Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,299 members, 7,829,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns (23138 Views)

Don't Marry Anyone In This Category Of Men Or Women. / Why Do Married Couples Have Their Partner's Nude Pictures On Their Phone? / Don't Marry Guys Who Have This 10 Habits... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by TinaAnita(f): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
I can see that 95 percent of those who responded to this post did not agree with the writer. that goes to show that most people whether married or single can't do without passwording their phone for one reason or the other..

Let me chip in something, that a married man did not password his phone doesn't necessary mean that he is not hiding something.. Nothing stops a man from deleting messages, chats among other compromising stuff so that the spouse won't see them.. Any spouse that would cheat would cheat whether his/her phone is locked or not.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Laveda(f): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Story.....I hate it

Everyone can't be thesame.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by euchariadavid(f): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2017
Dats right,password is not good for couples to be
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by euchariadavid(f): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Young03:
What if she tells u the code for the password?
He/she can decide to change the password someday
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Dianeetdiana(f): 10:53am On Jan 27, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

blaise00700:
Abeg forget that parole jor, before GSM come 9ja ppl been dey run package.

All these i too know sef.

Anyway, i still dey enjoy my change grin
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2017
laudate:

Battery life get password?? cheesy Chukwu biko!! shocked
Lol.
That my guy sabi password o. The problem wasn't just the passwords but the way he gets jittery if he ever has to open it for me.

TinaAnita:

Let me chip in something, that a married man did not password his phone doesn't necessary mean that he is not hiding something.. Nothing stops a man from deleting messages, chats among other compromising stuff so that the spouse won't see them.. Any spouse that would cheat would cheat whether his/her phone is locked or not.
Yes, a partner who would cheat would cheat, but ask anyone who has ever dealt with a cheating spouse.
One of the first red flag is how protective they become of their phones/calls.

They can keep deleting, but the wrong message could enter just when your partner is with the phone or when you're asleep_ especially if you don't have a coded cheatmate grin.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by AreaFada2: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2017
laudate:

You should never keep secrets about your healthcare profile from your spouse, fiance, girlfriend or boyfriend. In case of an emergency, they need to know what to do, who to call or what they can use to help you. They can only assist you, if they have your essential details at their fingertips. Imagine a sickle-cell patient, a hypertensive individual or an asthmatic person hiding his medical details from his spouse. He is just signing his death warrant, if he gets incapacitated during an emergency. Do you know how many people die from bad handling, negligence, lack of adequate information and poor medical responses, especially during an emergency?

I mentioned line of work. Read properly first sir/ma.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2017
I didn't even bother to read this cos it is trash to me, what kind of silly advice is that, we live in a country where if you lose your phone, it is going forever unless it gets into the hands of a good Samaritan.

my files are important, if my gf needs my phone all she has to do is ask and it shall be given to her.

I password my phone cos of my files, if had said don't marry him or her if he refuse to let you touch his or her, that's a different case, but like I said earlier I didn't read the post, just the title.

let me stop here..
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by HENRY940: 11:05am On Jan 27, 2017
Excuse me, if you read carefully, the article was not against putting passwords,

It was against passwords blocking the one you claim to love.

Meaning if you have to put a password, let him or her know the password.

All those jumping to say, I have sensitive this and sensitive that, to protect, are just grasping at straws while drowning in the pool of some guilt. Yes I said it. Guilt.

Oya kiss the truth. kiss
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by MattFreeman007(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2017
why do u close the bathroom door, when bathing or shitting? Privacy matters, if she so desires to get the password, she should ask. I don't password my devices but if i keep it and see anyone...i mean Anyone operating it without my permission, yawa must dey..!!!
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by yedidiah(m): 11:09am On Jan 27, 2017
I don't password my gadgets but don't think all who do have skeletons to hide.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by OlujobaSamuel: 11:09am On Jan 27, 2017
e be like sey people no sabi read again, people just dey state off point arguments, e talk sey ur partner should not be the reason for the password, some just dey talk rubbish. Naija youths, i take God beg una, dey learn to read, stop fighting to be heard, fight to be listened to

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Gistboy: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2017
Many that are commenting didn't understand what the counselor said. the counselor isn't against phone password but when your spouse becomes the reason for it then something is wrong somewhere. I agree with her. if you really agree that two of you are one then nothing should be hidden.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2017
What advice do you have for those who invade one's privacy? Some people lack that simple courtesy
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by mykeljosef: 11:16am On Jan 27, 2017
mhizchristabel:
I Do Password Ma Fone because Of Ma Friends Nd Rumate. Ma Fiance Dnt Even Go Close To Ma Fone I Dnt Knw Y Buh He Giv Me His... He Knws D Code Thou

my gf does same

I have access to her social media accounts but she doesn't want mine

i swear it scares me
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by arizon101(m): 11:19am On Jan 27, 2017
winkmart:

A Ghanaian counselor has warned intending couples to avoiding marrying anyone who puts passwords on their phones.

Counselor Adofoli wrote:
If you are single and thinking of marriage then please don't marry anyone who puts passwords or locks on their phone as a form of security to prevent you from accessing their conversations.

They can surely do this for other security measures, but you must not be the reason for this action. I am very much aware that passwords or lock are for security purposes but one thing I don't approve of is when a spouse becomes the reason for that security measure.

There is nothing like secrecy or privacy in marriage, let no one deceive you there is, and let no one tell you he or she is doing that to save you from getting hurt. Marriage is a holy institution, there is nothing like hiding. Marriage is made for life and one of the very things that can destroy it is acts of hiding things.

The bible says in Genesis 2:25 (TLB)
"Now although the man and his wife were both naked, neither of them was embarrassed or ashamed". What are you embarrassed or ashamed of your spouse seeing? If you can't be truthful, honest and transparent with them, then there is no need getting married to them. It doesn't matter how you feel about them.

Mark 10:8 (NLV) says
“The two will become one. So they are no longer two, but one”. I therefore suggest to you, if he or she is hiding things from you, it simply means they don’t want to become one with you. Such a marriage won’t last.

Many people don't know trust is more important than love in any relationship especially marriage. Love without trust is empty. Trust enhances love, it makes it beautiful and fortified. Trust is very essential. Not even thieves can work together if they can't trust each other. An employer and employee cannot have a good relationship if trust doesn't exist. It takes trust for citizens to elect one of their own as their leader or president. It takes trust for God to perform miracles in our lives as humans.

Your relationship is bound to fail if you agree to marry someone you don't trust. The simple question is, if I can trust you with the most important organ in my life which is the heart, that which holds my life in the name of love, then why can't I trust you with a phone conversation or chat? If the chat is more important than me, then you don't need me in your life. I'm supposed to be the most important person in your life and can't stand the competition with passwords.

Once I agree to marry you, it means I trust you, and there is no need to suspect you, or secretly read your chats etc. in your absence. In Ephesians 5:21 (TLB) bible instructs spouses to "Honor Christ by submitting to each other".

In other words, respect each other and for that matter If I need to have access to your phone or social media account, I need to seek your approval or ask for your permission.

Our goal in marriage is to be good couples. A good wife will be the husband's peace and a good husband will be the wife's protection. If you are married but find yourself guilty by this message, please change. You might not understand the damage you are causing your marriage and spouse until the same thing is done to you.

In conclusion "If you do the right thing, honesty will be your guide. But if you are crooked, you will be trapped by your own dishonesty" - Proverbs 11:3 (CEV).

[img]https://2.bp..com/-aCQq8JlefW4/VFpXBTHBX4I/AAAAAAAAAn4/Z9_FN3fw6h0/s1600/android-security-unlock.jpg[/img]

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2017/01/dont-marry-anyone-who-puts-password-on.html

lalasticlala
Nonsense sad sad sad, i put password on every gadget i have,many of my lady friends know the pswrd and dat maks dem tnk d re special 2 me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by crownbryan(m): 11:23am On Jan 27, 2017
Perspective matters, spouse should understand each others better and know what work for them.

Meanwhile, should-schools-expel-teenagers-who-get-pregnant; what-can-a-parent-do? join the discussion

http://www.allaboutschoolsng.com/discussion-forum/school-matters/2-should-schools-expel-teenagers-who-get-pregnant-what-can-a-parent-do
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by holujay1: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2017
People are fond of checking your message and using your recharge card that's why my phone must be passworded
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by DeLioncourt: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2017
Tazmode:
undecided People are just giving useless advice everyday

So if my profession requires me keeping confidential info on my device that may be accessed at any time, make I leave am open ehn?

You try, you try very well

If you took the time to read it well, you'll understand better and not call his advice useless.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by DeLioncourt: 11:27am On Jan 27, 2017
Tazmode:
undecided People are just giving useless advice everyday

So if my profession requires me keeping confidential info on my device that may be accessed at any time, make I leave am open ehn?

You try, you try very well

If you took the time to read it well, you'll understand better and it call his advice useless.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by wobia007: 11:28am On Jan 27, 2017
Well spoken....the two shall become one, thou shall not hide.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by darlenese(f): 11:32am On Jan 27, 2017
I'm married !

I passworded my phone !

Hubby passworded his!

I know his password !

He knows mine !

Any problem ?
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Taiwo20(m): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2017
Put don't just wake up and password one day and password their phone. There's a reason for that.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by maasoap(m): 11:41am On Jan 27, 2017
eanestca:
STORY

Putting a password on phone is not a big deal if only you try to understand the reason behind it,

1) phone is like his own private space so let him be
2) the fact that he or she put password does not mean he/she can't give you the password to allow you access
3) kids, younger ones and some friends could also be the reason behind the password
4) he or she could also have confidential information's like company info, client info etc which he is bound to protect leading to the password on the phone
5) have you also considered the phone getting misplaced or stolen and the person who gets it will have instant access the everything on the phone(which may even include your nude pics/videos) which is why he or she pass worded it

Please I understand Buhari is our president but we all must not also reason like him please,
the fact that mmm freezed our marvros does not mean we should also freeze ore brains please
Thunder fire your yansh! If you have reasoned like Buhari, Chiddy and Mavrodi wouldn't have been flexing with your money by now
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by ghostmist: 11:47am On Jan 27, 2017
Friendzone:
Nobody should tell Me security undecided

Security from who? undecided

Some people will even overdo it

Unlock phone : Password

Phone : Password

File manager : Password

Gallery : Password

Browser : Password

Music : Password

Videos : Password

Calender : Password

Calculator : Password

Whatsapp : Password

Settings : Password

What exactly are they hiding? undecided
Bro you just described my phone...even my contact list i password am. The worst part is that, if you input the first password, it still asks you for a second one before granting you access. grin cool

accessing my phone is like accessing a classified, top secret CIA file...
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by chronique(m): 11:59am On Jan 27, 2017
Well said. I guess a lot of folks didn't read this properly. She said if you are the reason they password their phones,don't marry them.

1 Like

Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
I password my phone so that I won't dial unnecessary numbers
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by akaahs(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2017
xynerise:
Crap!!! I password my phone because of my kids
baba read well, he mean ur aim of passwording ur phone shouldn't be because of ur spouse or partner
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by loomer: 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2017
mhizchristabel:
I Do Password Ma Fone because Of Ma Friends Nd Rumate. Ma Fiance Dnt Even Go Close To Ma Fone I Dnt Knw Y Buh He Giv Me His... He Knws D Code Thou

It's a mobile phone, its personal and he knows that.

My papa no dey pick my mama call, if the phone like make e ring till e explode.
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Annie939(f): 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2017
I always put password just for security reasons
Re: Don't Marry Anyone Who Puts Password On Their Phone - Counselor Warns by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
mykeljosef:

my gf does same

I have access to her social media accounts but she doesn't want mine

i swear it scares me

lolz... Same Wit Mine I Hav Access To His Social Media Account Buh He Doesn't Want Mine Too. Sometimes I Stylishly Drop D Fone Stil He Wont Touch... I Hav His Details Down To Bank Account Nd ATM But He wont even ask me for Anytin... Dnt B Scared I Tink Is Trust

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Challenges Of Being Lanky / How Do You Differentiate Between Good Pussy And Bad Pussy? / This Nairalander Robbed Me (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.