, are you from ebonyi state? Lol
i rep 042.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
ReubenE:

You are very disrespectful, that's the only thing I'm trying to point out here.

We all have our definition of who a slave is, and I guess yours is very clear.
For me, a slave is anyone who serves or believes in another, that includes God...
Playing ignorant!

"Slave" in this context is very clear.

If you are an atheist, dont spam my mentions no more, you wont get another reply!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:
Good question
It was used according to God's instruction and it was never repeated. That was instruction per time

Num 21:8-9

8 Then the LORD told him, “Make a replica of a poisonous snake and attach it to a pole. All who are bitten will live if they simply look at it!”

So Moses made a snake out of bronze and attached it to a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake could look at the bronze snake and be healed!
Exodus 25:18-22. even the ark had an image!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
to all you shouting Idols! I have only this answer : Exodus 25:18-22
Oga, dont mis interpret the bible. moreover, that verse is of the cherubs. mind you, any statue to protrate the trinity, is idol. beta repent, u are going against the 2nd commandement.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by felixomor: 10:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Playing ignorant!

"Slave" in this context is very clear.

If you are an atheist, dont spam my mentions no more, you wont get another reply!

Good
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by blingxx(m): 10:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
more pics of the work in progress

not even close to the biggest.. check Christ the redeemer in Brazil

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
doctorgold:
But what is wrong with us as a people. We tend not to value lives. Why is that person in the first picture hanging on to the hyiab?.
Hahaa! he's actually one of the crane operators am sure he trusted his tools!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by dederocs(m): 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
vatiqan:

Weldone o, unkul moses! Anymal!
Am quoting from the bible here, are u a kid or Just ignorant.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 27, 2017
Gozmok112 it's a'ight, am sorry
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by toshmann(m): 10:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
People neednto know that jesus face is not what has been showed all over the world in the last 100yrs.

He was prolly not a blue eyed blonde guy
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Oga, dont mis interpret the bible. moreover, that verse is of the cherubs. mind you, any statue to protrate the trinity, is idol. beta repent, u are going against the 2nd commandement.
OK now because it is the Cherubs it is no longer. image? and now it is one of the Trinity? hahaa... ho did you even come to believe in the Trinity, which happens to be one of the core doctrines of the Catholic Church?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
blingxx:

not even close to the biggest.. check Christ the redeemer in Brazil
a little encouragement will not hurt my friend... big things start small!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Now he is misinterpreting bible abi? My friend be realistic. The chapter and verses he mentioned are also in the old testament. Who is deceiving who?

Exodus 25:18-22
Make two winged creatures of hammered gold, 19 one for each end of the lid. Make them so that they form one piece with the lid. 20 The winged creatures are to face each other across the lid, and their outspread wings are to cover it. 21 Put the two stone tablets inside the Box and put the lid on top of it. 22 I will meet you there, and from above the lid between the two winged creatures I will give you all my laws for the people of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by osmoseas(m): 11:08pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dandsome:
Kai

Who's that guy hanging on the Crane?

This is the height of carelessness. No safety apparel. What if his hands get weak and he falls off?

They should be very careful. Don't get into bigger problems in a bid to do good.

If you cook a very delicious pot of Egusi soup, one teaspoon of kerosene added to the soup can render the soup useless

Strolls outta thread
Hahaahaa! little wonder they say a picture can speak over a thousand words, and I add It can as well mislead in a thousand ways! that guy was actually one of the crane operators and that pic was taken the moment he was descending from the high pedestal after the mounting, and this happened to be the easiest way down for him as at the moment. let's not be too quick to judge... thanks anyway for your comments, nice rhetorics I must say!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
Sometimes anti-Catholics cite Deuteronomy 5:9, where God said concerning idols, "You shall not bow down to them." Since many Catholics sometimes bow or kneel in front of statues of Jesus and the saints, anti-Catholics confuse the legitimate veneration of a sacred image with the sin of idolatry.

Though bowing can be used as a posture in worship, not all bowing is worship. In Japan, people show respect by bowing in greeting (the equivalent of the Western handshake). Similarly, a person can kneel before a king without worshipping him as a god. In the same way, a Catholic who may kneel in front of a statue while praying isn’t worshipping the statue or even praying to it, any more than the Protestant who kneels with a Bible in his hands when praying is worshipping the Bible or praying to it.

Since the days of the apostles, the Catholic Church has consistently condemned the sin of idolatry. The early Church Fathers warn against this sin, and Church councils also dealt with the issue.

The Second Council of Nicaea (787), which dealt largely with the question of the religious use of images and icons, said, "[T]he one who redeemed us from the darkness of idolatrous insanity, Christ our God, when he took for his bride his holy Catholic Church . . . promised he would guard her and assured his holy disciples saying, ‘I am with you every day until the consummation of this age.’ . . . To this gracious offer some people paid no attention; being hoodwinked by the treacherous foe they abandoned the true line of reasoning . . . and they failed to distinguish the holy from the profane, asserting that the icons of our Lord and of his saints were no different from the wooden images of satanic idols."

The Catechism of the Council of Trent (1566) taught that idolatry is committed "by worshipping idols and images as God, or believing that they possess any divinity or virtue entitling them to our worship, by praying to, or reposing confidence in them" (374).

"Idolatry is a perversion of man’s innate religious sense. An idolater is someone who ‘transfers his indestructible notion of God to anything other than God’" (CCC 2114).

The Church absolutely recognizes and condemns the sin of idolatry. What anti-Catholics fail to recognize is the distinction between thinking a piece of stone or plaster is a god and desiring to visually remember Christ and the saints in heaven by making statues in their honor. The making and use of religious statues is a thoroughly biblical practice. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know his Bible.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by trustyG: 11:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
Op, good job!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 11:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
femi4:
Good question
It was used according to God's instruction and it was never repeated. That was instruction per time

Num 21:8-9

8 Then the LORD told him, “Make a replica of a poisonous snake and attach it to a pole. All who are bitten will live if they simply look at it!”

So Moses made a snake out of bronze and attached it to a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake could look at the bronze snake and be healed!

How about the two cherubims that was sculpted on top of the ark of the covenant??

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
ReubenE:
Why do you want Christ to be black? Maybe you should give birth to him in Lagos.
Common logic should tell you that Christ is an Israelite, and Israeli citizens are white people. Though there may be blacks in the mix, but the first impression is that he is a white man because Israel is a white man's country. Except you want to rewrite the bible to prove he is black.

Just like we Nigerians are first described as people from a black nation before the white minority, Israelites are whites before any other considerations.

I'm sorry if I sounded offensive. Just angry at some comments here. People should just learn to respect others and their beliefs

Wtf?! Todays Israelites are whites but then they had ARAB skin. Most places mentioned in the Bible were ARAB countries infact Germania todays Germany was 1 of their enemies. Arabs aren't BLOND WITH BLUE EYES
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Stbottle(m): 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2017
osmoseas:
oooh now I get you, well symbolism has always been instrumental to the teachings of the Roman Catholics, so therefore I was contracted to erect the statue at a strategic position in the church (Christ the King catholic chaplaincy) which is situated directly adjacent to the Owerri mosque.

Symbolism or idolatry
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 11:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
Stupedinluv:
Catholics have got to be the dumbest africans i've met.

I mean how can someone be so dumb that he can be a synonym for dumbness.

A simple instruction was given. Do not, do not make any image of God. Why? so you dont transfer the worship and glory that belongs to only God to something else for our God is a jelous God.

And to cap this magnitude of foolishness, the image had to be white. huhu dumbasses.

Thats why you cant stop feeling low and inferior before a caucasian because you have stupidly made what you revere and adore look like them.

You cant see what you are doing to your mind,

fools.

Dnt be foolish, Jesus didnt fall from d sky, he came from a tribe, which is isreal, common sense should tell u that isrealis are white and not black..........

The serpent made by moses was what??
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 11:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wtf?! Todays Israelites are whites but then they had ARAB skin. Most places mentioned in the Bible were ARAB countries infact Germania todays Germany was 1 of their enemies. Arabs aren't BLOND WITH BLUE EYES

Oga who told u that then they had Arab skin, which kind fool be this nah, how can they have Arab skin den and have white skin now..... U have just taken foolishness to a whole new level.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by JayB11(m): 11:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
Opakan2:
Idol worshipping

As a Christian, you shouldn't use images, crucifix or d likes in worship. it's no longer christianity if you do
So many false doctrines in the world now sad
And you go dey open your big mouth smiling at your pastor and his wife's pix on ur church signboard abi Are you worshipping them?
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 11:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
Trina0936:

Now he is misinterpreting bible abi? My friend be realistic. The chapter and verses he mentioned are also in the old testament. Who is deceiving who?

Exodus 25:18-22
Make two winged creatures of hammered gold, 19 one for each end of the lid. Make them so that they form one piece with the lid. 20 The winged creatures are to face each other across the lid, and their outspread wings are to cover it. 21 Put the two stone tablets inside the Box and put the lid on top of it. 22 I will meet you there, and from above the lid between the two winged creatures I will give you all my laws for the people of Israel.

Leave all these ignoramus, they r so shallow, after talking rubbish here, they will support their fake pastor who asked dem to kill fulani's
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Mikeparlo12(m): 11:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
Paganism.....
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Mikeparlo12(m): 11:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thou shall not bow down to any graven IMAGE. So after moulding this image. Some Denomination of Christian ( they no themselves) will now Bow for this....Am sure this one will be SAINT Jelili......chai.....I will never worship man made God. #proudlyAdventist
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
saintmark88:

Oga who told u that then they had Arab skin, which kind fool be this nah, how can they have Arab skin den and have white skin now..... U have just taken foolishness to a whole new level.

Wow are you for real? The Israelites living in Israel are not the descendants from the Israelites in the Bible!
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by JayB11(m): 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2017
justscorchone:
Another idol mounted,okay kontinu,and who even said Jesus was white..smh
See this muslim.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by JayB11(m): 12:00am On Jan 28, 2017
Splinz:
They only succeeded in erecting a giant idol. SMH
See this muslim.
Re: Nairalander Mounts Biggest Statue Of Christ The King At Alvan Ikoku F.C.E Owerri by saintmark88(m): 12:03am On Jan 28, 2017
lovelygurl:

Wow are you for real? The Israelites living in Israel are not the descendants from the Israelites in the Bible!

Okay they r descendants from ur fathers village......ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu's TVC Sacks 145 Workers / Meet Dohmel Samson, 12-year-old Jos Pencil Artist (photos) / Seven TOP Lying Professions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.